Weekly Shipments

What gives CG?

When the new weekly shipments store started there were 4 items that the normal F2P player could buy without crystals. 3 that cost credits and 1 that cost ally points. Today there is only 1 that costs credits and 1 that costs ally tokens. They also used to have useful things to buy like stun cuffs, other useful gear, and omega mats. Recently it's been character shards most people don't need and the ally tokens one has been lack luster, like today where it is lower end slicing salvage.

What gives? At least give us something useful in there like when you started it.

Replies

  • This weeks offering is horrible. Hopefully next week will be an improvement. Also I hope they use gw tokens again as I am sure most of us are now stuck with 200 we cannot use.
  • Going back to offering good gear salvage and omega mats would be nice.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    This weeks offering is horrible. Hopefully next week will be an improvement. Also I hope they use gw tokens again as I am sure most of us are now stuck with 200 we cannot use.

    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but next week will be the same as this week
  • They just went 2 weeks offering incredible deals on Maul and QGJ shards at absurdly low prices. Perfect for shard shop for either gear or GG.

    Also this week has really good value Ewok shards if you're behind. Much better than the pack for example.
  • The absolute worst thing is that by buying the QGJ shards at 100 GW tokens twice, you can never get back to 0 GW tokens without sabotaging a day's completion...
  • They just went 2 weeks offering incredible deals on Maul and QGJ shards at absurdly low prices. Perfect for shard shop for either gear or GG.

    Also this week has really good value Ewok shards if you're behind. Much better than the pack for example.

    Yes the maul and QGJ shards would be great for a new player. However, I'm talking about when it first started there was gear offered for credits that everyone needed. It was a great boost to the ridiculously long grind for that type of gear. I would take that and the omega mats over maul shards you can farm in the ship shop any day.

    And then there is this week what is this great value for ewok shards you mention because I'm not seeing it. The only one that is a decent value is the 5 ewok elder shards for 1 mil credits. The rest cost crystals.

    My original post is about how we used to get 3 great things just for credits and one great thing for ally tokens. It gave something the free to play player could look forward to each week. Now it's reduced to 1 mediocre item for credits and 1 mediocre item for ally shards.
  • Maybe I am alone on this, but I never understood why it is such a big deal having the "extra 200 GW tokens". Sure it could be annoying, but that is literally it. It is not going to do anything but sit there, and maybe get used if they want to re-release the 100 GW tokens for shards. So what? It is just an annoyance. If you decide to waste a full run one day in order to get to full tokens, then be my guest and waste your run. But don't complain about it because it is your decision. Again, maybe I am alone, but I just don't see the big deal.

    Now to get this back on track, I am upset about the direction that weekly shipments seem to be taking, as they used to have really good items that were worth the credits/ally points (in my opinion), but now they are just worthless. Please make the items better CG!
    I'm that one guy who did that one thing!
  • Gair
    142 posts Member
    Ewok bundle = 275 shards for $69.99
    Weekly store = 125 shards for ~90.00

    Also, why are these ewoks so high priced away and why is elder lower? Something is just wrong here.

    dx3j1h7lx82c.jpg
  • TVF
    7653 posts Member
    Newer content costs more crystals typically.

    But yeah we had a couple nice weeks there with GW for shop shard currency. This week is a joke.
  • Gair
    142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Newer content costs more crystals typically.

    But yeah we had a couple nice weeks there with GW for shop shard currency. This week is a joke.


    What about shipments? The pricing scheme is precisely the same regardless of how new a character is. So that point may not really hold ground.

  • TVF
    7653 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Gair wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Newer content costs more crystals typically.

    But yeah we had a couple nice weeks there with GW for shop shard currency. This week is a joke.


    What about shipments? The pricing scheme is precisely the same regardless of how new a character is.

    Not true. Look at some of the older toons in the shipments.

    Example: In my store right now Shoretrooper is 320 for 4, Boba Fett is 200 for 4.
  • Gair
    142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Newer content costs more crystals typically.

    But yeah we had a couple nice weeks there with GW for shop shard currency. This week is a joke.


    What about shipments? The pricing scheme is precisely the same regardless of how new a character is.

    Not true. Look at some of the older toons in the shipments.

    Example: In my store right now Shoretrooper is 320 for 4, Boba Fett is 200 for 4.

    Touche, but only seems to apply to shoretrooper for me too.

  • TVF
    7653 posts Member
    Shoretrooper is on the high end, so I don't understand what you mean. Right now I've got the OR toons on the high end as well, also Sion, Bossk, Zombie, L3, Rose...Meanwhile I have Snowtrooper, Cody, Ewok Scout, Ugnaught, and Dathcha on the low end.
  • Gair
    142 posts Member
    edited December 7
    TVF wrote: »
    Shoretrooper is on the high end, so I don't understand what you mean. Right now I've got the OR toons on the high end as well, also Sion, Bossk, Zombie, L3, Rose...Meanwhile I have Snowtrooper, Cody, Ewok Scout, Ugnaught, and Dathcha on the low end.

    The point I am trying to make is it still doesn't make sense. Shoretrooper was released on Oct 16th, Chirrut released in November a month later. Chirrut is low end, but shore is not.

    I thought maybe it was based off dates, but its making less sense looking at it that way. I totally get what you mean on the low vs high though.
  • Liath
    2408 posts Member
    They changed Chaze to 50 and didn’t change Shore. People complained about that but it didn’t change. Then they stopped dropping characters to 50 ever again.
  • Gair
    142 posts Member
    I would also like to point out that if Chirrut or even Shoretrooper was low, then Chief Chirpa absolutely should be as well as he came out way earlier.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The absolute worst thing is that by buying the QGJ shards at 100 GW tokens twice, you can never get back to 0 GW tokens without sabotaging a day's completion...

    This is not true for everyone. For example I had been stuck with 200 tokens since I was able to sim the galactic war. Every time I sim i would be left with 1400 total. This was due to an incomplete galactic war run sometime in my history. So getting the option to spend on him, helped me eliminate extra.
  • Stick wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The absolute worst thing is that by buying the QGJ shards at 100 GW tokens twice, you can never get back to 0 GW tokens without sabotaging a day's completion...

    This is not true for everyone. For example I had been stuck with 200 tokens since I was able to sim the galactic war. Every time I sim i would be left with 1400 total. This was due to an incomplete galactic war run sometime in my history. So getting the option to spend on him, helped me eliminate extra.

    You're correct. I meant the worst thing *for me* (and other players like me who were already at a multiple of 400). Thanks!
  • They just went 2 weeks offering incredible deals on Maul and QGJ shards at absurdly low prices. Perfect for shard shop for either gear or GG.

    Also this week has really good value Ewok shards if you're behind. Much better than the pack for example.

    There's no value in the shards. It's the same exact price as if you bought them from shipments. Maybe if they actually gave a discount it'd be different but they don't
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    This weeks offering is horrible. Hopefully next week will be an improvement. Also I hope they use gw tokens again as I am sure most of us are now stuck with 200 we cannot use.

    No, next week will be the same as this week. Just like it always is. It runs in 2 week shifts. Note the theme, murderbears all over.
  • please bring back more F2P non Crystal nodes. since you claim youre never gonna update the Stores again.
    No. Just No.
  • They just went 2 weeks offering incredible deals on Maul and QGJ shards at absurdly low prices. Perfect for shard shop for either gear or GG.

    Also this week has really good value Ewok shards if you're behind. Much better than the pack for example.

    There's no value in the shards. It's the same exact price as if you bought them from shipments. Maybe if they actually gave a discount it'd be different but they don't

    It was 25 shards for 100 Galactic War tokens in the Weekly Shipments vs. 5 shards for 400 Galactic War tokens in the Galactic War Store. And it was the exact same setup for the shards purchased with Cantina Battles token in the Weekly Shipments vs. the Cantina Battles Store. So I don't know why you think it was the exact same price. It was 20x cheaper.
  • Liath
    2408 posts Member
    Tygra wrote: »
    They just went 2 weeks offering incredible deals on Maul and QGJ shards at absurdly low prices. Perfect for shard shop for either gear or GG.

    Also this week has really good value Ewok shards if you're behind. Much better than the pack for example.

    There's no value in the shards. It's the same exact price as if you bought them from shipments. Maybe if they actually gave a discount it'd be different but they don't

    It was 25 shards for 100 Galactic War tokens in the Weekly Shipments vs. 5 shards for 400 Galactic War tokens in the Galactic War Store. And it was the exact same setup for the shards purchased with Cantina Battles token in the Weekly Shipments vs. the Cantina Battles Store. So I don't know why you think it was the exact same price. It was 20x cheaper.

    That was a response to the second part, about the "really good value on Ewok shards" this week. It's not a better value than the regular shipments, but it is a guaranteed 25 shards of whatever character you happen to need, which may or may not ever actually show up (or show up in the quantity you need) in the rotating crystal store.
  • My OCD kicked in, I sacrificed 2 days of GW to even my tokens back out lol
Sign In or Register to comment.