Artist of War: Help with Phoenix squad mods, especially speed

Replies

• Options
    Thanks LenoraLupin. I was able to get Zeb's potency up to 59.92%, but it was at the cost of speed (126 now).
    I've done several runs at Tier VII and you can tell how underleveled my Phoenix characters are in the last battle (at most, I was able to knock out one trooper), e.g., Kanan was taken out with Thrawn's first fracture in at least one try. Aside from the incremental increases in stats when another gear piece is added, does jumping a gear level from Gear VIII to Gear IX add more to the health or protection bars? As soon as I hit level 74, I can get Ezra to Gear IX; I may be able to do the same for Hera; and I should be able to get Chopper to Gear IX.

I honestly don't know how much gets added when gearing up. But adding more gear is always a good thing to help survive when under leveled because of the lack of omegas.

Seems going from gearing from 8 to 9 adds about 3-4K protection. The extra stats cycle too fast for me to read though. So it's as significant as 7-8 at least.

In all my attempts the AI seems to go after the weakest toon first, who in my case is Zeb. Who is languishing in G8 town. he's about 100 stun guns and 46 MK v furnaces away from IX so that will be impossible to acquire before events end. No CG, you do not get any money.

I had Thrawn down to a pixel of health last night but he shot first and murdered Hera before the coup de grace could be applied. Not gotten that close since.

I'd say G9 would be the minimum unless your tolerance for RNG is higher than mine. G10 optimal, and G11+ easy mode. That's only if like me you're stuck in the early 80s with very few omegas.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @LenoraLupin. I noticed last night that a player on my shard (llya, level 74) was sporting a 7* Thrawn. I could not find the player on swgoh.gg, but I presume most of Phoenix would have been Gear IX.

It'll be hard at not level 85. I did it with this squad:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/random9/squads/107363/
    I put my arena mods on them. I used protection primary arrow, cross, triangle, and circle mods on Kanan to tank him out. Crit chance on ezra, health/protection on zeb, speed on chopper and hera. I used backup plan on Ezra. Took out deathtroopers first after dispelling taunt, then stormtrooper, then stormtrooper commanders, then Thrawn. It took me three hours to finally get the good RNG to complete it.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Protection, at a glance.

Kanan
    G7 - 3,560
    G8 - 8,900
    G9 - 14,240
    G10 - 19,580

All values are before mods and their +% and +protection values. Just goes to show what a full gear level will do!

As a comparison, Ezra only has 15,910@ G10.
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    @MightyRevan3994
    Can you private message him since you are in his shard?
    Keep plugging away! You got some time left!
  • Options
    @Jml727, do you know how you private message someone in the same shard? Other than trying to find him again on the shard, play him in arena, and then send an ally request, I'm not sure how to contact someone.
  • Options
    How frustrating @Hellsteeth30. Sorry about that. I have Chopper and Ezra at Gear IX, which has made a difference, but I still haven't been able to get a solid foothold on the last battle. Having raid gear hit right and/or donations from my guild and using hard-saved crystals to purchase Mk 5 droid call salvage is the only way I can get the last gear piece to move Hera to Gear IX. Unfortunately, Kanan and Zeb will be stuck at Gear VIII.
  • Options
    Thanks for the breakdown @Vendi1983.
  • Options
    How big a difference do you think a Gear IX Hera would be? I have Gear IX/+1 Ezra and Chopper, GVIII/+1 Zeb and Kanan, and a Gear VIII Hera that is one slot away from Gear IX. I'm assuming that I may not get the requisite gear to fill the sixth slot for her from a raid. That would leave me with having to come up with 1120 crystals for 40 of the Mk 5 Droid Caller Salvage pieces. Is it worth it to do that or too much of a long shot with Level 74 characters and better to use the crystals for other purposes (i'll get grinding until the end of the event either way)?
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm sorry I have no idea!
    It’s up to you how you want to grind...and how strict you are to ftp. I use my crystals on refreshes but you might think it more easy to just buy the gear. Also it is how badly do you want any thrawn?! You can do all of this and then just deplete all your resources or you can accept you’ve done everything you could, you’ll battle RNG until you either get him or not and if not you’ll just gear up Phoenix until next thrawn which will probably be October.
  • Options
    Final battle, take out death troopers first, then stormies, then Thrawn.
  • Options
    Thanks @UnstopableSteve. I'll try that approach.
  • Options
    Thanks @Jml727. I'm F2P. I started about 2 months ago so I unfortunately was not able to get my level up higher. Aside from a more powerful Thrawn, it's nice to have one more character up to 7* for The Daring Droid. Unless something changes, and I'll keep grinding, I'm thinking I'll hold on to the crystals for the energy refreshes.
  • Options
    @Jml727, I located the player on the top 50 of the shard, but it won't let me private message the player. The strange thing is that the Phoenix squad is only level 61 and just barely gear VII (and no mods on any of them; and it does not appear as if there are amazing mods on the other characters). That seems like a huge stretch even for amazing RNG.
  • Options
    I suspect there maybe something iffy going on there.

G7 is next to no protection and considering how much damage just fracture does before all Thrawn's pals get involved....oh and no mods? Definitely needs a look. Possibly not a legit account either if you can't message him.

Good RNG or not you are going to get toons badly hurt even with a much better team.
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Yea there are some that take advantage...if you feel that player is “bending” the rules you should report him and let the devs just take a glimpse in his playing.
    For the chat... if you go into the chat and start a new one, you can pick players there to add.

Have you used your cantina energy on farming mods the past couple days? Maybe you’ll get a winner that makes the difference...
    Pulling for you!
  • Options
    I got him. 7* Thrawn is now mine.

Only made two upgrades, a little piece of gear on Kanan and Zebs unique omega'd.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    It's impossible to get a 7* Thrawn with level 61 and only G7. They would all be one-hit by both Thrawn and the Death Troopers. That's extremely fishy.
  • Options
    Congrats @Hellsteeth30. That's great news re *7 Thrawn. I was able to take out the death troopers, but Thrawn landing the first fracture on Zeb did me in. @Jml727, yes I've been farming a lot of mods through the Tier III Health Mod Challenge (I don't have strong enough characters in the other areas to farm for the 5-dot mods in the other challenges), but there have only been one or two that would help. Right now I have a 23.5% protection primary, 2.05 tenacity, 10 speed, 1.31% potency, and 1.29% CC secondary on Ezra. Is it worth swapping that out for 5.88% offense, 4 speed, 2.04% health, 1127 health, and 2.49% potency cross to boost his offense and health (at the expense of his protection)? If did switch those two mods, I'm curious if I should use Ezra's protection cross for Chopper (Chopper currently has a 23.5% protection, 3.34% CC, 581 health, 739 protection, 1.1% health cross). I guess it comes down to preference of speed (using Chopper's dispel) vs. protection/health (Chopper withstanding a lot of damage), right?
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    When he hit zeb with fracture did you use kanans taunt or choppers taunt and try and draw fire off of zeb? You have to taunt at the right times but spread out enough they can regain protection and health. Are you auto it or manually attacking? I suggest manual the last round so you can pick those attacks. @MightyRevan3994
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My most successful attempts and consequently the winning run was when Thrawn fractured Kanan out the gate, the AI appears to go at the weakest toon. After that, it was take taunt off the Stormtrooper then cleanse the Deathtroopers of Deadeye then they decided it was a good idea to kill the storm trooper with grenades (counter attack).

Killed the silly sausages, then it was the commanders (still had 4 guys left, chopper got made to take a fracture with low health).

Thrawn then murdered Zeb before I could stun Thrawn but everybody else was in good health with backup plan on Kanan. After that it was a race to the finish with the man himself. Lost Kanan along the way and ended up with the winning combo of Hera and Ezra.

I'd say you want those two alive at least by the end as they bounce off each other very well. Mine are G10 which helped.

Zeb's unique just gave everybody that little extra survivability I think. All level 80 BTW.

Oh and try and keep Thrawn busy with cleansing if possible. He prefers to cleanse over fracturing if it's needed.

Don't think I'll try the mythic however. I'll try it next time.
  • Options
    Thanks @Hellsteeth30. I'll try that approach. @Jml727, I believe that Zeb got knocked out by Thrawn's minions after the fracture before I could put backup plan on him.
  • Options
    @Jml727, I've been manually attacking the last couple of rounds.
  • Options
    Still plugging away. I geared up Hera to IX and added the health gear to Kanan that @LenoraLupin mentioned. After several battles, I finally made some inroads with Zeb, Hera, and Ezra vs. Thrawn the the ST and then Hera and Ezra vs. Thrawn (but did not have enough firepower to take him down).
  • Options
    Any suggestions for my team for tier vii?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/heartcore/collection/?f=phoenix
    Tried many different types of mods and stuff but it still doesn’t seam good enough :/
  • Options
    heartcore wrote: »
    Tried many different types of mods and stuff but it still doesn’t seam good enough :/

You need more omegas.

Given you're G8 mostly, probably stack protection mods on everybody.

5 dot mods minimum while you're at it in fact. I see a lot of 1 and 2 dot mods still.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I just got Thrawn 7* today.

Hera = Lvl 80, all 8 except Play to Strengths, G9, Speed 160, 4 Mods with 5-dots, 1 Mod with 4-dots, H/P: 16.0K/17.9K

Ezra = Lvl 80, all 8 except Flourish, G9, Speed 172, 5 Mods with 5-dots, 1 Mod with 4-dots, H/P: 14.5K/19.2K

Chopper = Lvl 80, all 8 except Maintenance Protocols, G9, Speed 182, 5 Mods with 5-dots, 1 Mod with 4-dots, H/P: 15.4K/16.7K

Zeb = Lvl 80, all 8 except Staggering Sweep, G9, Speed 167, 3 Mods with 5-dots, 2 Mods with 4-dots,H/P: 19.4K/19.8K

Kanan = Lvl 78, all 8 except Total Defense & Clear Mind, G9, Speed 135, 5 Mods with 5-dots, 1 Mod with 4-dots, H/P: 23.8K/23.0K

Like other posts I have read, kill order: 2 Death Troopers, Stormtrooper, 2 Commanders, then auto'd on Thrawn for last because all 5 were alive.

I auto'd 2.5 waves. Halfway through the 3rd wave, I manually played only using basics. Need to save those specials for final wave.

I also had to use Hera's Backup Plan on Kanan twice. Chopper taunted twice to take the heat off the others when Kanan couldn't taunt. So Kanan did die twice officially, and was brought back twice. Stunning Death Troopers with Zeb did also helped.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options

You need more omegas.

5 dot mods minimum while you're at it in fact. I see a lot of 1 and 2 dot mods still.

Thanks!
    Will do my best when the event comes again, did not have luck (and enough omegas) this time :/
  • Options

You need more omegas.

Thanks!
    Will do my best when the event comes again, did not have luck (and enough omegas) this time :/

You'll be glad you did. Though you might want to source a lot of carbantis. Thrawn loves those things.
  • Options
    Thanks again for everyone's help on the last go-around. I could see a big difference between last time (level 74, G9 Ezra, Hera, and Chopper and G8 Kanan and Zeb; the closest I came was Hera and Ezra vs. Thrawn) and this time. My first run today resulted in bad RNG with Zeb getting knocked out by Thrawn, but I was able to 3* the second run with the following (all level 80) with Zeb delivering the finishing blow:

Ezra, Gear X, Level 7 abilities, omegas on basic and unique, 212 speed, all 5-dot, level 15-health mods
    Hera, Gear IX, Level 7 abilities, omega on leadership, 176 speed, all 5-dot, level-15 mods
    Kanan, Gear IX, Level 7 abilities, omega on unique, 145 speed, all 5-dot, level-15 mods (4 health, 2 defense)
    Chopper, Gear IX, Level 7 abilities, 200 speed, all 5-dot, level-15 health mods
    Zeb, Gear VIII, Level 7 abilities, omega on unique, 176 speed, 61.95% potency, all 5-dot, level-15 mods (4 health, 2 potency)