WTH is up with gs?

Replies

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    why all the differing opinions? Was he nerfed or is he the same? I really don't want to waste time and money farming him if he's been nerfed. :(
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    why all the differing opinions? Was he nerfed or is he the same? I really don't want to waste time and money farming him if he's been nerfed. :(

I also would like second opinion. His regular at 7 seems a joke
  • Options
    instead of crying for a character to be nerfed, ask for others to be buffed. I'm so sick and tired of nerf posts, I'm aware this didn't start out as one but it's slipping that way...
  • Options
    These Gladiator (final battle) type of hidden nerfs are just like that movie. A stabbed char, cowardly...nobody knows....
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    Options
    My GS is named Robert Paulson aka Meat Loaf...FC reference.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    My GS is named Robert Paulson aka Meat Loaf...FC reference.

We don't talk about fight club ;)
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    I finished my round of gw for the day and towards the last 3 or 4 nodes his numbers seemed to normalize somewhat so perhaps it was just a case of bad rng. I start hitting 70 max gear opponents around node 4 and for 4 or 5 nodes his damage was looking paltry. I'll be keeping an eye on it moving forward though. Thanks for the replies.

The nerf was substantial.

ok, thanks :)
  • Options
    Just had another arena battle with my maxed GS and he seemed fine crit over 11k with offense up on special and over 8k with basic. So I don't think there was a nerf.

The opponents GS was also his usual self, buggy and OP.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe only "maxed" GS got nerfed. a guess: the gear-requirements changed and now, your GS has gear above his requirement and this way it doesnt "count" anymore? can you check "Stat xx (+xy)" values?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Some of you are seriously trolling, trolls.
    GS has not been nerfed
  • Options
    GS is the worst character ever. I will replace him with Ewok Scout
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think the Geonosian Cannon Beetle is working just as it used to. Fought a few in Arena and they hit just like normal, which is just a little higher than I'm comfortable with. :p

Looking at GS in the bigger perspective, it doesn't need nerfing at all. It's balanced. It's just that it goes a gear level above many other toons right now. I think that will pan out with the next level cap increase. Which hopefully doesn't happen too soon...
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I think the Geonosian Cannon Beetle is working just as it used to. Fought a few in Arena and they hit just like normal, which is just a little higher than I'm comfortable with. :p

Looking at GS in the bigger perspective, it doesn't need nerfing at all. It's balanced. It's just that it goes a gear level above many other toons right now. I think that will pan out with the next level cap increase. Which hopefully doesn't happen too soon...

FoTP has lower hp and lower speed than GS. Should we buff FoTP then? Cause none is ever gonna use him as long as GS exists.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »

I also would like second opinion. His regular at 7 seems a joke

My GS is 5* only and as strong as ever ... only thing i've noticed is, that there were less critical hits (in general, not gs only) in the last few battles, but i guess, thats just a random effect ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »

FoTP has lower hp and lower speed than GS. Should we buff FoTP then? Cause none is ever gonna use him as long as GS exists.

Good question. Lucky for me, it's not on my table. ^^ FOTP does work better than GS in a Phasma team though. So there's that.
  • droidboyz
    316 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    hmmm...just 5* mine alil while ago...definitely isn't hitting as he was...ehhh would not surprise me if there was smurf nerf...and running Poggs as lead.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    He should get nerfed tho its your own fault you went with the crowd to get a character that doesnt even have a name he is just another soldier, he shouldnt be as good as he is

Thanks for sharing

No proble
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people still think the lore says he wasn't that strong so in game he shouldn't be either :d
    It's been stated a few times before, they don't care about the lore in terms of strengths. It's a everchanging meta where different characters will turn out to be very good and it doesn't necessarily have to be the lorewise strongest characters.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think we sometimes forget how fantastic and unrealistic the lore is, too, when it comes to odds and who-beats-who. According to the lore, Ewoks have a fighting chance against the Galactic Empire. A handful of Rebel fighters can take out a Death star.

And Boba Fett's death is the perfect example of bad RNG in action. ^^
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I laugh every time someone says that GS's strength comes from gear level. Why doe JKG suck so much? She is Gear IX also. The answer is that GS's strength doesn't come from gear level because if it did, JKG would be strong too......
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I laugh every time someone says that GS's strength comes from gear level. Why doe JKG suck so much? She is Gear IX also. The answer is that GS's strength doesn't come from gear level because if it did, JKG would be strong too......

Agreed, even at gear 8 GS is a monster. He's only balanced if you compare him to others that also need a good dose of nerfing.
  • Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Agreed, even at gear 8 GS is a monster. He's only balanced if you compare him to others that also need a good dose of nerfing.

Can t wait for this guy to have the nerf bat. It s coming anyway
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    I think he was nerfed, just checked his speed stats at max gear and max 7* he supposed to be 149 but he's at 140
  • Options
    VIII wrote: »
    I think he was nerfed, just checked his speed stats at max gear and max 7* he supposed to be 149 but he's at 140

Is there a (+9) next to the 140? If so then your guy is still at 149 speed. Just checked and mine is still showing 149.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

You need to gear your GS.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    @Joe_Bruin_420 no it shows 134 (+6)
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    @Joe_Bruin_420 no it shows 134 (+6)

Is he gear level 9? or 8?
  • Options
    @VIII

I'm still running GW and Arena rounds...yeah somethings off...crits seem to be fewer for me versus higher lvl ops...I'm lvl 66 atm... good to know what you've found...
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 8 but the last piece im missing is 50 MK III stun cuffs and that only add physical damage
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @VIII
    He goes to gear level 9 thats where he gets the additional 9 speed.