Can we have a 6x or even an 8x please?

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I think if they increase animation speed frame rate complaints will increase also.

I think if they do anything complaints will increase.

I think if they do nothing complaints will increase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I remember I played with normal speed for the first while. Now i'm only ever on 4x. 6x and 8x would be very welcomed.

I just got a new phone. Fired up the game, everything was 1x and I was all like "my new phone is broken!"
  • Options
    Sure is a lot of discussion for a simple request that no one would mind having.

While we are at improving irritating things, can we also get the mini cut scene in p3 HSTR removed. Bad enough to (still) have to restart a bazillion times (if any1 even still cares too), but to have to watch that every single time is just too much.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Use Traya against Bastilla teams and you won't timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense

While I agree in general, these aren't things low level players can do, which were referenced in the post you quoted. I'm over 3m GP and I'm still working on unlocking Traya, a Level 75 player isn't going to have her.

There are other options to use against Bastila that don't involve Traya. Nightsisters work well, for example. A level 75 player won't be facing a maxed out Bastila squad like you will at 3M.

Thats not true, i run over Bastilla teams with my QGJ team. Its not good on defence but it gets the climb done.
  • Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png
    Yup. Revan mirrors at the high end of arena involving a jolee on both sides is basically using 4x Auto as much as possible with key points where you have to manually target and use an ability then quickly changing back to auto to remove the time it takes to input commands.Even with that I often finish with only single digit seconds left. They either need to refund jolee's zeta and make that ability do something else or increase the speed to 8x.

Image is this exact situation, note that the game is on 4x AUTO, after manually targeting jolee (you have to kill him TWICE or you will automatically go to time)

Increasing the max speed to 8x isint going to give you more time. As matter of fact, it’s worse. Because if it takes you 0.5 seconds to tap an attack, in 4x mode you just wasted 2 seconds. And if you had 8x mode you’d have waisted 4 seconds. @WookieWookie

• Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    kshark wrote: »
    5kul7n7008e3.png
    Yup. Revan mirrors at the high end of arena involving a jolee on both sides is basically using 4x Auto as much as possible with key points where you have to manually target and use an ability then quickly changing back to auto to remove the time it takes to input commands.Even with that I often finish with only single digit seconds left. They either need to refund jolee's zeta and make that ability do something else or increase the speed to 8x.

Image is this exact situation, note that the game is on 4x AUTO, after manually targeting jolee (you have to kill him TWICE or you will automatically go to time)

Increasing the max speed to 8x isint going to give you more time. As matter of fact, it’s worse. Because if it takes you 0.5 seconds to tap an attack, in 4x mode you just wasted 2 seconds. And if you had 8x mode you’d have waisted 4 seconds. @WookieWookie
    You do know that the battle timer has nothing to do with battle speeds? 5 minute arena battles won't be 10 minutes long if you do 2x speed

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    3 years later I can’t wait to see this post:

Can we PLEASE have x32!? x16 takes forever!
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    I'm not sure the game is really technically built in a way that handle going much faster than 4x.

I agree. I think the best solution is to increase the time of the match, not increase speed. Maybe 7:50? Because there's nothing wrong with a battle taking too long, only if it's too short.
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    KewlLover wrote: »
    Maybe 7:50? Because there's nothing wrong with a battle taking too long, only if it's too short.
    Sniping and battle locking is a thing
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.

https://youtu.be/qbwuYZWLh94

:)

You guys still run Hermit? How cute...and the reason why you're not timing out. Also, that's not a mirror team - your opponent isn't running Bastila.

Now this community is condescending to others? We’ve hit a new low.

But seriously people: The top players have everything maxed. The game releases on average a character a week. Communication is better than it was at the beginning of the year, CG has been updating constantly, and we complain about game speed?

Ok I understand game speed affects the entire game, and CG did make insanely survivable teams; but still! These could be the glory days!

I’m sorry. That’s my response to anyone who quotes this and annihilates me.
  • Options
    I'd like the option to turn off animations
  • Options
    Colin475 wrote: »

How would you know what ability the enemy just used?
  • Options
    Colin475 wrote: »

How would you know what ability the enemy just used?

I wouldn't use it all the time but most arena/ship battles are identical every time so I have them almost memorized, plus the buffs/deduffs should let you know what happened
  • Options
    Maybe 7:50? Because there's nothing wrong with a battle taking too long, only if it's too short.

It would be a thing, whether battles took 5 minutes, 3 minutes or 7:30. Increasing the time wouldn't really change much in that regard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

It would be a thing, whether battles took 5 minutes, 3 minutes or 7:30. Increasing the time wouldn't really change much in that regard.

The longer the timer the more it's a thing.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

The longer the timer the more it's a thing.

Not really, if the 10-minute cooldown is still in place. Locking and sniping wasn't a bigger issue in fleet arena when the time was at 7:30 minutes than it is now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png

You do know that the battle timer has nothing to do with battle speeds? 5 minute arena battles won't be 10 minutes long if you do 2x speed

It has everything to do with battle speed. If you have your battle speed at four times, then your battle speed also counts down four times as fast. Which makes what the OP wrote make no sense. And your point is? @Ultra
  • Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png

It has everything to do with battle speed. If you have your battle speed at four times, then your battle speed also counts down four times as fast. Which makes what the OP wrote make no sense. And your point is? @Ultra

You do realize the timer for the fight is five minutes, . .regardless what speed you play at, it makes no difference to the timer if you play 1x or 4x, a match lasts five minutes, five real world minutes. Every time.
  • Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png

The x2 and x4 is only for character movement speed not the timer. 5 minutes is still 5 minutes.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png

You do realize the timer for the fight is five minutes, . .regardless what speed you play at, it makes no difference to the timer if you play 1x or 4x, a match lasts five minutes, five real world minutes. Every time.

^^^
    It would make no sense if the timer went 4x as fast. Not sure what theyre thinking.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.

You guys still run Hermit? How cute...and the reason why you're not timing out. Also, that's not a mirror team - your opponent isn't running Bastila.

But seriously people: The top players have everything maxed. The game releases on average a character a week. Communication is better than it was at the beginning of the year, CG has been updating constantly, and we complain about game speed?

Ok I understand game speed affects the entire game, and CG did make insanely survivable teams; but still! These could be the glory days!

@Nihion I’m not top ten in arena, and nor do I have a Revan team. So I don’t really know how bad the situation is. But if your being forced to auto, rather than make the attack choices for yourself because if you don’t you’ll run out of time, then pretty much all of the fun of arena goes away. And maybe it doesn’t even matter at that level because they’re competing for crystals anyways. But what about when we get a charecter with twice the stats and abilities as Revan? The mirror team will automatically default. I think EA will have to step in and increase the timer (maybe based on team GP?) because the only place this game is headed is up or else the whales won’t spend.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

@Nihion I’m not top ten in arena, and nor do I have a Revan team. So I don’t really know how bad the situation is. But if your being forced to auto, rather than make the attack choices for yourself because if you don’t you’ll run out of time, then pretty much all of the fun of arena goes away. And maybe it doesn’t even matter at that level because they’re competing for crystals anyways. But what about when we get a charecter with twice the stats and abilities as Revan? The mirror team will automatically default. I think EA will have to step in and increase the timer (maybe based on team GP?) because the only place this game is headed is up or else the whales won’t spend.

I’m at the 500 mark in a 2-year shard. I don’t know what I’m talking about.

It makes sense that at some point, CG will either have to increase the timer, or increase the speed. And that time could be now. I would just like to point out that this could be the glory days of SWGOH.
  • Options

It makes sense that at some point, CG will either have to increase the timer, or increase the speed. And that time could be now. I would just like to point out that this could be the glory days of SWGOH.

It very well could be. I took too long of a break to know where we are. I do know that it’s currently completely F2P, while when it came out some toons were only P2P like Maul. And that alone in my opinion makes it better now.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

It very well could be. I took too long of a break to know where we are. I do know that it’s currently completely F2P, while when it came out some toons were only P2P like Maul. And that alone in my opinion makes it better now.

Very true. If you missed Jan-May of this year... then don’t look back at it.
  • Options
    5kul7n7008e3.png

The x2 and x4 is only for character movement speed not the timer. 5 minutes is still 5 minutes.

Yeah I think I ****** up on this one.
  • Options
    I think 6x would be good with a decrease in the time the animations take (looking at you R2, Talzin, and some others).
  • Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    I would mind having it. The current situation is this: even though theoretically, arena fights could be done at a normal speed where I could really enjoy each single animation, I am already forced to use the 4x speed option because otherwise, I would time out. Since it was established in the game, the already increased speed is not really an option anymore, it has become necessary to use, to remain competitive. This being said, if an 8x speed option was implemented in the game, the same thing would happen over the time. So it would take away "quality of life" from my personal gaming experience. This is not just any mobile game, this is Star Wars and I want to still be able to watch and enjoy all animations in it - without getting a disadvantage from it just because other people wish to skip everything.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I would mind having it. The current situation is this: even though theoretically, arena fights could be done at a normal speed where I could really enjoy each single animation, I am already forced to use the 4x speed option because otherwise, I would time out. Since it was established in the game, the already increased speed is not really an option anymore, it has become necessary to use, to remain competitive. This being said, if an 8x speed option was implemented in the game, the same thing would happen over the time. So it would take away "quality of life" from my personal gaming experience. This is not just any mobile game, this is Star Wars and I want to still be able to watch and enjoy all animations in it - without getting a disadvantage from it just because other people wish to skip everything.

U could choose nt to use it. It doesnt make u not competitive if say u are clearing arena fights in 2min at 4x.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

U could choose nt to use it. It doesnt make u not competitive if say u are clearing arena fights in 2min at 4x.

He said he would timeout many battles if he didn't go 4x. That's kind of the point of this thread (and the several others like it in the past couple of weeks). We want to "play" the game - not hit auto for the final 2 minutes (especially since it's back to being bugged and the target jumps randomly), not have to go "no animations" (if that were actually an option - but it's not) and not simply try to build timeout cheese defensive teams ourselves.

CG really needs to address this increasing issue (which will only get worse over time...no pun intended).