Speculation requirements new legendary and hero/villian journey [MERGE]

124Next

Replies

• Corrog
    308 posts Member
    If it’s gonna be a legendary and hero’s journey, then here’s my prediction:
    Legendary: Darth Revan (unlocks with 5 ancient sith, a tag to include Sion, nihilus, Traya, assassin, trooper, marauder and any new sith from that era)
    Hero’s journey: main character is Darth Revan, teams up with all the KotOR toons to unlock Jedi revan.

I like where your head is at, but I think it's off a bit.

Darth Revan legendary, unlocked with the Old Republic 5 we've been given, possibly with Carth as a sixth option. I see this legendary happening in August, as a part of a renewed effort to #MakeAugustGreatAgain.

Then, sometime later (I'm thinking December), Revan gets a Hero's Journey, requiring Bastila, Carth, T3, Canderous, Mission, and Zaalbar. Canderous would be akin to the vets for Jedi Rey, released sometime in-between the legendary and journey events.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    I see this legendary happening in August, as a part of a renewed effort to #MakeAugustGreatAgain
    One problem: none of these toons will be farmable in August
  • I have no idea how I botched that quote so bad :#
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Still looking like Phoenix 2.0 to me. "Run-go-get-to-da-CHOPPA" was a droid that wasn't legendary. 4 others? Yep, we have a squad. Maybe use HK, maybe not. My guess is HK is the monthly log-in because it's thematically fitting and doesn't detract from the money making of the new characters. They will go straight to farm nodes for a temporary to panic farm then a legendary for an unstated character like (Thrawn) meetra, Revan, Malik. Or just more toons like scoundrels.

...CHOPPAH!!!...

Edit: love the idea of choosing alignment of Revan
  • Speculations: requires a lot of purchased shard packs and gear exclusive to HSTR.
  • benjammin wrote: »
    My money is on Jedi Knight Revan - Legendary Event (not hero's Journey seeing as there's no iteration of him in the game to upgrade right now) - Full Sith party to fight/unlock him.

They'd make his release a bigger deal
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I bet it will be legendary event for Revan with 5 characters with “Old republic” tags. Time? As soon as they are farmable plus 1-2 weeks
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    I bet it will be legendary event for Revan with 5 characters with “Old republic” tags. Time? As soon as they are farmable plus 1-2 weeks

That would be quite the panic farm. Hardnodes take a good amount of time.
    For Thrawn legendary - only Sabine was a hard node.
    For Rey’s hero journey - the hardest toons to aquire were the vets - both in cantina 16 energy nodes.

For Rey’s hero journey - the hardest toons to aquire were the vets - both in cantina 16 energy nodes.

Yeap. Panic farm = money.
    Same situation was with veterans Solo and Chewie. And they were helovafarm... many couldn’t get them even RJT appeared for the second time. So it is quite obvious to me...
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Same situation was with veterans Solo and Chewie. And they were helovafarm... many couldn’t get them even RJT appeared for the second time. So it is quite obvious to me...

I think I’m done with panic farming. Gluck to those who aren’t. I’m farming Bossk but not going crazy with it.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

I think I’m done with panic farming. Gluck to those who aren’t. I’m farming Bossk but not going crazy with it.

I am heartly concur. I whaled veterans to get RJT and that didn’t help me in arena much, and after CG even nerf her in raids. Great.
    I tried to whale Bossk, but got him to 6*.
    But after ships 2.0, and silence on STR I am think I am done with spending

I am heartly concur. I whaled veterans to get RJT and that didn’t help me in arena much, and after CG even nerf her in raids. Great.
    I tried to whale Bossk, but got him to 6*.
    But after ships 2.0, and silence on STR I am think I am done with spending

Same. My spending days are over. Bossk seems like the logical step to a legendary - even though there was a pattern and it should’ve been an fo legendary event- I m just looking to hook up my Thrawn more and get IPD and range - when farmable to gold.

If all these new toons are released to farm and then Revan comes out for a journey/legendary a lot of ppl won’t get him. And I think they are counting on his popularity for people to shell out the cash. Which they might. Many many ppl have said on the forums “KOTOR TOONS! Take my money!”
  • Gingerbreadman123
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Yes, but in order to get people on the hook, it needs to look just about doable to farm in the time frame. if it's an impossible farm you actually get less money as less people will bother doing it.

True whales will whale out on the character on release through packs, or through shipments anyhow, Legendary/Heroes Journey or not. It's the dolphins and smaller spenders you want to entice to devoting their resources and digging into their pockets, and that means a farm that is very tight, but looks achievable with maybe a pack or two, a lot of energy refreshes and maybe some shipment spending.

Also look for any upcoming Legendary to make HSith easier. Not multi-phase, but 10%-20% in P2 wouldn't surprise me.
  • Yoda's quote: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Yoda's swgoh version of the quote: Panic farming is the path to the dark side. Panic farming leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Lol. Am I right? :lol:;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Am I the only one looking for "Jedi Knight Luke"?
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Am I the only one looking for "Jedi Knight Luke"?

@VaexquaGer Ya mean ROTJ Luke? Nah. You're not alone on that... I'm the only other guy who is. lol jk ;)
    But being real, yeah... I'd love to see ROTJ Luke ingame. That'd be pretty awesome! :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

Nope - I do not care for Revan. #makejedigreat #JediLuke #MakeItHappenCG

I want Luke!

I want Luke!

I’m thinking Luke will be heroes journey. And I’m guessing - hy cap han and rolo. Maybe the others that are needed for lstb. Like both bros. But it seems that it’s been out for way too long and I can’t see any money being made on it at this point.

Maybe HY and Wampa? All bad speculation on my part.
  • We all know Revan is the next legendary and Jedi Luke is the next hero journey. It's just taking them far too long to release these. Many are losing interest...especially with the terrible STR being the focal point of this game right now.
  • Jedi Luke is long overdue. The game is coming up on its three year anniversary. I would think that would bring us something significant and game changing. The Triumvirate meta will realistically be about six months old at that point - more than long enough to have realized the benefits from any expense people incurred trying to build it. This amount of time is also long enough for the lack of variety at the top of arena (quickly becoming a Traya-fest) to be more than tiresome (think CLS circa November of 2017).

Jedi Luke with a Hoda symmetry to defeat the Triumvirate would make sense both thematically and for the health of the game. Any number of kit elements could provide the appropriate counters to the Triumvirate.

Following the pattern from prior releases, we would need a legendary for his journey (Jawas for C3PO perhaps?), his former version of himself (CLS), and his compatriots (ROLO, CHOLO, Hermit Yoda). Territory Battles will have been well over a year old at that point and if you were an elder player when they rolled out, you have very few excuses for not having those toons seven starred.

I think fans of the Old Republic should feel pretty happy at this point given that they've gotten an entire raid and several new characters within the past five months. Let us not forget that the Skywalker Saga brought us all this far. Let's finish its representation in the game.

• Jedi Luke is long overdue. The game is coming up on its three year anniversary. I would think that would bring us something significant and game changing. The Triumvirate meta will realistically be about six months old at that point - more than long enough to have realized the benefits from any expense people incurred trying to build it. This amount of time is also long enough for the lack of variety at the top of arena (quickly becoming a Traya-fest) to be more than tiresome (think CLS circa November of 2017).

Jedi Luke with a Hoda symmetry to defeat the Triumvirate would make sense both thematically and for the health of the game. Any number of kit elements could provide the appropriate counters to the Triumvirate.

Following the pattern from prior releases, we would need a legendary for his journey (Jawas for C3PO perhaps?), his former version of himself (CLS), and his compatriots (ROLO, CHOLO, Hermit Yoda). Territory Battles will have been well over a year old at that point and if you were an elder player when they rolled out, you have very few excuses for not having those toons seven starred.

I think fans of the Old Republic should feel pretty happy at this point given that they've gotten an entire raid and several new characters within the past five months. Let us not forget that the Skywalker Saga brought us all this far. Let's finish its representation in the game.

Jedi Luke will come...but I don't think we are there yet. Yes all of the elder players have ROLO and Captain Solo and we don't have an excuse not to have the Hermit either but for 2 reasons we won't get Luke for awhile.
    They don't want to alienate recent players - so they will drop some heavy hints first and maybe even advertise a bonus LS TB. Secondly...they game is still doing quite well and Jedi Luke will be one of the last BIG things this game does - I will still be playing long afterwards but for a lot of people there will be now where to go but down after that. Holding him in reserve allows them to go wherever they want for awhile, just keep putting a Jedi Luke in the loading screen...
    So...we will have one or two Revans before jedi Luke. We will have Jango and Canderous and Aurra Sing. We will have C3PO. We will have the jedi Exile. We will have new clones and Jedi. We ill have new capital ships. We will have Episode 9 characters. We will have new TW and TB maps. And then we will get Luke.