Content Update 11/14/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Have you tested it out? Seems like it's a pretty small change that should only come into play with assists. It should still move from turn to turn. That tank you mentioned should start to count once you've whittled it down in protection/health a bit.

I haven't played with it yet to see what effect it has. I will try to in the next day or two.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I dont know....I run bh in arena and it hasn't impacted me at all but I only use bossk lead for certain teams otherwise i use jango
  • Options
    I don‘t get it... where does it say that the weakest enemy is now static? All it says is that an enemy who becomes the weakest enemy during the course of one turn, i.e. through the mass assist, will not give contract points. It should still become the weakest enemy for the next turn then as it says „start of the turn“, not „start of the battle“.
    So yeah, uncalled for, sure, but hardly breaking bossk?
  • Options
    Dont waste a zeta on Bossk. He is useless now
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Have you tested it out? Seems like it's a pretty small change that should only come into play with assists. It should still move from turn to turn. That tank you mentioned should start to count once you've whittled it down in protection/health a bit.

I haven't played with it yet to see what effect it has. I will try to in the next day or two.

True but It seems like it messed with the mechanics in tier 6 ph4 Sith raid or at least for me and one other. In the beginning of it you can target and kill the minions and it counts, then it will move to sion at which point it stops. I tried 6 times to get his contract to activate to no avail. It works fine in any other areas though. I went to amswershq and only one other had the issue. I just did a me too and replied to his or her post.
    But to the op, it really did make it more of a challenge to get off. I'm gonna see how it goes for the next dstb. Hopefully it won't be too much of an annoyance with all those taunts and stealth moves
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Hardly useless lol.....g12+ with both Zetas and he is unstoppable....soaks up a ton of damage while your hitters (boba, jango, embo etc ) do their thing
  • Options
    Just revert the Bossk nerf...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Guys, this is when you take your conversation to pm's and not spam the content update thread.. lol

Its the mods fault for merging the original thread into the mega

Dem mods and their weird merging habits making me look bad :p
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    1. Both zetas are irrelevant to fulfilling his contract
    2. Useful for a stronger Hounds Tooth
  • Options
    I don’t know why people complain about the fix on Bossk conract mechanic, you always have to damage the weakest enemy, but the mark is only selected at the beginning of each turn, so if it was counting other hits it wasn’t right, but it’s still the easiest contract to achieve on my perspective, for example Boba’s which if the enemy that took the first turn dies by a DOT you won’t get the contract on the entire fight

So what am I missing? Why so much hate on the fix?
  • Options
    1. They didn't actually fix anything. The description never said anything about "at the start of a turn".
    2. He has lost a bit of flexibility with this. No one's saying you can't trigger his contract anymore, but you can't create you're own target mid-turn.
    3. Other contracts can be fulfilled in this way, so there's no consistency.
    4. They messed up the contract for P4 of the sith raid with this change.

Basically they invented an issue and tried to sell it as a fix while ironically creating a bug at the same time.
  • Options
    Maagge wrote: »
    1. They didn't actually fix anything. The description never said anything about "at the start of a turn".
    2. He has lost a bit of flexibility with this. No one's saying you can't trigger his contract anymore, but you can't create you're own target mid-turn.

Basically they invented an issue and tried to sell it as a fix while ironically creating a bug at the same time.

So what I didn’t got in the past was that it wasn’t at the start of the turn, cause that’s how I have always played with it... don’t know why I missed it

But now I’m interested on the P4 team you mention, can you describe it? 😝 I don’t have currently use for my zBossk on the HSTR
  • Options
    Easy work around. Use Embo lead and there are so many descriptions that are not 100% accurate.
  • Options
    aperingo wrote: »

So what I didn’t got in the past was that it wasn’t at the start of the turn, cause that’s how I have always played with it... don’t know why I missed it

But now I’m interested on the P4 team you mention, can you describe it? 😝 I don’t have currently use for my zBossk on the HSTR
    I mean all players would target the weakest enemy from the start if possible. But often there's a pre-taunting tank or stealth involved and so on. So if you can get say 30% of the way to the contract by blasting away at the tank or the 2nd weakest enemy then you're clearly better off than if you have to wait a turn or two before being able to target the weakest character.
    Furthermore, since the AI is mostly RNG you kind of want the chance of you triggering the contract (on e.g. defence in TW) to be as good as possible because you can't trust the AI to pick meaningful targets.

It's not a great team by any means. I just happen to have reasonably geared BHs and they get the unique bonus from the raid as well so I use them as a C team kind of.
    Basically you cannot trigger Bossk's contract in P4 anymore. It stops counting after Sion gets marked as the weakest (when finishing off the two minions).

I'm continually surprised at how incompetent CG have been at getting the contracts to work properly in this raid. They clearly nudge us towards using BHs with the bonus they get, but they still don't want us to trigger the contracts (which are arguably the strength of BHs).
  • Options
    The bad targeting is an issue and it was a nightmare before they released embo in all raids.There have and still are target bugs on different bh leads in all raids.
  • Options
    Quick question then , if you kill the weakest enemy , does a new target become available before the next turn? Because that would go against the whole only at the beginning of the turn issue.
  • Options
    The thing is why did they not say it was a bug earlier if it wasn’t working as intended? The Canderous Ordo bug notification went up within days of it being discovered yet with Bossk they let people think it was working as intended, got people to invest heavily in him and now have them wondering if they’ll need to panic farm Embo or someone else to get them through the Chewbacca event the next time it comes around.
  • Options
    Caldis wrote: »
    The thing is why did they not say it was a bug earlier if it wasn’t working as intended? The Canderous Ordo bug notification went up within days of it being discovered yet with Bossk they let people think it was working as intended, got people to invest heavily in him and now have them wondering if they’ll need to panic farm Embo or someone else to get them through the Chewbacca event the next time it comes around.

That's what I'm most worried about. I farmed and zetaed Bossk specifically for the return of Chewbacca (I even zetaed him on the day of this update). So now I'm worried that I focused on the wrong character.

Oh and look another merge. Let's not discuss things out in the open so people can find the discussion they're looking for.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I will be asking for my money back on Bossk. At the very least they need to offer his zeta back. This is what we call false advertisement. You show us one thing and let it sit until hes farmable, then you go and nerf a toon for no reason that we can see. This nerf goes completely against his skill description.

More importantly, with this logic in mind, CG will have to nerf the rest of the BH, if they want to be consistent, who function the exact same way as bossk did i.e. gain contract hits in the middle of the turn as opposed to start of the turn. Jango, for one, will need to be fixed. Auras will need to be fixed as it works if they arent buffed at the beginning of the turn. It works if they gain a buff while using an ability.

This makes Bossk led BH a complete joke in tw and completely devalues him, which may have been the goal in the first place with grand arena coming up. This was a really bad move and I suspect google and apple will be getting quite a few calls....
  • Options
    Quick question then , if you kill the weakest enemy , does a new target become available before the next turn? Because that would go against the whole only at the beginning of the turn issue.

When the enemy dies your turn is over then the marker moves.
  • Options
    Just got to say its awsome bossk threads get moved but new character gear threads dont merge to character release. Payout threads dont get moved to road agead. Great job
  • Options
    aperingo wrote: »
    I don’t know why people complain about the fix on Bossk conract mechanic, you always have to damage the weakest enemy, but the mark is only selected at the beginning of each turn, so if it was counting other hits it wasn’t right, but it’s still the easiest contract to achieve on my perspective, for example Boba’s which if the enemy that took the first turn dies by a DOT you won’t get the contract on the entire fight

So what am I missing? Why so much hate on the fix?

Because the mark changes in contracts when other units meet that criteria. Start of the turn mark has never mattered for any bh lead. It works this same way for literally every single bh lead. Bossk now functions differently than any other bh. We have always played bh with a dynamic targetting system on contracts. Until now. For no reason.

It would be like saying zavage could only use his "overpower" ability to insta-kill toons who had less than 25% health at the start of the turn and didnt aquire less than 25% throughout the turn.

There is no precedent for this. His skill description never mentions start of turn and weve been using him and other bh for months with this mechanic. For them to say "oops we didnt realize this "bug" is comical. They are playing god trying to control the meta and for whatever reason they dont want bh to be meta...maybe because they are now farmable or maybe there is some future content that makes them too strong. Either way, a change like this isnt acceptable and for you to say "oh gee whats wrong with cg falsely advertising toons so people buy them then they change their abilities" is a bit ridiculous.

• Options
    I want to know what this means? What bounty hunter inflicts debuffs on themselves?
    4s10b4eiwc9z.jpeg
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I want to know what this means? What bounty hunter inflicts debuffs on themselves?
    4s10b4eiwc9z.jpeg

The Ai played the mirror force trap card and reflected Boba Fett's missile towards his own team!
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    4s10b4eiwc9z.jpeg

The Ai played the mirror force trap card and reflected Boba Fett's missile towards his own team!

Lol I would have started a new discussion but you know....
    I really feel lile someone at CG doesn’t have a clue about this game.
  • Options
    686vjg9g2hbi.png

This response perfectly sums up why everyone is mad and why this isn’t a “fix” but a nerf. Hey devs, wanna explain this????
  • Options
    4s10b4eiwc9z.jpeg

The only self-inflicted debuff that comes to mind just now is when Kylo applies DoTs to himself. Bossk's lead recovers health and protection whenever an enemy gains or resists a debuff. Before this fix Kylo (and I'm assuming there are others I've forgotten about) wouldn't trigger the recovery.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    686vjg9g2hbi.png

This response perfectly sums up why everyone is mad and why this isn’t a “fix” but a nerf. Hey devs, wanna explain this????

Yup it really is astounding that they're taking all of us for fools with their "fix". At least be honest and say "Yeah it wasn't our intention to have it work like that, and we'd like to make it slightly worse on defence" instead of lying through your teeth.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    686vjg9g2hbi.png

Yup it really is astounding that they're taking all of us for fools with their "fix". At least be honest and say "Yeah it wasn't our intention to have it work like that, and we'd like to make it slightly worse on defence" instead of lying through your teeth.

Open a ticket and ask for a refund. Of that doesnt work go through apple or google. They are more reasonable
  • Options
    Bounty hunter haters ;)