Remove Clone Helmets in Character Selection Screen

Replies

• Harlow
    348 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Need some cheese?

All weve heard... helmets, helmets... we get the freaking helmets and now. Lose the helmets.
    Find another game. We dont have time for nonsense here.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Harlow wrote: »
    Need some cheese?

All weve heard... helmets, helmets... we get the freaking helmets and now. Lose the helmets.
    Find another game. We dont have time for nonsense here.

Sometimes you just have to make time.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    airdog23 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me but it's pretty much impossible to tell which clone you're picking in the clone selection screen now with their helmets on.

The helmets are all very unique. You will get used to it.

Only if they get reworks. Otherwise there's no reason to use them anywhere.

You could use them in assault battles if you wanted to. I did. You know, for fun.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's just me but it's pretty much impossible to tell which clone you're picking in the clone selection screen now with their helmets on.

You could use them in assault battles if you wanted to. I did. You know, for fun.

Sure, if they're already geared. I have plenty of fun with my Rebels in that one, at least on the Mythic tier.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Clones... Never going to bother unless I 7* purely from GW.

This is pretty funny though:

• informalities
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I had the same thought. I really like the helmets in battle. And I like the new poses.
    But you select a dude with helmet on and then get to a helmet off screen, and then the helmet is on again in battle. It doesn't make sense.
    From no helmet to helmet in hand to helmet on in battle. That would make sense. And the old icons looked better and was easier to tell apart.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Clones... Never going to bother unless I 7* purely from GW.

This is pretty funny though:

Wow too real. Same thing happened to my clones vs zOpress in TW yesterday :(
  • Options
    Kylo can solo a lot of things. Regenerators beat low damage output.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I've always told clones apart by clicking on em
    I like it better with helmets, more variation
  • Options
    And I can't tell two of the tuskens apart, but no one really cares
  • Options
    Each one of their helmets are unique?? You people confuse both me and cg
  • Options
    Locke4209 wrote: »

It's not really that ppl have trouble discerning between them, it's that they have to learn which is which. It's a subtle difference but that's the real complaint they are making.

It's different than the jawas who actually look almost exactly alike.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Yes, most helmets are unique. The clones found individualism and took both Names and nicknames and garnished their uniforms differently than others.

Cody wore all Yellow and had Obi-Wan’s Open Hand Squad symbol and a Mandalorian Kama.
    Gree wore all tactical green
    Rex has the distinguished honor of wearing the Mandalorian Eyes on his helmet as well as wearing the Mandalorian Kama
  • Options

Yes, most helmets are unique. The clones found individualism and took both Names and nicknames and garnished their uniforms differently than others.

Cody wore all Yellow and wore Obi-Wan’s Open Hand Squad symbol and wears a Mandalorian Kama.
    Gree wore all tactical green
    Rex has the distinguished honor of wearing the Mandalorian Eyes on his helmet as well as wearing the Mandalorian Kama

Lol. This kinda proves what I was saying. It's easy if you're already an expert, but that's a lot of gibberish to learn for the rest.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lol. This kinda proves what I was saying. It's easy if you're already an expert, but that's a lot of gibberish to learn for the rest.
    "Rex has eyes on his helmet," doesn't sound like gibberish even for the lay. And that's all you really need to tell his helmet apart.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    They already had it right with Gar Saxon is the point. Just do that again.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "Rex has eyes on his helmet," doesn't sound like gibberish even for the lay. And that's all you really need to tell his helmet apart.

Not exactly what he said, even though you used quotes. But you're missing my point. I'm just explaining that what irritates people is the fact they now have trouble knowing who is who. They'll get used it (I think you said that already in another post) but that is their frustration. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    This has to stop. At some point, this has to stop.
  • Options
    Not exactly what he said, even though you used quotes. But you're missing my point. I'm just explaining that what irritates people is the fact they now have trouble knowing who is who. They'll get used it (I think you said that already in another post) but that is their frustration. That's all I'm saying.
    Paraphrasing is still an acceptable use of quotation marks.

That said?

Before the change, setting aside subtle differences, we had the blonde, the one with the helmet, and three guys with the same face. After the change, setting aside subtle differences, we have the green one, the yellow one, and the three blue ones. There's no issue that wasn't already there.

And as subtle differences go, the three blue guys being differentiated by looking left, right, and forward is pretty straightforward, even if you aren't versed in the other minor differences.

It's hard to put any serious argument that the clones are harder to tell apart now. It'll just take a spot of getting used to.
    Still not a he.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Assuming you have zero knowledge of Clones, Jawa, Tuskin or any other characters that look similar from actual Star Wars sources that have been in print, movie or TV for over a decade now, there are still in game ways to differentiate them.

If you honestly can’t see Chief Nibit wears an outer cloak like he did in Episode 4 then I don’t know what to tell you. All the characters have distinguished features to separate them and know who you are picking from the lineup of faces. If you don’t know your own roster, that is on the player who does not take the time to realize the full potential of what they have.
  • Options
    I can't tell my clones apart anymore. Where did these helmets come from? They need to go.
  • Options

Sure, if they're already geared. I have plenty of fun with my Rebels in that one, at least on the Mythic tier.

You don't need a lot of gear to get some use out of them. They can clear the first two tiers at g8-9 with decent mods. Cody's 212th Attack ability is great fun, especially when it resets every turn. And Rex has many uses, so is deserving of any gear you can give him.
  • Options
    Paraphrasing is still an acceptable use of quotation marks.

That said?

Before the change, setting aside subtle differences, we had the blonde, the one with the helmet, and three guys with the same face. After the change, setting aside subtle differences, we have the green one, the yellow one, and the three blue ones. There's no issue that wasn't already there.

And as subtle differences go, the three blue guys being differentiated by looking left, right, and forward is pretty straightforward, even if you aren't versed in the other minor differences.

It's hard to put any serious argument that the clones are harder to tell apart now. It'll just take a spot of getting used to.

Go back to school.

"Paraphrasing is not the same as quoting. A direct quotation uses the exact phrasing of a source, word for word, indicated through quotation marks and citation of the author. Paraphrasing does not rely on repeating what someone else says; it explains someone else's ideas in different terms."

"Paraphrasing is also different from a summary. A summary fully recaps a source you have read or a passage of information, but in a much more condensed version. Paraphrasing is more specific and restates information with the same depth of detail, but in different words."

quoted directly from: https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-to-paraphrase-definition-examples.html

That being said, I like the helmets and will figure them out once I unlock them all.
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Go back to school.

"Paraphrasing is not the same as quoting. A direct quotation uses the exact phrasing of a source, word for word, indicated through quotation marks and citation of the author. Paraphrasing does not rely on repeating what someone else says; it explains someone else's ideas in different terms."

"Paraphrasing is also different from a summary. A summary fully recaps a source you have read or a passage of information, but in a much more condensed version. Paraphrasing is more specific and restates information with the same depth of detail, but in different words."

quoted directly from: https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-to-paraphrase-definition-examples.html

That being said, I like the helmets and will figure them out once I unlock them all.
    Get over yourself.

That link is for formal writing, and only one use of quotation marks.

This forum is not formal writing, and there are other uses for quotation marks, especially in casual parlance. Informal is not necessarily wrong. And in this case? You are correcting me on nothing.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    i would like to see their faces in character selection and helmets in combat
  • Options
    Go back to school.

Get over yourself.

This forum is not formal writing, and there are other uses for quotation marks, especially in casual parlance. Informal is not necessarily wrong. And in this case? You are correcting me on nothing.

fld.gif
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Go back to school.

Get over yourself.

Actually, formal or not, paraphrasing by definition excludes quotation marks. If you quotes in the context of repeating what someone said, you are quoting, not paraphrasing.
  • Options
    I guess im just trolling, but dont they have names under their pictures?
  • Options
    Eutus wrote: »
    I guess im just trolling, but dont they have names under their pictures?
    Troll! :p

Yeah they do but who reads names when you have pictures to look at?! ;)
  • Options
    Hahaha.

The clones are identical (nearly) with their helmets because they have the same uniform.
    The clones are identical without their helmets because they are clones and have the same face.

There are only so many ways to make them unique in a selection screen. They're far easier to tell apart than Biggs/Wedge in the ships or any of the Jawas.