Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The players are not using in-game currency the way they want us to, so instead of making it easier for us to spend the currency, they just take it away.

Classic.

Who said they're taking it away? Seems like they're sllooooowwwwlllyy testing a way to make ally points usable, just not efficiently yet.

They already reduced the income.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185177/changes-to-ally-points-in-today-s-update#latest

Gotcha. A reduction in accumulating a currency that isn't that useful isn't really that big of a deal.

Its not alot but reducing the income and then saying there will be more things to spend it on in the future doesn’t make alot of sense.

It does when you want to balance the economy and know there is an excess in the field.

They also reduced it from the "free" sources and left it in the "earned" sources so that future gains are gained through the use of energy, which ties this to the economy more.

Seems more like raising taxes and reducing minimum wages.

More like not giving out pennies for no reason.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    The players are not using in-game currency the way they want us to, so instead of making it easier for us to spend the currency, they just take it away.

Classic.

Who said they're taking it away? Seems like they're sllooooowwwwlllyy testing a way to make ally points usable, just not efficiently yet.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185177/changes-to-ally-points-in-today-s-update#latest

Gotcha. A reduction in accumulating a currency that isn't that useful isn't really that big of a deal.

Its not alot but reducing the income and then saying there will be more things to spend it on in the future doesn’t make alot of sense.

It does when you want to balance the economy and know there is an excess in the field.

They also reduced it from the "free" sources and left it in the "earned" sources so that future gains are gained through the use of energy, which ties this to the economy more.

Its no reason for the current time but they are looking to give more opportunities to spend. Reducing income will never improve economy.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Simpler fix would have been raising the amount needed to buy "X". Semantically speaking the result is the same (The ability to use them is reduced), but my idea would go down better with the players. As is, the cause for their removal is being viewed as a way to stop people from using emulators and macros.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    This is probably the funniest thing about the whole thing.
    The Weekly Shipments are a good starting point, but the core issue is that the Ally Point economy isn’t balanced. They are earned from almost every action you take, but there are very few place to spend them and so they started stacking up in inventories (even more so before Weekly Shipments). As previously mentioned by Carrie, this is one of the reasons that we aren’t implementing multi-pull of bronzium packs and for a while, we had “given up” on ally points as a viable currency until further changes were made.

How is that a reason for not implementing multi-pull? Maybe i'm missing something though.
    The way i see it, the only imbalance there currently is, is the fact that some players didn't bother spending their ally points, where as others did. So some of us have 0 AP and others have millions AP. It would have probably been a whole lot less imbalanced if they started by implementing multi pulls before limiting the AP income and introducing alternative methods of spending AP. Benefit of that being most players would have spend their AP on bronziums, not on the still to be introduced items buyable with AP, wich will most likely be more valuable than bronziums for most players.
    Anyway, i'm gonna keep hoarding while they have introduce a couple of "not quite worth it" methods of spending AP. I'm also curious when they're going to adress the sim ticket "economy", haha.
  • Options
    Its no reason for the current time but they are looking to give more opportunities to spend. Reducing income will never improve economy.[/quote]

It's not about improving the economy, it's about "maintaining" balance so people who have millions of ally points don't have a massive jump compared to those who spent time turning them into bronzium packs. Personally I think it is a thinly veiled excuse to avoid addressing the issue.
  • Options
    Simpler fix would have been raising the amount needed to buy "X". Semantically speaking the result is the same (The ability to use them is reduced), but my idea would go down better with the players. As is, the cause for their removal is being viewed as a way to stop people from using emulators and macros.

Simple fix? A country was founded because of a simple raise in tea prices. Let history show what happens when you raise prices on something simple.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Its no reason for the current time but they are looking to give more opportunities to spend. Reducing income will never improve economy.

It's not about improving the economy, it's about "maintaining" balance so people who have millions of ally points don't have a massive jump compared to those who spent time turning them into bronzium packs. Personally I think it is a thinly veiled excuse to avoid addressing the issue. [/quote]

Understandable. But i was replying to someone that said it was “ to improve the economy”.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    It's not about improving the economy, it's about "maintaining" balance so people who have millions of ally points don't have a massive jump compared to those who spent time turning them into bronzium packs. Personally I think it is a thinly veiled excuse to avoid addressing the issue.

Understandable. But i was replying to someone that said it was “ to improve the economy”.

did someone say that?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    When I played Star Trek Online, the game ran the same two events every year with different rewards. People would stockpile the event currency and be able to purchase the new event ship on the first day. They eventually made the reward a timed currency, but offered an exchange for people that had hoarded previous currency with various items ranging from pretty good to meh. Needless to say the change was not appreciated by those that hoarded/thinking ahead (depending on perspective), but players moved on.

If the big concern is players that have been hoarding ally points for whatever reason, give them a limited time opportunity to exchange their currency for decent items of choice over a two-month period of time. For example, 100k-150k ally points nets you 25 Stun Gun Salvage, 250k nets you 10 shards of a hard node character or one of the new energy point bonus. A million ally points nets you 20 zeta materials. Obviously, prices would be adjusted according to inside information, but you get the idea. After the special event, players would keep their ally points. Something like this would give players an opportunity to spend large sum of ally event currency on things that are useful, and would potentially eliminate large quantities of stored ally points. Not everyone benefits from something like this, but there is not going to be a solution in which everyone comes out of this feeling like they have won.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    They should just make a Bronzium store along side the Bronzium packs. You can either go through the tedious process of opened a pack at a time at 250 ally points or you can go to a dedicated store where you can pick out of an assortment of items/shards/gear that you want that are no different than what you find in the packs.

The only difference is the price is greatly increased for something that you definitely desire rather than spending an indefinite amount of time trying to get what you're after in the random packs.

Example:

-Packs - slim chance of Mk 3 BlasTech Weapon Mod
    -Store - buy three for 10,000 coins

-Packs - slim chance of 4 star Barriss Offee
    -Store - buy 4 star Barriss Offee for 250,000 coins
  • Options

Understandable. But i was replying to someone that said it was “ to improve the economy”.[/quote]

That is what the "official stance" is. Figured I would beat them to the punch. lol. I think that this issue is long overdue for a fix. I think that when tournaments were canceled, that is when they should have addressed the issue. So I feel it is their fault that the economy would be out of "balance".
  • Options
    And yet here I sit with Cantina tokens and Galatic War tokens that are of no use to me at all but they take away the chance for me to get shard shop currency. Thanks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Classic.

Removing the places where they give it away when the market is flooded does improve the economy. The future is what the future is, they can't get there if they dont fix the current situation.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Classic.

Removing the places where they give it away when the market is flooded does improve the economy. The future is what the future is, they can't get there if they dont fix the current situation.

Your clearly stating they cannot give more things to spend them on with out reducing the income. Lol thanks i get it.
  • Options
    And yet here I sit with Cantina tokens and Galatic War tokens that are of no use to me at all but they take away the chance for me to get shard shop currency. Thanks!

You know you can buy shards in those stores and trade them in for shard shop currency too right? You can also buy ship currency in Cantina outright. Not being mean, but sadly they said a while ago that they were not adding new stuff to those stores anytime soon.
  • Options
    The reason for the removal is simple. The faster you can gear a hero for free, or obtain a hero for free, the less chance there is for the game to profit from the use of money to obtain said gear or heroes.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    The reason for the removal is simple. The faster you can gear a hero for free, or obtain a hero for free, the less chance there is for the game to profit from the use of money to obtain said gear or heroes.

Exacty. All while reducing appeal to new players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Classic.

Your clearly stating they cannot give more things to spend them on with out reducing the income. Lol thanks i get it.

They could but those things would have to be more expensive. It's an economic balance all designed to pace the game. They are choosing to do it one way vs the other but in the end we would end up with the same pace, so they are equal situations.
  • Options
    I just dont understand how they think adding a multi pull to Bronziums is going to hurt the economy. On one hand you have people who spend their ally points as they acrue it, be it daily or weekly, so they've already got their gears, shard, whatever. Then you have others who have banked ally points and (if implemented) can pull 20 bronziums at once, still getting the same types of gear, shards whatever like person A did, just all at once. So they get the same stuff, just once a month instead of once a day/ week etc. How does that hurt the economy? Its not like the gears in there are that great that they are going to imbalance the game.
    Heck, i'd bet if there was a way to multi pull bronziums, people might actually spend ally points more frequently instead of hoarding them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I just dont understand how they think adding a multi pull to Bronziums is going to hurt the economy. On one hand you have people who spend their ally points as they acrue it, be it daily or weekly, so they've already got their gears, shard, whatever. Then you have others who have banked ally points and (if implemented) can pull 20 bronziums at once, still getting the same types of gear, shards whatever like person A did, just all at once. So they get the same stuff, just once a month instead of once a day/ week etc. How does that hurt the economy? Its not like the gears in there are that great that they are going to imbalance the game.
    Heck, i'd bet if there was a way to multi pull bronziums, people might actually spend ally points more frequently instead of hoarding them.

The millions they gave out and increased income was meant to be balanced by tournaments. The bronzium pack was never meant to be run that many times. All that in mind means that you would pull a bunch of shard shop currency and other gear in greater amounts in a short time. This game is all about pacing and that is how the economy is balanced. Being that its random, it may also not be "predictable" enough at those numbers to knqo the full ramifications.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

The millions they gave out and increased income was meant to be balanced by tournaments. The bronzium pack was never meant to be run that many times. All that in mind means that you would pull a bunch of shard shop currency and other gear in greater amounts in a short time. This game is all about pacing and that is how the economy is balanced. Being that its random, it may also not be "predictable" enough at those numbers to knqo the full ramifications.

That's reaching. If you had just used up your AP daily/weekly you'd have opened the exact same amount of bronziums.
    Also, bronziums were avialable at the time of tournaments. They would have to have known not everyone would refresh toons for tournaments, so they only had bronziums left to spend on. If they wanted to pace bronziums they should have made refreshes a whole lot cheaper and leaving the income alone, certainly not selling AP in the GW store.
    Possibly they were trying to deal with stockpiled AP at the time aswell, that would explain the price and increased income, but being confronted with the exact same issue now just reeks of incompetence.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Yeah. They are first creating a forced scarcity relatively speaking to retune the economy and then they intend to add some more things to spend them on although when and on what is not yet known.

Creating a forced scarcity?

They added them to all the places we get them when they were used for a game mode to refresh battles. They pulled the game mode but not the currency. This flooded the market with coins.

They want to introduce some value to spending them allowing the economy to balance and then increase the usage at a controlled pace. It makes economic sense and is a good plan. If they dodnt do this they would never be able to give us anything too useful for ally points.

If everyone can buy something quick and without hesitation it actually devalues that item, they want to avoid that.

This is the same strategy used for the shard shop. Why do you think toons where introduced there for a while and then the Thrawn shard shop panic farm. Now we have gear. They couldn't have put gear in there right away with all the savings some of us veterans had.

Yes Kyno, but after they pulled the game mode they added the shard shop, and lo there was a use for those bronzium and most f2p players don't have a dearth of ally points because we have been buying shards. Whales have a dearth of all points because they don't need shards.

Clearly this is another move for the whales to further distance and push out f2p players.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Exacty. All while reducing appeal to new players.

give me a break the toons in bronzium pulls are close to worthless besides biggs..dooku if Sep rework.

You get a carb or gun once or twice a year. the low level gear is actually very helpful (some of it)..

Maybe pulling a biggs entices them to spend on ships. Or pulling snow to spend on troopers... scrolling to the screen might entice them to buy a bundle...

But please please drop the "OMG bronzium pulls are ruining CG's money making or ruining game economy' that's just ridiculous...

AGAIN losing the pittance of ally points does not bother me the principal of the taking away hurting f2p, minno2 dolphin to future benefit whale/tournie/hoarders.. and the hoarders should see benefit. But why lower drops for people who need them now BADLY

EDIT Again i get it's a pittance of ally points......principal....just principal

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Boov wrote: »

That's reaching. If you had just used up your AP daily/weekly you'd have opened the exact same amount of bronziums.
    Also, bronziums were avialable at the time of tournaments. They would have to have known not everyone would refresh toons for tournaments, so they only had bronziums left to spend on. If they wanted to pace bronziums they should have made refreshes a whole lot cheaper and leaving the income alone, certainly not selling AP in the GW store.
    Possibly they were trying to deal with stockpiled AP at the time aswell, that would explain the price and increased income, but being confronted with the exact same issue now just reeks of incompetence.

Yes, they could have done that but they didnt they increased the PO and gave us a bunch for nothing. I'm sure they considered people not spending them on the tournaments, but figured that wouldn't be a large % and probably didnt plan on pulling that game mode. Then when they did they dodnt want to take back all the changes as they said, so they let it go.

Or a lack of understanding of the economy that they have in place, but we can agree to disagree there. The current situation is the beginning of a long term plan, the original situation was a knee **** reaction to a game mode being canceled.
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Yeah. They are first creating a forced scarcity relatively speaking to retune the economy and then they intend to add some more things to spend them on although when and on what is not yet known.

Creating a forced scarcity?

They added them to all the places we get them when they were used for a game mode to refresh battles. They pulled the game mode but not the currency. This flooded the market with coins.

They want to introduce some value to spending them allowing the economy to balance and then increase the usage at a controlled pace. It makes economic sense and is a good plan. If they dodnt do this they would never be able to give us anything too useful for ally points.

If everyone can buy something quick and without hesitation it actually devalues that item, they want to avoid that.

This is the same strategy used for the shard shop. Why do you think toons where introduced there for a while and then the Thrawn shard shop panic farm. Now we have gear. They couldn't have put gear in there right away with all the savings some of us veterans had.

Yes Kyno, but after they pulled the game mode they added the shard shop, and lo there was a use for those bronzium and most f2p players don't have a dearth of ally points because we have been buying shards. Whales have a dearth of all points because they don't need shards.

Clearly this is another move for the whales to further distance and push out f2p players.

Just because some people see a value in the chance that you can get a toon that will then be useful in the shard shop, doesnt mean that people will use them that way. I know many people that had no intention of spending bronzium for shard shop currency as there is very little value there vs time spent.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I know many people that had no intention of spending bronzium for shard shop currency as there is very little value there vs time spent.[/quote]

No takes 45 seconds to go through what you earn in a day that baloney.

Now people hoarding them forever and ever GAMBLING that someday something like this would come along... YES I would 100% agree with you hands down...

Now a few months back they HINTED this was going to happen... i was straight up going to start hoarding but found I could not because shard shop broke. So yeah anyone not hoarding the last few months....that's on them...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Now people hoarding them forever and ever GAMBLING that someday something like this would come along... YES I would 100% agree with you hands down...

Now a few months back they HINTED this was going to happen... i was straight up going to start hoarding but found I could not because shard shop broke. So yeah anyone not hoarding the last few months....that's on them...

I held on to them when they had a use, and then when they pulled it, most figured something would come back in its place. That didnt happen and it takes way more time to go through 1M+.

It has very little shard shop currency mixed in, so not a value IMO, so I don't spend them. The new shop offers something of value, so I will spend them there, I'm not just saving them.

I have more than enough GW and arena to keep my shard shop flush.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I held on to them when they had a use, and then when they pulled it, most figured something would come back in its place. That didnt happen and it takes way more time to go through 1M+.

It has very little shard shop currency mixed in, so not a value IMO, so I don't spend them. The new shop offers something of value, so I will spend them there, I'm not just saving them.

I hear you. :)

What percentage of players fall into the Kyno flush shard shop vs players in Dkrek "homeless dude on corner holding a will work for shard shop currency sign drinking a bottle of fruit punch boones"... two extremes there as well what percentage in the middle ?

I guess only CG knows but I could make an edujuamacated guess

And like you said the amounts we dealing with are trivial "I guess...I'll take your word on it :) )

And I hope your right it's just for this and not a rabbit hole
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I would imagine more people are towards the large sum end of the scale, or they would not have talked about going down this path where they need to reduce the currency out there, before introducing a better system. That's my guess at least.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

I would imagine more people are towards the large sum end of the scale, or they would not have talked about going down this path where they need to reduce the currency out there, before introducing a better system. That's my guess at least.

fair enough...

I just hope their software is not just averaging the amount in play...

1 person with 10 million
    and 9 people with 0 according to CG every player in game averages 1 million and that's a Garbage way to look at that situation.

Anyway sir good luck on whatever awesome stuff lies down your path from them points

• Options
    ""I held on to them when they had a use, and then when they pulled it, most figured something would come back in its place. That didnt happen and it takes way more time to go through 1M+.""

THIS right here. "most people figured something would come back in its place". How long has it been since they did those tournaments? Definately over a year, probably over a year and a half. You mean to tell me they couldnt/ cant figure some other way to spend ally points in that time frame? Or are there really only 3 people working on design that they cant work on more then 1 item at a time? Really?

"That didnt happen and it takes way more time to go through 1M+" Exactly why people have been asking for a way to pull multiple since the tournaments. They obviously have the code, simming, if they had implemented a way sooner rather then waiting for it to get out of hand, this would be a moot point. So it goes back to not listening to ideas from their player base, you know the people that pay your salary. And why hasnt any @CG replied? Typical fashion, they run and hide and ignorenus when we are upset, which in turn upsets us all more.