Speculation requirements new legendary and hero/villian journey [MERGE]

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus is kinda connected to Revan. Battle of Malachor (number? 5?) Revan orders the activation of the shadow generator.

Only Meetra and Nihilus survive, both wounds in the Force. Pretty sure Nihilus was Average Joe beforehand. (if I'm wrong about their only being two survivors, I apologize.)

There was a third survivor, but Nihilus immediately Force Drained him so I didn't count him.

Meetra's a lot more connected to DN than Revan, but I thought I'd bring it up

I thought it was Meetra who executed the order, making it less Revan related. I don’t recall Meetra being a wound in the force however. And Meetra is very closely connected to Nihilius and The Triumvirate, she fought to demolish them and she succeeded.
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Two Revan, one light, one dark but you can only pick one. Locking the other out
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I’d be interested in a pick your Revan... dividing the player base between light and dark... might be fun and throw a few curves at the meta.
    Speculation is fun. :)
  • Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile, could be the next legendary character. That make sense because she could smash the triumvirate sith and more guild could do it. Also the characters that were released are from KOTOR 2 but the protagonist is missing. HK-47 appear in KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

I want to see Revan in the game but I think that he would launch until the next year.
  • EAZY_E8
    12 posts Member
    He’s gonna be darkside I think and here’s why; for all but 1 legendary event, the prize (palp, BB8 etc) you need their enemies to unlock them... so the lightside old republic will get us the dark side revan? Orrrr if we’re lucky the Sith get that tag, then revan gets a lead for all “old republic” characters giving us crazy synergy for the next meta line up. I like both
  • How about releasing two revans. One Jedi one sith with different abilities.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    There are other characters, like Ventress, who were both at alternate times, and are not both in-game. The most famous version of Revan is probably the one who was dark with Malak as his apprentice. Since the characters they are introducing to wall Revan off behind vaults of crystals are light side, it seems like Revan will be dark side. For most of the legendary type characters you have to build up a whole team of an opposing faction in order to get them.
  • Nysse
    12 posts Member
    I got an crazy Idea listen. What if they make him both light side and dark side. So he has a double unique in one unique. It would be something like this: When under a dark side lead his dark side unique is activated and other way around under a light side lead. And then they can skip his lead and just have 2 uniques and 2 specials and a basic. (Specials work either way if he’s under a light and dark side lead) That way you could have both Revans.
  • Nysse wrote: »
    I got an crazy Idea listen. What if they make him both light side and dark side. So he has a double unique in one unique. It would be something like this: When under a dark side lead his dark side unique is activated and other way around under a light side lead. And then they can skip his lead and just have 2 uniques and 2 specials and a basic. (Specials work either way if he’s under a light and dark side lead) That way you could have both Revans.

What if someone decides to not run him under a lead at all? What alignment would he be?
  • Unfortunately they'll squander a great opportunity here... My guess is that they'll make the playable Revan LS and make a Darth revan a boss to fight somewhere.
  • Deleted

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Carth Onasi could be 5th...

Should be the fifth.

Both CLS and JTR have their companion character that they require, a Legendary character that comes first.

Given that Carth is the first true party member you meet in the game, and is more tied into the plot than anyone in the party but Bastila, the only way his exclusion from this list of new KotOR characters makes sense is if he's going to be the equivalent of R2 and BB8

My vote for Carth is that I'm pretty sure the Ebon Hawk is coming; it'd be darn waste if it didn't, and I have a hunch the devs are aware that they badly need more ships in the game. You can't really have the Ebon Hawk without Carth (and Bastila as co-pilot).
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    I’d be interested in a pick your Revan... dividing the player base between light and dark... might be fun and throw a few curves at the meta.

So you could only have one or the other? That is most interesting indeed. I'd go Dark Side just cause I prefer Dark Side. The only way a hero can be a hero is for there to be a powerful villain.

That being said, once one side realized they didn't choose the meta the outrage here would break internet faster than a Kardashian posting a pic on twitter.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    That's so Revan!
  • Monel wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »

So you could only have one or the other? That is most interesting indeed. I'd go Dark Side just cause I prefer Dark Side. The only way a hero can be a hero is for there to be a powerful villain.

That being said, once one side realized they didn't choose the meta the outrage here would break internet faster than a Kardashian posting a pic on twitter.

Also because clearly jedis arent wowing people yet. And i mean jedis, not light side. Unless revan has affinity with light or dark side rather than jedi or sith faction, u will probably see most people just adding revan to the trium mix
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I doubt they will take this KOTOR thing far enough to have Revan or Malak, let alone bend the rules that would have to be bent for any kind of Revan to work. Fingers crossed, though.

And please, please don't forget Canderous!
  • I personally don't think it will be a hero's journey, that would require them to put another Revan into the game (E.G for CLS we needed farmboy, for JTR we needed scavenger)
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Let me ask you this. Why does Revan need synergy with Sith? He never led any of them, just Malak. He was tricked into being one (never actually turned).

Revan led JEDI in the war but never led any actual sith. Sure he had his army he built from the starforge but the only Sith he ever led was Malak. I dont think Revan needs to be sith at all.

This REALLY depends on what you count as Sith. Currently, there are six Sith characters (dooku, maul, sidious, vader, emperor palp, and arguably savage) who practice the Rule of Two and count as "Sith" in this game.

**SPOILERS**

The Rule was introduced by Darth Bane, who wiped out the old-school Sith Brotherhood and founded the new Sith way after discovering Dark Lord of the Sith Revan's holocron THREE MILLENNIA after Revan made it. The holocron was crafted during the Jedi civil war - after Revan got woke from that Vitiate control - and WHILE he was VOLUNTARILY creating his own Sith empire (cuz that's what all the cool kids we're doing at the time). In this way, one can argue that Darth Revan is the progenitor of the modern Sith.

Of course, he then had amnesia and blah blah blah redemption, but the original Revan was a Jedi Knight, turned Dark Jedi Revanchist, turned Vitiate's Sith Empire lackey, turned woke-af Sith modernist, turned Jedi Council lackey, turned "retired" dad (cuz he got married and knocked up Bastila), turned Dark Jedi (AGAIN), turned split-in-half-force-ghost/sith-guy-what-the-heck-is-even-happening-anymore, turned corpse. THE END.

I guess my point is that to claim Revan is Jedi is like saying a blizzard from Dairy Queen is vanilla. Sure. You started with that base, but lots of terrible and wonderful things were done to that ice cream to get it where it is today. Dead and gone after being tortured for 300 years. With chunks of Heath bar blended in. You monster.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    You made me hungry for DQ. :)
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    My predictions for Revan requirements
    Legendary event: Meetra Surik
    Marquee: Bastila, Jolee, Vao, T3, Zaalba

Darth Revan requirements
    Legendary event/raid reward: Traya
    Marquee: Darth Malak, Sith Maurader, HK-47, Sith Emperor.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    What about meetra....
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Villain's Journey - Darth Vader (No Suit - EP 3). Need 7* Sidious, 7* General Kenobi, 7* Qui Gon, 7* URoRRuR'R'R, 7* JKA

Tier 1 - Qui Gon vs Darth Maul in desert phase 1, Naboo in 2nd phase - dies, GK v Maul final phase
    Tier 2 - URoRRuR'R'R vs Schmi 1-on-1
    Tier 3 - JKA solo vs 5 phases of Tuskens
    Tier 4 - JKA/GK/event jedi versus droids, Geonosians, magnaguards, and then Dooku/Grievous
    Tier 5 - JKA/Sidious versus Jedi, final phase is Mace, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saeser Tiin
    Tier 6 - JKA vs 5 waves of younglings/Jedi protectors
    Tier 7 - GK vs new Ep3 Vader 1-on-1

Slightly serious, slightly tongue-in-cheek
  • I think they either use specific characters related to the story of Revan (or Surik) OR generic tags like SIth or KOTOR.

I can't see Sidious being a requirement to unlock Mitra Surik.
    But...we are using Ewoks to battle separatists...

There is a lot of blending of KOTOR and KOTORII in here. Some of it could make sense though...Atris and Kreia did have some pull on Revan we learned later on.

I think the dollars and game history tell us they will release these light side KOTOR characters, a 6th could arrive in a more special event (Catrth) and then we use them to unlock the first Revan.
    Down the road we get some DS KOTOR characters and we can sue them for a DS Revan - useful for reballancing the Sith.

The Jedi are clearly on the upswing. We keep hearing that the Seps will come back. Bounter Hunters will get another boost at that point. The Resistance and the FO will get another pump. ANd then they will have to re-boost the Sith (Darth Revan)
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Vanitas wrote: »
    3rjkwxpmiysc.png

Very cool @Vanitas I haven't seen something quite like this yet. Props. :smiley:

Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • jejuzang wrote: »

In all honesty it should just be one Revan, and thats lightside. Under his own free will he is a light side jedi. We only think Darth Revan so much because of the mask that Darth Revan uses.

Remember Revan never fell to the dark side. He was mind dominated(as was Malak). If Revan gets a dark side toon then Bastilla should too because she actually fell to the dark side. And Jolee will be the first grey jedi.

I've emboldened the bit I'm referring to but.. wut? Did a writer completely neuter the complexity of the character with a terrible retcon in a bad EU book?

I played both KOTOR games heavily and I'm aware there's a Revan book that basically demotes Bastilla to "stay at home mum" but I've never read it. I'm also aware there was a Revan thing at some point in SWTOR's existence but never really got on with that game. I can only assume that "Revan hype" was milked for all it was worth and totally invalidated the point of the story in KOTOR along the way.
  • I think Malak will be a legendary.

Then he'll be needed for a journey style event to get Revan.

He'll be like Visas I imagine, no particular affiliation with a faction but technically LS if the LS/DS isn't flexible enough to account for a completely neutral toon. He did reunite both sides of himself in ToR so he maybe would lean either way.

In any case I expect he'll end up having the best leadership ability in the game, given his history.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    EAZY_E8 wrote: »
    He’s gonna be darkside I think and here’s why; for all but 1 legendary event, the prize (palp, BB8 etc) you need their enemies to unlock them... so the lightside old republic will get us the dark side revan? Orrrr if we’re lucky the Sith get that tag, then revan gets a lead for all “old republic” characters giving us crazy synergy for the next meta line up. I like both

this makes the most sense to me
  • Pest_78
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I think what there going to do is darth Revan legendary with sith needed then do a hero journey where you need darth Revan and four old republic toons to unlock Jedi Revan
    Post edited by Pest_78 on
  • If it’s gonna be a legendary and hero’s journey, then here’s my prediction:
    Legendary: Darth Revan (unlocks with 5 ancient sith, a tag to include Sion, nihilus, Traya, assassin, trooper, marauder and any new sith from that era)
    Hero’s journey: main character is Darth Revan, teams up with all the KotOR toons to unlock Jedi revan.