Order of operations change

What was this changed? Why wasnt it announced to the players. I get we dont have the devs direct but apparently someone does. Crumbs post claims nothing was changed but....

Replies

• Options
    We were not informed of a order of operations change as stated in op. Youre link claims nothing was changed. So which is it?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You should change your post in the closed thread where you speak as there was a known (intended) change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Where in there does it say nothing was changed??
    03zyrc04h743.png
    The sentiment in the highlighted parts definitely indicates an inadvertent change.

the red underlined part is stating the order of operations was the issue.
  • Options
    zr6v24ck9jqh.jpeg
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Don't know what's hard to understand about the Kyno posted. It talks about the change to the O.o.O. being an inadvertent (accidental) change, and that it is being fixed. My money would be on something to do with C3P0's kit that has bugged out some abilities like Sion and Zombie's taunts.

Edit: grammar.
  • Options
    False they say they dont know what caused it. Or do they?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    They said it wasn't intentional. It wasn't announced because they didn't mean for it to happen. I don't get what's confusing about this.
  • Options
    You've been a bit rude to everyone this week eh?

They may not know what has caused it, I'm sure they'll find out. I was merely speculating some background coding for our new droid's abilities could have broken something along the way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    False they say they dont know what caused it. Or do they?

so that last line doesn't indicate that part of the issue is that the current situation is that the order is not happening as described there?

also knowing what the issue is doesn't mean they know what caused it. Which is why they are working on a fix, meaning its not done.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    But stating the order of operations change caused this is incorrect. There was no such change except unintentional the way its stated in your post seems it was intentional.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    But stating the order of operations change caused this is incorrect. There was no such change except unintentional the eay its stated in your post seems it was.

what?

they are stating that something about the order of operations changed. That is causing issues and could be linked to other issues we are seeing.

I'm not saying they changed the order of operations, they are, but unintentionally.
  • Options
    But stating the order of operations change caused this is incorrect. There was no such change except unintentional the way its stated in your post seems it was intentional.

An accidental change has occurred to the order of operations affecting Sion's taunt. This accident change may also be affecting Zombie, and they are investigating. There you go.
  • Options
    Yes they are saying that. You posted the order of operations change caused this problem. This problem has an unknown cause.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The order of operations change isn't the cause, it is the problem. Sion taunting differently IS a change in the order of operations.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes they are saying that. You posted the order of operations change caused this problem. This problem has an unknown cause.

I'm sorry but I dont get the issues.

"something" >> caused a change in the order of operations (or something like that as explained by them) >> this seems to be causing the sion taunt and possibly the zombie not gaining of taunt.

they are looking into the "something" to make sure its fixed to revert the whole issue. not knowing what to call the "something" i referred to the issue that was seeming like an "order of operations issue" as described by them.

• Options
    Haha this thread is hilarious, I mean honestly dude who cares?? 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    @Kyno - no mention of Zombie in the official post. Can I assume that this shares a similar root cause and both will be looked at?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

"something" >> caused a change in the order of operations (or something like that as explained by them) >> this seems to be causing the sion taunt and possibly the zombie not gaining of taunt.

they are looking into the "something" to make sure its fixed to revert the whole issue. not knowing what to call the "something" i referred to the issue that was seeming like an "order of operations issue" as described by them.

The problem is that you stated the order of operations change caused the sion taunt issue. The sion change is a result of an unknown issue causing an order of operations change. Not vise versa as stated in your post.
  • Options

The problem is that you stated the order of operations change caused the sion taunt issue. The sion change is a result of an unknown issue causing an order of operations change. Not vise versa as stated in your post.

You’re mincing words just for the sake of arguing...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You’re mincing words just for the sake of arguing...

this. if you have any issues with my statement, please feel free to bring it up with CG_SBCrumb in a direct message.

I am closing this post.

Kyno - no mention of Zombie in the official post. Can I assume that this shares a similar root cause and both will be looked at?

Yes thats what Crumb thinks, but he has to ask to confirm. so if its not I believe the issue will be added to the list as a separate item.
This discussion has been closed.