Don't even bother, chewy is bugged

FYI, Cewbacca's pulverize doesn't work as described. He doesn't dispell foresight and then misses the pulverize! Given how hard this event is he should be able to actually dispell all buffs and then attack.

Seriously.... Why word it one way and not have it work as advertised?!? CG will say it works as described, buuuuttt I personally disagree.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I could be wrong but the only dispels that will dispel foresight are the non combat ones like Assaj.

The only attacks that will hit with foresight up are ones that state "cant be evaded"
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance Trooper clears the buff after the dispel makes the attack miss - there's no damage but all buffs are wiped.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I could be wrong but the only dispels that will dispel foresight are the non combat ones like Assaj.

The only attacks that will hit with foresight up are ones that state "cant be evaded"

As far as I know you are right. But read the description for "pulverize" and tell me if you think it should dispell all buffs before the attack.
  • Options
    I think there's Dev comments on this in the kit reveal thread. It's WAI unfortunately. Thought it was gonna be great against Bastila et Al but it's not. He's still handy though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    beer30mn wrote: »

As far as I know you are right. But read the description for "pulverize" and tell me if you think it should dispell all buffs before the attack.

No I wouldn't think it would, but that's because any attack that doesnt state "cant be evaded" will not hit a target with foresight. But that is an understanding from being a player for 3 years.

Technically that is written backwards also, as cleans always happens after attack. So that makes it more confusing.
  • Options

No I wouldn't think it would, but that's because any attack that doesnt state "cant be evaded" will not hit a target with foresight. But that is an understanding from being a player for 3 years.

Technically that is written backwards also, as cleans always happens after attack. So that makes it more confusing.

b2 disagrees
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    This is a bad reason to "not bother." Chewie is great. He could be a bit better, yes, but he's still great.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This is a bad reason to "not bother." Chewie is great. He could be a bit better, yes, but he's still great.

I don't disagree. But nothing's going to happen until we get CGS attention. At the very least they can reword it so people don't have unmet expectations from a toon that is very difficult to get.

Given how difficult it is to get Chewbacca I don't think it's too much to ask to have him dispel every buff then attack just like the description says...especially since there are so many tunes that already counter rebels.
  • Options
    Resistance Trooper clears the buff after the dispel makes the attack miss - there's no damage but all buffs are wiped.

All 3 of the Omega upgrades that add Dispels: RT Special, Plo Basic (50% chance to dispel all buffs), and FOST Basic (Dispel w/ advantage) are bugged such that the attack will miss, but still dispel all buffs on the target after the attack was evaded anyway. Either way the damage is still evaded, which is what the OP is complaining about. Only non-attack (no damage or debuffs) abilities or abilities that clearly state "Cannot be evaded" can get past foresight.
  • Options
    Only non-attack (no damage or debuffs) abilities or abilities that clearly state "Cannot be evaded" can get past foresight.
    That is not true because Darth Scion's attack torment dipels buffs and does the damage even if the enemy has foresight.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    Only non-attack (no damage or debuffs) abilities or abilities that clearly state "Cannot be evaded" can get past foresight.
    That is not true because Darth Scion's attack torment dipels buffs and does the damage even if the enemy has foresight.

His skill specifically states the order of what it is doing. Removing buffs first then dealing damage. His is one of the newer ones that is stated more specifically.
  • Options
    Supermoshe wrote: »

It also says, 'can't be evaded':

"Deal Physical damage to all enemies and then dispel all buffs on them. Then, inflict Pain on all enemies for 3 turns. Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 for each enemy without Pain. This attack can't be Evaded."
  • Options
    We don't have the same description in French... It says litterally in this order : " Dispel all buffs on enemies, then inflicts damages to all enemies. Chewbacca earns a damage bonus and cc bonus. This attack cannot be evaded." Sorry if my translation is not perfect but it's close to what we have in french...

So I understand that, depending on your potency, it dispells buffs on enemies, and then the attack (only) can't be evaded.

But maybe I am wrong... ;)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Spharynx01 The whole ability is classified as an "attack". Much like KRU, Asajj, Sion; the whole interaction of their cleanse ability can't be evaded. Or in the case of the 3 I named, can't even be resisted. Anything that interacts with the enemy is considered an "attack": damage, dispel, TMR, debuff application. Best test is to run them under Ackbar lead. If it doesn't call an assist, it's an attack.

However, going back to topic, for Chewbacca it clearly states:

- Pulverize "This attack ignores Defence."
    - Furious Bowcaster "This attack can't be evaded"

Perhaps those two are getting confused/misread?
  • Options
    Chewbacca's pulverize shouldn't ever be evaded with how it's described. "Dispell all buffs from all enemies. The deal damage to all enemies".

Last time I checked foresight is a buff. The mass dispell doesn't even work untill the damage is dealt. If all enemies have foresight not only do they evade the attack the buffs don't get dispelled.

Unfortunately I don't have the know how to post a screenshot or video of this. Maybe someone can help me out?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say this but you're wrong. An attack should only dispel foresight when it dispels all buffs AND cannot be evaded. Sion's aoe is a good reference for that. Chewies attack is similar to Qi'ra's.
  • Options
    My interpretation is that, if the target has foresight, as soon as you click on your ability and it does not say "cannot be evaded', anything after that does nothing. The foresight basically negates your whole ability.
  • Options
    The way it is worded states that the “Dispel” comes before the “attack”. Therefore, the foresight, as well as all other buffs, should be cleared. Then, pulverize deals damage. Either, the wording needs to be changed, or it needs to work as it is written. As others have stated, it is very difficult to get this character. So, I believe it should work as written. It’s not like it’s going to change meta, but it will give an added boost to the rebels.
  • Options
    I may be wrong but basic Nest hit even foresight characters
  • Options
    Characters like Qi’ra, Chewbacca, Baze, Echo, Deathtrooper, and T3-M4 don’t dispel buffs from enemies that have foresight because the attack is evaded. Characters like Sion and KRU dispel buffs from enemies that have foresight because the attack can’t be evaded. This is WAI.
    Hey guys,

Really interesting discussion going on here regarding Pulverize. I just want to clarify how the ability interacts with Foresight.

Dispel itself can be evaded unless otherwise specified. So what you guys have seen in the Game Changer footage is correct. Enemies with Foresight will dodge the attack and Foresight will expire. If the attack is not evaded by normal means, enemies will have their buffs removed before the damage calculation.

Hope this helps!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but basic Nest hit even foresight characters

Because her basic cannot be evaded.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Really interesting discussion going on here regarding Pulverize. I just want to clarify how the ability interacts with Foresight.

Dispel itself can be evaded unless otherwise specified. So what you guys have seen in the Game Changer footage is correct. Enemies with Foresight will dodge the attack and Foresight will expire. If the attack is not evaded by normal means, enemies will have their buffs removed before the damage calculation.

Hope this helps!
    [/quote]

If this were actually the case the debuff would trigger foresight and nothing would be debuffed, which would be understandable. But the second part of the special ability shouldn't be dodged. The damage should still land since foresight is gone from evading the debuff.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

If this were actually the case the debuff would trigger foresight and nothing would be debuffed, which would be understandable. But the second part of the special ability shouldn't be dodged. The damage should still land since foresight is gone from evading the debuff.

There is no 'debuffing action' going on when the attack is evaded through foresight and so there's no damage dealt because of the evasion too. In other words the attack was ignored completely and that's how foresight works, except an attack can't be evaded.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

There is no 'debuffing action' going on when the attack is evaded through foresight and so there's no damage dealt because of the evasion too. In other words the attack was ignored completely and that's how foresight works, except an attack can't be evaded.

Bu it's not consistent. RT's special can be evaded (damage is not done) yet it still removes all buffs.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

Bu it's not consistent. RT's special can be evaded (damage is not done) yet it still removes all buffs.
    I'm reasonably sure that's a bug.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

I'm reasonably sure that's a bug.

There's definitely a mismatch between the ability wording and the mechanics. The mechanic lists the dispel as can not be resisted but the ability doesn't say that:

tjuaakl4rcpq.jpeg
  • Options
    There's a difference between un-resistable and "cannot be evaded". All dispel mechanics say "Effect is un-resistable".
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    There's a difference between un-resistable and "cannot be evaded". All dispel mechanics say "Effect is un-resistable".

Cool. Didn't know that!
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Hope this helps!

This is incorrect for 'dispel' as a whole - eg Chopper, Asajj will dispel through foresight even though their abilities don't specify they can't be evaded - but seems linked to abilities which do damage such as Pulverise.

As TVF says, there's inconsistency with how these abilities' descriptions match with their actual in-game effects. It's a little frustrating but by no means neuters the characters, Chewie is still badass.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    That's because of the fact, that AV isn't attacking. If there's no attack it can't be resisted because there's no attack that can be evaded. Only if a character will dispel and deal damage with one skill, it can be evaded by foresight. With not dealing damage it's always a 100% to dispel.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn