Can we have a 6x or even an 8x please?

Prev13
With all these new characters you are releasing with all the buffing and "flourishing" happening when they do a move, 4x is getting wayyyyy too slow in arena battles. If you do a mirror match between Bastila teams, you spend 75% of the time watching the characters do all kinds of fancy little movements and flourishing before they even make an actual move.

I don't know about anyone else but I keep running out of time even if I start off at 4x because I spend so much time just watching both teams do flourish after flourish after flourish after flourish after flourish, then attack! It's getting ridiculous. Please, give us a 6x or an 8x even, or give us the option to turn off all the excessive movement and flourishing. It's fun to see, but not when you only have 5 minutes to do your battle and most of that is you sitting watching characters do all kinds of things besides an actual attack or move.

Thank you, very much.

Replies

• Kudos for this suggestion! There are days where I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to the game and really want to get in as much as I can. It would be great to have an option to skip the battle scenes all together and just see the results. An older game that I used to play, Star Wars Force Collection had that option on top of even being able to see the battle logs.
  • Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • If we have 8x, then clearing time of raids will be going more shorter. I love it.
  • And then they will make more characters with slower moves so it “looks cool”
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    5kul7n7008e3.png
    Yup. Revan mirrors at the high end of arena involving a jolee on both sides is basically using 4x Auto as much as possible with key points where you have to manually target and use an ability then quickly changing back to auto to remove the time it takes to input commands.Even with that I often finish with only single digit seconds left. They either need to refund jolee's zeta and make that ability do something else or increase the speed to 8x.

Image is this exact situation, note that the game is on 4x AUTO, after manually targeting jolee (you have to kill him TWICE or you will automatically go to time)
  • Krjstoff
    632 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    "No, you can't. We didn't want to make battle faster a year ago, and we haven't changed our opinion on that. Sorry." - CG
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    5kul7n7008e3.png
    Yup. Revan mirrors at the high end of arena involving a jolee on both sides is basically using 4x Auto as much as possible with key points where you have to manually target and use an ability then quickly changing back to auto to remove the time it takes to input commands.Even with that I often finish with only single digit seconds left. They either need to refund jolee's zeta and make that ability do something else or increase the speed to 8x.

Image is this exact situation, note that the game is on 4x AUTO, after manually targeting jolee (you have to kill him TWICE or you will automatically go to time)
    I use revan team with Jolee against Revan teams with Jolee and it doesn't take more than 2 to 3 minutes to clear them up. I'm talking about over 20 different Jedi Knight Revan teams. Its not that time consuming at all.

Maybe stop attacking the tankiest toon with crit avoidance and your battles will speed up a lot more
  • 5kul7n7008e3.png

Revan matches do take a tad long (2-2.5 min on manual). That said, targetting Jolee first is a good way to make your match time out. Your first move should be smoking a squishy (either Yoda or Revan) to get the auto revive out of way immediately.
  • I'm not sure the game is really technically built in a way that handle going much faster than 4x.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Use Traya against Bastilla teams and you won't timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense

While I agree in general, these aren't things low level players can do, which were referenced in the post you quoted. I'm over 3m GP and I'm still working on unlocking Traya, a Level 75 player isn't going to have her.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

While I agree in general, these aren't things low level players can do, which were referenced in the post you quoted. I'm over 3m GP and I'm still working on unlocking Traya, a Level 75 player isn't going to have her.

There are other options to use against Bastila that don't involve Traya. Nightsisters work well, for example. A level 75 player won't be facing a maxed out Bastila squad like you will at 3M.
  • Ultra wrote: »

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.

Literally snorted laughing so hard. In B4 flagged for (deserved) snarkiness.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jkray622 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

There are other options to use against Bastila that don't involve Traya. Nightsisters work well, for example. A level 75 player won't be facing a maxed out Bastila squad like you will at 3M.

I was merely responding to the quoted posts. Which is why I said "I agree in general."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

My point was that low level players chose to focus on Phoenix.

I'm aware its the best route since you can get Thrawn / Emperor etc. but they always have the option to farm a toon or two and delay Thrawn for the sake of arena (wiggs for example can still be farmed for arena / EP event).
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Give me a few hours and I'll upload a video when its my turn to climb today ;)

• 5kul7n7008e3.png

Agree 1000%. I'm on a launch arena shard - mostly 7* Traya/Revan - full g12+ and 6 star mods on most. Arena battles time out almost 50% of the time now - and will only get worse. The combination of revive and heal (on both sides - Thrawn, Traya, etc. and Revan, Jolee, Hermit, etc.) with stronger defense mods and full g12+ in every slot, makes for very slow and boring battles - especially when combined with the drawn out graphics of some of their ability movements.

CG better be careful - they are allowing yet another game mode to get boring.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

https://youtu.be/qbwuYZWLh94

:)
  • Ship arenas also getting this issue now with Mace lead fleets including HT, Gauntlet, TFA and Anakin Eta-2. Even if those fights run well for you, there is a high chance you will not get the enemy fleet down in time because of Mace moving two or three times in between every turn of your Thrawn.
  • Ultra wrote: »

You guys still run Hermit? How cute...and the reason why you're not timing out. Also, that's not a mirror team - your opponent isn't running Bastila.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You guys still run Hermit? How cute...and the reason why you're not timing out. Also, that's not a mirror team - your opponent isn't running Bastila.
    It was the only team in my range showing that Jedi teams with Jolee aren't timeout teams which was @WookieWookie 's argument.

Yes its not an exact mirror team but hardly anyone in my shard seems to be running bastilla AND hoda in the same team. Its GK + Hoda or Bastilla + Jolee + GK as the most common

That's beside the point; I haven't had timeout issues with those lineups either
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    https://youtu.be/HQVS6JXvG4A

no Hoda

Revan / GMY / GK / Bastilla / Jolee vs Revan + GMY + GK + Bastilla + Jolee

You guys were right

We need the 8x so we can finish the 2 minute battles in 2 seconds instead!

EDIT: Please note there was no auto
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Pffft youtube. Isn't that where people who can't think for themselves go to watch really bad players make silly recommendations?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hermit isn't bad on offense to even out the RNG if you don't have the fastest Revan. He's horrible on defense though.

If you do have the mod advantage, and you can afford the -5 speed from dropping Bastilla, Ezra in her spot makes the match really fast. Likely you are gonna steal her buffs from the other team's Bastila anyway, so having that extra offense from Ezra makes for quick work. You can, for example, kill opposing GMY 2x with your first two moves.
  • CmdrS0l0 wrote: »
    Kudos for this suggestion! There are days where I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to the game and really want to get in as much as I can. It would be great to have an option to skip the battle scenes all together and just see the results. An older game that I used to play, Star Wars Force Collection had that option on top of even being able to see the battle logs.

Some days, I do miss Force Collection, like those Legion v. Legion Capital Ship battles. However, that game was not even a veiled attempt to get money from its costumers.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • CmdrS0l0 wrote: »
    Kudos for this suggestion! There are days where I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to the game and really want to get in as much as I can. It would be great to have an option to skip the battle scenes all together and just see the results. An older game that I used to play, Star Wars Force Collection had that option on top of even being able to see the battle logs.

Some days, I do miss Force Collection, like those Legion v. Legion Capital Ship battles. However, that game was not even a veiled attempt to get money from its costumers.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    CmdrS0l0 wrote: »

Lol - neither is this one.

• I thought you meant 8x drop rate: which would make the game more interesting.
  • I think if they increase animation speed frame rate complaints will increase also.
  • I remember I played with normal speed for the first while. Now i'm only ever on 4x. 6x and 8x would be very welcomed.