Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Prev13456761
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 2019
ORIGINAL THREAD
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.

When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.

That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction. It also gives us as developers a ton more options to keep this mode fresh and interesting. We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

Here’s how it will work:
  1. The community will vote to keep 6 out of 10 groups of 4 characters that you want to see available during for next Territory War. Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars
  2. While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below)
  3. Finally, we will post the Community’s top picks and our picks prior to the start of the event to give you time to strategize

Other Rules:
  • Any unlisted character (i.e., not in any group) will automatically be available for use
  • The poll will be open until Jan 7th
  • Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th
  • Ships will be available even if their pilot is banned

We’d love to hear your feedback and ideas around Territory Wars - Community Style but also don’t forget to vote for January below!

THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

January Community Poll Options:
Choose 6 groups out of the 10
uKpvmwg.png

January Dev Poll Options:
We will vote internally on which 1 out of 4 groups below to keep! Who do you think we will choose?
  • GROUP 1: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
  • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
  • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
  • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
ORIGINAL THREAD
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Ascetic_Monkfish
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well who saw that coming? So much for Data Mining, eh!!
  • MasterSeedy
    4964 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm on board! I love almost anything which gets the community talking to each other in a collaborative way. As long as people aren't fighting on the boards and speculating on others' parentage or *** habits based on the toons those people prefer, but instead actually take to discussing which groups they really want, I think this will be a good thing.
  • FTR: I think the Devs will keep groups 1 & 4, but I don't have a final pick between 2 & 3. Slightly more likely to drop 2 and keep 3, maybe? But I'm not at all certain.

Still, drop #2 is I think the most likely scenario, even if only a bit more likely than drop #3.
  • Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.
  • MasterSeedy
    4964 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    if a character is in NONE of the groups, you can use them in TW.

If a character is in one of the groups, then they may or may not be available, depending on the vote.

BUT you don't get to vote toon by toon. You vote for a group of 4. So if you hate NS Zombie, you have to vote to get rid of Jolee Bindo as well.

You're basically voting to kick annoying toons off of the TW island for a single TW. The next TW they'll have different inclusions & exclusions.

In other words, you can no longer count on having your full roster.
  • jbs2886 wrote: »
    Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.

It sounds like they mean that too so that aren't picked aren't going to be able to be used. I assume(hope) that your idea is right though.
  • What are we voting on? It's sounds like toons that we don't vote for aren't gonna be usable in TW but that can't be right.
  • jbs2886 wrote: »
    Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.
    Anyone picked will be available in the next TW. The 4 groups of characters (16 total) that don't get picked from the Community Poll, will be temporarily banned for the next TW. Plus we will pick 1 of 4 groups, which mean 3 more groups (12 characters) will not be available. That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW
  • TekkarEdorf
    670 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    CG, this is a bad bad bad idea.

I agree. Tw is a lot more fun than GA
    And now you will ruin it
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Anyone picked will be available in the next TW. The 4 groups of characters (16 total) that don't get picked from the Community Poll, will be temporarily banned for the next TW. Plus we will pick 1 of 4 groups, which mean 3 more groups (12 characters) will not be available. That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

Thanks, very helpful.
  • Horrible idea. I guess I will just stick squads on defense and collect whatever reward we get. Thanks for ruining my favorite part of the game.
  • Holy terrible idea. Banning characters we’ve worked hard and/or spent money on? It’s hard enough filling defensive placements while saving enough for offense without banning characters. Wow. Just wow.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Do not forget to setup up surveymonkey in order to get unique votes per IP. I’ve done it twice.

It is an option you have when you create de survey
  • NoomiZ wrote: »

This so much this. If you got positive feed back on bonuses.....give us new bonuses. This is a joke.
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    NoomiZ wrote: »

Maybe. They're just trying to keep things interesting. Apparently they received positive feedback from the bonuses in November, though personally I wasn't a fan. I'll give this a shot before judging it, the same as everything else.
  • Horrible, horrible idea. And I hate TW--but this will make it about ten thousand times worse.
  • I understand spirit of concept. However I don’t build chars/teams for months and years so they can disappear from my roster. I want ways to actually play said teams. Please go back to buffing random chars/teams and allow me to overcome that challenge.
  • I don't wanna be cynical but I can definitely see a bunch of "ghost voters" coming our way. Changing IP isn't that difficult
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow this is what they get from “community feedback”? 🤣🤣
    Character bonus and character ban is totally different things
  • Why are you guys so dead set on punishing the people who actually work the hardest to build good solid rosters?
  • I hate this idea. We hate platoons in TB cuz they don’t let us use our whole rosters. Now your asking players of all roster strength to govern each other? Ridiculous.

Make GA your playground and leave TW alone.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Edited:

Because I realised how bad of an idea this is.
    Post edited by Gorem on
  • This is the worst idea you guys ever had what's the point of this ?? Your pretty much killing a ton of teams with 28 toons your Banning... your killing the fun of this game
  • This idea is so ill-conceived, and unwarranted, I can't imagine what the basis is for this? Was there another survey about how to make TW better that I/we missed?

1) CG has so much free time that an already enjoyable game mode needed updating?
    2) The matchmaking system update is going poorly, and there needed to be a way to accommodate those with fluffy rosters?
    3) To get ready for possible mythic/arcade raids where certain characters may need to be used/others not available; for practice?

This is very disappointing....
  • Come on guys... have you ever read ‘Who’s taken my cheese?’

Stop moaning!
  • So let me get this straight, you’re going to eliminate characters WE CAN USE that some of us invested time, energy, and money in some cases SPECIFICALLY for TW based on community votes?

Seriously? Do you guys even play this game? This is really a slap in the face to a lot of the community. Instead of eliminating characters we can use, just keep rotating different bonuses among characters in factions etc.

I have never heard of anything, let alone a game, eliminating something vital to the outcome before.. “hey you are going to race a car, but we’re gonna let the community vote on whether you keep or illuminate your wheels, engine, windshield, gasoline etc.“ Just dumb IMHO.
  • You know how much time it’s going to take to figure out new teams?? Like ns without talzin, CLS without raid han, traya without sion. Flabbergasted.
  • This is weird. I hope it turns out well, but right now looks like it will just rip out lots of potential teams, making our lineups for def/off way worse.
This discussion has been closed.