Player Courtesy

Replies

• Options
    I go to war with whoever snipes me.. Haha certain names I'll always fight. Just very competitive. It's one of the few things that keep me entertained in this game. I think they enjoy it too.. Hahaha I'll never know.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    It is very easy to figure out how many people in your server that have the same payout time with you. There was one day I start moving up from 4pm. I observe and record down the name and rank of every player ahead of of me. Then I keep refreshing and observing the rank,clearly there are 3 names moving up the rank pretty fast while others remain unchanged or lose ranks. There are another 2 more players usually behind me who have the same payout time and their behaviour is always constant. Everyone in my server seems to follow this rule and it is a win-win situation.
  • Dilligaf
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Lol people are mean
    Roger roger
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    Options
    Two men enter one man leaves!
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    Options
    This is kind of silly. This is a game. You are specifically talking about pvp as well. There is no hug circle in pvp. I would bet that most people do not care one way or the other.

I don't know anyones payout time other than mine. I don't really care to know their times either. I don't even look at the names. I look at the makeup of their team and I attack or I don't. If I end up attacking an ally, so be it. Allies are only used outside of pvp. That is their purpose.

If I can position myself for a better rank outside of my payout time I will absolutely do so. It might work in my favor or it might not.

At the end of the day it is just a game and you shouldn't let it bother you.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    er huh? i'm no psychic how would I know when someone elses payout time is? IF I knew 100% for sure when someones payout time was and it didn't impact me to wait say 5 minutes? sure no biggie, but I don't have a clue when anyones payout is.
  • Options
    These things happen from time to time. Normally, when someone snipes me on my payout, I will wait till I fall to 4th to snipe them on their pay out.

If I'm petty enough, I will lock them out of number 1 for a week or two till they realise I have pretty much endless refreshes and can start locking down 20 mins before payout.

It's been a lot more civilised ever since, except for the random nutter that breaks through once every few weeks.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    When I am far from my payout time, I usually fight for rank #2, never #1. And people tends to avoid me targeting the #1.

I found #2 as a safe place to live, running for #1 in the right time.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    As a rule I wont jump up to first or close until a couple of minutes after the hour. I did so today just before the hour when I wasn't paying attention....felt bad lol.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yesterday i was leaving the house at 5pm and coming back at 7pm, so i made the call to go to second and hope no one would hit back - its quite often players not being around at thier reward time
    {RotE}
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, while I aim for top 5 daily, I don't aim for top 1 daily. I don't want to kill the fun for others and the overall health of the game.

Besides, what so fun about being number one everyday.
  • Options
    I do all my attacks before my payout time. Lately I've been slacking on it but I don't track people's pay outs. Sometimes if I didn't do all 5 I'll finish the last few attacks right before reset
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Come down come down to the Arena. Its dog eat dog, there is no etiquette other than dont cheat.
  • Options
    I usually finish top 5 and start my climb around 15-20. I remember which players have the same pay out time as me, so I avoid them climbing the ladder. Its counterproductive to knock them back, cause they will target you with their next attack and so on. After 5 fights you'll still be at 15. Once I get to the top 5 everything goes. Sometimes I don't even have to lock myself out once I'm 1st because I know the players at rank 2-5 have a different reward time.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I typically don't mess with top 10 unless im in my payout hour. There just isn't a reason for me to waste attempts early in the day. That being said, it's total war from 4:45 to 5:59 pm. I don't care who lands where, my goal is #1. There is a guy on my shard that fights to maintain 1st place throughout the day. It's rather annoying because I know he isn't competing with my time zone. I'm not sure why he does it, other than the fact the he wants the option to make a 1 spot snipe in his time frame.
  • Options
    I added one guy, Zoggan Bowcaster to friends because we are constantly top 5.

He sniped me one day.

So I unfriended him and sniped him the next day.

I keep spendin most of my life, livin in a Star Wars gangsta paradise
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I'm with Lokai, how do you know when people's pay-out times are?

Besides not knowing (and I've seen various people in my top twenty operating at different times of day), there's also the fact that you have to set aside a whole 45 minute period for arena (almost double that if, like me, you can only reach #1 with extra battles and a dose of luck). I can't possibly set that time aside every day and hold down a job. So I find moments when I can to sneak in a game (which also avoids me having the tedium of waiting for the cooldown).

Finally, not all attacks are about sniping: sometimes I have a battle because I see I'm in danger of slipping into the maelstrom that kicks in somewhere below 30th.

Sometimes I can see someone making a move, and if that's the case I do leave them alone if I can (although another argument: I'm not one of you geniuses who can beat every opponent). This is as much to avoid a sniping war as courtesy, but perhaps when I'm a bit more used to being the top 20 I'll get used to everyone else as much as other posters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you're in the same guild or buddies with a guy, it's PvP, not EMWITYR ("Excuse me while I take your rank"). If PvP is too confrontational, then play GW - PvAI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Suikoden wrote: »

He sniped me one day.

@Suikoden

Lol you are on my main server. I got sniped by KangChoo one day and since that day I try to arena lock him at payout time. What goes around comes around. Snipe me once and I'll snipe every day. I don't worry about 50 or 100 crystals.
  • Options
    Courtesy? Not sure it's discourteous to snipe and get sniped. I get sniped all the time and snipe. I mean it's pretty dumb that main source of free crystals in this game revolves around you playing between 5:35-5:58 everyday but Id blame the developers for that as hat is how the game is structured.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just confused as to the sense of staying up top for hours. I got sniped yesterday by someone who pays out hours before me. Kept a check on his rankings today and hes been moving in and out of the top 5 for hours. How is that not a waste of money?

I know 2 others who pay out hour before mine, so i leave them, and most people leave me except for bloody keth starkiller.
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »

He sniped me one day.

@Suikoden

Lol you are on my main server. I got sniped by KangChoo one day and since that day I try to arena lock him at payout time. What goes around comes around. Snipe me once and I'll snipe every day. I don't worry about 50 or 100 crystals.

Kang is an easy team to finish off :) I think I saw you first one time...I just sat comfortably at 2nd locking out a team by sitting idle 5 minutes near payout.
  • Options
    Doesn't this belong in the PVP and Rivalry thread?

In fact, I started a thread almost identical to this a while ago! :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/16866/why-do-others-do-this#latest

Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    LPT we have a group message on here for most of the top 10 of my server. We don't hit each other and know each other's times. It's great
    Ally Code: 911-389-156
  • Options
    I have no idea when the different people have their payout even though the shifts in players in the two months I've been top 5-20 hasn't been that great. And still even if I did what is the point. I try to max my crystals. I play when and if I can in a way to try and do just that.
  • Options
    I give up on arena.
    No matter what I do, between the time I go to sleep and wake up, I get knocked back 200-300 ranks. Not sure how that happens, but its like that everyday.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options

He sniped me one day.

@Suikoden

Hello Reyia, you are on my main server. Yes KangChoo is the one running a 7 star Lumi as leader. He always moves up around 4-5pm in my local time so I guess he is from Korea or Japan. Most players in this server seem to follow the rule every time I start to move up nobody stops me.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really get bent out of shape unless I think someone is going out of their way to snipe me over others.
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »

He sniped me one day.

@Suikoden

Hello Reyia, you are on my main server. Yes KangChoo is the one running a 7 star Lumi as leader. He always moves up around 4-5pm in my local time so I guess he is from Korea or Japan. Most players in this server seem to follow the rule every time I start to move up nobody stops me.

I wish we could pvp against friends against computer or manual/friends to get practice in with different set ups ie. I would be interested to have **** as leader and Ahsoka there to see results without risking rank...

The one thing that kind of sucks is dethroning Soul each time as I have to put in Mace to beat him each time..and then my squad remains as such. Kill Rey first and foremost asap when facing Soul and the rest is easy!
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »

There is one person on my bracket that does his hardest to stay 1st. Funny thing is, he is in my payout. I know this because before he got the big head and wanted to win at all times, he only jumped at my pay outs. Well I learned I didn't drop as much during the day finishing 2nd so that's where I would end for last couple weeks. He started winning 1st because I no longer went for it. That's when he started trying to always hold 1st. So now I no longer let him win and have once again started finishing 1st.

Nice story bro