• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Trying to resolve the argument, let's agree on the following:

To maximize TB yield you need SOME platoons help.
    To actually get max return you do not need to fill in EVERY SINGLE platoon day-in day-out.

That's already agreed. That's not the topic of this discussion. It may be in many other similar discussions, but not this one. This discussion is about the ability to fill platoons — not in order to score higher in TB, but simply to fill platoons.

Regarding your statements:
    At some point you will be able to get 45*/48* without filling a single platoon. Top guilds may even be able to already (in my guild we only just got our first 45* in LS TB. We still rely on filling platoons).

Then it is simple, if you are f2p, do not expect to fill platoons. Anything that you can fill is a bonus. Filling platoons gives you an advantage, that advantage is paid for by other players.

You might want to refresh your memory about this old discussion, the topic, and previous posts by rereading it from the top.

I don't disagree with your statements here. I'm fine with the current design. It's crystal clear from our previous discussion. I don't see your point with adressing me. Please explain, if you want to get your message through to me.

You were stating that is all this discussion is about. If it is isolated and not related to those effects on TB, then there is no real discussion. Platoons are connected to TB in many ways and if you want to isolate that and just focus on the ability to fill them, the answer is simple, if you are not paying then you will not fill them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Trying to resolve the argument, let's agree on the following:

To maximize TB yield you need SOME platoons help.
    To actually get max return you do not need to fill in EVERY SINGLE platoon day-in day-out.

That's already agreed. That's not the topic of this discussion. It may be in many other similar discussions, but not this one. This discussion is about the ability to fill platoons — not in order to score higher in TB, but simply to fill platoons.

Regarding your statements:
    At some point you will be able to get 45*/48* without filling a single platoon. Top guilds may even be able to already (in my guild we only just got our first 45* in LS TB. We still rely on filling platoons).

Then it is simple, if you are f2p, do not expect to fill platoons. Anything that you can fill is a bonus. Filling platoons gives you an advantage, that advantage is paid for by other players.

You might want to refresh your memory about this old discussion, the topic, and previous posts by rereading it from the top.

I don't disagree with your statements here. I'm fine with the current design. It's crystal clear from our previous discussion. I don't see your point with adressing me. Please explain, if you want to get your message through to me.

You were stating that is all this discussion is about. If it is isolated and not related to those effects on TB, then there is no real discussion. Platoons are connected to TB in many ways and if you want to isolate that and just focus on the ability to fill them, the answer is simple, if you are not paying then you will not fill them.

Please do refresh your memory instead of continuing where you (/we) left the discussion more than a month ago.
    If you have any new message to me afterwards, then please explain what the new thing is. If you have a message to the OP on his topic (yes, he discusses platoons isolated from scoring points in TB), then feel free to post — I'll be happy to read it. So far you didn't bring anything new today. I'm off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    @Waqui, @Kyno doesn't care that there are actually people (myself included) who enjoy platoons as an independent aspect of the game. He doesn't understand that if platoons were an isolated aspect of this game independent of territory battles, people would play it and enjoy it. He can't comprehend someone enjoying something that he doesn't care about.

Please explain how you play a platoon, I'm very interested in seeing your idea of how this could be an independent game mode. You place toons. If those platoons have no effect anywhere, what are you describing?

I actually love the idea for platoons as an add on to anything. Using GP from unused toons to get an advantage or hinder your opponent is a great idea. They absolutely ruined platoons when they made this change and I barely pay attention to them now.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Waqui, @Kyno doesn't care that there are actually people (myself included) who enjoy platoons as an independent aspect of the game. He doesn't understand that if platoons were an isolated aspect of this game independent of territory battles, people would play it and enjoy it. He can't comprehend someone enjoying something that he doesn't care about.

I cannot tell what he cares about and understands, but for whatever reason he doesn't discuss your topic, and he hasn't been helpful apart from when he in one of his first posts described, what the developers have announced about new / marquee toons in platoons.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I cannot tell what he cares about and understands, but for whatever reason he doesn't discuss your topic, and he hasn't been helpful apart from when he in one of his first posts described, what the developers have announced about new / marquee toons in platoons.

Maybe you care to explain what a detached platoon is, if there is no benefit to it being tied to another game mode?

placing toons to fill a box, is not a game or a game mode, which is what an isolated platoon filling would be.
  • Options

lmao

funny how people are so fixated on judging platoons independently just so they seems that they are in the right.
    If u enjoy platoons as an independent thing, then im sure glad u aint working for the development team of swgoh....

CG was clear a while back and Kyno stated it as is in a previous comment of his "if you are not paying then you will not fill them." (completely, u can still get 2/6 90% of the times)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Maybe you care to explain what a detached platoon is, if there is no benefit to it being tied to another game mode?

placing toons to fill a box, is not a game or a game mode, which is what an isolated platoon filling would be.

It's not my discussion. OP expresses his own point of views. I don't share his points of views, but I understand what he's trying to discuss. All I can explain is, that the OP is discussing filling platoons in itself — not as a means to score higher in TB or anything else. If you want an explanation why he enjoys filling platoons separately, you will need to have the OP explain it to you. All I can tell you is, that you have been derailing the discussion and you have not been helpfull to the OP (apart from one of your very first comments) — both of which is against forum rules (and seeing a moderator breaking forum rules repeatedly is embarrassing).

Again:
    Please refresh your memory, before addressing me again. I am not interested in continuing this pointless discussion with you.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Options

It's not my discussion. OP expresses his own point of views. I don't share his points of views, but I understand what he's trying to discuss. All I can explain is, that the OP is discussing filling platoons in itself — not as a means to score higher in TB or anything else. If you want an explanation why he enjoys filling platoons separately, you will need to have the OP explain it to you. All I can tell you is, that you have been derailing the discussion and you have not been helpfull to the OP (apart from one of your very first comments) — both of which is against forum rules (and seeing a moderator breaking forum rules repeatedly is embarrassing).

Again:
    Please refresh your memory, before addressing me again. I am not interested in continuing this pointless discussion with you.

@TimmyHutch
    "Today, for example, in the north ship territory, 5 out of the 6 platoons require at minimum 1 pay to play ship. So it's impossible for us to get to even level 1 for the strafing run. "

From OP's original post.... purpose was getting at least 1 level of strafing run, not filling platoons for the joy of it
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @LighTofHeaven, read further.
    But I enjoy the platoon aspect of the game. By making us use characters that you have to pay for in order to fill those platoons, they have completely removed an enjoyable portion of this game for myself and other f2p players.
    Also, Kyno , I'm not trying to be disrespectful toward you, but just because you don't care about platoons, or don't enjoy them, or hell, maybe you actually do enjoy them, but just because you feel a certain way towards them, doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way you do. I enjoy the platoon aspect of the game. If platoons were a stand alone aspect of this game, I would enjoy it even without TB.
    You're not hearing me though. I don't want to go around platoons. I like platoons. It's an enjoyable part of the game for me. But I'm unable to participate in platoons because of how they run it. They took out an enjoyable part of the game for me.

Read more yourself. It's all up there in the discussion.

• Options
    @LighTofHeaven, read further.
    But I enjoy the platoon aspect of the game. By making us use characters that you have to pay for in order to fill those platoons, they have completely removed an enjoyable portion of this game for myself and other f2p players.
    Also, Kyno , I'm not trying to be disrespectful toward you, but just because you don't care about platoons, or don't enjoy them, or hell, maybe you actually do enjoy them, but just because you feel a certain way towards them, doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way you do. I enjoy the platoon aspect of the game. If platoons were a stand alone aspect of this game, I would enjoy it even without TB.
    You're not hearing me though. I don't want to go around platoons. I like platoons. It's an enjoyable part of the game for me. But I'm unable to participate in platoons because of how they run it. They took out an enjoyable part of the game for me.

Read more yourself. It's all up there in the discussion.

i did read, once kyno mentioned that TB can be completed by development
    then it became a matter of "enjoying platoons" only, which quite honestly, is an assured way of sounding completely "i dunno what to put without getting a warning".
    who in his sane mind would enjoy platoon

like cmon...... just say ok and move on, dnt make an "enjoying platoon as a game mode" type of thing
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

who in his sane mind would enjoy platoon

Apparently the OP does. If you want to understand why, then discuss it with him — not me.

• Options
    I like equipping g12.5 pieces. Not as a means to increasing my GP or performing better in raids / arena. I just like equipping g12.5 pieces. It’s an enjoyable part of the game for me. But I’m unable to enjoy it as often as I’d like to because the devs have made it difficult to equip those pieces, and people that pay can do it more often than I can.
  • Options
    3rd time of light side tb and my guild has only filled 1 platoon in each of the last 3 fleet territories. Every single platoon has pay to win ships in it. It has never been this bad, this has meant we have no strafing runs for the last 3 territories and can't even lower the damage of orbital bombardments in the final territory. In troop platoons we have fared much better but not as many people pay money for ships as they do on new toons. Sad.