C-3PO Nerf

Replies

• Options
    i think need nerf hsr and haat or no nerf.
  • Options
    @IDinDooNuffin: Stating my position in a discussion is not whining. You are clearly just a **** troll, and will be ignored from now on.
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @IDinDooNuffin: Stating my position in a discussion is not whining. You are clearly just a **** troll, and will be ignored from now on.

So your saying that if you had C3PO you would still be one here stating your position that this is not fair and the game is not following its own protocols?????

Bwahahahaha. Ya right!!! No whining or complaining about people getting more rewards here. You just want the game to follow correct protocols.
  • Options
    Wow, troll nation in full motion. I asked if something was still being done about this, after the first attempt was cancelled. And yes if I had 3po I wouldn't use him to out score my guild mates. I have been speaking to them, and we are figuring out how to make this fair. But it's on CG now to fix this, so the players who have 3po can know exactly how much dmg he is capable of doing without the infinite loop. We are trying to have a real discussion here, I could care less about what you think i would do in hypothetical situations because you know absolutely nothing about me. If you want to troll, then troll on; you will be ignored unless you have something substantive to add to this discussion.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So you've build an aurra team with the sole purpose of outscoring your guildmates, but if you had 3po you wouldn't use it to outscore your guildmates?
    Now that's something i find hard to believe.
    it's totally fine if you would have (ab)used the living heck out of 3po if you had it, that doesn't mean they shouldn't nerf it. If anything it's an argument in favour of the nerf. If noone would use 3po because "it's not fair" they wouldn't have to nerf him in the first place.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ok, so 3PO owner here.
    I really hate the phase 3 auto. To get phase 3 on auto the team needs extensive mod swapping. Which sucks with the current interface (and the low fps in mods UI).

On second thought, the whole raid is a nuisance. I need a break from it.

Could it maybe be simmed? If all the guild has 7* fully zetad traya g12 maybe?

TLDR, nerf 3po in hstr phase 3 as you guys promised.
    Or nerf hsith all together and call it a fair trade.
    And fix rewards top 10 vs 20-40 rewards.
  • Options
    @leef: Yes AGAIN I would not exploit a glitch to outscore my guild mates. I know there are many gamers out there who love to cheat or exploit glitches instead of (COMPETE ) which is what I love to do. So if you find it hard to believe that I wouldn't exploit a glitch to out compete my own guild mates, then that says a lot about you. Building a legit team(aurra-nest), and using strategy is a completely different thing than exploiting an infinite loop; which CG has stated many times that they oppose. And I'm not saying 3po teams are illegitimate, just that the specific interaction with the hstr is unfair. And the developers agree with me on that, I just wanted to know if and when they are going to do something about it. And your second paragraph is incoherent, I have no idea what you're saying...
  • Altazarus
    174 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OP, there are four possible solutions to your problem:

First, get C3PO, it is not so difficult to get as compared to Chewie for example. If you do not like C3PO, do not get him, but it is your choice to to get him, not something enforced upon you.

Second, C3PO get a nerf and CG does the same for every single toon that outperforms in any raid or event, including Revan, CLS, JTR, Chewie, Yoda, Thrawn, Chimaera, etc. Maybe you think that is a great idea but iof people have nothing to strive towards, why play at all?

Third, join a guild that cannot harvest Traya, most people with C3PO would not stay in such a guild, since it makes absolutely no sense to them to stay in such a guild. You can eventually get Traya there as well, in a couple of years or so.

Fourth, agree at guild level to ban C3PO teams per se. If you fail to complete HSTR without the, that is your choice.

Of course, you COULD enjoy the benefits of quickly farming Traya and work towards improving your roster. Same as you do to auto the Rancor or Tank raids.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Demerzel wrote: »
    Ok, so 3PO owner here.
    I really hate the phase 3 auto. To get phase 3 on auto the team needs extensive mod swapping. Which sucks with the current interface (and the low fps in mods UI).

Beg to differ. Perhaps I've hoarded more mods or something, but I find it quite manageable.

- zFinn already had a decent mod set from his previous glory days.
    - C3PO already has a decent mod set.

- I swap mods between Bastilla to Ezra to get his potency high enough.
    - I have two spare full potency sets lying around for Chewie and Han, which only goes on for HSTR P3.

I know that two full sets of high potency mods, which isn't used for anything else may be a rare case.
    But it never the less makes the whole mod swapping business a lot less tiresome.

And considering that it is autoable once you get it set up properly, I think the swapping is well worth it.
  • Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    OP, there are four possible solutions to your problem:

First, get C3PO, it is not so difficult to get as compared to Chewie for example. If you do not like C3PO, do not get him, but it is your choice to to get him, not something enforced upon you.

Second, C3PO get a nerf and CG does the same for every single toon that outperforms in any raid or event, including Revan, CLS, JTR, Chewie, Yoda, Thrawn, Chimaera, etc. Maybe you think that is a great idea but iof people have nothing to strive towards, why play at all?

Third, join a guild that cannot harvest Traya, most people with C3PO would not stay in such a guild, since it makes absolutely no sense to them to stay in such a guild. You can eventually get Traya there as well, in a couple of years or so.

Fourth, agree at guild level to ban C3PO teams per se. If you fail to complete HSTR without the, that is your choice.

Of course, you COULD enjoy the benefits of quickly farming Traya and work towards improving your roster. Same as you do to auto the Rancor or Tank raids.

Ok let's try to clear this up again.
    "Second, C3PO get a nerf and CG does the same for every single toon that outperforms in any raid or event, including Revan, CLS, JTR, Chewie, Yoda, Thrawn, Chimaera, etc. Maybe you think that is a great idea but iof people have nothing to strive towards, why play at all?"

There is a huge difference between outperforming, and scoring off an endless loop (essentially a glitch). I dont understand why when I say they need to fix the glitch (aka endless loop) you guys think I'm calling for a nerf; not only of 3po but of all great characters. This is not what I'm saying. For example Revan, the most powerful character in the game right now, can max out around 8-9 million dmg on the hstr. Teams with 3po using the "glitch" can get up to 40 million, while leaving the game on auto and watching netflix. Do you understand the difference???
  • Aeglis
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    C3 owner here aswell. I got asked to zeta Finn, farm mods and prepare the cheese team so I can act as a backup if needed. Since I’m not needed to finish this raid im also fine to slack and just run my aurra Bh in that phase.

But that’s beeing said, these cheese teams need a lot of effort, a zeta u wouldn’t have to spent and so on.
    Ur criminalize ur own guild, it’s not a glitch or sth it’s kinda wai right now. They will just change it since it is an infinite loop and they don’t want these mechanics.

If u can’t communicate properly in ur guild or setup specific rules so u have to blame ur own members on the forum ... well I’m not gonna rate this here.

BTW u want to fix the loop, not c3 since he adds much to jtr, and bast lead jedis aswell.
  • Options
    @Aeglis : "Ur criminalize ur own guild"
    Wow, really??? Its not like I called the feds to round them up, maybe you should chill out on the red bulls dude.

"If u can’t communicate properly in ur guild or setup specific rules so u have to blame ur own members on the forum"

Nice subaggressive insult. Why dont you reread your 2nd paragraph, and ask yourself who really has a problem communicating clearly.... 🤣
  • Options
    Well ur not happy with ur own score since u get outscored by c3p0 squads. Instead of handling the issue within ur guild ur complaining on the forum (about a well known issue).

Don’t u think u should handle a guild problem in ur guild before calling ur guild/guildmates out on the forum?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef: Yes AGAIN I would not exploit a glitch to outscore my guild mates. I know there are many gamers out there who love to cheat or exploit glitches instead of (COMPETE ) which is what I love to do. So if you find it hard to believe that I wouldn't exploit a glitch to out compete my own guild mates, then that says a lot about you. Building a legit team(aurra-nest), and using strategy is a completely different thing than exploiting an infinite loop; which CG has stated many times that they oppose. And I'm not saying 3po teams are illegitimate, just that the specific interaction with the hstr is unfair. And the developers agree with me on that, I just wanted to know if and when they are going to do something about it.
    That's easy to say if you don't have 3po. Ofcourse it's possible that you personally wouldn't use 3po because of the infinite loop, but seeying as many others who do have 3po are using him and that the most complaints are comming from players who don't have 3po, i'm willing to doubt anyone who's complaining about 3po that says he wouldn't have used 3po if he had 3po. I'm sceptical of the "holier than thou" attitude when it comes to nerfs in general. I think that's reasonable because it's always the ones who don't have the character in question that are complaining which means the ones that do have the character in question are using it.
    Personally i do have 3po but i don't use him because scoring high in the HSR is too much of a hassle. I've got no moral objection against using 3po, i would have definately used 3po if i wanted to score high.
    While the devs have stated that infinite loops are something they don't like and are looking to prevent, they also said we can use the loop if we wanted to.
    "In closing, if you feel like you would like to engage with the Sith Raid with this team in the short term, be advised that the interaction will be removed/modified in the new year."
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid#latest
    They never said it was unfair either. so the devs don't agree with you on that. Their problem with infinite loops is that it trivializes end game content.
    And your second paragraph is incoherent, I have no idea what you're saying...
    incoherent or lack of reading comprehension? Granted, i refered to 3po as "it" and "him" in the same sentence.
    Anyway, it seems the devs are still working on an adaquate solution. That's probably the closest you'll get to having your question awnsered.
  • Options
    Man get over it, it really do not matter. I personally don't think they need to fix it and they should not fix it raid turn over is awesome with it.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t call it a glitch, because everything works exactly as its supposed to. CG just didn’t foresee it being capable of this. But anyways, They will fix it when they have come up with and tested a suitable solution. Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.

LOL an unexpected infinite loop in your code qualifies as a glitch. If it doesn 't then what is a glitch?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t call it a glitch, because everything works exactly as its supposed to. CG just didn’t foresee it being capable of this. But anyways, They will fix it when they have come up with and tested a suitable solution. Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.

LOL an unexpected infinite loop in your code qualifies as a glitch. If it doesn 't then what is a glitch?

semantics. I personally consider it a design flaw.
    I'm curious though, what's your definition of a glitch?
    This is what i would consider glitches:
    lLwm29C.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    Aeglis wrote: »
    Well ur not happy with ur own score since u get outscored by c3p0 squads. Instead of handling the issue within ur guild ur complaining on the forum (about a well known issue).

Don’t u think u should handle a guild problem in ur guild before calling ur guild/guildmates out on the forum?

Wow, you guys are seriously ridiculous. An infinite loop (glitch) in the game is not a guild issue. And I'm not "calling out" my guild members. Again I did not create this discussion to complain, I created it to see if anyone knew what the status was on this issue. Hoping someone knew, or a dev could clarify. I really didnt expected to get attacked by the entire troll farm, lol. You guys are obviously the type of players who are fine with glitches and cheats. And that's great for you! But this discussion is an attempt to gather more information about this situation, I dont understand for the life of me why you trolls feel the need to attack me personally? It's a glitch in the game period. I wanted to know the status of the fix. Whether you think I'm complaining, or that glitches are awesome is completely irrelevant. It's common sense that in a competitive situation if someone is cheating or "trivializing" or whatever you want to call it (talk about semantics,lol) the competition ; that this is unfair. Please feel free to practice your English writing skills somewhere else...

@Kyno: If there is anyway you could get more info on this, please feel free to share before this discussion is completey overrun by troll nation. Thank you 🙏
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not "calling out" my guild members.
    [..]
    It's common sense that in a competitive situation if someone is cheating or "trivializing" or whatever you want to call it (talk about semantics,lol) the competition ; that this is unfair.

you basically just called your guildmates cheaters, lmao
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The only update I have is that they are still working on it, but the last fix again missed the mark.
  • Options
    So if I put in my Rancor solo team in and auto it without the enemy ever taking a turn is that a glitch too???? Isn't that basically what we are doing in phase 3 of the Sith said that everyone is crying about???

• Options
    I doubt it will get fixed

They fixed the NS acolyte loop with traya like that SAME week. I assume there's a raid around the corner and the suckers that didn't pay2win for c3p0 are being punished for not buying in.
  • Options

Kyno: If there is anyway you could get more info on this, please feel free to share before this discussion is completey overrun by troll nation. Thank you 🙏

You’ve asked him specifically multiple times now and he keeps giving you the same answer. Take the hint. We all know everything there is to know right now. When the devs have a workable solution they will share it.

In the meantime, it’s not a glitch, it’s a mechanic the devs aren’t happy with. It is WAI, just used better than they thought it would be, hence the proposed solution is a “nerf” and not a “bug fix”.

Also, calling it an infinite loop is not completely accurate. It is near-infinite, but there are still opportunities for it to fail based on probability. This is different than the critolyte mechanic because there was no opportunity for that to fail once it started.

And the people in this topic are not trolling. Just because they disagree with you doesn’t make them a troll.
  • Options
    It's been 53 days with no fix and they're still singing

https://youtu.be/29_uSlEEPSk
  • Options

Kyno: If there is anyway you could get more info on this, please feel free to share before this discussion is completey overrun by troll nation. Thank you 🙏

You’ve asked him specifically multiple times now and he keeps giving you the same answer. Take the hint. We all know everything there is to know right now. When the devs have a workable solution they will share it.

In the meantime, it’s not a glitch, it’s a mechanic the devs aren’t happy with. It is WAI, just used better than they thought it would be, hence the proposed solution is a “nerf” and not a “bug fix”.

Also, calling it an infinite loop is not completely accurate. It is near-infinite, but there are still opportunities for it to fail based on probability. This is different than the critolyte mechanic because there was no opportunity for that to fail once it started.

And the people in this topic are not trolling. Just because they disagree with you doesn’t make them a troll.

@Firebrigade: I was asking if he finds anything MORE to please share. In the past he has been able to communicate directly with people at CG to clarify things.

And for trolling I'm not talking about those that disagree with me. I'm referring to those who are attacking me personally, rather than discussing the topic. Saying that I'm "whining", or I'm lying, or the problem is not the infinite loop; it's that I cant communicate with my guild properly??? That's trolling. And whether it's a bug, nerf, broken mechanic, or whatever is irrelevant; and just you knit picking about minor details. If a player can rack up the highest score in the hardest raid, literally with his/her eyes closed; then something is broken, and needs to be fixed.

And if you actually read the previous comments instead of knit picking mine, you'd see that there is a debate to be had about whether or not CG will actually fix this.
  • Options

They fixed the NS acolyte loop with traya like that SAME week. I assume there's a raid around the corner and the suckers that didn't pay2win for c3p0 are being punished for not buying in.

This is exactly why im concerned. That fix was way more complicated, and was rolled out way faster. I really have no idea at this point if they even are going to fix this, hence why I'm trying to get more info.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

At this point in time i don't even care if they don't fix it to be honest, just gimme that sim button for all raids.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

At this point in time i don't even care if they don't fix it to be honest, just gimme that sim button for all raids.

Yep, that comment pretty much explains it all when it comes to your style of "gaming".
This discussion has been closed.