Response

124Next

Replies

• Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Old Republic toons are pennies on the dollar. 5 good toons at 7 stars and 1 Legendary toon at 7 stars for the price of 1. You people wont be happy until we give away nothing but free, maxed characters.

It's still $300 plus for pixels..... Then add the cost of gearing them for the event....

So what is going out to eat? I mean your body just processes the physical into waste eventually.

Pixels have entertainment value, as does eating an uber pricey meal instead of an equally satisfying dollar menu at the local fast food.

Its all in what an indivudal determines there investment to value output is

Am I the only one driven batty by the pixel line? The pixels came with your device, money spent on the game turns 0s to 1s on a server, no?
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Safe to say a large majority of the playerbase is unhappy (to put it VERY mildly) with Revan. Has there been any dev response yet?

Most SWGOH players do not participate on this forum, have never expressed an opinion about Revan’s requirements. And yet you presume to know the thoughts and feelings of a “large majority” of people you’ve never met or even heard a word from. Try to become more comfortable speaking for yourself instead of hiding in a crowd you’ve imagined and claim to be real.

I know a large majority of my guild don't interact with this board, and yet all but our two whales are unhappy with the revan event. so that is a large majority of our guild.
  • Options
    Anyone that's free to play should not be upset. Please CG, make lots of money off this so you can pay salaries of skilled and talented people to keep this game going. I love it, and the whales that fund it, even if those whales pound me relentlessly with toons I can't access yet. YET! I ain't afraid of no grind!
  • Options
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    djjod8qpwkza.png

This is what F2P looks like with a decent roll rate and arena/fleet rewards daily - started farming day one.

You refreshing all the energy nodes?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Draice wrote: »
    Anyone that's free to play should not be upset. Please CG, make lots of money off this so you can pay salaries of skilled and talented people to keep this game going. I love it, and the whales that fund it, even if those whales pound me relentlessly with toons I can't access yet. YET! I ain't afraid of no grind!

Sorry to burst your bubble, CG gets squat. EA takes most of it. This is their cash cow.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Safe to say a large majority of the playerbase is unhappy (to put it VERY mildly) with Revan. Has there been any dev response yet?

Most SWGOH players do not participate on this forum, have never expressed an opinion about Revan’s requirements. And yet you presume to know the thoughts and feelings of a “large majority” of people you’ve never met or even heard a word from. Try to become more comfortable speaking for yourself instead of hiding in a crowd you’ve imagined and claim to be real.

I know a large majority of my guild don't interact with this board, and yet all but our two whales are unhappy with the revan event. so that is a large majority of our guild.

Some of us grew up in an era where EA sold whole playable games for $50 or less..... And every character in them could be earned with work and skill.... And it was right in front of you what you needed to do to get them....

The advent of social media and the micro transaction era changed a lot... Not for the better imop....
  • Options
    djjod8qpwkza.png

This is what F2P looks like with a decent roll rate and arena/fleet rewards daily - started farming day one.

Yep, three refreshes a piece. Still don't think i stand a chance.
  • Options
    djjod8qpwkza.png

Yep, three refreshes a piece. Still don't think i stand a chance.

Dang. That blows.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Some of us grew up in an era where EA sold whole playable games for $50 or less..... And every character in them could be earned with work and skill.... And it was right in front of you what you needed to do to get them....

The advent of social media and the micro transaction era changed a lot... Not for the better imop....

International Mouse of Pancakes?

Anyway, you "buy" this whole playable game for way less than $50, for zero dollars in fact. And every character can be earned with work and skill. Name one that can't. It just takes longer for some of them. Given a choice between a forced $50 or any amount starting at zero, I'll take the any amount option every time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

International Mouse of Pancakes?

Anyway, you "buy" this whole playable game for way less than $50, for zero dollars in fact. And every character can be earned with work and skill. Name one that can't. It just takes longer for some of them. Given a choice between a forced $50 or any amount starting at zero, I'll take the any amount option every time.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would rather pay $50 up front and get a product that worked properly out of the box and wasn't constantly glitching, needing updates to fix stuff other updates broke.

And yes, you can get any toon eventually, by throwing crystals into the rng machine and hoping for the best. I just prefer games that reward based on skill rather than luck.... To each their own I guess...

The bottom line is that I stand in the camp that realizes EA needs and deserves to make a profit from the game... I also stand in the camp that feels they have crossed the line with Revan....
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    And yes, you can get any toon eventually, by throwing crystals into the rng machine and hoping for the best. I just prefer games that reward based on skill rather than luck.... To each their own I guess...

You can get Revan eventually without spending a single crystal.
  • Options

You can get Revan eventually without spending a single crystal.

Never said otherwise....
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I quoted the part where you said otherwise.
  • Options

Some of us grew up in an era where EA sold whole playable games for $50 or less...

Well, with the track record of EA in that age you could only hope that the game was actually playable, and not critically bugged without hope of a patch.
  • Options
    I quoted the part where you said otherwise.

Nowhere in what you quoted do I say you can't farm toons without using crystals.....

• TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Then I don't know what you were trying to say.

"And yes, you can get any toon eventually, by throwing crystals into the rng machine and hoping for the best."

• Options
    Then I don't know what you were trying to say.

"And yes, you can get any toon eventually, by throwing crystals into the rng machine and hoping for the best."

Simply saying I prefer games where skill is the most important factor in determining whether you advance.....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is completely off topic. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.