The Logray problem

Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Logray looking back at me after store refresh...

4/4 last 4 days. It’s like they flipped the switch back on.

They left the switch in the exact same [hidden drop rate] spot it's always been. That's how odds work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

They left the switch in the exact same [hidden drop rate] spot it's always been. That's how odds work.

It’s funny how so many of us notice the deficiency....except you. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂. Defending until the end I suppose lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

It’s funny how so many of us notice the deficiency....except you. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂. Defending until the end I suppose lol

It’s not funny that so many people don’t understand statistics, it’s sad.
  • Liath wrote: »

It’s not funny that so many people don’t understand statistics, it’s sad.

Yeah yeah yeah....”statistics.” 😂. Or purposeful messing around with “RNG” to encourage panic spending 🤷🏼‍♂️.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Conspiracy theories always seem to make certain people feel better for some reason.
    Conspiracy theories always seem to make certain people feel better for some reason.

Or just smart business.
    Victim complex.

You notice confirmation bias.

Or just smart business.

No, conspiracy theory. And even "theory" is giving it too much credit. Where's your proof? That a couple people on a forum complained and now aren't complaining any more? Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there's a 1% chance of not seeing a specific character for a couple days. That's a pretty rare, pretty low amount and shouldn't happen, right? If this game has a million players then it's going to happen to 1000 people.

The more people in the game, the more likely unlikely outcomes become.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm grabbing him everytime he pops up but it's not very often for me too. Occasionally hell drop in the forest moon battle too
  • 87/100 for that beautiful ewok. I've been slow farming him for a year. :D
  • I managed to get 3PO without him so I'm just ignoring him for now. I'll eventually finish him but might as well get as many of his shards through the recurring event as possible and save the guild store currency fir other stuff.
  • 87/100 for that beautiful ewok. I've been slow farming him for a year. :D
    "beautiful"? Logray? He was the grumpiest little fuzzball of them all. :p
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    10 Logray shards out of a max 15 possible from today's event lol.
  • I read this thread and searched for Logray shards . Looks like OP needs to save some crystals.
    r8l93420fcke.png
  • These are my Ewok, and I'll be damned if I am getting another Ewok to get C3PO. I have enough good mod sets to get these 5 to a 7* C3POhl2xp6dwtq19.png
  • I've had him show up twice in the last 2 days. Realized I'd seen paploo before soni think this is 4 times since the 3PO event for me. I've gotten almost as many from endor escalation
  • Logray shards have shown up 3 times for me since the C3P0 event started (and ended). Guess I'll just have to do it with Teebo when the event comes back around.
  • If Logray is required to beat tier 7 of the C3P0 event, why is he a near impossible farm? I haven’t seen him in the guild store in two full weeks and there’s literally no way to farm him anywhere else.

Is the C3P0 event possible without Logray? My team will probably consist of Chief Chirpa, Elder, Paploo, Scout, and Teebo. Maybe Wicket but of course he’s on a 20 hard node.

Maybe spend crystals refreshing store? I get his shards at a reasonable rate through store and various other ewok events. Also wicket isn't that bad barring that you get stun guns so don't feel as screwed about that. There are worse hard nodes unfortunately
  • I always see clones at the same spot. Uh, cody and echo I guess.

Maybe the system is telling me I should farm and gear my clones up because they will get the rework and needed for the incoming events...
    I used Shaman in T4/T5 of STR until it stopped working in T6. zader lead, DN, Sidious, Shaman, Boba. Everyone would stack dots and Vader/Boba would blow them up. Lots of fun.

still works with mission in the team now. Easily get between 15-30 dots per run in T6.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I used Shaman in T4/T5 of STR until it stopped working in T6. zader lead, DN, Sidious, Shaman, Boba. Everyone would stack dots and Vader/Boba would blow them up. Lots of fun.

still works with mission in the team now. Easily get between 15-30 dots per run in T6.

Huh ok. Doubt it works in Heroic though.
  • NicWester wrote: »

You notice confirmation bias.

Or just smart business.

No, conspiracy theory. And even "theory" is giving it too much credit. Where's your proof? That a couple people on a forum complained and now aren't complaining any more? Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there's a 1% chance of not seeing a specific character for a couple days. That's a pretty rare, pretty low amount and shouldn't happen, right? If this game has a million players then it's going to happen to 1000 people.

The more people in the game, the more likely unlikely outcomes become.

There are obviously characters with greater “value” based on their abilities or their requirement to participate (and succeed) in events - to the extent that their shards are offered for cash when they are at their peak demand. It isn’t completely outrageous to imagine that those who want to generate revenue from the game would want the ability to influence the rate of occurrence for these characters to increase that demand.

Proof works both ways. It would be great for the community if the development team could confirm that there is no capability in the code to apply different weightings to character occurrences within an overall random selection process.

Apologies if a formal statement to that effect has been made previously but I’m not aware of one and would definitely welcome it. It may(!) quieten some of the conspiracy theorists though I suppose they’re less likely to take it on trust.
  • It just seems bad. The one time I was low on guild tokens recently he appeared 2 times in a row, and now I've got them again nothing since. Someone is watching me, teasing me with crystal packages...
  • Logray probably is the least needed of the top 5 choices, you will regret more the lack of Wicket than Logray's
  • aperingo wrote: »
    Logray probably is the least needed of the top 5 choices, you will regret more the lack of Wicket than Logray's

The least needed? He makes the others better, gives foresight, health and offense up and deals daze and turn meter reduction. Farm him, gear him, put speed Mods on him...basically love him short of a zeta.
  • The more you think about it the worse it is. I actually got a good streak of longray shards. Since the 3PO event I went from needing 60 shards to 7 stars to 7. Keep getting him whenever he pops up and you will have him in time
  • Piewalker wrote: »
    aperingo wrote: »
    Logray probably is the least needed of the top 5 choices, you will regret more the lack of Wicket than Logray's

The least needed? He makes the others better, gives foresight, health and offense up and deals daze and turn meter reduction. Farm him, gear him, put speed Mods on him...basically love him short of a zeta.

Yes, he’s good... but
    Wicket is the primary damage dealer + gives stealth to Elder, attacks in a row and gives TM everytime he crits, which is all the time and with his AOE...
    Elder, is the one that revives, cleanses and gives TM with his basic
    Paploo is the tank, cleanses and dispel on basic
    Chirpa is the leader

Hence... Logray is the least needed of the 5
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Well ok but this a thread complaining about Logray, and by extension it's a complaint about the way rotating shops work. It had nothing to do with a hard node farm like Wicket.
  • My ewoks did fine without Logray. What's the issue?
  • Had Logray appear in the shop 4 times in a row. No problem here