Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Naz83 wrote: »

You are clearly missing the point that BH-s before the rework ware not worth gearing up, cos' they ware junk (except Boba Fett), and everybody knows that the Thrawn legendary event was doable to unlock him at 5*, with no headache. I could get a 7* Thrawn with only G8 phoenix team. It was not easy but for the 30 try i did get him with good RNG. This legendary event is just pure trash, a slap to the face to all F2P players, and a cash grab from CG as usual.

Ppl been using dengar at rancor, and BH being reworked at late April.
    DSTB P6 needs them so why you left them behind...?
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    sorry for the double post - please delete...
  • The o
    Grrrr wrote: »
    BucMan55 wrote: »

For the final tier I get where you are coming from. For the earlier couple of tiers, G12 shouldn't enter into the equation.

G7-8 for the 5* would be appropriate, G9-10 for 6*, and G11-12 for the 7* would be appropriate AND be an increase in difficulty over previous legendaries.

There have been a number of folks who have already passed those tiers with the levels you suggested (see some of the most recent posts). I believe everyone complaining are completely overreacting...

remember the Thrawn event when it was new?

Every time these events come out there are a handful of folks who say they “are going to quit” or they “have had enough of CG’s ****.”

*sigh*

If you’ve truly been playing since the beginning, this event would make perfect sense. If everyone walked though the event, there would be a revolt on the forums about how a character as legendary/strong as Chewbacca should be difficult to acquire.

Isn’t that the definition of a Catch 22?

The other legendary characters were not difficult to acquire. If you had the toons, you got the character.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So I guess a positive since I can’t sleep after returning from over seas is I had plenty of time at 3am to just keep spamming the event...

Running the following:

G12 2/3 Zzossk
    G12 3/3 Boba
    G12 0/3 IG-88
    G11 4/6 Dengar
    G 11 3/6 Greedo

I have all the omegas - but only Bossk zeta’d. I’d say speed doesn’t matter as much as 1 - getting super lucky and 2 - surviving...

My method:

If Bossk is stunned or blocked - retreat
    If you lose any team member before you go - retreat

Kill order:
    Lando-1
    Chewie-2
    Han-3
    ROLO-4
    And R2 last

Since you can’t critical ROLO, try and get your contract off by killing Lando. From their hope you get a bit lucky and Greedo gets a critical loop on Chewie and if you are lucky you can execute Chewie from there. Then hope to survive Han’s counters...and easy street if enough survived to beat ROLO and R2...

1947ehrvpp77.png
    dy6auc0jcrmf.png
  • puszkaluk
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Dear CG,

I like new Chewbacca, it's a very nice powerful toon but it's my last legendary in this game.
    When I finished Thrawn event with gear 8-9 and was very very happy and satisfied and I thought that I will prepare better for next legendary to do it much easier... So I put gear 10-11 to 7* Boba, Zam, IG-88, Cad and Greedo. And what did I get in return? Chewi on 5*... It is not fair. I have good mods but tier 6 is too hard for me, but not only for me...

With sadness, but have to uninstall the SWGOH because you choose only money... Not players...

Have a nice day!
  • Farewell. It's sad to see this game lose another wave of players due to greed. I am currently thinking about some replacement, but MSF turned out bad and I can't think of anything else...
  • I beat T6 with the following:

6* G11 zBossk lead
    7* G12 Boba Fett
    7* G10 IG88
    7* G9 Dengar
    7* G8 Cad Bane
  • Yeah... deffo changing my rating and review for this game due to this type of excessive greed. Thrawn was difficult but not excessive such as this. Ridiculous.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I see a ton of ppl are now unlocking him...event is fine. I know there will be a lot of 7* Chewys in my arena soon enough. Peace.

Yea, thats what whales are for lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Farewell. It's sad to see this game lose another wave of players due to greed. I am currently thinking about some replacement, but MSF turned out bad and I can't think of anything else...

Which is a real shame really, if a good game like this ever comes out with non-greedy devs for a change, it will be so crazy popular. Problem is Devs get too greedy everytime and just do it for as much cash as possible, I mean, look at idle heroes... I'd only play that game on the private server which gives you the premium stuff for free. Even FFBE has gone crazy greed mode. MSF is a flop...

Wonder if people ever get together and put up a private server of this game, haha, be interesting to see us all have test like accounts on one massive containing everyone shard!
  • Finished last tier with Boss g12, Bobba g12, Dengar Greedo g11, Cad Bane g9. No mods switching. Really, killing Chewi first is the key. Thanks for this advise posted earlier in this thread!
  • Yeah. This. Was really looking forward to Chewie and figured G11.5/G12 BHs with zetad Bossk would be enough. Really feeling like putting the game down after this.
  • Double zeta bossk is key i think
    Im 72/100 so will try in a few days
  • Isn’t this an overreaction on not being able to unlock 1 character?

I’m irritated at the difficulty of 5* Chewie —-> I’ll prepare better for it next time.

It’s difficult for all of us - so you won’t have a big disadvantage.
    There’s 100s of characters you can’t possibly get them all to 7*/G12 as a FTP/Minnow/Dolphin.
    I’d love to have Chaze, Bossk and Nihilus etc at 7* but I’m farming other things!
  • Ya this is the biggest FU I have ever seen from developers.
  • Double zeta bossk is key i think
    Im 72/100 so will try in a few days

Lol Im at 72/100 too

good luck :D
  • Tier 5 complete. Will have to invest in Bossk for next go around for any hope of Jedi Luke.
    GS 12 Boba Lead
    GS 11 Cad
    GS 11 IG-88
    GS 11 Greedo
    GS 10 Dengar

Arena mods on all 272 speed Boba - 220 Speed Dengar. All payouts maxed, all omega abilities.

Not putting Zetas on them when JTR comes out Oct 5.
  • Sure It is very hard but stars have aligned for me ans I did it.

I did it with this team:

zzBossk, zBobba, zDengar, zGreedo and Cad Bane. All tier12 except Cad who is tier10 . Decent mods, but not Arena mods.

Stars have to aligne this way:

R2 must miss Smoke screen
    When tou finally get a go you need Bobba, Bossk and Cad not to be stunned
    Then focus on Chewbacca. First dispel him with Bobba, then stun him and throw Bossk net.
    Throw all detonators you can in order to recover health and protection. Bobba aoe to throw some useful hability blocks(plus health and protection).

When you manage to kill Chewbacca, buffs from Han and Leia disapear.

Your next threat will be Lando. Wipe him out.

Keep throwing detonators. By then Leia and Han would be nearly dead. Finish them.

Finally, kill the nice droid.

Keep trying till you succeed.

Congratulations, now you are the proud owner of a 7 star Chewbacca.
  • It's not just that the difficulty is just stupid, it's also a precedent for all future events, which will no doubt be equally stupid. It's terrible for free to play players, it's terrible for new players, and as with everything nowadays, just designed to siphon money from whales.
  • @Shadowscream you are correct! 100% correct! But they wrote "5 of all BH", so I have 5 BH on 7* and they are much better than Phoenix squad on previous event... So why I can't win that battle? It's not only "unlock 1 character"...
  • I 1000% agree,
    My g12 bounty hunter's can't beat t6.
    Money grab, it's ridiculous and sad to treat customers this way. I was excited because this was the first time I was ready for a legendary event (so I thought) and now I see I'm not ready. (though my toons should clear it by all rights) Why can't CG just be fair and descent to their customers. 🖕
  • Not a hard event. The requirements say g12 . My g12 bountyhunter beat it on auto.

04hf082g5vj7.jpg
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Naz83 wrote: »

You are clearly missing the point that BH-s before the rework ware not worth gearing up, cos' they ware junk (except Boba Fett), and everybody knows that the Thrawn legendary event was doable to unlock him at 5*, with no headache. I could get a 7* Thrawn with only G8 phoenix team. It was not easy but for the 30 try i did get him with good RNG. This legendary event is just pure trash, a slap to the face to all F2P players, and a cash grab from CG as usual.

Ppl been using dengar at rancor, and BH being reworked at late April.
    DSTB P6 needs them so why you left them behind...?

I guess your question is just a joke.. You could do the rancor raid without Dengar (zVader teams). There was plenty of other stuff to gear up in the game then BH's cos' they ware trash. I think that everybody can agree, that you can not gear up 4 BH in 5 months to a decent gear as a F2P player, if you are locked behind of the raid gears what you need for them if it aint drops for you, or if you farm them from nods with also ridicolous drop rate, and i spend all the crystals i can get as a F2P player for refreshes. You can buy it for crystals yes, or you could buy it from the guild store with 3-5 pcs/buy... Not to mention that every character needs the same gear. Ppl have 4000+ from some of the gears nobody needs, and you struggle to get the gears what many of the characters need.. This event is just not fair.
  • Great work cg. Very few f2p players have the gear to take BH to g12+ for one event. Even legendaries are for whales only now.
    This game is not fun anymore.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    MeatyThud wrote: »
    Yeah. This. Was really looking forward to Chewie and figured G11.5/G12 BHs with zetad Bossk would be enough. Really feeling like putting the game down after this.

I'd suggest reviewing posts of ppl unlocking him at 7* before getting butt hurt

Ive already come to terms with this in your post about the hate flowing. 2 comments actually. This was posted first glance 17 mins after the event dropped hours ago.
  • This is making me want to quit the game. What other legendary events were even remotely this difficult? Make the event easier or we'll have to walk
  • Let's assume that you just started with SWGOH... You have to prepare 5 Phoenix toons on gear 8-9. And 5 BH on gear 12+... Where are sense and logic?