[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Guys/Gals: I’m so exited! I have ALL of Revan’s gear to go full bore G13 and all 4 of his zetas!

whgz3maxdffj.gif
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Guys/Gals: I’m so exited! I have ALL of Revan’s gear to go full bore G13 and all 4 of his zetas!

whgz3maxdffj.gif

Glorious

whgz3maxdffj.gif

Does he have a mystery zeta?

whgz3maxdffj.gif

Does he have a mystery zeta?

Rumor has it. My guess is it adds in HK-47 assist for 3 turns.

SnakesOnAPlane

whgz3maxdffj.gif

#fakenews you dont even know what gear he will need so how do you have it? No revan for you!
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    Guys/Gals: I’m so exited! I have ALL of Revan’s gear to go full bore G13 and all 4 of his zetas!

whgz3maxdffj.gif

#fakenews you dont even know what gear he will need so how do you have it? No revan for you!

Actually not fake news @wrekincruw his gear list is already out there and a lot of people know about it including myself...

Take a peek. ;)

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-revan/gear/
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I just want this event to end so we can focus on something more positive
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Guys/Gals: I’m so exited! I have ALL of Revan’s gear to go full bore G13 and all 4 of his zetas!

whgz3maxdffj.gif

Actually not fake news @wrekincruw his gear list is already out there and a lot of people know about it including myself...

Take a peek. ;)

I did this is speculation, they are using other similar toon profiles to guestimate so they tell you in that big yellow box in all uncertainties this is subject to change
  • Germi wrote: »
    I just want this event to end so we can focus on something more positive

Er...No..this is positive, the community is getting something it has been requesting.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Someone know this games where companies are so greedy, that people just quit and whales are alone on there arena shards and have to complain, because no opponents? This game gets there...

Do you work for free? Do you ever ask or expect a raise for your work? Does your boss get mad insults you call you greedy and threaten to fire you? Hmm...or maybe this game can be 100% no cost so all the talented staff leaves for jobs that will support them and we get flooded with cheese and spam every 3 seconds because of you're finacial situation, no no just keep robbing peter so paul can play free, yup.
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »

whgz3maxdffj.gif

Take a peek. ;)

I did this is speculation, they are using other similar toon profiles to guestimate so they tell you in that big yellow box in all uncertainties this is subject to change

That's not how the site works. They're using actual game data. There is no guestimation or comparing to similar toon profiles. The disclaimer just, rightly, points out that nothing is final until it's final.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    At long last it looks like us paying customers can finally get some true benefit to our spending, and get some real seperation from these pvp low GP bottom feeders running handout gift CLS/Chewie and Bastila comps, the same ones that pestered us with easy to obtain NS, JTR, QG jedi, etc. Many of us are sick and tired of chaining down these nuisances out of the top ten or 20, trying to go hard in the paint with 2.5m-3m GP like they deserve a seat at the table. It's about time!

The arrogance of this statement is astounding. If you so called whales are the only ones around there won’t be a game. I guarantee they make more off the dolphins than they do off you. This sentiment smacks of someone desperately trying to compensate for something.
    At long last it looks like us paying customers can finally get some true benefit to our spending, and get some real seperation from these pvp low GP bottom feeders running handout gift CLS/Chewie and Bastila comps, the same ones that pestered us with easy to obtain NS, JTR, QG jedi, etc. Many of us are sick and tired of chaining down these nuisances out of the top ten or 20, trying to go hard in the paint with 2.5m-3m GP like they deserve a seat at the table. It's about time!

This whole statement just makes me cringe more and more as I read it. You sir, win worst comment of the day
  • John_Matrix1985
    2275 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TommySitt wrote: »

This whole statement just makes me cringe more and more as I read it. You sir, win worst comment of the day

The real krakens don't care at all about Squad arena. They only care about Ship Arena to get Zetas.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Traya along with some other meta squads can beat Revan. That was all I care to know about.

Not denying it will be hard and somewhat filtering amongst the top 50s.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    So a longer timeframe isn't disrespectful to the whales & krackens since they likely planned to spend major bucks regardless. That's how cls & jtr were and to my knowledge the whales & krackens didn't overwhelmingly express frustration that dolphins and some well prepared f2p had a shot too.

There weren't delays for the previous 2 hero's journey first runs, were there?

No but they gave us a month or so to farm the needed toons in the case of the vets. In the case of CLS he was basically F2P if you had bothered to work on a decent empire team and had been around long enough to farm ANH rebels.

Yet I'm sure whales and krackens still went all in to 7* any toons they didn't already have 7*. Point being CG didn't need to give us less than 2 weeks to farm the toons to 7* for the whales and krackens to get value for their investment as their investment means they're basically 100% assured of getting a new toon on the first go whereas F2P/dolphins are still depending on the whims of the RNG node farming gods. I get the idea of making it hard for F2P to get a toon on the first go without real good luck, but basically pricing out dolphins doesn't really leave a good precedent for the release of new toons.

At this point my greatest concern is that they make up for the lost dolphin money by forcing whales to kracken out to get OR toons to g12 to get Revan using Chewie as a precedent. We'll know soon enough what the difficulty is though.
  • Only g9 is needed for the event, probably less... they told us the requirements last week
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    So a longer timeframe isn't disrespectful to the whales & krackens since they likely planned to spend major bucks regardless. That's how cls & jtr were and to my knowledge the whales & krackens didn't overwhelmingly express frustration that dolphins and some well prepared f2p had a shot too.

No but they gave us a month or so to farm the needed toons in the case of the vets. In the case of CLS he was basically F2P if you had bothered to work on a decent empire team and had been around long enough to farm ANH rebels.

Yet I'm sure whales and krackens still went all in to 7* any toons they didn't already have 7*. Point being CG didn't need to give us less than 2 weeks to farm the toons to 7* for the whales and krackens to get value for their investment as their investment means they're basically 100% assured of getting a new toon on the first go whereas F2P/dolphins are still depending on the whims of the RNG node farming gods. I get the idea of making it hard for F2P to get a toon on the first go without real good luck, but basically pricing out dolphins doesn't really leave a good precedent for the release of new toons.

At this point my greatest concern is that they make up for the lost dolphin money by forcing whales to kracken out to get OR toons to g12 to get Revan using Chewie as a precedent. We'll know soon enough what the difficulty is though.

I'm fine with a toon having exclusivity for once, would prefer if it wasn't Revan, one of the few things I care about in SW but...

The gear need is g9 and you can probably even do it with less.

I'm fine with a toon having exclusivity for once, would prefer if it wasn't Revan, one of the few things I care about in SW but...

When did they explicitly say g9? The dev post announcing the event and who is needed doesn't mention gear level anywhere that I saw.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Only g9 is needed for the event, probably less... they told us the requirements last week

Their g9 could mean g11 in real world....
    Basically my shard allies and I would prefer to not have to coordinate several times a day to beat back some 2.5m GP random running a 4 star Bastila or 5 star Chewie and trying to get top 3 on the cheap, you still get decent rewards 5th-10th considering no money is spent. In other freemiums good luck making top 20 or 30

So if someone has farmed constantly, earned their toons by farming the right way, and saved up their gear for toons that can beat certain meta squads...they don’t deserve to get 1st because they haven’t paid? I’m sorry but just because you CHOSE to shell out a lot of money doesn’t mean you are entitled to 1st place. If someone has never spent a penny on this game but has pulled better mods, hoarded gear and crystals and is able to build a team that can beat yours then they earned their ranking. I love how you’re saying you and others deserve the top spots solely based on the money spent.

I think the saying appropriate for this is...”Git Gud Kid.”
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

When did they explicitly say g9? The dev post announcing the event and who is needed doesn't mention gear level anywhere that I saw.

I'm too lazy to look for it. Crumb posted a table with gear needs for each tier, it's on 3xth page....and yea this shouldn't have been posted there.

I'm too lazy to look for it. Crumb posted a table with gear needs for each tier, it's on 3xth page....and yea this shouldn't have been posted there.

cheers!

This said I reserve some skepticism until the event is live that those tables are accurate considering what they thought was do-able for 1* toons for tier 1 of STR at release. Given their track record this year I don't have an abundance of faith that what they think is possible for a g9 toon will meet up with reality.

lol, give it 1 or 2 months. I hope its worth it.