Content Update 11/14/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    The analogy is way off I still dont see the advantage of creating a new weakest enemy. IMHO i think those calling it a nerf have very little experience with Bossk.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    The analogy is way off I still dont see the advantage of creating a new weakest enemy. IMHO i think those calling it a nerf have very little experience with Bossk.

Please elaborate on how it’s way off.

It reduces the flexibility of the contract, which reduces the flexibility of the character. There’s nothing to indicate that it wasn’t WAI before, despite them calling it a bug, especially considering how other contracts function. That’d make it a nerf.
  • Options
    Lets stick to Bossk whats the advantage of creating a new weakest enemy? Im trying to understand the opposition of this “nerf”.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    Lets stick to Bossk whats the advantage of creating a new weakest enemy? Im trying to understand the opposition of this “nerf”.

Ok, you’re in TB against rebel Scouts/Soldiers. The weakest let’s say a Scout, with the indicator, is stealthed. Bossk is up. You want to get your payoff ASAP. What do you do?

Normally, I would target the second weakest with Hunting Party and probably pick up 3-4 hits toward contract once it did enough damage to make that char the new weakest. Now that won’t work.
  • Options

Ok, you’re in TB against rebel Scouts/Soldiers. The weakest let’s say a Scout, with the indicator, is stealthed. Bossk is up. You want to get your payoff ASAP. What do you do?

Normally, I would target the second weakest with Hunting Party and probably pick up 3-4 hits toward contract once it did enough damage to make that char the new weakest. Now that won’t work.

Bossk will get you through every tb battle without a worry.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

That’s not what we were discussing, you’re moving the goalposts. Stick to the topic. Yes, he still will, but he’s weaker than he was before. That’s a nerf.
  • Options

That’s not what we were discussing, you’re moving the goalposts. Stick to the topic. Yes, he still will, but he’s weaker than he was before. That’s a nerf.

In no way does this change make Bossk weaker.
  • Options

I just outlined a specific scenario where it does. You’re being intentionally dense now.
  • Options

I just outlined a specific scenario where it does. You’re being intentionally dense now.

I dont think insults are going to help you
  • Options

I dont think insults are going to help you

Three posts in a row now you’ve 1) moved the goalposts, 2) ignored previously posted information and 3) changed the topic. These are all tactics used by people on the losing side of an argument. Good day to you :)
  • Options
    Lol it took you like 50 post and the only advantage to creating a new weakest enemy is tb where bossk lead will auto every match.
  • Options
    Lol it took you like 50 post and the only advantage to creating a new weakest enemy is tb where bossk lead will auto every match.

Why do I need more than one example? This is moving the goalposts again. You asked for an example, I gave one. I only needed to come up with one to make my point. There are others. Arena - Bastila lead behind GK or OB, NS behind Zombie taunt or if the weakest happens to be a stealthed Acolyte. In any of those cases, I could previously kick off a Hunting Party on a non-weakest character and pick up at least a couple hits toward contract by making a new weakest. Now I can no longer do that. Nerf.

• Options

Why do I need more than one example? This is moving the goalposts again. You asked for an example, I gave one. I only needed to come up with one to make my point. There are others. Arena - Bastila lead behind GK or OB, NS behind Zombie taunt or if the weakest happens to be a stealthed Acolyte. In any of those cases, I could previously kick off a Hunting Party on a non-weakest character and pick up at least a couple hits toward contract by making a new weakest. Now I can no longer do that. Nerf.

Tb is not a life or death situation by the time Dengar goes invisible its game on for hunting party. And his dts will still get you a couple hits in on the contract. I’ll agree this is a situation that it reduces hits to the payout. Unfortunately its a very specific case its not going to make bossks a shell of his former self.
  • Options

Tb is not a life or death situation by the time Dengar goes invisible its game on for hunting party. And his dts will still get you a couple hits in on the contract. I’ll agree this is a situation that it reduces hits to the payout. Unfortunately its a very specific case its not going to make bossks a shell of his former self.

Never said it would make him a shell of himself. To me a nerf is anything that reduces the usability of a character in any situation. How much it reduces the usability is another subject. So we can debate the magnitude and effects of the nerf all day, but it sounds like you’re agreeing that it is, in fact, a nerf?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Never said it would make him a shell of himself. To me a nerf is anything that reduces the usability of a character in any situation. How much it reduces the usability is another subject. So we can debate the magnitude and effects of the nerf all day, but it sounds like you’re agreeing that it is, in fact, a nerf?

In the tb situation its has zero impact on the out come. If your bh are geared and modded you’re gonna win. I agree its a change not a nerf. It wont reduce his usability it that situation either he will still be best lead choice in tb.
  • Options
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    CG wrote:
    UNIT - Fixed a bug where Bossk's “On The Hunt” contract could progress while damaging enemies that were not the weakest at the start of the turn

@CG_SBCrumb can you please revert the nerf of Bossk? That was NOT a bug...
    Seriously... I have spent a lot of time and effort (2 Zetas) on Bossk.

BH are not considered overpowered, so why nerf them any further? Contract: Deal damage to the weakest enemy 10 times. If the initial onslaught weakens the tank so it becomes the weakest enemy, then it should add to the contract.

Whoever makes those decisions must be pure evil....

I just tried my bhs in the Sith raid tier 6 ph4 3 times. ZBossk lead, zfett, z88,dengar and zam. All 3 tries bossk contract did not activate at all. I focused strictly on the blue target, which had the blue target prior to each attack. Killed both minions then it switched to sion as he showed having the blue target. I didn't count nor do I have screenshots but it should have been well more than 10 hits after 2 kills and 2 sets of bossk calling for help with his stun net thingy. Definetly need to revisit this fix. And I agree, bhs are not overpowered by any means and if a target does become lowest health unit after the first few hits any subsequent hits should be counted. You can't help if a tank auto taunts and then becomes the lowest. But i digress, I think the contract is not working properly at all now
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, this is when you take your conversation to pm's and not spam the content update thread.. lol
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Guys, this is when you take your conversation to pm's and not spam the content update thread.. lol

Its the mods fault for merging the original thread into the mega
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Its the mods fault for merging the original thread into the mega

This.
  • Options
    While I agree with 3P re: Bossk, here I was hoping to get a dev response to why the character marquees are suddenly level 60 required. My youngest son got a new phone last week and installed the game. He was looking forward to these 2 marquees helping his dark side team. He is still in low 40s so nowhere near close enough to unlock the marquees.
  • Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    While I agree with 3P re: Bossk, here I was hoping to get a dev response to why the character marquees are suddenly level 60 required. My youngest son got a new phone last week and installed the game. He was looking forward to these 2 marquees helping his dark side team. He is still in low 40s so nowhere near close enough to unlock the marquees.

Because they want to incentivize sub lvl 60 accounts to buy them.
  • Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »

Because they want to incentivize sub lvl 60 accounts to buy them.

Maybe they'll give an answer in song :

Trust in me, just in me
    Shut your eyes, trust in me
  • Options
    Boggles the mind there's a discussion regarding the "fix" of Bossk. He quite clearly lost a bit of flexibility.
    Yes, any normal person of course targets the weakest character if possible to fulfill the contract as quickly as possible. But you can't always, so creating your own target is a good tool to have.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I m glad i didnt wasted a zeta on Bossk leadership ability.

All the youtube videos which says bossk is in top 10 zeta are wrong (at least post nerf)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf?

Wow I missed something.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be an issue....only takes 10 hits on weakest enemy to fulfill contract....should be done by the time your finished the 1st round