Google Play Login Issue: Possible Work Around

Replies

• Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    oxinferno wrote: »
    I ran the steps provided twice, without success. I then:

1. Restored Google Play Games to factory installed version
    2. Launched Galaxy of Heroes and was able to "Sign in to Google Play" and access my game account
    3. Updated Google Play Games to latest version
    4. Launched Galaxy of Heroes and was still able to access my account without prompting

Hope this helps!

How exactly do you "restore Google play games to factory installed version?" @oxinferno

On my phone, Settings > Apps, select Google Play Games. Once that screen is displayed, there is a menu at the upper right. Opening that menu displays one option: Uninstall Updates. Alternatively, I also think selecting "disable" from the screen containing the menu will uninstall updates as well.
  • Options
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    @Solid_PR @rimsey - Sorry to hear this did not work. I will relay this information to our team to understand why this is not working for you.

For anyone running into this issue, could you please directly send me your:
    • Device
    • OS level/version
    • Google Play Services Version
    • Name of the account being used

With this information, we will work with our partners at Google to dig into the root cause of the issue.

@Tomek - I'm looking into the issue of being able to change your age. Hopefully, I will have an answer for you soon.

It worked for me after i continued. I got first on the lvl 2 acct since it was unavoidable. Then i hit the options and tried to sign to google play. It asked me to create a name. I put in a random name and suddenly my main lvl 70 acct logged in.

This just happened to me today.
    Samsung Galaxy
    Note 4
    Latest version
    William00777

Very disappointed in this I've spent a lot of time and money in this game I enjoy it but there are a lot of bugs.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    @Solid_PR @rimsey - Sorry to hear this did not work. I will relay this information to our team to understand why this is not working for you.

For anyone running into this issue, could you please directly send me your:
    • Device
    • OS level/version
    • Google Play Services Version
    • Name of the account being used

With this information, we will work with our partners at Google to dig into the root cause of the issue.

@Tomek - I'm looking into the issue of being able to change your age. Hopefully, I will have an answer for you soon.

It worked for me after i continued. I got first on the lvl 2 acct since it was unavoidable. Then i hit the options and tried to sign to google play. It asked me to create a name. I put in a random name and suddenly my main lvl 70 acct logged in.

This just happened to me today.
    Samsung Galaxy
    Note 4
    Latest version
    William00777

Very disappointed in this I've spent a lot of time and money in this game I enjoy it but there are a lot of bugs.

Wow this worked. I didn't have the balls to try it until now. I am so happy :-)
  • Options
    Yea, in the same boat as everyone else, tried everything, guess i will just suck it up. stupid game made me near broke, and now its broke. guess I would not be shocked with hours on the phone trying to get my stuff back. never missed a day...ever...shame. I was really enjoying that for a good 2 months. way to pass the blame EA, its google plays fault......google play did not update, you did? how is this on them?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In my case, I am having an issue trying to get the "Sign into Google" to show in-game when I hit the "settings" Gear icon. I have a local account that I wanted to sync to Google since I am swapping phones due to issues. I never got offered the option to use a Google account since I started playing and never saw the option ever. Has there been any way to get the "Login to Google" option appear in-game??
  • Options
    Hello,
    I tried the proposed solution - same issue / samsung Notes 3 /Android 4.4.2
  • Options
    @Solid_PR

I am having the same issue, stuck at "Loading Cantina" for both devices I use.

I play on a Galaxy S6 and MotoX Gen 2

The S6 is Android 6.0.1 the Gen 2 is 5.1

Google Play Services is on the Newest Version for both

Both run my Gnobodyuknow account

• Options
    Not sure I'd this has been mentioned or requested but why can we not have an Origin/EA account feature similar to the one that The Simpsons Tapped Out uses?
  • Options
    ain't working for me neither... i just got my new phone and i can't finish my challanges and pvp battles today cuz of this bug oh yeah... i want b my lvl74 acc T-T
  • Options
    This isn't a login issue but client keeps telling me it needs to be restarted after I beat a mission and I lose out on my items and energy fix this please.
  • Options
    Followed above instructions, didn't work.
    I'm playing on a Sony Ericcsson Xperia Z1 Compact, Android version 5.1.1.

Reading this thread further, I saw this here. Tried simply setting Google Play Games back to work-version and tadaa, it works ... for the moment. But please fix soon with the new version of Google Play Games.
    Mattercito wrote: »
    Same issue here.
    EDIT: Solved it. I disabled the Google Play Store and enabled it again. Now i have an older version and then i could log in to my google account.

• Options
    Same for me I have $1000 invested and months please help.
  • Options
    Second day without login.. It work just with a host login or with a new Google play account..
  • Volantis
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Game says "Restart client" now again cantina loading sceen really???
  • Dan8975
    15 posts Member
    Options
    ok so i reached out to EA support they connected to my chat and are not saying a thing. ****?
  • Volantis
    44 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Get now alot errors

conection error
    someone had conectet to my account or you are online since 24 h

or i get conection lost error from the game

Edit: the error had nothing to do with Google Play.

i remove wlan and try to conect with secound account. Loading Cantina Screen again ...
  • Dan8975
    15 posts Member
    Options
    My contact support live chat says "You are ready to to chat Pawan" and i said hello are you there etc they have not acknowledged me yet.
  • KixKox
    6 posts Member
    Options
    The game server is down so it seems. Both android and iOS can't connect. So it's not your phone, nor your OS. It's simply an EA **** up as usual. ;)
    May the faux be with you.
  • ZhilAxfow
    58 posts Member
    Options
    It says me error conexión when loading cantina at the launch and when I get in says it again
  • Options
    Cant pass the loading screen wither... "COnnection error" or "someone else logged in?" or " not online for 24h?" wuuuuut :(
  • Options
    Uninstalled Google game updates and then disabled it can start game as a guest.

Renabled Google game started heroes up and logged in to Google game heroes starts correctly and is were I left off worked on a SGN (2014) and a SGN 4
  • Options
    Can't access my account. Level 74
    Calsidyrose
    Samsung Active 5
    Google Play version 3.7.22

Played fine earlier today (even leveled up),

Then somehow have ended up signed in as a "guest"...

then...the tutorial..."Welcome to the Cantina." Can't sign in or out...am being offered my first hero, a one-star JC. *sigh*

I just bought crystals and have a full roster, including a couple 7-star characters.

Please respond.

• Options
    Sweet I just got hit by this issue thanks EA
  • Options
    i cant login due to this issue either. Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    Workaround did the trick, thanks!
  • odie
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I ran the steps provided twice, without success. I then:

1. Restored Google Play Games to factory installed version
    2. Launched Galaxy of Heroes and was able to "Sign in to Google Play" and access my game account
    3. Updated Google Play Games to latest version
    4. Launched Galaxy of Heroes and was still able to access my account without prompting

Hope this helps!

How exactly do you "restore Google play games to factory installed version?" @oxinferno

On my phone, Settings > Apps, select Google Play Games. Once that screen is displayed, there is a menu at the upper right. Opening that menu displays one option: Uninstall Updates. Alternatively, I also think selecting "disable" from the screen containing the menu will uninstall updates as well.

Thank you sir or ma'am! Nothing else worked, except this fixed it for me.

• Menaid
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Also got the same problem, thought it might have something to do with me going on vacation to a different country, but now that im back i see that it does not work.
  • Options
    Galaxy S5, OS 5.0, Google Play Services 9.0.83, 1ObssessiveGamer. After choosing my account on the loading page, it tells me I have a connection error and/or failed login. I can only log in while connected to Wifi, but not on my standard data plan, even though I clearly have internet connectivity for all other apps. I've missed bonus energy and plummeted in PvP because of this error. I've tried the fix and it is hit and miss whether it works out not. When it does work I need to burn 6-12MB of my data to re-download my characters remotely after clearing the cache. It is very inconvenient to essentially only be able to play at home or at work. Please resolve ASAP.
  • Asheron
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This happened to me this morning 5/20. Signed in when I first got up. Less than 10 minutes later I attempted to sign in again and it told me I had to sign into my google play account, and will only let me create a new profile, will not let me use my existing one that I've been playing for months.

Cleared cache on google play and SW Heroes and it did the same thing. Uninstalled google play as recommended above and now it won't let me load my profile in google play at all. It just forces me to create a new profile. After all I've invested into this game I'm not willing to start over from scratch. Seems this has been going on for over a month, any fix in sight?

Samsung Galaxy S7
    Android 6.0.1
    Google Play Version 3.7.23
    Account name: Acheron
    Ally Code 972-671-697

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: After reinstalling Google Play Games I was able to create a new profile, and by some miracle it seems to have restored everything. I still missed out on bonus energy and was unable to play all day.
  • Options
    I have the same issue as listed in the first post. I have Submitted a Bug Report ticket (Case Number 23980150). This started today, almost identical to the above poster. I did not fool with the settings described in this thread, as I should not have to risk making things worse for other Apps on my phone.