New Clue!

Replies

  • Most people probably knew it was ot falcon but they were just hoping maybe it could of been something else which just added to the frustration that it could of been something else.
  • Stokat
    474 posts Member
    More like work with the CIA as a code breaker; still I'll give that we may need them at NASA to communicate with aliens

    Maybe they already do...
  • Stokat wrote: »
    More like work with the CIA as a code breaker; still I'll give that we may need them at NASA to communicate with aliens

    Maybe they already do...

    Nope. I for one am just a humble professor of statistics. Puzzle-working is just a hobby, not part of my day job. (~_^)
  • Such a complex puzzle for a simple 2 word phrase. I guess it could have been worse. It could have said... “Enjoy your unique TW” or “Be sure to play your SWGOH”

    Good job everyone. Way over my head last night but was fun to follow.
  • Lmao what the heck was that xD

    I was just shaking my head in disappointment when boba fetter and others were dissing the whole thing, assuming it was only about the falcon. But in the end, the joke company just made themselves the butt of all jokes again. :V

    You guys never fail to disappoint. Never change CG. ;D

    And having been solved it is only about the falcon
  • Lmao what the heck was that xD

    I was just shaking my head in disappointment when boba fetter and others were dissing the whole thing, assuming it was only about the falcon. But in the end, the joke company just made themselves the butt of all jokes again. :V

    You guys never fail to disappoint. Never change CG. ;D

    And having been solved it is only about the falcon

    Thats what i said man. This has been funny, so i appreciate them giving me a good laugh.

    Could've just given a normal hint, but nope. Had to go with the most intricate of puzzles for the most puny(since already leaked) thing. XD

    And what was the first page all about? The post where crumb hinted the puzzle contained more than the falcon reveal? Can't see the CG apologisers mentioning it? :3

    You were right in being skeptical, sorry for assuming you were wrong. My advice to anyone who gets disappointed by CG(or anything to do with EA) is this: just think of them as a joke. Nothing more, and you'll find them hilarious.
  • RJ__Brando
    1487 posts Moderator
    To all those disappointed by the result of the "treasure hunt":
    schatz.jpg
    Translation:
    "If you are now wondering where the big treasure is, then look deep into yourself, and you will find that it consists of the friendships and experiences that you made during the long search."
    - "Wow."
    - "Very beautiful."
    - "Better than gold."

    Agreed! This was a fun day of teamwork from across the globe. Whether or not we *guessed* the result, does not change the experience.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

    Soooo......the Falcon was on the leak......is there more???

    Sooo....they shouldn’t release anything that’s been leaked? We’re in trouble if that day comes.

    No. Crumb said that the answer wasn’t a leak, but the answer was a leak, therefore, I was assuming something else was coming as well. He shouldn’t have said that if it wasn’t true.

    It’s just sad that 90% of the leak came true except that part that people REALLY want. RIP GG.

    We don’t need another ship, we need another capital ship.

    Did he say the puzzle info hadn’t previously been leaked? He mentioned that we had just scratched the surface of the puzzle and that we had a long way to go.

    Anyhoo - I am in the camp that loves the puzzles and finds them a lot more fun than just a note saying event is coming. It gives us that extra layer of enjoyment.

  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

    Soooo......the Falcon was on the leak......is there more???

    Sooo....they shouldn’t release anything that’s been leaked? We’re in trouble if that day comes.

    No. Crumb said that the answer wasn’t a leak, but the answer was a leak, therefore, I was assuming something else was coming as well. He shouldn’t have said that if it wasn’t true.

    It’s just sad that 90% of the leak came true except that part that people REALLY want. RIP GG.

    We don’t need another ship, we need another capital ship.

    Did he say the puzzle info hadn’t previously been leaked? He mentioned that we had just scratched the surface of the puzzle and that we had a long way to go.

    Anyhoo - I am in the camp that loves the puzzles and finds them a lot more fun than just a note saying event is coming. It gives us that extra layer of enjoyment.

    He said, when told that the answer was just the stuff on the leak, he said “nope”. I enjoyed the whole process and the puzzle was a great success....it was the answer that was really disappointing. Just like with the Clone Wars celebration...huge missed opportunity.
  • CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    Oh, one final (slightly tangential) note. If you enjoyed this puzzle, but weren’t otherwise aware, this year’s MIT Mystery Hunt is right around the corner (kickoff is noon Eastern, Friday the 18th). It’s far more of a marathon than this single puzzle was, though; it’ll run straight through until (likely) Sunday afternoon. I believe Reddit typically fields at least one team from /r/mysteryhunt, if you’re looking for the kind of distributed solving experience y’all had yesterday. I’ll be playing myself with my usual team, Up Late.

    - EVS-469

    Puzzle team - want to get in on this? Haven't done something on the scale as the one last night since the GCHQ Xmas puzzle. (@CG_EVS_469 if you haven't already check it out https://www.gchq.gov.uk/****)
  • Sorry, I’m late to the party. I just found this thread after spending two hours figuring out the scoundrels4life answer, doh!!

    This has to be the pwd @CG_SBCrumb was talking about. This password unlocks what? I’m still trying to figure it out
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The real answer was all the friends we made along the way

    Great.


    Just great...


    :neutral:
  • 3pourr2
    1917 posts Member
    😒 the people that are upset about the puzzle didn’t solve it 🤔
  • Nihion
    2176 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    The real answer was all the friends we made along the way

    Great.


    Just great...


    :neutral:

    Are you saying my new friends are just “great”?
  • It's the OG Falcon based on the Login reward shard, the pics on Google Play, and the fact tht the creators said they are going to do OG trilogy content and we all got C3P0 so yea
  • Athen_Greeco
    93 posts Member
    edited January 6
    g788qbxz9cp4.jpeg

    @CG_SBCrumb much like the C3p0 event, once we got the final answer it was confirmed and all... but as you suggest on the JAN 5 post we didn’t find all the hidden news/clues...

    Did we miss anything in this OT Falcon puzzle ?

    ps thanks for the engagement with the community. It was fun watching the brilliant people work and seeing it all come together
  • Sirlagzalott
    842 posts Member
    edited January 6
    Pure marketing genius. You can’t buy this level of hype. Hopefully we’ll hesr more about requirements (or if it’s a marquee) this week. My bet is on scoundrel ships.
  • SaoLohn wrote: »
    Sorry, I’m late to the party. I just found this thread after spending two hours figuring out the scoundrels4life answer, doh!!

    This has to be the pwd @CG_SBCrumb was talking about. This password unlocks what? I’m still trying to figure it out

    It unlocks an account on this forum. And if you log in you'll find a hidden part at the bottom of the forum with 1 message and 1 attached file - 102chars.txt
    Inside it there is another puzzle - word search that all the players were cracking all night long...

    Developers, Thank you for that experience! Keep going!
  • Now I can say we are all friends. Thanks guys. :#
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

    Soooo......the Falcon was on the leak......is there more???

    Sooo....they shouldn’t release anything that’s been leaked? We’re in trouble if that day comes.

    No. Crumb said that the answer wasn’t a leak, but the answer was a leak, therefore, I was assuming something else was coming as well. He shouldn’t have said that if it wasn’t true.

    It’s just sad that 90% of the leak came true except that part that people REALLY want. RIP GG.

    We don’t need another ship, we need another capital ship.

    Did he say the puzzle info hadn’t previously been leaked? He mentioned that we had just scratched the surface of the puzzle and that we had a long way to go.

    Anyhoo - I am in the camp that loves the puzzles and finds them a lot more fun than just a note saying event is coming. It gives us that extra layer of enjoyment.

    He said, when told that the answer was just the stuff on the leak, he said “nope”. I enjoyed the whole process and the puzzle was a great success....it was the answer that was really disappointing. Just like with the Clone Wars celebration...huge missed opportunity.

    That feels accurate, but I have not been able to find that comment from him.
  • There was an entire “Ready for the Falcon?” thread before the puzzle was even released. Glad everyone had fun though, I suppose. 😐
  • Iy4oy4s
    973 posts Member
    edited January 6
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

    Soooo......the Falcon was on the leak......is there more???

    Sooo....they shouldn’t release anything that’s been leaked? We’re in trouble if that day comes.

    No. Crumb said that the answer wasn’t a leak, but the answer was a leak, therefore, I was assuming something else was coming as well. He shouldn’t have said that if it wasn’t true.

    It’s just sad that 90% of the leak came true except that part that people REALLY want. RIP GG.

    We don’t need another ship, we need another capital ship.

    Did he say the puzzle info hadn’t previously been leaked? He mentioned that we had just scratched the surface of the puzzle and that we had a long way to go.

    Anyhoo - I am in the camp that loves the puzzles and finds them a lot more fun than just a note saying event is coming. It gives us that extra layer of enjoyment.

    He said, when told that the answer was just the stuff on the leak, he said “nope”. I enjoyed the whole process and the puzzle was a great success....it was the answer that was really disappointing. Just like with the Clone Wars celebration...huge missed opportunity.

    That feels accurate, but I have not been able to find that comment from him.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I solved it, it is... The rest of the leak that hasn't been released yet. Dun dun dun

    Nope, its all there for you to solve :)

    Boba said that the answer is the rest of the leak, which includes the OT Falcon. Crumb said nope, leading us to believe that it wasn’t the Falcon that everyone knew it was. Either that was a lie or there’s something more.....I really hope there’s something more!
  • @Digital_Delusion thanks, I know, I’ve cut out the whiz wheel and figured out the scoundrels4life by myself. Aurabesh om the wheel is reversed as if looking at it in a mirror. Wasn’t hard to figure out. The code though was harder. You have to have knowledge of how a whiz wheel works. I only saw this thread after wanting to post it on reddit. There are many unused characters on the wheel. Add Crumb’s message earlier that it’s only the beginning of the journey, it leaves me to believe there’s something else to this
  • 3pourr2
    1917 posts Member
    Ya like 4 more steps to solving it
  • Awesome thread. A huge reason why I love this community so much is within this thread. It was great to read with the end already available. :)
  • ColonelMatt8
    44 posts Member
    edited January 6
    SaoLohn wrote: »
    @Digital_Delusion thanks, I know, I’ve cut out the whiz wheel and figured out the scoundrels4life by myself. Aurabesh om the wheel is reversed as if looking at it in a mirror. Wasn’t hard to figure out. The code though was harder. You have to have knowledge of how a whiz wheel works. I only saw this thread after wanting to post it on reddit. There are many unused characters on the wheel. Add Crumb’s message earlier that it’s only the beginning of the journey, it leaves me to believe there’s something else to this

    Your next step is to translate the main body of the text. The clues you'll need that crumb gave us are a picture of a piglet and talking about breakfast. Then you'll need to know that it's a very simple split for the cipher
Sign In or Register to comment.