Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_SBCrumb I do hope you and your team have thought about the fact that this game has had me pay thousands of dollars for these toons, and now in one of the most competitive areas of the game your making it so that I can’t use them.
    How do you intend to convince me to buy toons in the future?
    Reality is there are more free to play than pay to play so they’ll just all vote that the new $300 toon doesn’t get in?
  • Usually updates add new features, not take stuff away.
  • Personally i can not stand TW. Go ahead and ruin it as much as you like. After all you are just polishing a ****
  • I want to die.

Let me be frank here. The reason i say haters stop hatin is because those people complaining about revan and traya, they need to stop, because seriously, unless they give you a major problem, like flooding your arena, then sure. But if your just complaining because you fought him one day and thought "man, he is so bad, i need to talk to the devs about this" then stop, take a walk, enjoy outside for a while, and forget anything happened. Then when you come back consider, and start farming for revan, or look for a guild with traya.

Also, even worse your hard earned work could be wasted because of some people complained just because they didnt beat him. My advice, get him yourselves! He aint that hard boys!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    Come on guys... have you ever read ‘Who’s taken my cheese?’

Stop moaning!

I can, and im not the usual person to complain, but this is pretty bad.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I'm just trying to figure out why they believe that banning certain toons is a good thing for TW. Leave the toons alone, the biggest enjoyment I have in this game is using a variety of toons to figure out the best for each new playable function. Stop messing with toons unless you're fine tuning them so they aren't godlike.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Will CG cancel their plans for the TW after the feedback they received?

Yes or No?
    Honestly, the community style TW is just for the upcoming TW
    We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

I don't mind them shaking things up and trying a bunch of things but I hope they learn a lesson here not to ban toons from play
  • Its so sad that new and average players with just 1-2 good squads lose a key toon of those squads making them unable to play TW properly :S

To give bonus to unused toons was so fun... In the other hand to remove toons making some of our hardly developed squads just trash is a so bad idea :S

So i hope this nosense finish as soon as posible.
  • What madness is this?

This is worse than shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun.

Whales are utterly disgusted by this. You just invalidated all their money spent.

The F2P people will not have a wide-enough roster and that end up crippling them.

Dolphins would not want to spend on the game anymore because of game design like this.

Strategize beforehand? Nice try trying to get people panic farm for new toons. The amount of effort needed to get a new squad/toon from 1* to 7* G12 is impossible unless the player is willing to spent hundreds of dollars one each toon.

Nice try CG, however I won't be spending any money on your game anymore.
  • hammerhiem
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow, This is a truely horrible Idea.

I actually created a forum account to express how much i dislike this, think about how many mistakes you as a company have made in the last 3 years I've been playing and THIS is the one that made me go to the effort of stopping lurking and sign up to say NO
  • I'm for sure skeptical about this idea. That being said I did vote as If you don't vote then you have no say at all in the matter. Secondly, I'll give it a shot. I enjoy theory crafting, but I don't like the whole these tunes are excluded. I usually focus on one squad at a time. For example Phoenix is my second best squad with all zetas and all g12 except chopper. Removing Hera pretty much makes them worthless as a squad. Now it's interesting because now I have to see what other squads I can use these characters in so it could be fun BUT it doesn't seem fun to have worked hard on a character like Hera invest all this time, gear, and a zeta into her only to have her removed when at this point in the games evolution Phoenix squad is almost purely a defensive team and isn't a meta by anyone's estimation.
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Also, even worse your hard earned work could be wasted because of some people complained just because they didnt beat him. My advice, get him yourselves! He aint that hard boys!

This. I've been farming the toons needed for Revan using about 200 crystals a day (100 on a cantona refresh and 50 on ds/ls energy refresh and 25 each to refresh the ls and ds nodes daily) and should be ready in a week or so. Good thing hes not coming until after this as I'd be pretty ticked if I spent the last 3 months farming toons for him and couldn't use him
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The best part about the game is the collaboration. As the other guild leaders/officers in my alliance are discussing now, it is because of the people in our guilds that many of us old-timers have stuck around and remained so involved for so long, including supporting the game financially. For whatever it's worth to CG (likely next to nothing), we are now talking about all switching to another game that does not pull this kind of nonsense.

@CG_Carrie
  • The best part about the game is the collaboration. As the other guild leaders/officers in my alliance are discussing now, it is because of the people in our guilds that many of us old-timers have stuck around and remained so involved for so long, including supporting the game financially. For whatever it's worth to CG (likely next to nothing), we are now talking about all switching to another game that does not pull this kind of nonsense.

@CG_Carrie

What game is that ?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I don’t mind the idea of the tw change it just seem 28 characters is too much. Its too big of a dent in lower gp rosters.
  • The best part about this is the complete radio silence from the mods/devs on this forum...
  • If they REALLY MUST go through with this garbage, then it needs to be broken up per guild size. a 100m GP guild shouldn't be voting on the same thing 200m+ guilds are voting on. At least equalize the voting vs this communist trash.
  • Skimming through this thread...

Which would describe EA/CG best with this decision?

-they want to Thanos us?
    -they want to Last Jedi us?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • IMO- things shouldn’t be taken away. Also the way it was done was pretty meh.

Hey no tw for a month so we ll give the rewards in ga. Oh wait we can’t do that. Here’s free rewards.

Oh also tw isn’t our new bright and shiney and we will completely change it because we have ga.
  • Really bad idea.
  • Seriously, if anyone actually reads these, offer a rotating faction bonus, add more teams to territories or figure out a way to level the playing field so one guild doesn’t have a 10-20% GP advantage.

Not only does this sound dumb I don’t even know why anyone would bother spending any amount of time on this mode right now.

• Territory Wars is the one aspect of the game that successful and older guilds have to work together as a team. It is a really terrible idea to trivialize it to "fun and playful" (especially when this first iteration is so very bad) and give established guilds who beat HST many months ago absolutely nothing they can do competitively as a group.

Fool with GA if you must, but not TW.
  • As a whale, I don’t like this idea. GA eliminated much of the whale advantage, 3x3 invalidated much of the knowledge all players have accumulated about character synergies, and the “fixed teams” and “temporary bonuses for specific chars” now does both of these things to TW.

CG, I know that you guys are trying to switch things up, keep the game fresh, etc. but please be additive rather than replacing features that your players have invested thousands of hours and dollars in. For many of us it’s not fun having to start from scratch over and over.
  • This is ridiculous!
  • The best part about the game is the collaboration. As the other guild leaders/officers in my alliance are discussing now, it is because of the people in our guilds that many of us old-timers have stuck around and remained so involved for so long, including supporting the game financially. For whatever it's worth to CG (likely next to nothing), we are now talking about all switching to another game that does not pull this kind of nonsense.

@CG_Carrie

What game is that ?

Don't know yet - got any good suggestions?
  • Put me in the camp of not being a fan of having random characters excluded.

Adding random bonuses was interesting.

Negating characters you've spent time and resources building up seems like a random punishment.
  • No.
    Just no.
    Also, no.

@CG_Carrie

What game is that ?

Don't know yet - got any good suggestions?

No :/ was hoping you had something that wasn’t MSF lol. Let me know though!
This discussion has been closed.