Why does it seem like Mythic Thrawn is buffed

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    They took away the invisible taunt that used to be there at the start. Used to be the initial barrage would be spread across all the toons. Now its concentrated. I used to 3* easily, now I havent been able to beat it.

No they didn’t. If that were the case nobody but my shore would get hit until his taunt was removed, which isn’t what happened.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Now... each of these various definitions implies thought. There is no thought behind retreating 140000 times to get good rng.

That's why players who use strategy don't have to retreat 140000 times to get good RNG.
    BOOOOOOM !!!!!!
  • Options
    I use thrawn, palp, vader, tarkin, and deathtrooper. All g12 and zeta on vader and palp. As long as they spread the damage I usually survive the entire fight.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    They took away the invisible taunt that used to be there at the start. Used to be the initial barrage would be spread across all the toons. Now its concentrated. I used to 3* easily, now I havent been able to beat it.

No they didn’t. If that were the case nobody but my shore would get hit until his taunt was removed, which isn’t what happened.

For me though, the 25+ times I tried only shore was hit before Ezra cleared his taunt. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a bug from updates.
    Idk it just seems like it’s become too OP, given how it’s been in the past. Before it wasn’t so much RNG as it was “can the damage get spread out enough during the initial barrage to 3* it.”
    Now? They’ll wipe two of my toons (usually shore and DT) before I get a turn
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I have zzthawn which helps get a turn in early since they gain tm when debuffed. zzEmp is the key with crackling doom doing 20-60% max health every time an enemy takes a turn. DT, RG, and Shore act as screening for Emp (if i had a decently geared Stormtrooper I'd use him instead of DT). DT reduces cooldowns to shut down a bit of damage and dazes on basic.

Ezra usually is close to death before I get my first turn due to crackling doom (-40% max health every turn he takes). I tm swp with Shore to get crit immunity up, then fracture kanan and finish off ezra. RG does health/def up which really helps weather the storm early on. I use emp to spread shock, starting with kanan, which really helps wear them down. I normally lose the tanks, and sometimes have to restart a few times if emp dies early. Other than that it's just a matter of gaming the rng.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I hope whoever thought giving the rebels this much speed and TM was a good idea is now unemployed. I beat it, but it isn’t fun at all.
  • Options
    I'm missing a competent Shore as I have 14 billion other things to gear up, rinse repeat.

Sadly seeing as my Sith team has hogged the last few months I haven't got back to Shore yet.

Oh well, maybe in 5 years.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not even going to bother reading all the posts because these threads are made every mythic and the answer is always the same:

"No."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I was wondering How Phoenix can play 3 times before I can Land a blow with both vader and Thrawn at 245+ speed...

That's slow.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    And just for reference I’m using G12 ZThrawn, ZVader, ZZPalp (All G12), G11 DT and G11 Shore

That's the team I use except all are g12. 3* it without a prob. Weird.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    Nic, if possible try to kill Sabine and Ezra first since they are the damage dealers for the team. It then becomes an attrition game from there.

This.

Without those damage dealers they don't have much.
  • Options
    Thrawn - palp (useless z lead) - vader (useless z lead) - tarkin - tfp. All g12. 3 starred it today for the first time, second try (2* up until today).
    How? /shrug
  • Options
    I was wondering How Phoenix can play 3 times before I can Land a blow with both vader and Thrawn at 245+ speed...

That's slow.

Exactly what I thought when I read 365 speed...
  • Options
    Its harder but doable. I used g12 thrawn vader ep shoretrooper and deathtrooper. Two starred. Its nice having a challenge
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not easy....every other challenge is for the most part so it's good to have a real fight
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Its harder

Nope.
  • Options
    I use G12 Thrawn, G12 Vader, G12 zzEP, G12 Tarkin, and G8 Magmatrooper. Magmatrooper is usually what saves it because with a Thrawn lead he gets 90% TM if he gets hit with a debuff (which usually ends up being Zeb's stagger), so if he can survive long enough to get a grenade out and reduce some TM on their side, I can usually make it through. I fracture Kanan as soon as I can so he doesn't taunt then focus on Ezra and Sabine. A culling blade can one shot them if they have enough debuffs. Once they're both gone it's usually pretty easy from there. It just takes some good RNG to get Magma debuffed before anyone else dies.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not even going to bother reading all the posts because these threads are made every mythic and the answer is always the same:

"No."

So you honestly think that with all the stealth changes that have been made lately, and bugs coming with new content release due to poor quality testing that one couldn’t have slipped into the event making them too fast? Or take away the invisi-taunt? Or make the characters hit harder?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

"No."

So you honestly think that with all the stealth changes that have been made lately, and bugs coming with new content release due to poor quality testing that one couldn’t have slipped into the event making them too fast? Or take away the invisi-taunt? Or make the characters hit harder?

I honestly think I played it today and it was exactly the same as all the other times. Difficult but cleared it first try.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    MVP is really tarkin secretly as hes reducing a bazillion damage you are going to eat. Plus TM reduction, just have to watch the retribution.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    It is RNG total RNG.
  • Options
    Iroquais wrote: »
    Thrawn - palp (useless z lead) - vader (useless z lead) - tarkin - tfp. All g12. 3 starred it today for the first time, second try (2* up until today).
    How? /shrug

Today it took 3 tries. Definitely doesn’t seem hard(er). But hey, maybe i’m that lucky.

• Options
    Beat it again with thrawn, tarkin g10, stormtrooper g8, Vader g10, and zzpalp g11. Took three tries and got lucky with rng
  • Options
    I had Thrawn one shot my Kanan. He's gear 8 but he has a lot of protection with mods. Thrawn basically one shot him with the fracture. I feel like they might have bumped up his damage a bit this time
  • Options

"No."

I honestly think I played it today and it was exactly the same as all the other times. Difficult but cleared it first try.

To echo this - I used the same team (thrawn shore storm dt- con zeta, Kren) I used to beat it the first go around. Difference being I forgot kill order and moved mods so my empire team is slower. But storm has 6* mods on the defense primaries. It’s a slog but have to be patient and get some good rng.

I think the rewards are just mods so if you’re getting frustrated just move on. As TVF said before these threads pop up every mythic event. Post solutions and teams that work.
  • Options
    This tier is just a waste of time and energy. Its not fun or challenging. Pheonix is all taking 3 turns apiece to my 1 toon taking 1 turn. My squad are all gear 12 and super fast and i can barely kill 1 Phoenix member. What a joke
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    This tier is just a waste of time and energy. Its not fun or challenging. Pheonix is all taking 3 turns apiece to my 1 toon taking 1 turn. My squad are all gear 12 and super fast and i can barely kill 1 Phoenix member. What a joke

sorry for being blunt, but you're doing it wrong. I can play this event 100 times and win 100 times. Ah heck, make it 95 out of a 100 times to account for incredibly bad RNG.
  • Options
    G

"No."

To echo this - I used the same team (thrawn shore storm dt- con zeta, Kren) I used to beat it the first go around. Difference being I forgot kill order and moved mods so my empire team is slower. But storm has 6* mods on the defense primaries. It’s a slog but have to be patient and get some good rng.

I think the rewards are just mods so if you’re getting frustrated just move on. As TVF said before these threads pop up every mythic event. Post solutions and teams that work.

At this point it’s common knowledge as to the team compositions that work, or the kill order. But if they took away the invisi-taunt, or boosted damaged/speed a little without any notice, it wouldn’t be surprising. They’ve done a lot of under the table buffs/nerfs lately
  • Options
    G

"No."

At this point it’s common knowledge as to the team compositions that work, or the kill order. But if they took away the invisi-taunt, or boosted damaged/speed a little without any notice, it wouldn’t be surprising. They’ve done a lot of under the table buffs/nerfs lately

The invisi taunt as you call is still there, and the rest seems normal, I think you are simply just remembering things thru a little bit of rose coloured glasses.