Change Traya, not Finn

Replies

• Options
    Just fix the Sith Raid. It's been an unplayable mess since the beginning, and every team or character that's any good gets nerfed because of it. I'd rather never have Traya ( which I don't want to begin with) than to see otherwise viable characters/ teams be destroyed.
  • Options
    How come everytime someone gets a bit of an edge in sith raid it becomes broken and toons get nerfed or more changes to the raid. Face it sith raid was a huge mistake amd broken from the start, yet you baby the **** thing. Leave the raid alone. If people find a stratedgy that wasnt disovered by the devs leave it alone too. This is pathetic and getting old. Surely we should be able to use more than 2 squads for sith raid but you continue to force it by scrapping anything else.

Please no complaining on this thread like I’ve mentioned before.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    How come everytime someone gets a bit of an edge in sith raid it becomes broken and toons get nerfed or more changes to the raid. Face it sith raid was a huge mistake amd broken from the start, yet you baby the **** thing. Leave the raid alone. If people find a stratedgy that wasnt disovered by the devs leave it alone too. This is pathetic and getting old. Surely we should be able to use more than 2 squads for sith raid but you continue to force it by scrapping anything else.

Please no complaining on this thread like I’ve mentioned before.

I agree with this sentiment, it's just unfortunate that the forum doesn't work that way lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Add expose-immunity to P3-Traya. Case closed.
  • Options
    change finn leaderships abilty and refund all the mats used and let people decide if they want his leader back or not. if they do great if they dont get get free zeta to use elsewhere lol
    What about the other 4 characters that ppl developed arround zfinn? Its not only the Z, a lot of ppl have zfinn g12 and 4 more G12 characters built arround him maybe zetaed too, so with a zfinn nerf and a single Z refund they will end with 5xG12 posible unusefull chars and just 20 z mats... Its a lot of gear i think :S

At the end the problem is that they dont even test stuff before release and as the result is the playerbase who will suffer with either losing their investements in a few toons (remember its a resouce management game and 5 full geared toons is a big deal to lose) or getting a so hard raid even harder...

Making traya stacks tenacity while toppled will just eliminate the chance to play against her whit any debuffer team (for example one of my best P3 teams is termal detonator based BH full pot moded), and making her gain TM from hits while toppled will really hurt talzin NS teams (who were nerfed in the previous move from CG related to soth raid).

They still could change C3PO to add 20%hp based undodgeable extra damage in basic for rebels/ewooks instead of expose... This way they wont trigger zfinn, but at the same time they wont need to break the expose debuf... Its still silly since C3PO was suposed to make mixed LS team more sinergistic...

Another option is to test this suff better or even release this kind of new units kits 1-2 weeks before the release (when the event is first anounced) so we will start teorizing fast and they can test better... But they love to wait to just the day before so this is what happen...
  • Options
    AresNO wrote: »

The problem with that is JTR would be irrelevant in that phase then. Make her have stacking tenacity would be better.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    AresNO wrote: »

The problem with that is JTR would be irrelevant in that phase then. Make her have stacking tenacity would be better.

JTR is already irrelevant in that phase for hSTR. And there are other teams that work in that phase in different tiers.

But stacking tenacity is better than immunity to expose, I agree.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    How about just give Treya a flat tenacity buff on P3 that is just high enough that the strategy could work to get a few million if you mod everyone for potency. It's still useful there, but doesn't affect anything else.

As for everyone saying it invalidates the tank raid... um yeah. It's supposed to. It's years old. Does anyone remember how CLS was added? The Rancor was ancient history. There was a newer raid to focus on. Multiple solo strategies existed for the Rancor already. And a very time consuming bit of new content had just been introduced (Territory Battles). So they gave us CLS who (in part) just made soloing the Rancor easier to save everyone time for use in the new game mode.

Now the Tank raid is ancient history. There is a newer raid to focus on. Multiple solo strategies exist for the tank raid already. And a very time consuming bit of new content was just introduced (Grand Arena). So they give us C3PO who just makes soloing the tank easier to save us time. Am I really the only one who thought this was 100% on purpose?

The Sith raid is clearly a bone headed oversight that results from not enough testing. But it's an easy fix with a bit of tenacity on Treya. The only strategies I see for P3 are straight damage up until this one. Shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

But DO NOT TOUCH FINN under any circumstances.
  • Options
    What about a way that doesn't completely invalidate the strategy, but removes the infinite loop?

Give Traya 1% tm every time she is dealt damage from expose. This allows the team to exist and do well in this phase, encourages people to build the team, and removes the loop. It also doesn't invalidate other teams in the phase.
  • Options
    What about a way that doesn't completely invalidate the strategy, but removes the infinite loop?

Give Traya 1% tm every time she is dealt damage from expose. This allows the team to exist and do well in this phase, encourages people to build the team, and removes the loop. It also doesn't invalidate other teams in the phase.

I like that idea.
  • Options

What about NS? It will mean 2% everytime ventress attack and initiate assist, 3% if its talzin/spirt, 3% everytime dhaka attack and initiate assit, 4% if its talzin/spirit and also 2-3% when zombie attack.

So it will hurt Ns even more... Wasnt they nerfed enough after the past CG error?
  • Options
    Nice solution

@CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie please consider this option!!! I know you’re taking some time to get this right so please look into this type of fix.
  • Options
    I'm usually in the "fix whatever caused the issue in the first place" camp, and in this case it's Threepio's Cyborg Relations unique. Not so sure this time though. I could definitely go for the stacking topple tenacity, TM gain from expose, or simply changing Cyborg relations from +Potency to +Offense (which would make a Tank solo a lot faster while making P3 solo much harder).
    I'd be very irate with a Finn zeta lead nerf, to the point of demanding a zeta refund on him if they nerfed it too much (ie, breaking Finn/Poe/RT vs. Traya).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I guess I don’t understand how this would work. Isn’t this just going to slow down the solo and therefore add more RNG to it? Do we want #1 in the STR to be determined by who had good RNG in their P3 solo run? I think they don’t want this phase to be able to be solod at all, and definitely not by just hitting auto.
  • Options
    I guess I don’t understand how this would work. Isn’t this just going to slow down the solo and therefore add more RNG to it? Do we want #1 in the STR to be determined by who had good RNG in their P3 solo run? I think they don’t want this phase to be able to be solod at all, and definitely not by just hitting auto.

All phases are determined by RNG though, especially P3.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    First of all a bit of context why I want the mechanics of the team to remain.

I was one of the first to post the screenshot of P3 HSTR (27M with Leia)

HSTR has been released for 9 months and we finally have a team that can auto a phase. In comparison to HAAT, P3 could have been siloed with Thrawn and Jyn after 8 months.

With respect to Rancor, the whole raid could have been autoed after 8 months with the introduction of Jyn, Cassian, Baze and Bistan. To be fair, CLS made it trivial for everyone after 15 months.

So, my first argument is that single phase being able to put on auto after 9 months is not new.

Now, instead of increasing tenacity of Traya, or altering Finn lead, why not play with Traya’s defense, so that you require heavily geared toons to make the mechanics works. The new mechanics could trigger after 50 hits on toppled Traya, reset at each topple, to avoid altering the mechanics of the other teams.

High geared toons have much more defense penetration than low level so they could still deal enough damage to complete the phase before the whole raid is ended by the other guildmates.

Moreover, it would still bein the spirit of the game to incentivize players to gear characters to get better score. But give us some break while raiding.

Did anyone at CG ever try ChexMix (with Chewie or Chirrut) in P3? In order to get a decent score I restart about 20 to 30 times and this is seriously NOT fun. NS dearhstorm is also Extremely hard to pull off.

Lastly, zFinn was my 3rd zeta in January 2017, reason why it has a special place in my collection.

The only thing with this solution you will put a lot of trouble for people that don't have C3PO and will reduce a lot the Chex Mix damage (if I understood correctly)
    I like the approach and I as well love my zFinn, specially for GA and TW, so please do NOT nerf him just for a new toon that introduced an strategy that you couldn't think of!! I mean c'mon, we have ONLY 2 resistance leaders in the game and both rely on exposes, and you couldn't think of a strategy with Rebels that your new toon makes them put exposes like crazy? I understand if the community finds a strategy with CUP or Ugnaught which it's really impossible to predict, but this one you should have seen it coming...
  • Options
    aperingo wrote: »

HSTR has been released for 9 months and we finally have a team that can auto a phase. In comparison to HAAT, P3 could have been siloed with Thrawn and Jyn after 8 months.

With respect to Rancor, the whole raid could have been autoed after 8 months with the introduction of Jyn, Cassian, Baze and Bistan. To be fair, CLS made it trivial for everyone after 15 months.

So, my first argument is that single phase being able to put on auto after 9 months is not new.

Now, instead of increasing tenacity of Traya, or altering Finn lead, why not play with Traya’s defense, so that you require heavily geared toons to make the mechanics works. The new mechanics could trigger after 50 hits on toppled Traya, reset at each topple, to avoid altering the mechanics of the other teams.

High geared toons have much more defense penetration than low level so they could still deal enough damage to complete the phase before the whole raid is ended by the other guildmates.

Moreover, it would still bein the spirit of the game to incentivize players to gear characters to get better score. But give us some break while raiding.

Did anyone at CG ever try ChexMix (with Chewie or Chirrut) in P3? In order to get a decent score I restart about 20 to 30 times and this is seriously NOT fun. NS dearhstorm is also Extremely hard to pull off.

Lastly, zFinn was my 3rd zeta in January 2017, reason why it has a special place in my collection.

The only thing with this solution you will put a lot of trouble for people that don't have C3PO and will reduce a lot the Chex Mix damage (if I understood correctly)
    I like the approach and I as well love my zFinn, specially for GA and TW, so please do NOT nerf him just for a new toon that introduced an strategy that you couldn't think of!! I mean c'mon, we have ONLY 2 resistance leaders in the game and both rely on exposes, and you couldn't think of a strategy with Rebels that your new toon makes them put exposes like crazy? I understand if the community finds a strategy with CUP or Ugnaught which it's really impossible to predict, but this one you should have seen it coming...

No, the new mechanics will only trigger once toppled (which is almost never case with ChexMix).

As for those without 3PO, you could argue the same with Revan in P2, those without Revan have an handicap of 10M damage... Same thing with JTR when she was required for P1. Each new legendary or hero’s journey always has been disruptive.

The solution I offers still give incentives for player to gear and zeta toons. They may Also reduce damage from expose in topple.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

No, the new mechanics will only trigger once toppled (which is almost never case with ChexMix).

Actually it's always the case. ;)
  • Options
    First off, major props to the devs for announcing this is going to happen, instead of just dropping the decision on us like that like that other time :wink:

As they stated, they either need to change zFinn, C3P0, or P3 Traya. I can say with 100% certainty no player (myself included) who has invested in zFinn or C3P0 wants their kits messed with (unless it's being improved of course). Ergo, P3 Traya seems like the solution.

So, why not just make Traya immune to expose while Toppled? It's not like people were using zFinn or JTR regularly in P3 anyway. Won't affect any other teams off the top of my head, and seems easy to code in.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Yep, almost exactly what I said in my recent thread I started. Absolutely DO NOT change Finn.
    I believe stalking tenacity on toppled Traya might work as well.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think they would refund it since they refunded daka's. Finn's zeta is arguably the best zeta in the game, if they changed it, it could mean the end of his arena viability, at least the little that he has.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Chex mix doesn’t work off of topple primarily, the damage from stand alone comes from countering the saber attacks (in addition to traya’s) onto traya, which doesn’t happen during topple.
  • Options
    It seems like eliminating a team that can infinite loop in Arena, effectively defeating teams on offense without them taking a turn would also be on the list of things to address. I don't know how they "fix" this without touching Finn somehow. And while the strategy existed before in theory expanding Rebels into the fold of "expose" mechanics brings in all the double attack rebels which seems to be a core mechanic driving the issues.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Obviously we have someone who Never tried ChexMix here ;)
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nah my bad I always run Bounty and the Beast and Greedo ends up toppling from countering after deathmark expires. Never ran Chex Mix because BatB was a thing by the time we reached heroic. And I meant to say "usually" not always.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Finn could infinite loop long, long before C3PO in arena. The devs haven't expressed any concern about any game mode other than STR.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You usually hit topple with Chex mix after deathmark expires too, but the amount of damage done at that point is negligible relative to the potential total.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I understand, like I said I run the similar mechanic. I was reacting to the comment that topple almost never happens. It almost always happens once per run.

I also added a winky face to show I knew what the comment meant, but that got ignored...