Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• Options
    This will be a very interesting day indeed.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options

Likely a disappointing day. But we shall see.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    lol
  • Options
    It's probably a good day to call in sick if you work somewhere in Sacramento.

Actually, I really hope the team over there are doing ok and that they get this. This isn't personal, we love the game.

Just stop ignoring our feedback on the sith raid.
    Stop messing with things that take a massive investment of either our time or money that aren't broken. And then stop breaking them with untested code. Apologise. Rethink. And make a significant makegood thats actually signficant.

• Options
    Kozispoon said in the past a low geared zombie was a form of strategy. Now that everyone is finally getting zombie to 7*, a low geared zombie, NS is getting nerfed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/153504/fix-the-nightsister-zombie-gear-exploit#latest

Things like those is gonna backfire on you developers. You can’t keep making changes after people spend money/time and resources on a faction. NS wasn’t a problem until someone figured out the damage loop with Traya. So why not just fix Traya and leave sisters alone?
  • Daemoe
    40 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't funny anymore guys. Community is getting tired of all of this.
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Also, please dont touch my account by removing the daka zeta i put on. I am not authorizing you to do this.

I can only imagine how many zetas you will accidentally remove then take weeks to put back. This goes against your own policy about being about to adjust accounts (which i have heard countless times).

For once, come up with a simpler solution, since almost nothing you guys do the first time EVER works right.

• Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Kenbo wrote: »
    Dreading the release of mods 2.0 XD
    Right now I'm not wondering if it will break the game, I just wonder to what extent the game will be broken... Confidence level is so low at the moment :-/

It absolutely will. They haven’t released one update without something going wrong. For two years.

• Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    So if this affects Daka's Zeta, doesn't it also affect Ventress' zetas?
    I’d like to know the answer to this as well.

It shouldn’t because Asajj’s counts every “death”; Daka’s is only “revives”. I believe that’s the case, anyway.

• Options
    It’s amazing to see how fast they can nerf something when it doesn’t follow their plan, but takes forever to correct something when there are pages upon pages upon pages of requests to do so.
  • Options
    I'm putting this here for visibility. all the talk focused on anger, but the bonds of weakness issue is NOT settled yet. I've had shard mates and guild mates talking about other healing bugs like First Order Executioner and Raid Han due to change to Bonds of Weakness but haven't seen a report on it yet.

NS relevant bug thread-
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NS-heals-in-phase-3-4-of-of-STR-not-healing-up-to-90-or-at-all-w/m-p/6938446#M16126

There are only 55 me too's here and this was flagged as Solved. The 'accepted solution' is just a link back to this forum that CGTopHat acknowledged they broke the mechanic, not that there is an actual fix so I am not sure this qualifies as a solution.

Please take the 30 seconds to go to EA Help and build on the bug report or write a new one if you are having the same issue. I don't have video proof otherwise I'd have posted it already.
  • Options
    not bad!

mega thread, until now 406 replies. not one single word from a dev.

not bad!
  • Options
    I have been invested in Nightsisters for more than one year and now they came and put my game in the trash. I’m very upset!
  • Options
    I seriously did not want to be a part of the storm... But it is Monday. And still not even a little response.
    I am gonna quote myself here...
    EA-Style. Nothing else to say. Just the worst kind of style.
  • Options
    Your “update” to Daka and Nightsister Zombie is bunk and your “fix” to the problem of refunding Daka’s zeta doesn’t even come close to compensating the player base for playing the characters the way you built them. For those of us who read the Nightsister’s ability descriptions and correctly figured out that a weak zombie would result in an optimized NS squad, your suggestion that it is against the game philosophy to win by not gearing up a character rings hollow. Just be honest and say that it results in fewer crystals being used to buy gear which affects your bottom line. That is all that this is about. You’ve known about the “problem” since the day you released Nightsisters and the “paper zombie” squads were at the top of the leader boards and couldn’t be moved.

Not surprisingly, whatever you do to make zombie tankier (i.e., require us to gear him up) will nerf Daka’s zeta. But it also nerfs the entire Nightsister teams that we have spent our time, crystals, gear, mods, and zeta’s on to optimize. Let's review: Asajj get +75% TM gain chance, +5 % offense, +5% crit chance and 5% max health (stacking) whenever someone dies. That cost me a zeta. Mother Talzin gets 35% turn meter whenever any unit falls below half health. That cost me a zeta too. Zombie--in her current iteration--is revived at 100% health and 25% tm and taunts whenever she goes. It really isn't hard to see how these interact and why refunding only Daka's zeta doesn't begin to appropriately compensate us for what you are planning.

Obviously you can’t refund our time. But many people, including myself, have spent a lot of crystals, gear, and zetas to make a solid NS team Territory Wars and other game modes. Had we known it was all going to get the nerf hammer, it would have been a better investment to gear and zeta other teams. But we aren’t going to get back all of the ancillary investments we made because that would also affect your bottom line.

And then we get to g12.5 gear. Mother Talzin and Daka were prime candidates for g12.5 gear so that they would be faster than whatever was thrown their way. Those gear aren't purchasable (yet!) and now you have made those investments worthless.

It would be great if @CG_Carrie could make good on her promise to have open communications with the community, address these issues, and actually figure out a real fix and not implement whatever you want to call this debacle (August 2.0 maybe?)
  • Options
    This will ruin most of player feeling.
    50 is ok, it's good number but ......what's the fu...king 20 stacks.
    This idea is one of the most stup...d thing that happen in this game.
    Me and my guildmates invest lot of gear and zeta for these ns team.
    You make it worthless.
    This should not be fun anymore.
  • Options
    instead of nerfing Daka why don't you just make nightsisters immune to health steal buffs from other factions. This keeps the night sisters viable and would hopefully solve your issue for the future as well.
    Second since the zombie has been like this for so long why don't you just reset her for everyone back to gear level one and put the gear back in their inventory. Then everyone can gear her to where they want.
  • Options
    It seems like a rushed fix that wasn't well thought out and now it introduced a bug. Half the time it takes forever to get a response or a fix, but as soon as someone finds something that actually makes the Hsith easy or a benefit for actually getting traya to 7* they jump on that right away.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Options
    Fix Traya not NS. Fix your boring raid not NS. Fix your bugged Friday night hotfixes... not NS.

This game has become a disgusting manipulation of the toons we've invested time and money in. CG's getting real close to that final straw now. Why is CG so fixated on this **** raid? It's been boring since day 1 and they just keep making it worse.

I really don't care - if CG messes with Daka and her Zeta - then I want the same Daka Zeta give-back on all 5 NS Zeta's - and their g12 gear back as well.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Insert comment about how much STR is the worst gaming experience I've ever had.

They keep making decisions like this, it starts to make you wonder what kind of people they are...
  • Options
    Me2
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Delete

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_TopHat this should be priority number one for you today. Like the only thing on the agenda for today. I know you guys probably got into the office but this is something that is going to ruin the game if not taken care of the right way.
    The Daka refund is a start, but it’s nowhere near enough. You guys need to keep the zeta on Daka, and refund that zeta and it’s required materials. You guys also need to do the same for Asajj Zetas as well and if you insist on this zombie nerf as well, then also give back Mama T’s unique as well. That isn’t even enough either. You guys have a lot of damage control to do.
    The fact that game changers are quitting their positions and even thinking about quitting the game overall should be a gigantic red flag.
  • Options
    The recent changes disproportionately harm mid-tier guilds who have been working very hard to build their rosters toward completing this raid, only to have a key strategy--one that top guilds have been using for months to farm their Traya shards--pulled right out from underneath them. My guild was scheduled to run our first heroic attempt on Sunday, and we had done a ton of prep work. The changes completely deflated us, and especially angered the officers who had been working so hard to craft a plan for us to make a run at this raid. Very, very bad form.

If you had made thie bonds of weakness change months ago, like when you made changes to address the STHan issue, it honestly wouldn't be that big of a deal. But now, guilds like mine have to deal with hundreds of Trayas running around in our arenas, and we have to wait even longer to be able to build our rosters to the place where we can earn her for ourselves.

For some of us, the guild community we are in is the main reason we keep playing, and a change like this threatens the cohesiveness of our guild (as some of our top-level players are considering leaving in frustration so they can join a Traya-farming guild). Not a very good player retention strategy.
  • Options
    Pretty sure at this point anything other than reverting this change completely is going to get bashed hard.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    NS relevant bug thread-
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NS-heals-in-phase-3-4-of-of-STR-not-healing-up-to-90-or-at-all-w/m-p/6938446#M16126

There are only 55 me too's here and this was flagged as Solved. The 'accepted solution' is just a link back to this forum that CGTopHat acknowledged they broke the mechanic, not that there is an actual fix so I am not sure this qualifies as a solution.

This is a common misconception with those forums. The Bug Reports are "solved" when a bug is identified. That forum is not for fixing bugs. Once it's been flagged in the Developer's system as a bug, the EA employees who watch that forum have completed their job, and it is "solved" so they know they don't need to flag it again.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Pretty sure at this point anything other than reverting this change completely is going to get bashed hard.

Pretty much. They jumped the gun and didn’t think about the overall effects or even considered how this could be bugged and those effects. It’ll get rectified in their image but if they want to instill and sort of damage control they’ll do much more than just revert and move on.
This discussion has been closed.