Rancor simming. What tier rewards?

Replies

• Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Personally I would expect no lower than 11-15 rewards for all guild members. Otherwise I wouldn't want to penalize those who are currently making the effort to be online when it opens.

You must be terrible at the raids if that's okay with you. I want top 3 or better if they are gonna sim it. If everyone gets less than top 5 it's not worth it at all.

The ability to sim is likely going to be limited to guilds with the vast majority of players having 7* han. If you're in a guild like that and you're one of the only 5 people to be able to solo rancor, you need to find a better guild.

After all this time dont most players have han at 7* he was a login character about a yr ago hell my guild only has 1 player that doesnt have han at 7*
  • Options
    How about this:
    System checks if you have Han 7*. If you don’t, you get lower-tier gear and 7x Han shards. If you do have Han at 7*, you get no shards but get the prize boxes for top 3.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    How about this:
    System checks if you have Han 7*. If you don’t, you get lower-tier gear and 7x Han shards. If you do have Han at 7*, you get no shards but get the prize boxes for top 3.

That makes sense. The reason why people are soloing that raid is stun guns or Droid callers. Anything less from a Sim option, I'm inclined to keep doing it manually.
  • Options
    If the ability to sim it is there then the guild clearly is beyond rancor and giving out token low rewards to everyone is pointless. Has to start with the gold box imo.

Then again HSR potentially gives out 10+ gear pieces that zero of my toons even need so what do I know?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Tier one or why would anyone do it i'm never under top three depending on RNG so TIER ONE or not happening in my guild.

Because there are other guilds in which soloing rancor might get you 40th place.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Personally I would expect no lower than 11-15 rewards for all guild members. Otherwise I wouldn't want to penalize those who are currently making the effort to be online when it opens.

You must be terrible at the raids if that's okay with you. I want top 3 or better if they are gonna sim it. If everyone gets less than top 5 it's not worth it at all.

I'm in a guild that has at least 15 people post full autos in the 7 min rancor is open. So I vary between rank 1 and 15. In active larger guilds I'd say that is average. So even now in my guild I expect 11-15 rewards minimum and can get up to rank 1 depending on RNG.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Whatever happens its going to hurt those of us who actually do the raid and help those who don't bother.

I hope I'm wrong but I expect a big from cg as we will average rank 25 rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I expect it to be good enough that enough of the guild will not want to risk getting lower rewards to make the sim the "go to", but no good enough to be the proper stepping stone the raid rewards should be at this stage of the game.

They should have added more criteria to allow us to build up to a number of solos to have the guild get 1st place rewards.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I bet it’s based on galactic power. Hmmm they have +180 million, chances are they all could get #1, minus a sim processing fee, give them all #2... literally :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I bet it’s based on galactic power. Hmmm they have +180 million, chances are they all could get #1, minus a sim processing fee, give them all #2... literally :smile:

There is no reason to think it would be GP based, nothing about the raid rewards is.

I would be ecstatic if the whole guild recieved #2 rewards. That would be amazing, but is highly unlikely.
  • Options
    You all want the top 1/2/3 rewards.
    Don't be shy and ask for it, not 5 or 10. The choice to sim it should only rely, like all simable battles/galactic war, on the choice of playing the fight or not. Max rewards, period.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It really ought to be top 3 rewards. #3 would be fine by me, but realistically given how hilariously easy the Rancor is, it should be #1. Any decently developed guild has the Rancor getting solo'd within ten minutes of launch by 10+ different people.

And at that point, the rewards for anything less than the top 3 bracket wouldn't be worth simming it over the chance to get the extra loot box.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It really ought to be top 3 rewards. #3 would be fine by me, but realistically given how hilariously easy the Rancor is, it should be #1. Any decently developed guild has the Rancor getting solo'd within ten minutes of launch by 10+ different people.

And at that point, the rewards for anything less than the top 3 bracket wouldn't be worth simming it over the chance to get the extra loot box.

You're severly mistaken. In a guild where nearly everyone can solo the rancor it's unlikely you'll be in the top 3 very often. Have a reward box at 10 evertime is significantly better overall for all guild members.

You misread. I was saying I'd rather take the chance of getting the top 3 box than the guarantee of not getting it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Eliminate the shards or give between 1-3 shards and 3rd place rewards and I’m fairly certain everyone would be happy.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like this. if i press sim on any other place in this game, i get the 3 star reward that i would get for doing it.

Example in the omega event i get my omega, in credit heist i get my credits.

In this case most of my guild doesnt participate in that raid. Just join and let others auto it.

So i would expect first... i would settle for top 3 as the odds of getting them amongst the 6 of us that auto it is 50%.

Anything less than top 3 would not be worth the sim ticket as i can get a reasonable payout with hitting auto and going and fixing coffee
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I feel like this. if i press sim on any other place in this game, i get the 3 star reward that i would get for doing it.

In this case most of my guild doesnt participate in that raid. Just join and let others auto it.

So i would expect first... i would settle for top 3 as the odds of getting them amongst the 6 of us that auto it is 50%.

Anything less than top 3 would not be worth the sim ticket as i can get a reasonable payout with hitting auto and going and fixing coffee

Do the other 44 members get a say? I'm pretty sure they would prefer everyone gets top 10 (or somewhere around there) than you get top 6 all the time.

This is why I feel they will make them good enough the group will want to sim, but those that have been autoing it will feel a little let down.
  • Options
    1st place because rancor gear is literally an unneeded bottleneck that is pointless at this point. Even with 1st place rewards the drop rates on carbatis and stun guns is simply too little to matter. It's only going to help us with the crunch on Nubians and furnaces.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Do the other 44 members get a say? I'm pretty sure they would prefer everyone gets top 10 (or somewhere around there) than you get top 6 all the time.

This is why I feel they will make them good enough the group will want to sim, but those that have been autoing it will feel a little let down.

Most likely the only people who ACTUALLY get a say are the guild officers since they are the ones who can start raids. Considering the fact that the officers are the most likely to be the most developed, and therefore get the most benefit from hitting auto, if the prize box is NOT the top 3, then the officers likely have no incentive to do it regardless of how the rest of the guild feels. There are reasons managers, CEOs, and other executives always have profit incentives when running a company. The same is true of a guild making decisions. What is the opportunity cost for the guild/company as a whole? What are the opportunity costs for the individual person/group representing the guild/company when making the decisions?
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gluckychou wrote: »
    You all want the top 1/2/3 rewards.
    Don't be shy and ask for it, not 5 or 10. The choice to sim it should only rely, like all simable battles/galactic war, on the choice of playing the fight or not. Max rewards, period.
    Yeah. Not my fault CG isn't implementing a tied reward structure. I did the maximum possible damage in the raid and should get top rewards. My friends in my guild also did a full solo and that warrants them top tier rewards. Why should I get less than what I deserve because the guild worked together to beat a raid efficiently
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Most likely the only people who ACTUALLY get a say are the guild officers since they are the ones who can start raids. Considering the fact that the officers are the most likely to be the most developed, and therefore get the most benefit from hitting auto, if the prize box is NOT the top 3, then the officers likely have no incentive to do it regardless of how the rest of the guild feels. There are reasons managers, CEOs, and other executives always have profit incentives when running a company. The same is true of a guild making decisions. What is the opportunity cost for the guild/company as a whole? What are the opportunity costs for the individual person/group representing the guild/company when making the decisions?

Pretty sure that a good guild will definitely not be running on a leader or officer deserves more principle like you appear to be implying. In fact , i would hazard to say that if that’s the case, then players would be much better suited looking for a better guild.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

If I’m an officer in that guild the ones who never do the raid don’t get a vote.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that a good guild will definitely not be running on a leader or officer deserves more principle like you appear to be implying. In fact , i would hazard to say that if that’s the case, then players would be much better suited looking for a better guild.

The issue is the conflict of interest that arises. Right now a guild leader could in fact start the rancor and solo it within minutes while his guild is mostly sleeping, guaranteeing first place for them. That doesn't happen much because the guild would fall apart as you imply. If the whole guild quits, the leader will be unable to raid anymore (because of a loss of raid ticket generation) leading to a future loss. In addition, the guild leader also has a pretty high chance of getting first when the raid is set up "properly," and generally guaranteed 10 top if only a few people are actively soloing the pit raid (ignoring how many COULD, only looking at DO). Thus the personal opportunity cost for setting things up "properly" is very low and the future loss for stealing a raid is very high. Thus a guild leader will not steal a raid.
    Basically, when there is a conflict of interest, the leader is left in a dilemma. Future losses spread over the entire structure (potentially affecting the leader to some unknown degree), with present benefits to the leader likely vastly outweighing the future losses. Or future gains but personal losses in the present. These dilemmas lead to lots of damage done to the entire structure, whether that be a guild in a game, or a company trying to earn a profit.
  • Options
    I think the best option is to provide top 3 rewards or so gear wise. Shards of raid han are less important sunce to sim you likely have to have a most all members at 7 stars. But the shard currency from 12 solo shards hardly break the game.

I also don't think 1st place gear break the game. Especially since gear 13 is likely to be a thing. It makes sense to allow people more of the pit gear since there will be a new gate with higher gear levels likely requiring even more of the raid gear as components.

Having 1st place rewards gear wise also removes the potential infighting between those that normally solo and those that normally sit it out. Since they will all get equal or better reward by simming. So 1st place rewards make the most sense.
  • Options
    Maybe it could be based on GP?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Maybe it could be based on GP?

Do you want to be lynched? xD