Ally point changes

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »
    I just wait for the message:
    „Okay, Players have stopped spending Ally points and are hoarding them, waiting for a new feature. This was not our intent. In 1 day we will wipe all Ally points! In their stead, you will be able to farm ylla points in the future starting at 0 points and earning 50% less than before“

- you heard it here first ;-p

They were able to sweeten the pot enough to get players to burn store currency for shard shop currency to get shards.... what we are seeing here is the slow start to the same process.

I do fully understand what you stated before and why they are doing what they are doing. The last couple of "topical events" leaves me doubting their grand schemes and thorough planning ahead. With the info given, why should I buy anything at the moment, if I probably can buy awesome stuff en masse in like 6 months?

Very true, and that is always a decent plan, it's all about how they want to make it work. We haven't seen the meat of it yet and may see some really good things come in that will draw you in, and the end goal may be a year down the road, its doubtful anyone will hold out that long thinking it will be better to have a million points then when you could get something like g12 salvage "now". Like I said they seemed to make it work for the shard shop, so who knows how they will make it work here.

If they're trying to make things work, the store should reset more than once a week. It's either spend an hour mashing buttons like street fighter or wait a week for something that could be useful. RN 6 of one, half dozen of another.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    The majority of the playerbase does not have millions saved up we need it to buy gear in the shard shop...

This is catering to mega whales who will probably be able to buy 20 full zetas or something with their millions now... oh and the few F2P just too lazy to click the button who will post "I'm F2P your an **** I get by great without bronzium pulls" good for you :) More a lot more Don't

Awesome being punished for trying to gear your characters..while the people with "millions" just buy their gear anyway....this is ridiculous for the people trying to get 250 shard shop credits a day now get less..

Oh but the people who just buy gear, buy toons, have 0 need for shard shop get the mega reward...They spend right THEY DESERVE IT..... (Which is fine btw..but removing abilty to earn ally points in certain places ONLY SCREWS all the little guys) awesome

The majority of players just struggling to get by get spit on again.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    The majority of the playerbase does not have millions saved up we need it to buy gear in the shard shop...

This is catering to mega whales who will probably be able to buy 20 full zetas or something with their millions now... oh and the few F2P just too lazy to click the button who will post "I'm F2P your an **** I get by great without bronzium pulls" good for you :) More a lot more Don't

Awesome being punished for trying to gear your characters..while the people with "millions" just buy their gear anyway....this is ridiculous for the people trying to get 250 shard shop credits a day now get less..

Oh but the people who just buy gear, buy toons, have 0 need for shard shop get the mega reward...They spend right THEY DESERVE IT..... (Which is fine btw..but removing abilty to earn ally points in certain places ONLY SCREWS all the little guys) awesome

Why do you have to be a mega whale to have millions of ally points ? I have 2.05m and completely ftp
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    „Okay, Players have stopped spending Ally points and are hoarding them, waiting for a new feature. This was not our intent. In 1 day we will wipe all Ally points! In their stead, you will be able to farm ylla points in the future starting at 0 points and earning 50% less than before“

They were able to sweeten the pot enough to get players to burn store currency for shard shop currency to get shards.... what we are seeing here is the slow start to the same process.

I do fully understand what you stated before and why they are doing what they are doing. The last couple of "topical events" leaves me doubting their grand schemes and thorough planning ahead. With the info given, why should I buy anything at the moment, if I probably can buy awesome stuff en masse in like 6 months?

Very true, and that is always a decent plan, it's all about how they want to make it work. We haven't seen the meat of it yet and may see some really good things come in that will draw you in, and the end goal may be a year down the road, its doubtful anyone will hold out that long thinking it will be better to have a million points then when you could get something like g12 salvage "now". Like I said they seemed to make it work for the shard shop, so who knows how they will make it work here.

G12 huh...if you can't get your char to g10 not much need for G12....

Again this is GREAT for the people who spend a fortune or the F2p to lazy to open the packs... But there has to be a LARGE % of players that have to spend them every day just to survive....Why hurt them in the process of making things better for whales ???

Can't you make things better for the whales without taking away from everyone else ???

Yeah it's probably not a major deal but the principal.....You don't have to help one group by hurting another there has to be way to not make a LARGE group feel spit on to help your big money guys
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Why do you have to be a mega whale to have millions of ally points ? I have 2.05m and completely ftp

Funny i thought I posted that...... I said good for you... you will be rewarded handsomly for saving *bows*
  • Options
    Ally points are only used for one slot of the new store. Big whoop. Can't buy gear, can't buy shards. I would rather button mash than spend them on 2 omega or ship building equipment that I already have plenty of.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Funny i thought I posted that...... I said good for you... you will be rewarded handsomly for saving *bows*

There is nothing in bronziums of real value to me so just havent wasted the time opening bronziums.. wasnt knocking you just pointing out a fact you dont have to be whale to have a hoard of ally points
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

There is nothing in bronziums of real value to me so just havent wasted the time opening bronziums.. wasnt knocking you just pointing out a fact you dont have to be whale to have a hoard of ally points

Must be nice to not need gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Must be nice to not need gear.

This
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You seem to have been around a while, so I'm not sure why you think that. They gave out I think it was 1M ally coins when they had tournaments running. Ally points some in everywhere, and they are not easily spent, no matter what your need. I think many people have a great stockpile without too much effort.

Its really about time in game, not how much your spend. Older players have been able to turn everything from the GW and arena table currency into shard shop coins for quite some time, and dont usually rely on the bronzium pulls to make shard shop currency (although the occasional 4* is great).

Maybe you should look at how much your income was reduced, it wasnt much compared to just the value recieved from doing 600 for your guild.

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

G12 huh...if you can't get your char to g10 not much need for G12....

Again this is GREAT for the people who spend a fortune or the F2p to lazy to open the packs... But there has to be a LARGE % of players that have to spend them every day just to survive....Why hurt them in the process of making things better for whales ???

Can't you make things better for the whales without taking away from everyone else ???

Yeah it's probably not a major deal but the principal.....You don't have to help one group by hurting another there has to be way to not make a LARGE group feel spit on to help your big money guys

I love how a post about ally points became about p2p vs f2p, amazing.
    I'm going out on a limb here and just assume that there won't be a large group that feels spit on when they introduce something more usefull than bronzium that costs allypoints. Obviously there will be some talk on the forum, but who cares about the forum anyway.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Its really about time in game, not how much your spend.

Keep in mind that someone who is doing a lot more energy refreshes (and therefore spending on crystals) is getting a lot more ally points.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

You seem to have been around a while, so I'm not sure why you think that. They gave out I think it was 1M ally coins when they had tournaments running. Ally points some in everywhere, and they are not easily spent, no matter what your need. I think many people have a great stockpile without too much effort.

Its really about time in game, not how much your spend. Older players have been able to turn everything from the GW and arena table currency into shard shop coins for quite some time, and dont usually rely on the bronzium pulls to make shard shop currency (although the occasional 4* is great).

Maybe you should look at how much your income was reduced, it wasnt much compared to just the value recieved from doing 600 for your guild.

Simple solution.

Make everyone spend all their Ally points give them a reasonable deadline...guys wth millions will get a few stun guns carbantis and a ton of shard shop currency.

Then wipe the slate clean and use a "new" ally point system with the new Ally point rewards.

Everyone Wins
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Simple solution.

Make everyone spend all their Ally points give them a reasonable deadline...guys wth millions will get a few stun guns carbantis and a ton of shard shop currency.

Then wipe the slate clean and use a "new" ally point system with the new Ally point rewards.

Everyone Wins

Forcing the community to spend or lose with a deadline is not a solution, it's just a bad idea.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Simple solution.

Everyone Wins

Forcing the community to spend or lose with a deadline is not a solution, it's just a bad idea.

I said a reasonable deadline that could be a month or 2...They even said this "new" stuff would not be for a while
  • Options
    The thing that frustrates me with the dev post is that their concern is that people have been stockpiling ally points because there was nothing to spend the on aside from bronzium packs.

While that’s a valid concern, it definitely feels like looking at the problem from that perspective omits that a lot of people used ally points in the way the devs had intended—spending down to 0 each day buying bronzium packs. So there are a lot of folks, I’m sure, who don’t have as much stockpiled (I’ve got 60k now, but that’s only because I now save them for Weekly Shipments) and will effectively be punished by any future changes for having followed the incentives we were given in the past.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Simple solution.

Everyone Wins

I said a reasonable deadline that could be a month or 2...They even said this "new" stuff would not be for a while

Any deadline before just taking away an in game currency that is going to force everyone to use a system that is one of the biggest complaints is a bad idea.

They are going to just allow us to spend it in various ways until it's more where they want the average amount and then plan on ways for us to effectively use it that fits what they want. There is no reason to just take it away, none.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    The thing that frustrates me with the dev post is that their concern is that people have been stockpiling ally points because there was nothing to spend the on aside from bronzium packs.

While that’s a valid concern, it definitely feels like looking at the problem from that perspective omits that a lot of people used ally points in the way the devs had intended—spending down to 0 each day buying bronzium packs. So there are a lot of folks, I’m sure, who don’t have as much stockpiled (I’ve got 60k now, but that’s only because I now save them for Weekly Shipments) and will effectively be punished by any future changes for having followed the incentives we were given in the past.

But haven't those people got the benefit they saw from spending them?

Personally I didnt spend them because it's hard, I didnt spend them because it didnt have any value.
  • Options
    Currently have 7.6K of Ally Pts. I usually empty them during a couple of commercial breaks every other day.

Getting the occasional fully crafted Gear piece is awesome.

Small tweaks like these could help a little:
    -add an extra "0" to Credits' payout
    -swap out the Training Droids for Crystals. It's not going to break the game if people occasionally win an extra 1 to 5 crystals.
    -add 5 of Mod or Fleet or Cantina Energy
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Simple solution.

Everyone Wins

Any deadline before just taking away an in game currency that is going to force everyone to use a system that is one of the biggest complaints is a bad idea.

They are going to just allow us to spend it in various ways until it's more where they want the average amount and then plan on ways for us to effectively use it that fits what they want. There is no reason to just take it away, none.

If taken away that's a choice. BTW because you could have spent it chose not to (within a 2 month deadline).

I'm not arguing with you.

The amount of ally points taken away is not game changing. But it affects the people who were not too lazy to take 1 minute to burn through them everyday.

There is more important stuff needs to be fixed anyway on the scale of OMG it's not OMGworthy..

It's still the principle of taking away to please the "minority" holders and "in principal" bone the "majority" spenders.

And with that I could be wrong I guess maybe 99.99999% of the game has their bronziums hoarded and I'm the only **** who wanted 6 stun gun salvage a week because it's the only way to get them (reasonably)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Agree. Do it the way it's intended Punishment. Hoard them because you can't click a button Epic rewarded
  • Options

[/quote]

But I accumulate ally points faster than I desire to spend them and there isn't anything worth spending them on every week, so I stock them up faster than I can spend them there. Lets face it, with 1 thing to buy every week and no multi-sim, I would need to spend the night before doing what you suggest.
  • Options
    The players are not using in-game currency the way they want us to, so instead of making it easier for us to spend the currency, they just take it away.

Classic.
  • Options
    The players are not using in-game currency the way they want us to, so instead of making it easier for us to spend the currency, they just take it away.

Classic.

Who said they're taking it away? Seems like they're sllooooowwwwlllyy testing a way to make ally points usable, just not efficiently yet.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be great if they added marquee character shards to the bronziums?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Classic.

Who said they're taking it away? Seems like they're sllooooowwwwlllyy testing a way to make ally points usable, just not efficiently yet.

They already reduced the income.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185177/changes-to-ally-points-in-today-s-update#latest
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Classic.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185177/changes-to-ally-points-in-today-s-update#latest

Gotcha. A reduction in accumulating a currency that isn't that useful isn't really that big of a deal.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Classic.

Gotcha. A reduction in accumulating a currency that isn't that useful isn't really that big of a deal.

Its not alot but reducing the income and then saying there will be more things to spend it on in the future doesn’t make alot of sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Classic.

Its not alot but reducing the income and then saying there will be more things to spend it on in the future doesn’t make alot of sense.

It does when you want to balance the economy and know there is an excess in the field.

They also reduced it from the "free" sources and left it in the "earned" sources so that future gains are gained through the use of energy, which ties this to the economy more.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Classic.

It does when you want to balance the economy and know there is an excess in the field.

They also reduced it from the "free" sources and left it in the "earned" sources so that future gains are gained through the use of energy, which ties this to the economy more.

Seems more like raising taxes and reducing minimum wages.