12345679Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Hope R5D4 is finally arriving. With 98.7% of SWGoH users polled ranking him as their most wanted toon, it definitely should be him.

There was a poll for that? I didn’t know. I’m honestly extremely surprised that he’s the Most Wanted toon. I’ve never heard talk of him being wanted until I saw this post.

Pretty sure it was meant as a joke, BUT there's a kernal of truth in it (not about R5D4, though, that's definitely a joke).

Every now and again they'll send out surveys in the game that ask a bunch of questions. I've done two, one was right about the time Rogue One came out, and the other was maybe a year ago. One of the questions they ask is just a big, long list of characters and a simple "Pick five of these characters that you would like to see in the game." You never get the results or to learn what other peple picked, but at least you get your input.

My big regret from that first one is that I took it an hour before watching Rogue One. I saw the name "Saw Gerrera" and skipped it because I had no idea who that was, and now I waaaaaaaaaaant hiiiiiiimm.......

Thanks for the correction. I too, would love to see Saw in the game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Heh... See Saw.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Droid rework including fixing Grievous and p2p Droideka/ Mr. Bones.
  • 123456789Cattail
    176 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    As for the Revan talk, maybe we'll get a Legendary Bastilla event, and then you'd need her, Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Canderous, HK, Jolee, T3, and Juhani for a really long Hero's Journey event to get Revan that would play through the entirety of KOTOR. They'd all be Marquees, and they'd also release Darth Malak, Dark Jedi, and Admiral Karath as Marquees leading up to it. It's a lot of toons but a guy can dream.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    As for the Revan talk, maybe we'll get a Legendary Bastilla event, and then you'd need her, Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Canderous, HK, Jolee, T3, and Juhani for a really long Hero's Journey event to get Revan that would play through the entirety of KOTOR. They'd all be Marquees, and they'd also release Darth Malak, Dark Jedi, and Admiral Karath as Marquees leading up to it. It's a lot of toons but a guy can dream.

Don’t forget Meetra
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Right after ships are released if we get Greivous reworked without a capital ship I will be very surprised/disappointed.
  • Options
    New droid meta incoming!
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Hope R5D4 is finally arriving. With 98.7% of SWGoH users polled ranking him as their most wanted toon, it definitely should be him.

There was a poll for that? I didn’t know. I’m honestly extremely surprised that he’s the Most Wanted toon. I’ve never heard talk of him being wanted until I saw this post.

98.7% of statistics on the internet are made up.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    Been following Star Wars since ‘84. Saw ROTJ in the theater when I was a kid. Have seen every movie in the theater since. Tradition. Have many of the Dark Horse comics. Still don’t know who Revan is. Don’t care either as long as it isn’t another Han. Multiple variations of characters is a sign the well is running dry imo.

The dark horse comics were all trash. You’re a typical average fan nothing more. Revan’s story is probably the best in the Star Wars EU. Sucks that not everyone has experienced it.

Who is Revan?
    Most people only know Star Wars for their movies and cartoons like me. We don’t read the comics, same situation applies to Marvel and DC.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Been following Star Wars since ‘84. Saw ROTJ in the theater when I was a kid. Have seen every movie in the theater since. Tradition. Have many of the Dark Horse comics. Still don’t know who Revan is. Don’t care either as long as it isn’t another Han. Multiple variations of characters is a sign the well is running dry imo.

The dark horse comics were all trash. You’re a typical average fan nothing more. Revan’s story is probably the best in the Star Wars EU. Sucks that not everyone has experienced it.

Who is Revan?
    Most people only know Star Wars for their movies and cartoons like me. We don’t read the comics, same situation applies to Marvel and DC.

I doubt u, or anyone else 4 that matter, is qualified to state what "most people" know or don't know about Star Wars whether it b movies, cartoons, comics, EU books, fan films or anything else. Generalizations like that only go to show what u don't know...not what u do.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »

98.7% of statistics on the internet are made up.

34.6% of posts on the internet are funny. A funny post, that was.
  • Options
    started rereading the Darth Vader comics by Kieron Gillen and i changed my mind about what i want this daily login to be in regard to:

GIVE ME DR. APHRA WITH TRIPLE ZERO & BT-1!!!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

Who is Revan?

I doubt u, or anyone else 4 that matter, is qualified to state what "most people" know or don't know about Star Wars whether it b movies, cartoons, comics, EU books, fan films or anything else. Generalizations like that only go to show what u don't know...not what u do.

The year is 2018. Knights of the Old Republic is a decade old. Star Wars is an incredibly popular franchise with children and teens who never played the game.

I was born in 1982 and didn't know what a Revan was until the Old Republic MMO, and even then it was just for one (ridiculously circuitous) quest line on one planet that only Empire characters interacted with.

KOTOR has a very passionate cult following. But it's still just a cult following with small numbers.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options

Who is Revan?

This made my nose bleed. Yeup and only Stargate fans have watched the first movie, none of the tv shows. Xfiles fans? Same deal only the movies, not the tv show, comics or books. Star Trek? Just the new movies, no fans of the other 8 and countless tv shows and books. Also use google its your friend. The eternal september marches on.

We dont read the comics, same situation applies to Marvel and DC....... soak that in please.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Eutus wrote: »

Who is Revan?

This made my nose bleed. Yeup and only Stargate fans have watched the first movie, none of the tv shows. Xfiles fans? Same deal only the movies, not the tv show, comics or books. Star Trek? Just the new movies, no fans of the other 8 and countless tv shows and books. Also use google its your friend. The eternal september marches on.

We dont read the comics, same situation applies to Marvel and DC....... soak that in please.

These analogies aren't as good as you think they are.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

Being a fan is defined by love of the property. No love is invalid.

Not by the size of one's nerd peen.

There is no magic amount of media you have to consume before you count as a fan.

That said, Star Wars is first and foremost a movie franchise. Everything else- the TV shows, the novels, the comics, the games, the Daily Show interview that somehow became canon, the magazines, the roleplaying games, the coloring books, the bad guy helmet coffee mugs- are supplemental. If you have watched most of the movies, you've experienced most of primary Star Wars.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No love is invalid.

I tried that line in court. Didn't work...

:neutral:
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Being a fan is defined by love of the property. No love is invalid.

Not by the size of one's nerd peen.

There is no magic amount of media you have to consume before you count as a fan.

That said, Star Wars is first and foremost a movie franchise. Everything else- the TV shows, the novels, the comics, the games, the Daily Show interview that somehow became canon, the magazines, the roleplaying games, the coloring books, the bad guy helmet coffee mugs- are supplemental. If you have watched most of the movies, you've experienced most of primary Star Wars.

If you’ve seen the OT, I would consider that primary Star Wars. I love all the movies, books, games, but the OT in my opinion is the definition of Star Wars.

And if you like Star Wars, even the slightest bit, I would except you into my extreme nerd club. Because I need more people.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Ebbda wrote: »
    Y’all don’t understand, if we get KOTOR Jedi and Bastila is one of them I will never let any of my guildmates live down the sheer irony of me being probs the only one of them with a character in game that I named my account after. They will never be able to forget it.

They said no plans for a Jedi rework... But they certainly never said no new Jedi :wink:

No money to be made in reworks and with numerous AWOL Jedi in game, I sense you may get your wish. Opens the door to Meetra and Revan and more...

We shall see, but this makes the most sense if there's sense to be made of HK-47 being log in toon.

May your wish come true! :smile:

Called it! :smiley:

Ebbda the Oracle sees Meetra around October before an New Year Revan release...
  • Options
    Spend 800 in Crystal.’s trying to get six character nodes. They gave me none. RNG is trash. Thank God I don’t spend any money on this game it is not worth it
  • Options
    This game is absolute trash. RNG is absolute garbage