Remove Clone Helmets in Character Selection Screen

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Eutus wrote: »
    I guess im just trolling, but dont they have names under their pictures?

Honestly, I forgot that was there lol. No names on battle squad selection screens though. Same issue, though not quite as bad, as Jawas.
  • Options
    Cody and Sarge are pretty easy to tell apart... but for Rex, Fives, and Echo, just look at how their helmets are facing. Rex is leaning to the right, echo is looking straight forward, fives is looking up. They did the same thing with the geonosians a year or so ago (they changed their portraits) so you could tell them apart easier. Plus, the devs have clearly put a lot of effort into each of the helmets (I mean just look at them) so I don’t think they’d want to hide them or anything.
    Also, the clones are literally the same person. For me it’s easier to tell them apart now. Plus, they all look way cooler and more intimidating (I mean the only one anyone uses is Rex but the point still stands) and when they had their helmets off, I couldn’t take them seriously as clone troopers.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Cody and Sarge are pretty easy to tell apart... but for Rex, Fives, and Echo, just look at how their helmets are facing. Rex is leaning to the right, echo is looking straight forward, fives is looking up. They did the same thing with the geonosians a year or so ago (they changed their portraits) so you could tell them apart easier. Plus, the devs have clearly put a lot of effort into each of the helmets (I mean just look at them) so I don’t think they’d want to hide them or anything.
    Also, the clones are literally the same person. For me it’s easier to tell them apart now. Plus, they all look way cooler and more intimidating (I mean the only one anyone uses is Rex but the point still stands) and when they had their helmets off, I couldn’t take them seriously as clone troopers.

The clones were all Jango template, but they are individuals with unique personalities. Clone Wars made it very clear. This is also the reason they were not used as Imperial Stormtroopers. Palpatine wanted uniformity and adherence to Imperial Rule, not individual thinking.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

The clones were all Jango template, but they are individuals with unique personalities. Clone Wars made it very clear. This is also the reason they were not used as Imperial Stormtroopers. Palpatine wanted uniformity and adherence to Imperial Rule, not individual thinking.

I am perfectly aware of this.... but I argued that they looked similar in appearance (their faces) and that their armor (helmets) differed, and by extension their personalities, as the clones often expressed themselves with their armor.
    Also, Palpatine used the clones as storm troopers initially, and stopped for the reasons you said above, but more so that the clones were an inefficient work force (concerning manufacturing) as it takes 10 years (I think) to raise and train the clones, and training for stormtroopers was much shorter. There’s also the fact that clones were meant specifically for the front lines of battle, and stormtroopers were more of a peacekeeping force.
    Even still some clones remained loyal to the empire long after their dismissal, for example Cody trained stormtroopers, and some (at least in legends) remained as stormtroopers. I believe there was also a royal Guard clone at one point (in a certain comic).
    But either way what I was saying was that their helmets are more distinct than their faces.
  • Options
    Don't forget, the clones were genetically sabotaged and based off a gene store that was no longer available once Jango died, and was actively deteriorating. So continued use of clones would have required the creation of an entirely new clone species based on a new template.

Also, the Jango series clones were genetically sabotaged. They didn't just grow up several times as fast as humans. They aged several times as fast. Many if not most of them stayed in the military and served as early stormtroopers and other positions, but within a decade or two, the vast majority of them had aged out of military service. "Old man" Rex in Rebels is maybe thirty years old.

For the new standing army, fast aging is a detriment, not a benefit. And while he could have commissioned a regular-aging clone line, it's way more practical and cost-effective to just draw on the existing population of the galaxy, recruiting people with a salary and good dental coverage.
    Still not a he.