Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    But there's a better way of doing that than large-scale banning of other toons. Give RG and GS OP bonuses that would help them compete with some of the better teams. This is something I would wholeheartedly support.

I agree, but can’t we try it this way ONCE before the community loses its collective kitties?

It's probably a little too late for that wish LOL.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    if a character is in NONE of the groups, you can use them in TW.

If a character is in one of the groups, then they may or may not be available, depending on the vote.

BUT you don't get to vote toon by toon. You vote for a group of 4. So if you hate NS Zombie, you have to vote to get rid of Jolee Bindo as well.

You're basically voting to kick annoying toons off of the TW island for a single TW. The next TW they'll have different inclusions & exclusions.

In other words, you can no longer count on having your full roster.

Thanks. Thats a better explanation than what was given.

Still dont like it... but atleast that makes more sense
    The thought of unpredictable TWs is the most exciting thing this game has offered to a small dolphin like me in a long time.

I don’t care about yet another toon I’ve never heard of being introduced into the game and having to think about jumping on the hamster wheel yet again to chase the new shiny thing.

I care about having fun, and the prospect of me NOT having to stare at yet another predictable wall of the same gold toons over and over is actually interesting.

Honestly, I hope CG reads some of these posts, weighs the costs of wholesale whale slaughter, and make the next five TWs only for toons available in 2016.

I’m not anti-whale. I’m pro old-school. Knock the dust off of RG, GS, and toons I haven’t looked at in literal years.

A couple shout-outs a year to old toons is not a bad thing.

I’m a dolphin, too. My issue is, as a fairly new player, with the set of toons likely to be ineligible I literally won’t be able to field a squad that won’t be squashed.

So I’m stuck with: do I hurt my guild to get rewards or do I forsake rewards to help my guild. That isn’t fun. It’s a slap in the face and not a position the developers should put me in.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I have an excellent idea to make this game fun...........LETS BAN CHARACTERS !!!! --Said by no player EVER--

Cliff Notes
    Banning = Bad. Bonuses = Fun.

Seriously do the people thinking this actually play the game? They consider banning 28 toons a reward? When my guild was talking about this in Discord I thought it was a joke.

They always say they play the game, but sometimes it’s hard to believe.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    1000 replies in just a few hours - new record, right?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    Telperien wrote: »
    This isn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings that put this idea out but I can't sit back and not make this plain. This idea is horrible and will completely destroy this community. Are you trying to make people quit? I have never been one to express that any idea you guys have floated out there has been this bad I normally just sit back and say lets just see how it shakes out. This one however I can't just sit back and watch. Unless this thing drastically effects my guild or the rewards are just so mind blowingly awesome I believe I will have to boycott this event. You seriously need to push the pause button on this one and go back and think about it for a bit.

+1. Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I might feel different if there were more non faction synergies that were just as good as faction synergies (there are a couple but not nearly enough) but zetas that basically transform factions (see Bossk, Kru, Bastilla, Revan, etc) basically took care of that. Just my opinion but I think this might be the worst idea they've pitched since Ive been playing.

Bonuses for specific characters would have been cool. Even some alteration on the format or the board could have been cool. But this is something else. Im not sure if its a more accurate algorithm operating to determine matchups because hell, I dont even remember the last territory war, tbh, but I think a lot more people could get behind TW if it was actually a fair matchup. In my experience, its mostly been one of two outcomes. Either wipe the other guild off the map with ease or get completely wiped yourselves with very, very few being even or competitive. Even if the newest algorithm does an okay job at pairing guilds up, it hasnt been active or utilized enough to really gather solid data. I feel like their about to start tripping over their own feet. *shrug*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    If a crew member or fleet commander gets banned for TW, will their ship also be banned?

Could we please have an official statement / clarification, @CG_SBCrumb?

Kyno already gave his answer, but I'd prefer an official statement.

My apologies for tagging all of you, but since the vote/survey has already started we urgently need a clarification:

If a crew member or fleet commander is banned during the next TW, will the ship also be banned?

@CG_RyDiggs , @CG_CapGaSP , @CG_JohnSalera , @CG_Carrie.

Could any of you please give an official statement about this? And may I suggest to add your clarification to the description on surveymonkey?
  • RekiemD wrote: »
    More negative feedback: Bad idea, that's a direct nerf to people's roster in TW. No way something like that could be fun like buffing Mace or CUP

The mace buff was terrible... all a guild had to do was stick revan with mace out front on defense and it was unbeatable.

• BBQ_Sig
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It would be better if they left TW alone and used
    GA for experiments.

It would be MUCH better, in their promised era of better communication, to float these ideas out for discussion and feedback BEFORE implementing them.

But if it isn’t going to be that way right now, make the best of it and vote with your wallet.
  • I don’t like this at all. The point of developing my roster is to use them. Gonna be lots of Pao and CUP next time...
    These complaints make no economic sense.

You made prior investments of gear and money into older toons, and don’t use them anymore because they are obsolete.

CG removes the obsolescence, but instead of rejoicing that your prior investments are no longer wasted, you complain when the opportunity comes to reuse your prior investment.

I get you’re addicted to the newest shiniest thing, but devaluing the money you’ve already sunk into the game is foolish.

Clearly you are not in a TW guild and misunderstand the arguement. EA/CG is devaluing the investment of the meta toons that were built specifically for TW. Removing any current TW toon from the game mode devalues what I put into them. These are not the bring shiny new toys, these are factions and teams that have been around and invested in specifically for this mode.

It's a con and it's a bait and switch tactic.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • BBQ_Sig
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Clearly you are not in a TW guild and misunderstand the arguement. EA/CG is devaluing the investment of the meta toons that were built specifically for TW. Removing any current TW toon from the game mode devalues what I put into them. These are not the bring shiny new toys, these are factions and teams that have been around and invested in specifically for this mode.

Well, your premise is false, but my argument isn’t with you. My argument is that all toons can be used for TW, and the absence of a portion doesn’t change that.

Strategy changes, but I welcome that. Maybe I just don’t take this game as seriously as some others.

Regardless, in the end I don’t care what CG does to this mode. No change seems to be for the best overall.
  • I do not know why you write here. There is no answer from the devs anyway. but maybe yes.
    are the banned chars included in the match making?
    what about gp players under a million who only farm those banned chars. and thus have nothing more what you can set. is the 6000 strength hurdle? I lose myself depending on which chars are banned 24 of my g12 / 11 chars. and that is no fun in my eyes. if I am away from my 93 (45g12 48 g11 chars) 24 then also several teams are completely destroyed. I have a gp 4.2 umd do not like it. I do not even want to introduce myself as pleased the players are the significantly less chars available than me.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    If a crew member or fleet commander gets banned for TW, will their ship also be banned?

Could we please have an official statement / clarification, @CG_SBCrumb?

Kyno already gave his answer, but I'd prefer an official statement.

My apologies for tagging all of you, but since the vote/survey has already started we urgently need a clarification:

If a crew member or fleet commander is banned during the next TW, will the ship also be banned?

@CG_RyDiggs , @CG_CapGaSP , @CG_JohnSalera , @CG_Carrie.

Could any of you please give an official statement about this? And may I suggest to add your clarification to the description on surveymonkey?

No apology needed, I’m sure they will continue to ignore us whether you tag them or not.
    Being ignored is all part of the “fun and playfullness“!
  • Worst idea I've ever heard. Are people expecting a mass boycott of the next TW? I'm in a ranked guild and I'm raising the idea with them today.
    These complaints make no economic sense.

You made prior investments of gear and money into older toons, and don’t use them anymore because they are obsolete.

CG removes the obsolescence, but instead of rejoicing that your prior investments are no longer wasted, you complain when the opportunity comes to reuse your prior investment.

I get you’re addicted to the newest shiniest thing, but devaluing the money you’ve already sunk into the game is foolish.

I agree. What I cant figure out is, if CG/EA primary goal is to make money/the bottom line, how does this add to that. The players that spend $0-$20 per month will not increase their spending based on this; and the players who spend $20+ plus per month will not need to spend and/or spend less towards this change. So the bait and switch or Smoke Mirrors theory seems more probable than anything else at the moment. But I live in constant paranoia lol.
  • This a horribly dumb and stupid idea that punishes player’s time-gear-money investments and can possibly break many team compositions that players have put the time and effort into creating.

Restricting rosters is not fun or playful but pretty aweful. I hope you reverse course and stop with this nonsense.
  • I've seen it asked once, and I've seen several say they voted. Where is the poll located? If not in game and on here or reddit then it is a flawed vote. I am an officer in my guild and likely the only one of 50 that read this forum. I really hope there is an option to say bad idea in the poll. I am 2 TW away from completing "Establishing Rebel Cells". Could have completed it already but for the canceled wars.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Do not forget to setup up surveymonkey in order to get unique votes per IP. I’ve done it twice.

It is an option you have when you create de survey

Changing IP address is pretty easy to do. The voting would need to be governed differently or just rely on the honor system.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW
    [/quote]

I've only been playing a year. Your banning most of my viable roster. How is that fun, or enjoyable. My guilds planning on just setting one defensive team, and collecting 2nd place rewards until you stop this nonsense. Hope we go through w it.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ORIGINAL THREAD
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.

When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.

That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction. It also gives us as developers a ton more options to keep this mode fresh and interesting. We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

Here’s how it will work:
    1. The community will vote to keep 6 out of 10 groups of 4 characters that you want to see available during for next Territory War. Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars
    2. While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below)
    3. Finally, we will post the Community’s top picks and our picks prior to the start of the event to give you time to strategize

Other Rules:
    • Any unlisted character (i.e., not in any group) will automatically be available for use
    • The poll will be open until Jan 7th
    • Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th

We’d love to hear your feedback and ideas around Territory Wars - Community Style but also don’t forget to vote for January below!

THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

January Community Poll Options:
    Choose 6 groups out of the 10
    uKpvmwg.png

January Dev Poll Options:
    We will vote internally on which 1 out of 4 groups below to keep! Who do you think we will choose?
    • GROUP 1: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
    • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
    • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
    • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
    ORIGINAL THREAD

Simple solution....dont vote. Dont give them the info they want if you dont like the choices just dont vote. I do it every election. If there is no candidate worth voting for then dont vote just to do it.
  • Will CG cancel their plans for the TW after the feedback they received?

Yes or No?
  • This is a very bad idea. I've never voiced my opinion in the forums before, but in this case I will make an exception. I want to use every toon i have spent time, resources and money on in TW. So upset I may refuse to play in the next TW. (Will probably get booted from my guild for doing so)
  • Will CG cancel their plans for the TW after the feedback they received?

Yes or No?

Unlikely. I hope they don’t, since it really doesn’t sound as bad to me as people are saying. I want to give it a shot.
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2hoW6z-bI7g
    They know how bad the idea is which is why they went on vacation.
    And haters, stop hatin plz!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I get it, you guys want to get closer to the community.....

This was not the way to do that.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Horrible idea
  • This sounds horrible.... intrigued at first, but then I realized the whole point of TW was rewarding those who had broad and deep rosters. Now you are removing characters players use and depend on, maybe even spent money on... I loved the fun bonus changes, keep the changes more in line with that.
This discussion has been closed.