New Clue!

Prev13456724
Nihion
3340 posts Member
I’m counting on all of you to solve this for me! Let the puzzles begin!

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Go home Crumb, you're drunk
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Go home Crumb, you're drunk

Lol I was thinking the same thing as I read it.
  • It's by far the most difficult puzzle yet! I've even enlisted some help from a puzzle master at the office to construct this monstrosity. Good luck! You're gonna need it!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Stop changing, keep farming. I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win.
    >My plays win
    AI dodge rate RNG rigging confirmed

>keep farming
    Next toon confirmed as Marquee release
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    It's by far the most difficult puzzle yet! I've even enlisted some help from a puzzle master at the office to construct this monstrosity. Good luck! You're gonna need it!
    Jokes aside, who is the puzzle master at the office? Does he have an account on the forums? Would be nice to give him credit at the end

Also, if he can share some stories on how he earned the puzzle master title
  • I haven't even tried to solve it, but it's clearly OT falcon.
  • Crumb you just confirmed the event is related to ships because of the speed you specifically mentioned in the table!
  • OG Falcon, don't need a clue.
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much "lame" ; )
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It's by far the most difficult puzzle yet! I've even enlisted some help from a puzzle master at the office to construct this monstrosity. Good luck! You're gonna need it!
    Jokes aside, who is the puzzle master at the office? Does he have an account on the forums? Would be nice to give him credit at the end

We were trying to get him in here for the future and he deserves a large amount of credit for this one. Though there are few concoctions of my own that I'm interested in seeing how people solve/
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    Crumb you just confirmed the event is related to ships because of the speed you specifically mentioned in the table!
    Its obvious at first glance without any effort its about ships and possibly OT Falcon. I don't think they will keep it this easy

I hope there is more that the puzzle reveals than it seems
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Mikayas wrote: »
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much kitten. ; )

Wrong thread.
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I bet there will be a video about this in a few hours by the gamechangers! Most probably Cubsfan han 😂😂
  • Notworking
    169 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ot falcon, kessel run, 12 parsecs chewie and ha. Smuggler ships required
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much kitten. ; )
    As mentioned in the Megathread, we are going to review the feedback when we get back to the office. I know folks are frustrated now but I'll have more to say on the topic in the future. Today's clue is something we have been working on over the holidays, let's enjoy this in the meantime, eh?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much horse _ _ _ _ . It's a puzzle, try and fill in the blanks @CG_SBCrumb ; )
    As mentioned in the Megathread, we are going to review the feedback when we get back to the office. I know folks are frustrated now but I'll have more to say on the topic in the future. Today's clue is something we have been working on over the holidays, let's enjoy this in the meantime, eh?

The fact that you are responding is good enough for me! Now, puzzlebreakers, get to work! I’m far too stupid for this.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much horse _ _ _ _ . It's a puzzle, try and fill in the blanks @CG_SBCrumb ; )

Your clue was kinda datamined last year and the clue is obviously looking like OT falcon so hehehe...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

We were trying to get him in here for the future and he deserves a large amount of credit for this one. Though there are few concoctions of my own that I'm interested in seeing how people solve/
    If the community solves this in two hours, I'm proposing he calls himself CG_TheRiddler if he ends up making an account
  • Are we supposed to print out the parsec dial?
  • It’s the OT falcon! I solved it with magick
  • YoloNOT19 wrote: »

Your clue was kinda datamined last year and the clue is obviously looking like OT falcon so hehehe...

Yes, datamined, and he all but gave it away with the parsecs, BUT he intelligently gives clues that clearly opens the door for other options.

Could Jabba or GG clues also be hidden within this message?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Hi guys! I’m Crumb’s aforementioned coworker. Looking forward to seeing how this one goes!

To answer Ultra’s question - I’ve been taking part in, and helping construct, puzzle events (mostly taking part in, heh) since roughly 2003. Most of those were various iterations of the Microsoft Puzzlehunt, the MIT Mystery Hunt, and DASH. Happy to share war stories later, but maybe not in this thread ;)

EVS-469
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I’m Crumb’s aforementioned coworker. Looking forward to seeing how this one goes!

To answer Ultra’s question - I’ve been taking part in, and helping construct, puzzle events (mostly taking part in, heh) since roughly 2003. Most of those were various iterations of the Microsoft Puzzlehunt, the MIT Mystery Hunt, and DASH. Happy to share war stories later, but maybe not in this thread ;)

EVS-469

Two devs respond in the same day! Bravo! Keep it up! We want to hear from you guys!!
    That might help

I guess so, use the math solution and rotate then translate the characters
  • Put the smaller dial inside the larger. Turn the dial to the hours and minutes. That will give you the letter, that needs to be translated from that weird text. Then put that into a 4X4 cipher. Once you have that, use the number of letters in each word in the "poem" above and voila
  • Yeah, you print it out, cut the circles out, and pin them together with a paperclip or some other sharp thin object that allows them to spin (don't poke yourself). Then you'll spin them in relation to the values they gave in the chart to reveal the message. I don't really feel like translating Star-Wars-ese though (and my printer isn't working) so I'll let others do that bit.
  • Jagged_Fel
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Here is the completed table if it helps. I'm not very good with puzzles, but I can do excel. *edit: My excel file is also attached for any others to use. Note, numbers are rounded to closest integer where needed. **Edit #2: Fixed typo in last row.

2dwglya.png
  • Do we have to fill in the rest of the chart using the information provided???
  • Jagged_Fel wrote: »
    Here is the completed table if it helps. I'm not very good with puzzles, but I can do excel. *edit: My excel file is also attached for any others to use. Note, numbers are rounded to closest integer where needed.

2laf1h3.png

This is good, but you typo'ed the bottom left box - the given number is 120, not 102. The row should read 120 | 1:25 | 85 | 170