Weekly Shipments

Replies

• Yub. lame.
  • @CG_SBCrumb this is ridiculous, the weekly shipments aren’t anything more than an extension of the normal crystal offerings in the normal shipments with some high priced G12+ gear.

Remember when you guys had things like carbantis, stun cuffs and other useful gear for P2P and F2P alike?....yeah...Pepperidge Farm remembers -__-
  • 3 weeks of garbage shipments.
    Clearly this is a p2w store now
  • Yes i used to love the weekly shipment. Had several selections for the free player. Now its 99% crystals only. Sick and tired of them taking a good thing and scewing in favor of the whales.
  • Another week and even worse shipments.
  • Yeah, not sure why they started with 3 credit buys, then reduced it to 1. Just another bad image move.
  • Idk, there's 50 gold eyeballs in there. I didn't think they'd sell just the components, only fully crafted which includes the challenge gear. Pretty good deal to me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The ship omegas is a good deal, and the 5 omegas for 625 crystals (x2) isn't bad either. But why they don't put 25 guns in for 4M is beyond me - they'd get tons of bites and goodwill from that.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Idk, there's 50 gold eyeballs in there. I didn't think they'd sell just the components, only fully crafted which includes the challenge gear. Pretty good deal to me.

There's no crystal deals, they're the same price as in the standard rotating store. It just means you don't have to wait for them to show up in that store if you really need them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Also this post is more about how the amount of things you can buy for ally points and credits has decreased over time. There used to be I believe it was 4 items you could buy with credits and ally points and for a while other store tokens now there is only two.
  • While I would like more F2P options, this is by far one of the better weekly shipments. Bossk is a super valuable character, golden eyeballs, non mod slicing item for ally points. Not great, but not bad
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    While I would like more F2P options, this is by far one of the better weekly shipments.

You forgot "in the past month or two" at the end of your sentence. It's still trash compared to how it started and will continue to be trash unless they bring back more credit purchases or discounts on crystal purchases.
  • The ONLY good thing about the weekly shipment for us non-krakens are the themed 25 shards vs crystals when you prepaired for a legendary event but could need a little quick boost to get the last shards. Helped me to get 7* Bossk and then 7* star my Chewie in the first event.

Other than that, useless and rip-off (looking at the horrible ally tokens deal).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    The ONLY good thing about the weekly shipment for us non-krakens are the themed 25 shards vs crystals when you prepaired for a legendary event but could need a little quick boost to get the last shards. Helped me to get 7* Bossk and then 7* star my Chewie in the first event.

Other than that, useless and rip-off (looking at the horrible ally tokens deal).

Why is is good? Its the same cost per shard as normal shipments... 100 crystals per ship shard is pretty steep.

You would think with weekly shipments and a bulk purchase you would get a better price/shard.
  • TVF wrote: »
    While I would like more F2P options, this is by far one of the better weekly shipments.

You forgot "in the past month or two" at the end of your sentence. It's still trash compared to how it started and will continue to be trash unless they bring back more credit purchases or discounts on crystal purchases.

Considering as to how weekly shipments started only a few months ago I believe my statement was accurate. But yeah, agree on your second point
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Considering as to how weekly shipments started only a few months ago I believe my statement was accurate. But yeah, agree on your second point

We had the same shipments for three consecutive weeks prior to this one, and multiple times with identical shipments for back-to-back weeks prior to that, at least three times I think. When we had good stuff it was never the same for two consecutive weeks. So that's 8-9 weeks of garbage at minimum, hence my "in the past month or two" statement. Definitely more than a month and likely two.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    The ONLY good thing about the weekly shipment for us non-krakens are the themed 25 shards vs crystals when you prepaired for a legendary event but could need a little quick boost to get the last shards. Helped me to get 7* Bossk and then 7* star my Chewie in the first event.

Why is is good? Its the same cost per shard as normal shipments... 100 crystals per ship shard is pretty steep.

You would think with weekly shipments and a bulk purchase you would get a better price/shard.

It’s good because you know you can get 25 shards of the item you need instead of waiting and hoping that it shows up in one of the randomized slots in the normal shop.
  • Sometimes you only need 1 more arena payout to buy something, and normal shop refreshes several times a day, and who knows when the item you desire will comr back.
    Weekly shipments dont, you can just wait 2 or 3 days and buy some salvages.
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    What gives CG?

When the new weekly shipments store started there were 4 items that the normal F2P player could buy without crystals. 3 that cost credits and 1 that cost ally points. Today there is only 1 that costs credits and 1 that costs ally tokens. They also used to have useful things to buy like stun cuffs, other useful gear, and omega mats. Recently it's been character shards most people don't need and the ally tokens one has been lack luster, like today where it is lower end slicing salvage.

What gives? At least give us something useful in there like when you started it.

Yes I am quoting myself. To remind everyone about what the original post is about because it seems everyone deflects to an argument that the crystal purchases are good so that makes it ok.

The original issue with the weekly shipment store was that the first few times there were 3 items that could be bought solely with credits and those items were usually good salvage gear pieces like stun cuffs and carbantis. Things everyone needs. Then there was the 1 item that could be bought for 50,000 ally tokens, which was usually omega materials or something else that was good. Now these items have been reduced to one, five character shard item you can buy for credits and one mediocre item to buy for ally tokens (which until this week was just low end mod slicing salvage).

This is what the issue is, not the things you can buy for crystals.
  • Ah it’s that time of the week again. They’ve got progressively worse. They aren’t for F2P players
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Emguy wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    This weeks offering is horrible. Hopefully next week will be an improvement. Also I hope they use gw tokens again as I am sure most of us are now stuck with 200 we cannot use.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but next week will be the same as this week

You called it
  • I like this weeks store. I am terrible at saving crystals and end up spending them on gear. I usually have to wait around for 375 crystal, gear 11 stuff and the fact that they're sitting here all week is great I think. Helps me plan stuff out better around my impulsion.

More shards for credit or other currency options would be better though. Like Xanadu Blood and IG-2000 shards for example. It's an entire week so it's not as though getting a little boost for us will destroy CGs bottom line. Whales have already ponied up the cash for the bundles.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    My qualm is the omega numbers being cut in half in this weeks shipments. That's been my main bottleneck for a while now. Opened a topic about it, whoopa, it ended up in shipments subforum. Anyone knew there was one? xD
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    My qualm is the omega numbers being cut in half in this weeks shipments. That's been my main bottleneck for a while now. Opened a topic about it, whoopa, it ended up in shipments subforum. Anyone knew there was one? xD
    Does shipments even need a subforum of its own?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Does shipments even need a subforum of its own?

Ofc it does, where else would mods bury all the stuff? xD
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    You guys all spelled whale shop wrong
  • This thread just reminded me I havent looked at the weekly shipments yet. Good to know I dont need to look!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    The shop only had good credit/ally point purchases originally to get people going to the store to see crystal deals and get familiar with when it refreshes etc.

It always was and always will be an intended p2p store.

It's not a coincidence that the gear level requirement of legendary events changed substantially after weekly shipment was introduced.

It's also no coincidence that these harder legendaries are immediately followed by panic farm events Chewie > Revan and 3PO > Falcon.

Introduce p2p store, increase legendary requirements, release event after crystal dump legendary, profit.

It is what it is.
  • Then how do you explain this?

"CG_SBCrumb
    October 2018 in Dev Announcements and News
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today’s update will remove Ally Point rewards for all Events and Challenges that do not require energy and I wanted to give you some background on why this change is being made. You will still earn Ally Points when you spend energy as usual, but we have traditionally struggled to provide something compelling to do with this currency.

The Weekly Shipments are a good starting point, but the core issue is that the Ally Point economy isn’t balanced. They are earned from almost every action you take, but there are very few place to spend them and so they started stacking up in inventories (even more so before Weekly Shipments). As previously mentioned by Carrie, this is one of the reasons that we aren’t implementing multi-pull of bronzium packs and for a while, we had “given up” on ally points as a viable currency until further changes were made.

We want to do more with Ally Points, like additional items in Weekly Shipments, and address some of the concerns that people have had about having too many Ally Points while there is not much to do with them. In short, we need to tune the economy a little more before we can offer many more things to buy with them. That doesn’t mean we are going to be adding a ton of new ways to spend Ally Points in the short term, it’s just that if we want to, we need to give Ally Points out in fewer places.

Thanks for reading and I hope this gives you an understanding of why it was important for us to make this change."
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Then how do you explain this?

"CG_SBCrumb
    October 2018 in Dev Announcements and News
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today’s update will remove Ally Point rewards for all Events and Challenges that do not require energy and I wanted to give you some background on why this change is being made. You will still earn Ally Points when you spend energy as usual, but we have traditionally struggled to provide something compelling to do with this currency.

The Weekly Shipments are a good starting point, but the core issue is that the Ally Point economy isn’t balanced. They are earned from almost every action you take, but there are very few place to spend them and so they started stacking up in inventories (even more so before Weekly Shipments). As previously mentioned by Carrie, this is one of the reasons that we aren’t implementing multi-pull of bronzium packs and for a while, we had “given up” on ally points as a viable currency until further changes were made.

We want to do more with Ally Points, like additional items in Weekly Shipments, and address some of the concerns that people have had about having too many Ally Points while there is not much to do with them. In short, we need to tune the economy a little more before we can offer many more things to buy with them. That doesn’t mean we are going to be adding a ton of new ways to spend Ally Points in the short term, it’s just that if we want to, we need to give Ally Points out in fewer places.

Thanks for reading and I hope this gives you an understanding of why it was important for us to make this change."

To further bottle neck gear of course, soory you missed that