Speculation requirements new legendary and hero/villian journey [MERGE]

Replies

• Darth Bane steals a Delorian and kills Malak, Sith war is avoided and Sith rule for 4,000 years.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Why not- when implementing revan - do something new and let people decide once they 7* him - to either get the light or the dark side version of him. Either choice will unlock a special unique ability.
    Similar to zombie- whereas it was more a punishment (looking at the hstr and capable damage of sisters in p4) when you geared him/her/it - this would have to be an equally powerful option just with different synergies.
  • NDSnyder
    174 posts Member
    Vanitas wrote: »
    I was thinking about a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey:
    3rjkwxpmiysc.png

I think if there will be a Revan based hero/villian journey, it will require T3 (Legendary character) and four others.

Who do you guys think that would be required IF there would be a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey?

EDIT:

The reason T3 is a legendary character is because of the following:

R2-D2 was required as a legendary for Luke's hero Journey.
    BB-8 was required as a legendary for Rey's hero Journey

The only flaw with your concept is that a Hero’s journey also requires a hero, like Farmboy Luke or scavenger Rey.

My bet is more on a legendary event for Revan...
  • NDSnyder wrote: »
    Vanitas wrote: »
    I was thinking about a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey:
    3rjkwxpmiysc.png

I think if there will be a Revan based hero/villian journey, it will require T3 (Legendary character) and four others.

Who do you guys think that would be required IF there would be a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey?

EDIT:

The reason T3 is a legendary character is because of the following:

R2-D2 was required as a legendary for Luke's hero Journey.
    BB-8 was required as a legendary for Rey's hero Journey

The only flaw with your concept is that a Hero’s journey also requires a hero, like Farmboy Luke or scavenger Rey.

My bet is more on a legendary event for Revan...

The thing is that farmboy and scavenger had been in the game since the beginning. Releasing these KOtOR characters but not Revan points in the direction of doing a heroes journey event (regardless of whether or not Revan is in game already), or using these characters in a talzin/wicket style event (which I think is most likely)

I don’t think they would be giving us these characters if they were gonna release Revan in a legendary. Legendary events just require 5 randos from a specific faction, not five specific characters
  • Rahul
    7 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    We have visas who is a light side sith.. Why can't revan be a dark side Jedi? (he isn't technically a sith)

Visas does not fall under the soth tag mate...
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    The thing is that farmboy and scavenger had been in the game since the beginning. Releasing these KOtOR characters but not Revan points in the direction of doing a heroes journey event (regardless of whether or not Revan is in game already), or using these characters in a talzin/wicket style event (which I think is most likely)

I don’t think they would be giving us these characters if they were gonna release Revan in a legendary. Legendary events just require 5 randos from a specific faction, not five specific characters
    I don't think it will be a Talzin/Wicket style event. Pretty sure they said they wouldn't do those anymore after people didn't like the first two due to how ridiculously long it would take to 7* them from those alone.

And a legendary event with more specific characters is still possible - we'd just need to get a new tag specifically for KotOR characters. Like they did with Thrawn and needing specifically Phoenix instead of the larger Rebel faction. If the new characters come an "Old Republic" or "Ancient Republic" tag or something to that effect, that might be where this is going.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Maybe you could do both, without having people need to get both...

There are two Legendary events, but you can only pick one. Same premise as the game it's based on - you choose which side you want to be, light or dark.
  • cboath7 wrote: »

There are two Legendary events, but you can only pick one. Same premise as the game it's based on - you choose which side you want to be, light or dark.

This! One of the best aspects of the KOTOR series was that it gave you the choice of following the Light or embracing the Dark...there should be two simultaneous legendary events and WE should be allowed to choose which path we want to follow based on our individual lineups and personal ideology.

The end result would be the same Revan regardless of which path you choose but his synergy will be with the Jedi or Sith based on your choices
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    I think they are specifically releasing padwan bastila to later have a hero journey for her. As others have stated hero journeys have included a previous version of the character.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I think they are specifically releasing padwan bastila to later have a hero journey for her. As others have stated hero journeys have included a previous version of the character.

Weird because we never see a padawan bastilla, so no one knows what her abilities are.

More likely that CG doesnt know anything about these toons and needs to do their research. Already posted the wrong droid and Jolee with the wrong color lightsaber
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    jejuzang wrote: »

Weird because we never see a padawan bastilla, so no one knows what her abilities are.

More likely that CG doesnt know anything about these toons and needs to do their research. Already posted the wrong droid and Jolee with the wrong color lightsaber

Not everything is from a previous video game. I have never played the kotor games but recognize many of the characters from books.
    I haven't read all the comics but she could have been in those.
    But like I said could be a specific reason they are making a padwan version.
  • My (probably wishful thinking) prediction:
    5 announced characters will all be marquee.
    Legendary event: Darth revan, requiring 5 sith
    Hero’s Journey: require the above 6 to unlock Jedi revan (I.e. showing his journey from the dark side back to the light, and the companions that helped him along the way).
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

Not everything is from a previous video game. I have never played the kotor games but recognize many of the characters from books.

What books have these characters?? I'm curious...

She wasnt in the comics. There is a KOTOR comic but i dont recall her being in it. There was a completely different protaganist there.

I *did* play the video games (which i highly reccommend) and there is no reason to make her a padawan. At that point they are making a new character. CG and devs just need to do their research before they make anymore reckless announcements
  • Bastila comes in 2 flavors. Revan’s love as a Jedi or the corrupted Malak Apprentice. Otherwise she is a force Ghost.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    If memory serves me correctly, she was introduced and billed in the game as a Jedi Padawan and was a Padawan for the most part of the game and I think she remained a Jedi Padawan till the end of the game's final battle

Regardless, I wouldn't think much about her status in the jedi council as far as this game is concerned

EDIT: Looked up and she was a Jedi Knight from the start, my bad. But yeah, her rank seems irrelevant imo
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    If memory serves me correctly, she was introduced and billed in the game as a Jedi Padawan and was a Padawan for the most part of the game and I think she remained a Jedi Padawan till the end of the game's final battle

Regardless, I wouldn't think much about her status in the jedi council as far as this game is concerned

EDIT: Looked up and she was a Jedi Knight from the start, my bad. But yeah, her rank seems irrelevant imo

I think you are right, sure the 4/5 jedi on Dantooine (Vrook et al) refer to her as padawan Bastilla
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

Point is that if they are unable to get the simple name/rank right, or post the right picture of a character they plan to release, its highly doubted that they will get anything else (character, kit, faction) correct.
  • OpticGK_Alex
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ALsoccer19 wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

This! One of the best aspects of the KOTOR series was that it gave you the choice of following the Light or embracing the Dark...there should be two simultaneous legendary events and WE should be allowed to choose which path we want to follow based on our individual lineups and personal ideology.

The end result would be the same Revan regardless of which path you choose but his synergy will be with the Jedi or Sith based on your choices

Then the Jedi will need to be heavily reworked before this in order to compete with traya and sith meta in order for people to actually pick the light side revan.

EDIT: Also, wasn't Bastila Shan a Jedi Grandmaster at one point?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018

Point is that if they are unable to get the simple name/rank right, or post the right picture of a character they plan to release, its highly doubted that they will get anything else (character, kit, faction) correct.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/50341250

The game refers her to as Padawan in-game so yeah, my memory wasn't faulty. The game version of Bastilla is a padawan and looking at her in-game image model, she also has the hair braids of a padawan

The droid image was a mistake and it was corrected. Mistakes happen.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/50341250

The game refers her to as Padawan in-game so yeah, my memory wasn't faulty. The game version of Bastilla is a padawan and looking at her in-game image model, she also has the hair braids of a padawan

The droid image was a mistake and it was corrected. Mistakes happen.

Mistakes happen when you dont get someone to proofread your stuff. Or when you dont know what youre releasing/copying and pasting.

You link doesnt confirm anything. Council wouldn't send a padawan on a mission against Revan and Malak without her master. It believed that she was a Knight at this time and was an aspiring master. She mentions the starforge as her test for the rank of master. Even though it may say something different in game its belived that it was an oversight. But again anyone thats played the game gets all of this and doesnt need it explained.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Arcaver wrote: »
    If it's a hero's journey, I'm done with this **** game then. It would be like giving us a light sided Vader cause he turned back to the light at the end. Like every other Sith Lord, he was a Jedi, but turned to the Dark Side and had his memory wiped and forced back to being neutral. He's freaking DARTH Revan, not Jedi Revan.

Still aggravated the made Visas a light side character when she was teamed up with Nihilus until your character came across her.

No. Just no.

You seem to know nothing about Revan and TOR.
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ALsoccer19 wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

Then the Jedi will need to be heavily reworked before this in order to compete with traya and sith meta in order for people to actually pick the light side revan.

EDIT: Also, wasn't Bastila Shan a Jedi Grandmaster at one point?

No That is Satele Shan. She was in the cinematic from TOR. She is a decendant from Bastila.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member

She wasnt in the comics. There is a KOTOR comic but i dont recall her being in it. There was a completely different protaganist there.

I *did* play the video games (which i highly reccommend) and there is no reason to make her a padawan. At that point they are making a new character. CG and devs just need to do their research before they make anymore reckless announcements

The main one I can think of is the old republic: revan. This is after he is "saved" married and has a kid. I thought there was a few others but memory fails me right now
  • CoolpantsMcghee
    74 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ishaeni wrote: »
    Marquees: Bastilla, Jolee, Vao, T3, Zaalbar, Malak, Canderous, The Exile (Meetra Surik)
    Legendary: Darth Revan
    Legendary or more: Revan
    Possible, but less likely: Commander/Jedi Revan (Mandalorian war), Ebon Hawk, Endar Spire, Mandalore the Ultimate, Carth, Juhani, Mical, Atton Rand, Brianna

I'm a huge fan of TOR, so I like the sound of every character you said haha.
    I want even more though, I want Satele, Darth Malgus, and so much more. I saw they specified that Bastila was going to be a Padawan so I want another version of her as a Master.

I really need some Canderous Ordo. I want a full Mandolorian team one day.

Revan could also have a few iterations which I'm on board with having a light and dark side version.

I'm one of those people who wants a lot of variety coming my way.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited July 2018

The main one I can think of is the old republic: revan. This is after he is "saved" married and has a kid. I thought there was a few others but memory fails me right now

@scuba delete that book from your memory. It is the biggest tease in the history if starwars. The way they treated Revan is beyond bad.

EDIT: Books ending is as follows. Revan T3 and Meetra face off against the emperor along with the help a a legitamate sith, Lord Scourge. While charging the emperor Lord Scourge betrays them and gets meetra killed and revan captured.

Bastilla was barely in this book. It just showed her watching Revan leave.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

@scuba delete that book from your memory. It is the biggest tease in the history if starwars. The way they treated Revan is beyond bad.

EDIT: Books ending is as follows. Revan T3 and Meetra face off against the emperor along with the help a a legitamate sith, Lord Scourge. While charging the emperor Lord Scourge betrays them and gets meetra killed and revan captured.

At least it was a nice read, I was a Scourge fan for a while.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member

scuba delete that book from your memory. It is the biggest tease in the history if starwars. The way they treated Revan is beyond bad.

Never! I have read all the books (well most) and will never delete any from memory.
  • KOTOR 2 SPOILERS

Wouldn't it be cool if they introduced the characters from KOTOR 2 (atton rand, bao dur ect) and they had an upgrade mechanic like L3 where they upgrade into the Jedi version of themselves?
    Also their leader determines whether they become the light or dark dark version
    @CG_SBCrumb you can relay this idea to the dev team for free
  • It would be cool if they just make Darth Revan and Jedi Knight Revan.

Bastilla surprised me. Didn't thing we would ever get her after GMY stole her signature power.

These are basicly bridge charachters to the next movie I think.
    iN Spectre
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Darth Nihilus is kinda connected to Revan. Battle of Malachor (number? 5?) Revan orders the activation of the shadow generator.

Only Meetra and Nihilus survive, both wounds in the Force. Pretty sure Nihilus was Average Joe beforehand. (if I'm wrong about their only being two survivors, I apologize.)

There was a third survivor, but Nihilus immediately Force Drained him so I didn't count him.

Meetra's a lot more connected to DN than Revan, but I thought I'd bring it up