Can we talk about new toons in TB platoons? [MERGE]

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Paying players have an advantage. It's all good.
  • Options
    I don’t expect it will change and the game mode itself doesn’t inspire me to shell out money to buy (in many cases) worthless toons.

The reason you’re actually seeing this is because it plays in to the Dev fantasy that there’s at lease one game mode that utilises your junk squads, albeit in the worst possible way. :D

• Jenari_DwInZz_
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @kyno sorry nothing personal ;) the devs dont state anything because they refuse most of the the time to talk or comment unless there is a big uproar. This situation is in essence the same as with the NightSisters they give us a bone to chew on for 8 9 months and it tastes great and then wham they take the bone and its gone. Sorry you have to pay now to get the same results and keep chewing and eating the the bone. How is that not ridiculous? Its the same with drugs first they get you hooked for free and then you have to pay to get that same feeling and state back.... And btw in court this would not hold up what they are doing like this. I am a paying player spend on a average 20 to 30 euros a month, I'm gaming for over 30 years now and never ever have I spend this much money on 1 game. I have been playing this game 1.7 years, do the math thats quit the money vs an AAA game I play on PC or Console. And never been treated and toyed with by a game dev like this!
  • Options
    @kyno sorry nothing personal ;) the devs dont state anything because they refuse most of the the time to talk or comment unless there is a big uproar. This situation is in essence the same as with the NightSisters they give us a bone to chew on for 8 9 months and it tastes great and then wham they take the bone and its gone. Sorry you have to pay now to get the same results and keep chewing and eating the the bone. How is that not ridiculous? Its the same with drugs first they get you hooked for free and then you have to pay to get that same feeling and state back.... And btw in court this would not hold up what they are doing like this. I am a paying player spend on a average 20 to 30 euros a month, I'm gaming for over 30 years now and never ever have I spend this much money on 1 game. I have been playing this game 1.7 years, do the math thats quit the money vs an AAA game I play on PC or Console. And never been treated and toyed with by a game dev like this!

I think the issue is more so with mobile fremium model. Believe it or not this is one of the best games for the FTP under that model. Furthermore in terms of communication for games like this, swgoh is a lot better at that too.

MSF- has like 0 dev communication and farming characters takes forever and is even more expensive.

That’s not to say - we should all just zip it and be complacent, but know this is one of the better/ if not the best one. I wouldn’t expect EA- to really go against the grain of a fremium game and be a pioneer of change.
  • Options

I think the issue is more so with mobile fremium model. Believe it or not this is one of the best games for the FTP under that model. Furthermore in terms of communication for games like this, swgoh is a lot better at that too.

MSF- has like 0 dev communication and farming characters takes forever and is even more expensive.

That’s not to say - we should all just zip it and be complacent, but know this is one of the better/ if not the best one. I wouldn’t expect EA- to really go against the grain of a fremium game and be a pioneer of change.

I know it WAS one of the best freemium games but of late it is far from. They still going to change NS after allmost a year! Even after the uproar they dont listen, they pretend to listen when it comes back to bit them in their behinds. Its ridiculous how it has changed in the last couple of months and the arrogance that goes with it. And don't blame only EA I think most part is even from CG and the devs themselves.
  • Options
    Mmmm where did my last post go?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's because they have to force you to pay somehow. It's like communicating vessels. They probably had a huge breakdown of revenue with the last wonderful ideas they had, so they force you to spend otherwise. The thing that really upsets me is that they could at least leave 2 platoons free of p2p stuff. But no, this time you have to pay even to unlock the level 1 platoon power.
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is part of the advantage that someone paying gets. Much like other content we will all "roster out" the content just due to sheer GP and have nothing to do with finishing platoons.

And this. This is beyond ridiculous. You're basically saying that platoons are designed for shoppers and no f2p guild will ever be able to complete a tb. This was quite obvious even without saying it, but stating it like that, like it was needless to say, like it is a thing all game developers do, like it's stoopid to even ask about it... It's simply laughable.

• Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie It would be great if we could get a response on this. If we could get some reasoning behind continuing to make TB more difficult to achieve 45*. At one point we were told it was about pride and accomplishment, but at some point all that pride should lead to actually achieving the goal.

Pride and accomplishment? Try money and paywalls.
  • Options

I know it WAS one of the best freemium games. But it the last months it has become ridiculous the way it goes. The devs don't listen, they pretend to listen when there is a uproar and it comes back to bite them in their behinds. They still going to change the NS after allmost a year because of a 7* Traya as excuse. So dont pretend you are listening while still doing the changes that no one wants! But hey the non whale guilds are getting to close beating heroic Sith raid to soon. Thats what this is all about! And don't blame it all on EA, CG has a big voice and part in this too it's easy to hide behind the big mother company and use that as excuse. Not to mention the arrogance it comes with most of the time.

As someone that is very vocal here, I agree with some of what you said and disagree with others. Devs can’t listen to everything. Can they listen more? Absolutely. Communication is a whole other issue that has been a problem here for a long while.

I give Top Hat credit. For actually taking feedback/uproar and changing it. What’s that saying with compromises ... both parties shouldn’t walk away happy...

Platoons are one of those problems we should voice. Among the many other things. It’s how we evolve, get better, and make changes that benefit the community as a whole.

The game we play, and the world we live in- is catered to those with money and those that spend money. At the very least- there are ways around it. When I was running a guild I told them to not platoon toons passed phase 4 or 5. Was a waste and we could beat the nodes with out the platoons. Of course this takes gear and mods on those toons but it is a way around.

I do believe, as per the Road Ahead, that changes will come to TW and the TBs, hopefully it will be good changes that allow players to get better at them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Emmant your comment was similar
    kyno sorry nothing personal ;) the devs dont state anything because they refuse most of the the time to talk or comment unless there is a big uproar. This situation is in essence the same as with the NightSisters they give us a bone to chew on for 8 9 months and it tastes great and then wham they take the bone and its gone. Sorry you have to pay now to get the same results and keep chewing and eating the the bone. How is that not ridiculous? Its the same with drugs first they get you hooked for free and then you have to pay to get that same feeling and state back.... And btw in court this would not hold up what they are doing like this. I am a paying player spend on a average 20 to 30 euros a month, I'm gaming for over 30 years now and never ever have I spend this much money on 1 game. I have been playing this game 1.7 years, do the math thats quit the money vs an AAA game I play on PC or Console. And never been treated and toyed with by a game dev like this!
    @Jenari_DwInZz_

What they are doing is what they said they would do, frequency or amount of toons release just happens to be higher but relative to each other.

This has been the stated model and nothing has changed, we just went though a period of low release of toons, this allowed people to catch up and not feel the slow trickle we had. There is now a flood and this is what it feels like.

Is this what we want, no. Is it really what someone $$ wants, no probably not, why would they want to pay for a toon and not "use it". All that does not change the fact that this nothing different then what was stated would happen, and they did state this.

As I said in a different post, I just stopped expecting to fill platoons after this change was made. Just focus on team development and GP, the lost missions( which go down with a decent team) and points from not closing platoons is recoverable.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, we have reached the point where releasing new characters is actually bad for most of the players, how sad. They will be just useless 3* dust collectors for months, then they get added to a hard node which means no chance of actually farming them up anytime soon, perhaps ever. So far, it's just content we will probably never use, so pretty much neutral. But with every new character, the chance of impossible platoons increases, and that's what turns it from "meh" to actually making the game worse.
    I keep saying it, but here goes once more: Killing the stores was a terrible idea.
  • Jenari_DwInZz_
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @kyno @Vinny_Vader_Vedi

It has allways indeed been the way that we could not fill al the platoons but only 2 or when lucky 4. And I dont care even but its the principal that counts in my book. You can say this is the way it has allways been like and intended Kyno, sorry it was not. After such a long period from the beginning and start of TB which has nothing to do if it was slow or busy, there have been times of both and not only just recent. There was the rule of two ;) hahaha So that's not sheer luck or catching up with toons. For example in DS TB platoons 3 and 4 have allways Death trooper, Krennic, Shore trooper and B2 in them filled with some other old chars like Storm trooper never ever a marque toon. So saying this was intended, nope then they should have done it right away. This one thing on top of all other mistakes, bugs or uproar is to much and getting ridiculous, demotivating and frustrating.

Like I said its a matter of principals for me. The best way is indeed to get your teams up to par and win your battles.

• Options
    As a mainly F2P guild (142 mill GP) only thing that would be nice is the ability to always fill at least 2/6 platoons. I get getting 6/6 in phases 4-6 needs to be difficult and benefit the P2P player base but would be great to at least have the ability to gain a small bonus to assist CMs by filling 2/6. The fact 5 platoons require P2P toons is brutal towards your F2P player base at least throw us a bone and give the chance of 2/6 for deep rostered F2P guilds.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    kyno Vinny_Vader_Vedi

It has allways indeed been the way that we could not fill al the platoons but only 2 or when lucky 4. And I dont care even but its the principal that counts in my book. You can say this is the way it has allways been like and intended Kyno, sorry it was not. After such a long period from the beginning and start of TB which has nothing to do if it was slow or busy, there have been times of both and not only just recent. There was the rule of two ;) hahaha So that's not sheer luck or catching up with toons. For example in DS TB platoons 3 and 4 have allways Death trooper, Krennic, Shore trooper and B2 in them filled with some other old chars like Storm trooper never ever a marque toon. So saying this was intended, nope then they should have done it right away. This one thing on top of all other mistakes, bugs or uproar is to much and getting ridiculous, demotivating and frustrating.

Like I said its a matter of principals for me. The best way is indeed to get your teams up to par and win your battles.

I'm not saying that did or didnt happen to you, but it was not and never has been a hard and fast rule that this wouldn't happen, and I have seen 5 and 6 platoons before.

Applying things like principle to RNG by stating in a small sample size that you have not seen it, doesnt make it true, it also doesnt make it fair or unfair. It 100% falls into what has happened and what they stated could happen.

There are more marquee toons in the game then at this point in any other TB, so the odds were not in our favor.
  • Options
    Another one of the forum fires lit up. Yeah, this is what it is. But there's no question moving the goal posts sucks. Yet another thing making the game more annoying then fun.
    It was easier to ignore as "one of those things" prior to STR.... but with ships 2.0 and STR and all there many many annoyances now the New toons in TB is now part of the generally sticky, nasty, miasma that this game is turning into.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I would just like to say that in my opinion, things like this and not seeing any results regarding the concerns that people have issued regarding the amount of time that has to be put in to beat STR, is going to turn people off. I already had two people quit the guild I am in in the last month and they had more than 2 mil GP. At first I thought maybe they were trying to find a bigger guild but they are on my ally list and haven't joined any new guilds.

We keep hearing how things are going to get better, and yet it seems lately that what we are getting is, your complaint is noted, however we aren't going to do anything because of A, B, C and D even though it may cause general dissatisfaction with the game. I know the tag line many will respond with would be "they are keeping the paying players happy and that is all that matters", but I can't imagine that even the paying players are happy with either of these situations.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    i can’t imagine how intimidating this game must look to someone starting as of today. To do the math towards all the toons,ships,gear mods,currency and crystals needed as a new player would make me not want to start this game at all.
    Playing since launch I’ve grown with the game and have been able to keep up with all the content.
    My collection score is at 84.51% and even with that I still have a few spots in this game I can’t do.
    How demoralizing it would be being at .1%, looking up the hill you have to climb and see new toons and ships being released with such frequency. Especially every time a movie comes out.
    You come to realize the “goal post “ doesn’t really exist.
    And this is all before you discover the RNG side of this game.
  • Options
    There is a fair point being made here. The real issue is the glut of new toons, honestly. If there are one or two new toons a month, it isn’t as big a deal. But when you release five toons a month, like this month, plus a ship, it gets to be excessive. Similar issue with the Solo toons. The reality is they are releasing too many new characters. Even the game changers are openly complaining about the glut of new toons. This is one of the many side effects of that problem.
  • Jenari_DwInZz_
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Kyno strange that you are only one of the few and rare that has seen it before. And so many complaints there are in this case of fleet platoons and not before this in other TBs and platoons. Sorry to say sir hiding behind RNG nah doesn't cut it. Especially with so many guilds and people playing this game. And the time TB is around it would already happened before in bigger numbers.

To me personally it's clear that you take your job as a moderator a bit to serious and your vision is a bit blurred by that. No problem thats your choice and your right to do so. So lets agree to disagree in this situation. Kuddos for the job your doing in general ;);)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    They should know a majority of players won't pay for those marquee characters.
    It's just fueling our discontent...

They imagine at some point we'd break and say "can't take it anymore, I will buy that €80 pack!".
    Won't work that way guys!

I was happy to spend some money on those 21 days crystals boosts sometime ago. I could spend them the way I liked and price was reasonable.
    Now those packs are just unreasonable, I don't think you're making more money but I'm sure you're making more unhappy players and that means losing customers..

I agree with this sentiment. I generally pay to support a game when I am happy with the game and the experience, not when I feel my feedback is ignored, and the game play is becoming more frustrating over time. Honestly, that's why I have been f2p for over a year now.

CG/EA has made that decision easy - and reinforced it everytime they do things like HSith rewards rework, Ships 2.0, several new toons show up in TB platoons and, more than likely, the "new" mod system (which will likely be justmore complicated, demand more time and money).
    Post edited by Kyno on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't get why after a couple months of farming Rose and Holdo just for platoons they suddenly disappear and no longer required, at least as much, if at all. Everytime they release new marquee toons the ones we been farming become irrelevant. Lobot and CUP....FOX....SM....Now young han will disappear too. It's a blatant cash grab and forces people to pay to complete platoons. You will NEVER complete all platoons without paying....complete **** imo. I'll never spend a dime and those that do are silly. P2P just for platoons...lol what a joke.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    this thread is about to get buried, to feedback, or guild events, either way, same issue we all deal with, many posts on it, even during this tb there have been several posts already

if you have an issue, search the forums to see if it has been addressed already and then post along with them, otherwise this is just extra negative bashing for the sake of extra trash talk
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    for the record, i partially agree with OP, but all the negativity doesn’t do anything productive
  • Options
    But it's true - if it were completely random new toons would barely affect TB - just an RNG factor ultimately.

But it's not - new toons are forced into spot at a higher rate artificially.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It gives whales an advantage in TB, and they’re the ones that keep this game going. This has been happening for a while, I don’t see how it’s a problem.
  • Options
    You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You just might find
    You get what you need, oh yeah...

B)
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    It gives whales an advantage in TB, and they’re the ones that keep this game going. This has been happening for a while, I don’t see how it’s a problem.

Bingo, whales bankroll the game and the dev’s paychecks, without whales there’s no more improvements or new content. No incentives for whales equals no whales.
  • Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »

Bingo, whales bankroll the game and the dev’s paychecks, without whales there’s no more improvements or new content. No incentives for whales equals no whales.

Or change the earning model to how an AAA game for console and pc works
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno strange that you are only one of the few and rare that has seen it before. And so many complaints there are in this case of fleet platoons and not before this in other TBs and platoons. Sorry to say sir hiding behind RNG nah doesn't cut it. Especially with so many guilds and people playing this game. And the time TB is around it would already happened before in bigger numbers.

To me personally it's clear that you take your job as a moderator a bit to serious and your vision is a bit blurred by that. No problem thats your choice and your right to do so. So lets agree to disagree in this situation. Kuddos for the job your doing in general ;);)

I'm not hiding behind anything, nor am I defending anything. I am speaking as a player who has been here from the beginning. The unfortunate fact is that there is no stated limitations to toon placement and any perception to this is just how things have "seemed" most likely due to the low number of marquee toons in game. The current situation is still within the explanation made for how platoons are working.