Nest is broken

https://youtu.be/QkLPVBOB6y4
Since the Update she loses her bonus protection without taking a turn.

Replies

• Options
    I hope this is not a nerf. Since Nest was one of the few chances of ftp Players to compete with Revan.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    From what I've been told, Nest gains bonus protection up proportion to her current health, previously she was gaining bonus protection based off her max health regardless of her current health

This is actually a bug fix than a nerf tbh

EDIT: To clarify, protection up is always based on current health rather than max health of a toon at the start of battle. For example, Jolee Bindo's unique is really good because it increases his max health by 30% and then he gives everyone protection up equal to 30% of his new max health (130%) before the start of battle so you ended up gaining more protection up
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    From what I've been told, Nest gains bonus protection up proportion to her current health, previously she was gaining bonus protection based off her max health regardless of her current health

EDIT: To clarify, protection up is always based on current health rather than max health of a toon at the start of battle. For example, Jolee Bindo's unique is really good because it increases his max health by 30% and then he gives everyone protection up equal to 30% of his new max health (130%) before the start of battle so you ended up gaining more protection up

That’s ****. Honestly that kills her entire kit. Not to mention this was done under the radar.
    The devs killed trust by first not announcing this was ever a problem, then made it worse by “fixing” her after several months without any warning. Sorry but the dev team messed up on this one.
  • Options
    Well in my eyes she was working as intended before. How long is she out? People have invested in her because of the way she used to work!
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

She´s losing the bonus prot without taking a turn, not gaining less bonus prot.
    also, that´s definately a nerf rather than a fix.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    OldBen wrote: »
    Well in my eyes she was working as intended before. How long is she out? People have invested in her because of the way she used to work!
    She still works the same against 99% of the teams.

She's just no longer good against Revan lead (the 1%) and is easier to kill when inflicted with Health down debuff (Darth Nihilus Zeta)
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Not to mention this was done under the radar.
    The devs killed trust by first not announcing this was ever a problem, then made it worse by “fixing” her after several months without any warning. Sorry but the dev team messed up on this one.
    Yeah the under the radar thing is underhanded. Wish they were more forthcoming about the fix
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Yeah that's a straight-up bug. I heard from someone else that she is gaining bonus protection based on her health was the change that people were referring to

my bad

EDIT: I'm assuming you are saying she doesn't get stacking bonus protection anymore, right?

EDIT EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMBpmQUfnjU&feature=youtu.be

Looking at the full vid i think everything is WAI
  • Options
    Check out Revens leadership with the zeta.

"When a Jedi uses a basic ability on an enemy with bonus protection, reduce the target enemy health by 10% (Stacking).

Its always been like this and Nests Protection bonus has always been based of her Health (same as zBastilla teams). Ive been having this happen to me for some time, couldnt understand it until i read revans abilities a little clearer and stumbled onto that text
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    that 1% Revan is the Team you need to beat to get Crystals in Arena.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    This is underhanded because they have known they were going to do this and I could have saved 100 bucks farming nest a week before double drops started...THEY KNEW but said nothing... this is why i don't whale on char.... i always laughed at though of going to apple for something but not this time i could have saved thousands of crystals...

this communication is GARBAGE.... IF YOUR GONNA CHANGE SOMETHING TELL US...straight up just you tryiing to milk people.....it's slimy

Edit...ya knew you were changing nightsisters you let people know......why is this any different...it was not even in the update notes.... so I STILL HOPE this is an unintended bug....

at least tell us what's up
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Yeah that's a straight-up bug. I heard from someone else that she is gaining bonus protection based on her health was the change that people were referring to

my bad

EDIT: I'm assuming you are saying she doesn't get stacking bonus protection anymore, right?

EDIT EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMBpmQUfnjU&feature=youtu.be

Looking at the full vid i think everything is WAI

Judging by that vid is does indeed seem plausible she´s just gaining bonus prot at a lower pace than she´s losing it.
  • Options
    I’ve done this same fight everyday 5-10 times for the last three weeks or so. Since almost everybody in my top 20 has Revan. Never before Nest died without taking a turn. I advised my whole guild to go all in on nest to create Revan Counters for Arena, TW and Grand Arena. I also advised them to give R2 all the G12+ Pieces so he’d be fast enough to take the first turn (so he can put smokescreen on Nest). All of these investments are gone to waste if this is a Nerf and not a Bug. CG can expect lots of Refunds if this turns out to be what i think it is.
  • Options
    lkd4yu9r1taa.jpeg
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie folks are a bit upset at the change without any notification whatsoever. Same happened with Traya. I get their frustration. Please work to make amends to keep the community together. <3
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie I have yet to play with Nest since the supposed change but is it true? Did you change the way she works now without telling anybody? Because i know this isn't something you just noticed about Nest you knew she was working this way and never once said her kit wasn't WAI and lead us to believe she wouldn't be changed. If you change her now you scammed everybody that farmed her and spent money on her. I know if it is true and she's been changed then I demand a refund on my Nest.
  • Options
    So have they "fixed" Old Daka's zeta yet so that her 10% health gain stacks are based off her current max health rather than her started max health?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I thought all protection gains and buffs are based on max health.

Revan reducing her max health would then make the protection added lower to the point that what is added is taken away by the damage done by each toon.

The video is almost 2 minutes in, her max health has already been reduced, which is why it appears she is not gaining protection.
  • Options
    I do agree with Kyno. Your nest’s health has been reduced to two bars due to Revan lead which reduces enemy’s max health upon hit by Jedi’s basic attack.

The max health reduction must pass a potency/tenacity check. If this only happened today, you may want to check if you reduced your nest tenacity unintentionally. Or check enemy mods if they increase their potency.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Revan reducing her max health would then make the protection added lower to the point that what is added is taken away by the damage done by each toon.

The video is almost 2 minutes in, her max health has already been reduced, which is why it appears she is not gaining protection.

Nothing to do with health, it's just a 40% bonus protection
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Nothing to do with health, it's just a 40% bonus protection

Yes but bonus protection is calculated from max health, not from protection.

Eg if a toon has 20k protection and 10k max health, 40% bonus protection would be 4k. This is consistent across all toons and all game modes.

What people in this thread are saying is not consistent is whether the value used for 'max health' to calculate stacking bonuses is the base max health or the max health after in-battle modifiers (eg health up, health down and the max health reduction from revan teams). Daka, for example, seems to stack health based on her starting max health, whereas nest's bonus protection seems to use her current max health.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    HeiLong wrote: »
    I do agree with Kyno. Your nest’s health has been reduced to two bars due to Revan lead which reduces enemy’s max health upon hit by Jedi’s basic attack.

The max health reduction must pass a potency/tenacity check. If this only happened today, you may want to check if you reduced your nest tenacity unintentionally. Or check enemy mods if they increase their potency.

Nah, i have not changened anything - neither have my Shardmates. CG changed something.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Actually I think the problem is that the game changers lost their test accounts otherwise one or two of them would have recognized this WAI so we would have realized it a few days before Revans event began.
  • Options
    Where does it say that bonus protection is based on max health?
  • Options
    Good bye Enfys Nest, you stood in the way of the Revan-meta...
    :'(
  • Options

This is the section of the mechanics of Fighting Instinct thar shows the calculation. Note the "max health" line:
    5hk2mdudicxb.png

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    go blame this person that made this bug report

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

and you "people" sa CG never listens
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

bonus protection or protection up will alway be based on health not protection

There are instances where an alive character can have 0 max protection

there are no instances where an alive character can have 0 max health
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    go blame this person that made this bug report

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

and you "people" sa CG never listens

Please add to this bug report to help highlight the issue. Let's move the discussion over there.
This discussion has been closed.