Chewbacca legendary event

Replies

• MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ok so 7* isn’t going to happened for me but I should get Bosk to 5* in time. I have 7*s on the following : boba g10, dengar g7, greedo g7 and cad bane g7. What we think we need to 5* chewy ?
  • Options
    5 5* BH. That will be the requirement to enter the battle.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I know , what the speculation of gear levels to victory the 5*
  • Options
    No one knows yet, might be g10 might be 11 might also be g8... we'll have to wait and see
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MuCuS wrote: »
    I know , what the speculation of gear levels to victory the 5*

Depends on your mods, and what they mean by "difficult" as they made note to say this would be.
  • Options
    Given we have an entire new gear level, and a new mod level, since the last legendary, I'm expecting gear 9-10, with awesome mods. Gear 11 with decent mods.
  • Options
    I'm expectating above 10+ for 6-star Chewbacca
  • Options
    We should see the kit first, hopefully it will be revealed soon! Maybe it wont be that good and wont worth the effort to get him 7* first time.
  • Options
    DonBongo92 wrote: »
    We should see the kit first, hopefully it will be revealed soon! Maybe it wont be that good and wont worth the effort to get him 7* first time.

But bragging rights.
  • Options
    No one knows what's going to happen and how difficult it will be. Just a quick reminder: They also said that the last tier of the smuggler's run is very difficult. Yet you could quite easily manage with a mediocre to bad team with a golden Han.
  • Options
    XaVii wrote: »
    which do you think would be minimum gear required for bounty hunters? I have Boba-Cad-Zam-Greedo- ig88 at gear 10. Only Boba fett at gear 12 :/

My best bet is to get them to G12.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And they've already stated ANY 5 Bounty Hunters. So no panic farming needed if you happen to have them already. Other than gearing up.

Gearing up can easily be a panic farm. :smile:
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    I have all OG at g11+ but none of the new ones. Let s hope it's doable with the old BH crew :)

Yeah, maybe, but I think G12 is safer based on the wording of the post.

• Options
    I'm most likely only looking at unlocking at 5* and that's it. Unless I get enough zam shards in time but at the moment I'm looking at g12 z boba, g11 ig88, g10 cad bane, and g9 zam and greedo. Hopefully that atleast unlocks and maybe even 6*
  • Options
    @Vendi1983
    It’s not about how good he can be it’s just chewbacca really I couldn’t care less that it’s chewbacca
  • Options
    MrThamer87 wrote: »
    @Vendi1983
    It’s not about how good he can be it’s just chewbacca really I couldn’t care less that it’s chewbacca

We need falcon episode 4-6 too!
  • Options
    Yeah Chewbacca is while a cool companion, he's kinda not important. Why would you care about one of the protagonists pet dog? Give me a frekin sith lord, now thats hot baby.

Also, chewie was definitely not a leader. We have 2 versions of him and neither is anything special, simply because thats how he is in the movies. It would be weird if he suddenly aoe force killed everyone.

Perhaps, as a pilot, he could make sense.
    But thrn again, we kinda need a ship that he could drive..

So no, not excited about this the least bit.
  • Options
    Yeah Chewbacca is while a cool companion, he's kinda not important. Why would you care about one of the protagonists pet dog? Give me a frekin sith lord, now thats hot baby.

Also, chewie was definitely not a leader. We have 2 versions of him and neither is anything special, simply because thats how he is in the movies. It would be weird if he suddenly aoe force killed everyone.

Could say the same about R2, and look how awesome he is still.
  • Options

R2 had his scenes in both the movies and the clone wars series. He saved many crappy situation thanks to the endless tricks in his pocket.

What did Chewie do in all these? Repair a ship part? Shoot some blasters? (rarely hitting anyone) Thrown an 80 kg person a couple of meters away?
  • Options

R2 had his scenes in both the movies and the clone wars series. He saved many **** situation thanks to the endless tricks in his pocket.

What did Chewie do in all these? Repair a ship part? Shoot some blasters? (rarely hitting anyone) Thrown an 80 kg person a couple of meters away?

Hijack an Imperial AT-ST, turning the tide at the battle of Endor and allowing the Rebels to disable the shield generator?
  • Options

R2 had his scenes in both the movies and the clone wars series. He saved many **** situation thanks to the endless tricks in his pocket.

Hijack an Imperial AT-ST, turning the tide at the battle of Endor and allowing the Rebels to disable the shield generator?

I didnt see an AT-ST in arena for a good while.. Jokes aside, you made a good point. Perhaps its not about extraordinary personal skills, but just always doing whats needed for the ultimate victory. So, like, he could be a fantastic TB (TW?) character, while also copiloting a new ship. Thats some potential.
  • Options

I didnt see an AT-ST in arena for a good while.. Jokes aside, you made a good point. Perhaps its not about extraordinary personal skills, but just always doing whats needed for the ultimate victory. So, like, he could be a fantastic TB (TW?) character, while also copiloting a new ship. Thats some potential.

I am going to speculate that you aren't old enough to grow up with the OT but were introduced to Star Wars during the PT. Chewie is a fan favorite, just like R2. They are going to use this event to make him as good as the fans expect to gain a little goodwill after the burnout of all of these marquee and subsequent hard node farms. He is going to be impactful to the meta for no other reason than we have an extremely stale meta at the top of shards, and people are getting Traya to 7 stars now so it is time for an injection of variety. He will help many teams and be good standalone character a la GK.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So assuming scoundrel and smuggler. Really hope he has a lead or unique that helps whole team because Smugglers only have one. Maybe a wookie tag too?
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Not Wise to Upset a Wookie (Zeta): once an ally is defeated, Chewbacca gains the one-time ability Savage Retribution. (Can only be used once per encounter, except Raid Bosses) Chewbacca instantly defeats the target enemy and gains +50% max health. This attack ignores taunt.

(Starts at 4 defeats and no health gain, next level adds +10% health, then 20%, then the next reduces the amount of defeats required, etc. The Zeta adds the final defeat reduction and ignore taunt.)

I keep coming back and editing this because I realize it could produce a paper zombie like scenario whereby you put an intentionally weak character in so that on Chewie's first turn you can basically annihilate someone. I'm sure they could easily code the ability to have a caveat that "the defeated ally must be at or higher than Chewbacca's Gear Tier and Character Level"

This would also be an easy way to fix paper zombie but still have her death trigger NS benefits.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I am going to speculate that you aren't old enough to grow up with the OT but were introduced to Star Wars during the PT. Chewie is a fan favorite, just like R2. They are going to use this event to make him as good as the fans expect to gain a little goodwill after the burnout of all of these marquee and subsequent hard node farms. He is going to be impactful to the meta for no other reason than we have an extremely stale meta at the top of shards, and people are getting Traya to 7 stars now so it is time for an injection of variety. He will help many teams and be good standalone character a la GK.

Thank you for explaining.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Thank you for explaining.

You're welcome :wink:
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Gear your team to G8. Anything more is completely wasteful unless you're planning to use them in the Sith raid or for ship purposes.

I doubt this will event will be that much harder than Thrawn's. Even if it is, start with Gear 8 and add gear as needed. You know you'll have a week to farm up any extra gear you need to complete it. Definitely don't drop any zetas (again, unless you're doing a BH Sith Heroic team) unless you just want to auto the event. :P
  • Options
    Has anyone brought up the idea that he may be a Republic/Rebel/Resistance character (like Artoo) due to the phrase, ". . . giant has fought in practically every major recent galactic conflict."
  • Options

Don't forget pilot the Falcon during the Battle of Crait to give the speeders air cover and evacuated the Resistance. Partook in the Battle of Kashyyk in Revenge of the Sith. Worked with Ashoka to escape the Trandoshan hunters.
  • Options
    CottMan3 wrote: »
    Has anyone brought up the idea that he may be a Republic/Rebel/Resistance character (like Artoo) due to the phrase, ". . . giant has fought in practically every major recent galactic conflict."

We already have a Galactic Republic and Resistence version of Chewie though.
  • Options
    Very hard tells me GS10 minimum with Gold 5A mods all abilities and payouts maxed, and most likely all Zetas.