Response

Replies

• Options
    Old Republic toons are pennies on the dollar. 5 good toons at 7 stars and 1 Legendary toon at 7 stars for the price of 1. You people wont be happy until we give away nothing but free, maxed characters.

Then CG needs to make an announcement clearly stating Revan is for mega-krakens, not 95% of the playerbase.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Safe to say a large majority of the playerbase is unhappy (to put it VERY mildly) with Revan. Has there been any dev response yet?

Most SWGOH players do not participate on this forum, have never expressed an opinion about Revan’s requirements. And yet you presume to know the thoughts and feelings of a “large majority” of people you’ve never met or even heard a word from. Try to become more comfortable speaking for yourself instead of hiding in a crowd you’ve imagined and claim to be real.

@Mik_Prat_Rel Get your head out of the sand, and read the 41 page megathread, watch the Youtube videos, go on Discord, Reddit etc. People are not happy.
    I stated loud and clear the day he was announced how I felt.
    Don't presume to know what I'm thinking.
    there are just as many people who are cool with it

Just as many? LOL
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Old Republic toons are pennies on the dollar. 5 good toons at 7 stars and 1 Legendary toon at 7 stars for the price of 1. You people wont be happy until we give away nothing but free, maxed characters.

It's still $300 plus for pixels..... Then add the cost of gearing them for the event....
    Everything in a game is a bunch of pixels. Not just GOH but paying money for Vbucks is just as silly. I think its fair that Revan costs as much as any other marquee toon ($300) without accounting for gear (which isn't that high with good mods). Again, I'm saying this on the basis on other toons that are released.

Personally, I think over 5 dollars for a single toon is expensive regardless of who that toon is or what it does given how relevant a toon remains in this game. Before anybody brings up why that's not a feasible idea, I'm aware. I think this game doesn't have a good ROI for a spender.
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options

Then CG needs to make an announcement clearly stating Revan is for mega-krakens, not 95% of the playerbase.
    Its subjective. Everyone needs to spend (or not) different amounts to get Revan but lets just assume its for mega-krakens,

What difference do you think it makes if CG says "This is for mega-krakens". Like, really, why do you feel the need that they need to state this. How will this make anything different. Do you think its justified if they say "oh btw this toon is meant for people who are willing to drop $500 bucks". Anyone can tell how expensive it is without having CG tell them. Did you mistakenly dump a ton of cash because CG never told you it was meant for Mega-Krakens? The disclaimer would do absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    Safe to say a large majority of the playerbase is unhappy (to put it VERY mildly) with Revan. Has there been any dev response yet?

Most SWGOH players do not participate on this forum, have never expressed an opinion about Revan’s requirements. And yet you presume to know the thoughts and feelings of a “large majority” of people you’ve never met or even heard a word from. Try to become more comfortable speaking for yourself instead of hiding in a crowd you’ve imagined and claim to be real.

@Mik_Prat_Rel Get your head out of the sand, and read the 41 page megathread, watch the Youtube videos, go on Discord, Reddit etc. People are not happy.
    I stated loud and clear the day he was announced how I felt.
    Don't presume to know what I'm thinking.

U might want to pull your head out of that helmet

I never take off the helmet :smiley:
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Its subjective. Everyone needs to spend (or not) different amounts to get Revan but lets just assume its for mega-krakens,

What difference do you think it makes if CG says "This is for mega-krakens". Like, really, why do you feel the need that they need to state this. How will this make anything different. Do you think its justified if they say "oh btw this toon is meant for people who are willing to drop $500 bucks". Anyone can tell how expensive it is without having CG tell them. Did you mistakenly dump a ton of cash because CG never told you it was meant for Mega-Krakens? The disclaimer would do absolutely nothing.

The premise of many of the people here, is that there is no difference between Revan, and previous events. This is not the case. I've been a steady spender for the past 2 years (until now, going F2P thanks to Revan), and the price tag for Revan is double or triple what it was for Chewy (using Bossk), Thrawn, JTR, CLS, etc.
    This is why myself (and others, but apparently I'm making everyone else up) are upset. I was expecting the $100 investment I've already made into OR toons to be sufficient, or at least close (to where another $100 at most would do it). This has been the standard that has been set by CG. They have every right to adjust the cost of entry, but don't pretend like nothing has changed.
  • Options

It's still $300 plus for pixels..... Then add the cost of gearing them for the event....
    Everything in a game is a bunch of pixels. Not just GOH but paying money for Vbucks is just as silly. I think its fair that Revan costs as much as any other marquee toon ($300) without accounting for gear (which isn't that high with good mods). Again, I'm saying this on the basis on other toons that are released.

Personally, I think over 5 dollars for a single toon is expensive regardless of who that toon is or what it does given how relevant a toon remains in this game. Before anybody brings up why that's not a feasible idea, I'm aware. I think this game doesn't have a good ROI for a spender.

My kids are fortnite addicts, so I totally get it.....
  • Options

The premise of many of the people here, is that there is no difference between Revan, and previous events. This is not the case. I've been a steady spender for the past 2 years (until now, going F2P thanks to Revan), and the price tag for Revan is double or triple what it was for Chewy (using Bossk), Thrawn, JTR, CLS, etc.
    This is why myself (and others, but apparently I'm making everyone else up) are upset. I was expecting the $100 investment I've already made into OR toons to be sufficient, or at least close (to where another $100 at most would do it). This has been the standard that has been set by CG. They have every right to adjust the cost of entry, but don't pretend like nothing has changed.

How do you figure it will take more than $200?
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

$250 = mega krakens. You sir win a prize. We have a winner here folks!
    Post edited by ÌN_Algorìthm on
  • Options
    :'(:'(
  • Options
    Ben15 wrote: »

How do you figure it will take more than $200?

How do you figure it won't?.....

We all need to take a step back here and analyze our situations because this is a perfect opportunity to do so..... Not so much CG, but EA knows exactly how to maximize their profits from this event.... They have a full team of statisticians and financial analysts that do nothing more than study this stuff....

I do this type of stuff for a living, so here is my analysis.....

1- if you are ftp, there is a very small segment that will get Revan.... These are the miserly, resource hoarding types that didn't get Chewie because they were Revan focused, ones that already had awesome bh, or held off figuring something big was coming....

2- dolphins.... Slight chance of getting Revan, may be tempted to become temp whales to get the new and shiny....

3- whales.... They will be a 50-50 group..... Half will have him, but the other half just spent a whack to get chewie.... These are the guys like olddumper that likely have a limit to.their whaling and will common here telling everyone Revan isn't worth it, and pretend to be proud of their "patience" while secretly biting their nails to the quick... Also the most likely to over extend themselves financially .....

4- krakens.... Enough said....
  • Options
    Whales will all have him. Its 5 really good toons and a meta changing toon for the price of a marquee toon. Even most dolphins will have him.
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I hearby give you knowledge. Knowledge to better your life. Knowledge to improve your gameplay. Knowledge to improve your sexlife. Listen to this knowledge perhaps you will get Revan. Click on image. Read the letter. Live the life.

Post edited by ÌN_Algorìthm on
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I hearby give you knowledge. Knowledge to better your life. Knowledge to improve your gameplay. Knowledge to improve your sexlife. Listen to this knowledge perhaps you will get Revan. Click on image. Read the letter. Live the life.

Just saying... but video games aren't improving anyone's sex life. ;)
  • Options
    For the record, I'm F2P and I'm not disappointed by this news/event.
  • Options
    djjod8qpwkza.png

This is what F2P looks like with a decent roll rate and arena/fleet rewards daily - started farming day one.
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options

Just saying... but video games aren't improving anyone's sex life. ;)
    You should've seen my sex life before and after I played The Witcher 3

• Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    What do you want the devs to say? That they want to collect money? We already know this. Do you want them to acknowledge that FTP was not in their thinking when they release him? We know the answer to this too. I’m not sure what you want them to say.

If we stay silent and take it, it's a sign that their decisions are acceptable.
    Talk with the devs, listen to their interviews. They seem like pretty cool people.
    Remember when they tried to kill Sith Raid rewards, or the initial NS nerf? They've shown in the past they're willing to listen to reason.

Ehhh...the reward structure for Heroic Sith Raids are still a disaster for long term guild stability. The NS nerf is still an ongoing issue. Each time they move the goal posts, they also make them higher.

I do agree that there WAS a time in the past that they showed a willingness to listen to reason. Unfortunately, it seems that around August of last year, that ability was strongly debuffed. I have moved from frustration to quiet resignation that this is the way things will be moving forward. And probably grow slowly and progressively worse. CG/EA will continue to try to squeeze blood from this stone until they have strangled the game completely.

Fade to black.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Whales will all have him. Its 5 really good toons and a meta changing toon for the price of a marquee toon. Even most dolphins will have him.

Half the price by my math - 50 on the 10 buck packs, 75 on the 50 shard ones, maybe another 20 on mission shards depending on double drops, but that plus normal farming should get the job done..
  • Options
    How do we still have no kit for Revan, less than a week from his launch? And still no road ahead? Usually that's the first week of the quarter, and we are no into the third week with no communication about it... not even a "ran into a few things and it will be a week or two late".... nothing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Of course whales will have him. No one has argued that. I will take issue with the rest of your point though:

1) We have no idea if he will be meta changing. Aside from a very brief splash, even JTRey was barely arena meta.

2) Long time dolphins have already stopped spending. Many have learned their lesson of "spend only to have nerfs" or "spend only to have a counter released a month later...and then be expected to spend again".

3) He's more than the cost of a marquee toon - especially if people haven't been hard-farming Old Republic since they were available, as you have to level, star and gear 5 toons, not 1.

So yes, whales who always spend for the flavor-of-the-month will have him. Smart dolphins might not have him. Most f2p won't have him either.

Oh, and you can drop the superiority complex you're pushing hard. A willingness to spend money on pixels doesn't mean squat. In fact, some would suggest that a willingness to do so is more indicative of intelligence and self control than social standing.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Normal farming only works if you do 4-5 cantina energy refreshes, 3+ fleet energy refreshes, & 3+ regular energy refreshes, plus at least one refresh of each hard node each day.

That's 5-700 crystals for cantina energy, 3-500 crystals for fleet energy, 2-400 crystals for regular energy. Since a player getting 1st place in both arenas earns 900 crystals a day, the only one a player can sustain that level of farming is if they had a "stash" of 15-20k crystals that they can start burning through.
  • Options
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    djjod8qpwkza.png

This is what F2P looks like with a decent roll rate and arena/fleet rewards daily - started farming day one.

IF they were to give us a "DOUBLE DROP" event for a week, there was a good chance you could score Revan first time.

• Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    1500.00 for Revan is pennies on the dollar in what fairytale land. The price of a used vehicle for Revan shut your pie hole
  • Options
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    djjod8qpwkza.png

IF they were to give us a "DOUBLE DROP" event for a week, there was a good chance you could score Revan first time.

Will continue to farm top speed until the event ends. Fingers crossed.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

So what is going out to eat? I mean your body just processes the physical into waste eventually.

Pixels have entertainment value, as does eating an uber pricey meal instead of an equally satisfying dollar menu at the local fast food.

Its all in what an indivudal determines there investment to value output is
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

They left out go to smurf accounts,rinse and repeat. Lol
  • Options

Most uneducated statement I’ve ever read on here. First of all this isn’t the only place people talk about this game. Second of all, I don’t frequent the forums all too often and there are over 1000 responses regarding this event. So educate yourself before feeling the need to add your ignorant opinion. You are making everyone on here look bad. Rethink your life
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Sure over 1000 how many are off topic or replies made by the same people. The number of posts in a thread do not reflect the number of people that posted. Js
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Of course whales will have him. No one has argued that. I will take issue with the rest of your point though:

1) We have no idea if he will be meta changing. Aside from a very brief splash, even JTRey was barely arena meta.

2) Long time dolphins have already stopped spending. Many have learned their lesson of "spend only to have nerfs" or "spend only to have a counter released a month later...and then be expected to spend again".

3) He's more than the cost of a marquee toon - especially if people haven't been hard-farming Old Republic since they were available, as you have to level, star and gear 5 toons, not 1.

So yes, whales who always spend for the flavor-of-the-month will have him. Smart dolphins might not have him. Most f2p won't have him either.

Oh, and you can drop the superiority complex you're pushing hard. A willingness to spend money on pixels doesn't mean squat. In fact, some would suggest that a willingness to do so is more indicative of intelligence and self control than social standing.

The whale thing. That was in rebuttal to the Captain dude saying only mega krakens are getting Revan.

You getting burned by previous purchases doesnt mean this isnt a bargain by swgoh standards.

The whole superiority complex/ self control thing and social standing. Whoa Bro. Deep thoughts. Is "Mommys credit card" next? Get over it Bro. Have some fun in life. All you do is complain in every thread for 3 full years. Lighten up Francis.
This discussion has been closed.