The Logray problem

Replies

• My personal experience with Logray has been pretty good until 2 weeks ago(just 5 shards). Managed to get 63/100 from 3* since the 3pO event. So it seems that the chance of him showing in the store tends to even out. So for everyone that had bad luck until now, I think your luck is going to change.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I have been farming Imperial Super Commando from the Guild Event Store. You think Logray takes a long time? Try ISC*.

* yeah I know he also has a 16-energy Cantina node (8D) which could speed it up ;)
    You know he has a 16-energy Cantina node (8D) which could speed it up, right? #Masochism #SelfInflictedWounds ;)

But no rush to farm ISC, so why push it? Give it the tortoise treatment: slow and steady. It eventually works ... just hit 7*!
  • I’m 90/100, haven’t seen Logray in the guild store in over 2 weeks, with the event coming that explains why. It really blows for a F2P player. Using my daily crystals in other parts of the game. Luckily I’ve got Wicket leveled and geared up.
  • Kalano wrote: »
    There is no problem with logray farming. Veterans had to wait 3 years to get 3po. If newer players don’t manage to beat the event within this time, we would have a problem. But actually, it would be their fault, wouldn’t it

Lol that’s ridiculous. I’ve been farming him causally since launch and mine is only 5 stars. He was never really needed until now btw. The is no excuse Logray or Dengar or even Grievous for that matter to be so difficult to farm.
  • I’m 90/100, haven’t seen Logray in the guild store in over 2 weeks, with the event coming that explains why. It really blows for a F2P player. Using my daily crystals in other parts of the game. Luckily I’ve got Wicket leveled and geared up.

Refresh guild store a few times daily. I’ve been getting him 1-2 times a day.
  • I just finished Logray. I probably saw him on average just over once a day. Probably 1.5 times a day on average. There were some days I saw him 3 refreshes in a row. Lol. I’m just very glad to have Jyn, Logray, and Dengar finished from there.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Jeffrome wrote: »
    I just finished Logray. I probably saw him on average just over once a day. Probably 1.5 times a day on average. There were some days I saw him 3 refreshes in a row. Lol. I’m just very glad to have Jyn, Logray, and Dengar finished from there.
    buy a lottery ticket!
  • I’m afraid that my luck is now worn out @TaviRus . 😂
  • Was Logray removed from the guild store? I’ve been sitting at 88/100 for at least 3 weeks and here we are a few days before the C3P0 event..
  • I have been sitting at 99/100 logray shards.
    I have been waiting for 2 months for my last shard
  • I had 2 weeks of no logray and then 3 days of 3 a day 7 starred logray yesterday.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    It's a very hard farm but I am now sitting at 98/100 for logray. So I'll have him in time to get the final star for c3po
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Be sure to take the lesson to heart--Just because a character is "useless" now doesn't mean they will be forever. Farm them to 7* when you don't need them so you won't have to panic when you do need them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lobot and Cloud City level is coming!
  • Got 2K guild currency for over a week.
    no Logray and I missed no refresh.
    Spend all my currency, appears 4 time in a row...
    Stopped farming because p*ssed, appears on a more regular base...
    CG not messing around ? I doubt it...
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I think he shares his node with five other characters. That's 16% chance he will show up, those are tough odds.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Got 2K guild currency for over a week.

The lesson should be that you always need to have say 900 spare guild currency just in case he shows up. If you actually wanted to be farming Logray you would have been smart and not spent that 2k guild currency.

Do you honestly think that CG personally goes into YOUR account, waits till you have spent all of your guild currency AND THEN places Logray in the shop?? Come on..
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I do. Otherwise this would happen to a lot of people instead of just you.

You're not that important.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I got stuck at 99/100 for about 6 days, but I got my last one today.

HOWEVER...

... if Logray is important to you, you can get 25 shards in the Weekly Shipments for 2k crystals at any time, and I'm sure that ewoks will be featured again next week, for 50 total shards from weekly shipments, no RNG required.

Logray also shows up in regular shipments if you're close enough to 100 that you don't want to spend that many crystals.

Finally, refreshing the guild store costs 50 crystals. That's 40 refreshes per 2k crystals. If it's impossible to get there any other way, you can spend on refreshes and on average you'll get Logray to appear 4-10 times per 2k crystals. If you have the guild tokens on hand, this translates to 20 - 50 Logray shards (most likely results are 30 or 35 shards). This is slightly better than buying the shards directly from Shipments, but also requires your Guild Tokens. You should probably avoid it unless you're trying to get that last 5 shards OR you can't get to 7* by spending 80 crystals per shard. In that case, refreshing & at least having a chance through RNG might be your only option.

Of course it's not ideal to spend crystals or crystals + Guild Tokens when you could have just spent GTs, but if you're close, you're going to ask yourself the hard question: Is it worth spending crystals to avoid waiting another unknown period - at least 2 months - when Jedi Luke could drop and require 3PO at any time?

I was saving up crystals as well as Guild tokens. I'm lucky I only needed tokens, but I didn't rely on luck.

Good luck with your Guild Store and with your choices, everybody.
  • My particular account being watch, no.
    CG is going to remove the buy button from the roster list because they know where you tap.
    Thinking They track all your activity to increase the purchases, yes.
    It's easy to track whose toon being farm and adjust RNG to lower apparition rate.
    And you are frustrated and you buy shards with crystals.
    Crystals you Just bought...
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

The lesson should be that you always need to have say 900 spare guild currency just in case he shows up. If you actually wanted to be farming Logray you would have been smart and not spent that 2k guild currency.

Do you honestly think that CG personally goes into YOUR account, waits till you have spent all of your guild currency AND THEN places Logray in the shop?? Come on..

You're naive if you think they arent harvesting every piece of data and using that to set variables. They will know absolutely everything about your playing and spending habits and will adjust rates accordingly to trigger a response (i.e spending money on crystals to get Logray).

Since posting above 3 weeks ago, he's appeared twice for me. Both times when I had no currency. That's not confirmation bias when more than 1 person experiences it...
  • Azudelphi
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »

You're naive if you think they arent harvesting every piece of data and using that to set variables. They will know absolutely everything about your playing and spending habits and will adjust rates accordingly to trigger a response (i.e spending money on crystals to get Logray).

Since posting above 3 weeks ago, he's appeared twice for me. Both times when I had no currency. That's not confirmation bias when more than 1 person experiences it...
    More than one person experiencing something doesn't mean it isnt confirmation bias. It could just be more than one person with confirmation bias.

I have a screenshot showing I was at 226/330 on Feb 11th. In the following 20 days he showed up 20 times in Guild Store (no refreshes), and as a reward for the Ewok event once. EDIT: I will add that I never let my currency run so low I couldnt make buy Logray when he showed up.

I think that was above standard for the guild store, but certainly seems to point towards disproving the coding conspiracy you've presented and lends itself towards RNG being both bane and boon.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Azudelphi wrote: »

More than one person experiencing something doesn't mean it isnt confirmation bias. It could just be more than one person with confirmation bias.

I have a screenshot showing I was at 226/330 on Feb 11th. In the following 20 days he showed up 20 times in Guild Store (no refreshes), and as a reward for the Ewok event once. I think that was above standard for the guild store, but certainly seems to point towards disproving the coding conspiracy you've presented and lends itself towards RNG being both bane and boon.

It's not a coding conspiracy - it's industry standard in P2W games. It's how they set prices, know when to market, and as the guy above posted, when to remove buttons like 'buy now'.
  • Reyalp wrote: »

I have a screenshot showing I was at 226/330 on Feb 11th. In the following 20 days he showed up 20 times in Guild Store (no refreshes), and as a reward for the Ewok event once. I think that was above standard for the guild store, but certainly seems to point towards disproving the coding conspiracy you've presented and lends itself towards RNG being both bane and boon.

It's not a coding conspiracy - it's industry standard in P2W games. It's how they set prices, know when to market, and as the guy above posted, when to remove buttons like 'buy now'.
    I dont doubt they have meta data on app usage. What I do doubt is that in a P2W game, they would use dynamic odds for their RNG in areas affected by Crystals (i.e. money). Seems like they'd be exposing themselves to more legal headaches than such a scam would be worth.
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I almost got him at 6*, and he popped up 2 times in the last week, twice when I was short on currency obviously. My other 5th ewok is Scout at G9, gonna be tricky...
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I dont doubt they have meta data on app usage. What I do doubt is that in a P2W game, they would use dynamic odds for their RNG in areas affected by Crystals (i.e. money). Seems like they'd be exposing themselves to more legal headaches than such a scam would be worth.

What legal headache? Quite the opposite. Dynamic changing of odds (or Dynamic Serving of content) happens in every game and is covered in the EULA. Dynamic meaning it requires user inputs - your metrics in this instance.

Logray doesn't cost money, and if he does, you've chosen to spend it and know what you're getting. I.e 25 shards for 2k.

The farmable logray is bought using virtual currency, which has no real world value and is not caught by the Fixed Odds legislation (like the pack probabilities). They could make Logray appear once a year if they wanted.

'But that just forces people to spend money!' I hear people retort. Not really, you push the button that says "Take my money'

What legal headache? Quite the opposite. Dynamic changing of odds (or Dynamic Serving of content) happens in every game and is covered in the EULA. Dynamic meaning it requires user inputs - your metrics in this instance.
    I have exteme doubts on this as well. All that odds manipulation at play, and CG hasn't made a single mistake that exposes it?

On the heels of a botched GA scheduling, I am extemely skeptical.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member

I have exteme doubts on this as well. All that odds manipulation at play, and CG hasn't made a single mistake that exposes it?

On the heels of a botched GA scheduling, I am extemely skeptical.

It's not odds manipulation though. It's content purchased by virtual currency and has no stated odds of appearing. Someone further up has crazily suggested it's 16% cause it's a 6 character rotation which is just plain wrong.

What's the point in it being on a rotation if the purpose is not to enable the manipulation of it appearing? There is code driving it's appearance rate, and they will be determined by variables that includes your metrics (one of which is your propensity to purchase)
    It's not odds manipulation though. It's content purchased by virtual currency and has no stated odds of appearing. Someone further up has crazily suggested it's 16% cause it's a 6 character rotation which is just plain wrong.

What's the point in it being on a rotation if the purpose is not to enable the manipulation of it appearing? There is code driving it's appearance rate, and they will be determined by variables that includes your metrics (one of which is your propensity to purchase)

Based on my data, it tracked pretty close to 16% when looked at over 85 days. 54 purchases in 340 refreshes. Not gonna lie, I didnt believe it was 16% either.

And Im just saying that with so much user data going into such a calculation, seems slim odds that game updates wouldnt accidentally break that at least once...