Is new C3P0/Chewie event difficulty good for the player base?

12346Next

Replies

• AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    After the upgrade to hunters I got pumped. Fetts are my jam and tatted all over my body. The contracts idea was classic and upped my love for the game. After the first run with the difficulty of this eventi took the time and $$$ and I built a team around the hunters I like the most and it was a waste of time and $$$. Plain and simple, shoulda said you must have dengar.
  • AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    How about that dat though. I’m still interested to see number of 7* chewies attained vs number of attempts to attain him. Can we get some raw data here?
  • Options
    Total player base, we do spend money on this. A little insight would be , in the words of Montgomery burns, excellent.
  • Options
    Sorry fellas, but I have to say, this event is bad for the community.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry to interrupt your stream of posts but
    AlFuego wrote: »
    My point exactly, Dengar should be listed as a specific requirement.

If people are allowed to attempt the event without him, there's no reason for him to be listed as a requirement. Requirements are what you need to enter the event, not succeed. And beyond that, people are succeeding without him anyway, so he's not even required from that standpoint.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It’s not that difficult have a bosk in my shard with it 7* gp under 1.3
  • Options
    This thread has completely derailed from my original question/point. Most folks disagree with me, and that’s fine. But if you want players to work for a year or more to get Ewoks/BH ready for Chewie and C3P0 will they be worth that investment in 12-18 months.

I doubt I’d work that hard for EP now if he required g12 relatively obscure toons.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Why on earth would it take a year or more to get a team ready for any event? That's a crazy timeline. I got a 7* Chewie spending no money even though most of my BH were G8 when the event was announced. With C3PO they were all G8 and some were 5*. Wicket was G6.

Also both BH and Ewoks are not obscure, they're very good factions. Especially at G12.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Sorry fellas, but I have to say, this event is bad for the community.

to be honest
    not having dengar while you knew for 3 months that he makes that event so much easier AND having not a single good modset at all will give you a hard time getting your 7 star chewie
    good luck next round
    i understand that having good mods is not easy for a player that has played for less than a year
    but unconnected to chewie : mods are the most important thing in this game
    if you invest money, invest it into mods

and from my grand arena experience so far: people dont value mods enough
  • Options
    Freydwen, I would like to see proof of that all 5 still standing.

I didn’t screenshot the five standing because it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time. But I can provide evidence that I completed it with the characters in question.

6vxk6dtg7zsc.png

I have nothing invested in other hunters.

gn8nuijnqfbt.png
    csizsfh2xblr.png

There’s the unlock and a screenshot of the kind of mods I’m talking about here. I had my fastest arena set on Bossk.

For comparison, I lazily tried at first to beat it with my BH’s regular mods that they wear for TW. When R2 didn’t stealth, I still couldn’t do it. You can see Bossk’s original mod speed in the screenshot. If you really don’t want to use Dengar, gear up more and improve their mods.
  • Options

No, that’s the wrong lesson to take from this. (The right lesson is to learn how to quote reply to multiple replies in one post)

If they make Dengar required then they’re doing the thing you claim—going for the money. A lot of people have high-gear Bounty Hunters and are able to do the event, with difficulty, without Dengar. It sucks, but they can do it. If Dengar is required they can’t.

Now you might be thinking “Then make it easier without him,” at which point the next stage of that argument it “Just give him to anyone with 5 g11, 7* Bounty Hunters, no event required.” At what point do requests stop being reasonable and just boil down to “give me the thing?”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

No, that’s the wrong lesson to take from this. (The right lesson is to learn how to quote reply to multiple replies in one post)

If they make Dengar required then they’re doing the thing you claim—going for the money. A lot of people have high-gear Bounty Hunters and are able to do the event, with difficulty, without Dengar. It sucks, but they can do it. If Dengar is required they can’t.

Now you might be thinking “Then make it easier without him,” at which point the next stage of that argument it “Just give him to anyone with 5 g11, 7* Bounty Hunters, no event required.” At what point do requests stop being reasonable and just boil down to “give me the thing?”

Exactly
  • Options

Eh...most of the early legendaries were pretty much like this. If you met the requirements and had modest gear on them you were generally good...
  • Options

Eh...most of the early legendaries were pretty much like this. If you met the requirements and had modest gear on them you were generally good...

.......No they were not! Yoda was nearly impossible so they toned down the difficulty, and Palpatine is easy now but back when the maximum level was 60 and gear topped out at 8 it was significantly harder!
  • Options

.......No they were not! Yoda was nearly impossible so they toned down the difficulty, and Palpatine is easy now but back when the maximum level was 60 and gear topped out at 8 it was significantly harder!

I agree with this 100%. Anyone suggesting that the early events were "easy" either wasn't around or is simply practicing revisionist history.

I am also mildly amused at the irony that you accidentally quoted his post twice. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree with this 100%. Anyone suggesting that the early events were "easy" either wasn't around or is simply practicing revisionist history.

I am also mildly amused at the irony that you accidentally quoted his post twice. ;)

I TAPPED MY SCREEN SO HARD IN SUCH AN OUTRAGE THAT IT REGISTERED TWICE AND MY FINGER WENT THROUGH MY ENTIRE PHONE! :p