Returning player Need Help!!!

Prev1
So i m back after like a year and i m wondering if i should start a new account . At squad arena i m like 9k -10 k and i m so underlvl its hard to go up for now. I am lvl 46 with my best character being 4*.(i have played for like 1-3 weeks but now i want to try out more the game and i dont know if its worth starting again or not ) .

Replies

• Options
    If you are only at that level it is definitely worth restarting. Wont take you too long to get to that level and you will be able to compete in arena
  • Options
    Yea i guess i ll start again :) Ty for help . Can i still get kyle Ren for free ? Cause he is much stronger than my other characters and i guess thats the reason i i didnt start again right away.
  • Options
    No you cant get Free kylo ren shard anymore
  • Options
    Finished in February, according to the little flyer in my battlefront 2 case.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you prefer sticking with your original account for nostalgic reasons then it _is_ possible to fight your way back — but prepare for a long journey before hitting top—200 in squad arena. My alt account was left at level 30ish for 14 months before I picked it up for fun. I was of course far behind in squad arena, but when they began rewarding crystals in fleet arena as well, I went all—in on ships and pilots. I now rank 100—ish in squad arena and can take 1st in fleet arena with that alt — while having a fun journey trying to reach even higher in squad arena.

However, if it's all the same to you, then by all means do restart. Choose whatever is more fun for you.
  • Options
    Just restart. Being high in arena is so rewarding its absurd. I get top 5 in both arena and fleet arena everyday and get over 600 crystals daily just from that. Youre gonna have a fairly easy start if you know what youre doing.

Just farm the phoenix group and youll dominate arena for a while, unlock thrawn and palp, and with that can snowball into an empire/sith team later on.
  • Options
    As someone who was in your same shoes i suggest the following. Keep going until level 60 when you unlock ships. If you are in the top 1000 in your ship shard, keep your account and focus on ships. Try to take 1st dailey. If after a month you are not finishing top 5 daily then quit.

If you are outside of the top 1000 when you join fleet arena ,especially outside of the top 5000, quit.

If you quit, there are some guides about manipulating time zones and getting off to a fast start in the new player forums. Follow those and you'll dominate regular arena.

Pros for staying. 18,000 other people in your arena shard quit too, so the competition at the top 500 is less feirce, you just need a powerful enough team to kill the inactives.

Cons, you will likely be locked out of the top 20, if not the top 50 in arena.
  • Options
    I started a new account but i feel like i m losing too much of my characcters ;( I guess i ll keep the old one and go for the slow game . Thanks for answering :)
  • Options
    I started a new account but i feel like i m losing too much of my characcters ;( I guess i ll keep the old one and go for the slow game . Thanks for answering :)

If your highest toon was a 4*, you aren't losing anything. I would definitely restart. The server you are/were currently on is mature. While many others have also stopped playing, not everyone has.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If your highest toon was a 4*, you aren't losing anything. I would definitely restart. The server you are/were currently on is mature. While many others have also stopped playing, not everyone has.

This. You are further behind your shard than you will realize. Arena is not for everyone, but starting a new account will give you a better shot at being top 200-500 than you will have on your current account for a very long time. Floating that much higher, for a few months will net you more income to help you develop.

Not knowing your roster, I would still bet that somewhere around 50% of the toons you are "losing" are not that useful in the current climate of events and raids.
  • Options
    Those 46 levels will fly by and you will soon have a whole new set of characters. Potentially much better, more focused than before depending how much you have learned.

Conversely, if you play that old account, your leveling will only slow down and your ability to make progress in the arenas will be even slower.
  • Options
    Well i have Lando 4* / luminara 3* / Mace 4*/ Chewbaca 4*/Grand moff tarkin4* /jedi couns 4* /Darth Sidius 4* /Biggs 2*and ofc Kylo Ren 4* while some other 1*-2* ...Well this is my oldest account ( i had 2 lvl 45 accounts and for some reason this account started from 3000 rank in squad arena ...) .I started the new account i said b4 (playing at my oldest account and the new one now ) and farming phoenix as i saw in guides its good .For now i have a lot of free time to play both but i ll need to decide who to continue.....(new account is lvl 31 and got me on 9 k in squad arena and i m 6.9k at the moment ) .As i saw iin my new account its pretty farmable the phoenix squad so maybe i should stay on my old one ? Help me plz!! i am really confused
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Well i have Lando 4* / luminara 3* / Mace 4*/ Chewbaca 4*/Grand moff tarkin4* /jedi couns 4* /Darth Sidius 4* /Biggs 2*and ofc Kylo Ren 4* while some other 1*-2* ...Well this is my oldest account ( i had 2 lvl 45 accounts and for some reason this account started from 3000 rank in squad arena ...) .I started the new account i said b4 (playing at my oldest account and the new one now ) and farming phoenix as i saw in guides its good .For now i have a lot of free time to play both but i ll need to decide who to continue.....(new account is lvl 31 and got me on 9 k in squad arena and i m 6.9k at the moment ) .As i saw iin my new account its pretty farmable the phoenix squad so maybe i should stay on my old one ? Help me plz!! i am really confused

I had an account at level 60 that I had started from the beginning of the game. I got bored, and the account was going nowhere. I got the game back about a year later, and I play that account to this day, it’s been a year and a half. In my new account I came in with a good understanding of what I needed to do, and easily slid up to level 70, advancing many good teams along the way. Now in the end game, I’m glad I restarted and didn’t continue with the old account. It’s worth losing a few 7* characters to restart and play the game better.
  • Options
    Phoenix squad will open up some content - Thrawn / Executrix / Palpatine but wont help you that much in arena on your old account. It's only overpowered at lower levels.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    At some point you will hit a wall with your old account — from there on progress will be very slow. I hit the first wall at about 1000 back then.

On your new account you will be able to climb faster if you play consistently every day and follow a good farming path.

It's really a matter of choice. What will be more fun for you? Playing your old account and slowly overcoming the challenges or playing a new account?
  • Options
    Well i really am not sure ....I guess i ll continue to play with both accounts for 3-5 days and see how i m doing on the accounts in squad arena as i unterstand thats what matter the most..Thanks for all the answers
  • Options
    Well i really am not sure ....I guess i ll continue to play with both accounts for 3-5 days and see how i m doing on the accounts in squad arena as i unterstand thats what matter the most..Thanks for all the answers
    Squad arena is important for unlocking certain characters and for many people it gives a sense of accomplishment. Only you can determine just how much it means to you however. Good luck, whatever you decide! :)
  • Options
    So i decided to play on my old account ..Now i need help on what team to choose for farming .Is phoenix a must first faction or is it too late for me ? What other option i have ? Heres my roster https://swgoh.gg/u/son0fheaven1/collection/ Any suggestion is appreciated :)
  • Options
    What levels are the top 50 players and what squads are they using?
  • Son0fHeaven
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well they are lvl 85 all of them so i wont be reaching near that for some time as i unterstand . I see a lot of traya(L) with sith teams and jedi with bastila (L) and Palpatine(L) sith ...(2-3 resistance teams and 1 nightsisters i think ) .I m getting hard time in galactic War too with my roster . Cant finish it ...i can take around 800 tokens each day thought.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ouch. That is a big mountain to climb my friend. Expect to spend months leveling and farming to catch up.

Be aware that leveling slows significantly in your 60s, 70s and 80s. I am currently 79 and it takes seveal days per level. I am expecting it to slow again for 80-85.

If you picked up Bastilia in the recent event you might be able to build up a Jedi squad. Otherwise Phoenix -> Thrawn / Palpatine -> Empire is probably uour best bet.

You still wont be able to get anywhere near the upper echelons though. Not until you can build up Omegas and Zetas and likely one or more of Nihilus / Sion / Traya.
  • Options
    Yea but if i wanted to go all in in ships , how could i do it ? i m lvl 48 now and rank 2700# in squad arena but power is 12,5k while opponents are 20k + so its hard to win ,But i guess i m getting 200 shards from there +200 from dailys to farm someone .I feel i wont enjoy phoenix for some reason . Whats my other team options ?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Since you have not yet unlocked ships you should have a shot at a freah shard there. Look for recent fleet threads for ideas and start farming ahead of time if you want to compete for the top spots.

Edit: Note that fleet commanders - Ackbar, Windu & Tarkin - are bought from the squad arena store. Only Windu can be farmed outside of that and he is generally considered the least desirable.

If you don't want Phoenix, you could try another high-synergy faction squad like Nightsisters or First Order. Your problem remains the same though. There are no magic bullets (or blaster bolts) I'm afraid.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    This is where it would’ve come in handy to restart. You wouldn’t hit as hard of a wall on your way up.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You will be able to reach higher ranks faster on your new account. No doubt about
    So i decided to play on my old account ..Now i need help on what team to choose for farming .Is phoenix a must first faction or is it too late for me ? What other option i have ? Heres my roster https://swgoh.gg/u/son0fheaven1/collection/ Any suggestion is appreciated :)

I would suggest to follow an up to date farming guide for beginners. In general:

Phoenix team to unlock EP and Tarkin. (Edit: Thrawn — not Tarkin)
    Empire to unlock R2D2.
    Leia, ST Han, Old Ben and farmboy to unlock CLS.

Meanwhile make sure to have strong enpugh scoundrels for credit heist and farm pilots, when it doesn't interfere with other omportant farms.

And most importantly:

If you end up in a young fleet shard, where you have the opportunity to reach the ranks that reward crystals, you should go all in on pilots and ships to get as high rank as possible. That will reward you more crystals than you could win in squad arena.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix WILL be required at some point, wether you like it or not. Without Phoenix — no Thrawn.

For ships, make sure to farm Biggs and Boba Fett from their hard nodes and also JC and FOTP. If you skip Phoenix in cantina, you could either farm Tie Fighter Pilot (Pilot and Empire) or Kylo Ren Unmasked (First Order and great ship).
  • Son0fHeaven
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yea i think i ll skip phoenix for now ..i dont know if i want to farm jedi or first order maybe ...or even a early biggs team so i can have a good ship start maybe..What team is good overall - galactic war / winning inactive players as soon as possible and farm maybe a legendary lord exept phoenix ?Ofc having good pilots / ships ..or for ships i need to go just for pilots without going for a specific team?
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I know you said you are planning to continue but if you are starting Phoenix i would suggest a new account. If you start Phoenix from the start you will be a lot higher in your arena shard and there will definitely be no 85 Traya(L) which will take you months if not years to get near! If you start Phoenix from the start you will be in a very good position for near enough every game mode!

Plus if you start again and buy a Chromium pack you will be guaranteed a new hero (I got Lando on my main and Barriss on my smurf!)!

I only say this because you are miles behind in the arena and will struggle to improve (so Kanan will be a long grind up to 7* with a limited currency of just 200, my smurf has been focusing on Phoenix from the start and i get 600 currency a day no problem), and you haven't started Fleet yet so if you were to start again you could spend the first part of the game farming heros (Phoenix, Biggs, TFP etc) in preparation for that! Not to mention Phoenix squad will help you clear GW really really easily if you farm from the start which will bring you home 1200 GW currency each day

Whatever you do, good luck!
  • Options
    Definitely restart
  • Options
    If he’s not restarting and going after number 1 position in Fleet then:

Darkside Fleet with Biggs until you can go all 3 Geos
    So you want Biggs with 2 Target Lock Ships
    And decent reinforcements

You are aiming for
    Geo x 3 reinforced by Slave 1, Tie Advanced and maybe Ahsoka
    Focus on Home One as your Main Ship but don’t ignore Executrix.

Step 1
    Biggs (Tank) - GWStore
    Tie Fighter Pilot (Target Lock) - 4B Cantina (Resitance pilot can stand in initially)
    Geo Soldier (DPS) - 1A Cantina

Reinforcements
    Ahsoka ( buff stripper) - Cantina Battles Store
    JC ( “medic” )

The Geos Ship patterns pop up ALL the time in GWS (Sun Fac less so)
    In Fleet store - you want to focus on ships and eventually Sun Fac (can also get him with Guild Currency)
    Geo Spy - Cantina 4D
    Slave 1 - Fleet but not that often
    Tie Advanced and Vader - Fleet but not that often

***Normally I wouldn’t recommend Geos as the initial ships to go for BUT if you aren’t restarting and want top 10 Fleet Arena I guarantee no one else will do this initially***
    The reason being - Geos have no use anywhere else! But under either Ackbar/Tarkin ships (i prefer Ackbar) their damage is overwhelming. Likewise few will focus on Ahsoka because she’s not a top tier Jedi. But 3 Geos + Slave 1, Tie Advanced and Ahsokas ship will obliterate Biggs if you can do it!