GA: Make it permanent

Replies

• Options
    Id rather scrap it, the worst part of the arena and tw rolled into 1. Oh look 3 rounds of 8 battles cool, shoud be interesting to see the teams on d. Oh look the same 8 teams again wow, ok well the next ga will be different. Oh wait no still battling the same 8 teams 3 times to win almost no rewards. Yay. No thanks.
    At least in the arena i only have to fight the same team twice a day , and tw , ill only face one of each of those teams instead of the same ones for 3 rounds. Thanks but no thanks
  • Options
    Id rather scrap it, the worst part of the arena and tw rolled into 1. Oh look 3 rounds of 8 battles cool, shoud be interesting to see the teams on d. Oh look the same 8 teams again wow, ok well the next ga will be different. Oh wait no still battling the same 8 teams 3 times to win almost no rewards. Yay. No thanks.
    At least in the arena i only have to fight the same team twice a day , and tw , ill only face one of each of those teams instead of the same ones for 3 rounds. Thanks but no thanks

This kind of raises a question for me. If you view actually playing the game as work and something you want to avoid, why exactly are you playing this game?
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options

This kind of raises a question for me. If you view actually playing the game as work and something you want to avoid, why exactly are you playing this game?

I get where he's coming from tho, everyone uses the same stuff to some extent, and it gets pretty old. But really, I have more of a problem with it in regular arena. That's why I wish they'd scrap old arena and do something in between. Kind of like marvel strike force, where you can have a defensive team, then use whatever to attack with, but with a ga type board thing
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Every friday through sunday is the most I would be okay with. But everyday? That's rediculess, if I wanted to play a game that caters to people who have no life I'd play MSF. You guys think u want it all the time but really if they gavee it to you, you would get sick of it quick.
  • Options
    It's seems strange to me that they designed a specific table for GA on the main screen, and it quickly turned out to be one of the most popular game modes, among players and gamechangers alike, and then it's almost always inactive. I think twice per week would be popular, instead of these long periods with nothing happening.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    We l love the mode and it would the best feature of the game to have it constantly.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    I think something should be done to shake things up. A guild mate just switched teams and destroyed the top of his shard, now one member is messaging him, telling him that's not how it works.

There would be mass exits of the game if arena shards were tinkered with.

And that bothers me how? Arena should be competitive, especially at the higher ranks. Coordination for position among the “elite” is nothing more than cheating.

It should bother you because the vast majority of people at the top of the arena who cared enough about the game to create and join shard chats are more often than not the paying customers. Without them, there is no game. Many people talk more and are closer to their shard mates than to the people in their guild. I can quite honestly say that the people in the shard chat are the certainly the primary reason I stay with this game. I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment. If arenas were shuffled, many would lose their social incentive to continue playing.

P.S. I also snickered at your belief that a pay to win game, with bad ai where pretty much anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else, and a horrible reward system based on clock management, should be “competitive”.

So you must be one of the people at the top who don’t let anyone else that isn’t in your group win.

I find it amusing you spoke of a desire for competition and now speak of letting someone win.

There is a difference between letting someone win, and ganging up on them because they managed to beat you at the game. What we have is people ganging up on one individual because they played the game and won because "thats not how this works".
  • Options
    Plus one for more GA even at the expense of TW.
  • Options
    agreed, constant and better rewards...
  • Options
    I think something should be done to shake things up. A guild mate just switched teams and destroyed the top of his shard, now one member is messaging him, telling him that's not how it works.

And that bothers me how? Arena should be competitive, especially at the higher ranks. Coordination for position among the “elite” is nothing more than cheating.

It should bother you because the vast majority of people at the top of the arena who cared enough about the game to create and join shard chats are more often than not the paying customers. Without them, there is no game. Many people talk more and are closer to their shard mates than to the people in their guild. I can quite honestly say that the people in the shard chat are the certainly the primary reason I stay with this game. I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment. If arenas were shuffled, many would lose their social incentive to continue playing.

P.S. I also snickered at your belief that a pay to win game, with bad ai where pretty much anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else, and a horrible reward system based on clock management, should be “competitive”.

So you must be one of the people at the top who don’t let anyone else that isn’t in your group win.

I find it amusing you spoke of a desire for competition and now speak of letting someone win.

There is a difference between letting someone win, and ganging up on them because they managed to beat you at the game. What we have is people ganging up on one individual because they played the game and won because "thats not how this works".

For the most part everyone can beat everyone (in the top 25 at least). No one gangs up on anyone else because "they managed to beat you".
  • Options
    I don't like it. Seems a lot of hassle for poor rewards.

Just personal tho...sure nobody cares about my opinion lol.
  • Options

For the most part everyone can beat everyone (in the top 25 at least). No one gangs up on anyone else because "they managed to beat you".

It does happen, just to those not part of the group.
  • Options

That definitely happens. If someone outside of the shard mafia push to top 25, they will coordinate to block them from doing it ever again.
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »

That definitely happens. If someone outside of the shard mafia push to top 25, they will coordinate to block them from doing it ever again.

So ask to join and work with the system instead of against it? Have you ever really looked at a shard chat to see what it's all about? The idea isn't blocking the top 25. At least not in most. The idea is coordinating so you don't interrupt someone's payout time. There are 24 possible payout times for each position. By coordinating when that for everyone it makes arena less of a pain in the ****. So maybe send an ally request next time you are near the top 25 and message the person asking to join shard chat. Say you want to climb while respecting others payout times.

Or keep complaining and missing top rewards because you don't play well with others.

As for the thread topic... yes a GA once a week would be nice.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

So ask to join and work with the system instead of against it? Have you ever really looked at a shard chat to see what it's all about? The idea isn't blocking the top 25. At least not in most. The idea is coordinating so you don't interrupt someone's payout time. There are 24 possible payout times for each position. By coordinating when that for everyone it makes arena less of a pain in the ****. So maybe send an ally request next time you are near the top 25 and message the person asking to join shard chat. Say you want to climb while respecting others payout times.

Or keep complaining and missing top rewards because you don't play well with others.

I've never merited an invitation, but I think it would be better if you do your 5 battles and then when those are done you get the payout, no matter what time it is. Seems better, IMHO.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »

I've never merited an invitation, but I think it would be better if you do your 5 battles and then when those are done you get the payout, no matter what time it is. Seems better, IMHO.

What about people that refresh to get more than 5 attempts? You want that option removed?
  • Options
    And make the rewards actually worth the effort
  • Options
    More is better when it comes to GA. I would play this mode more than any other. Maybe do a larger pool. 10-20 people and make rewards accordingly more awesome. Especially for those who participate
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    +1 more GAs and more rewards, por favor :innocent:
  • Options
    I agree with this. More GA please!
  • Options
    More GA
    hemjj2vadwty.gif
  • Options
    +1 For having more GA per month. Dunno if permanent is the solution, but now it runs really rarely.
    Probably my favorite game mode atm, it's sad having to wait weeks for playing it...
  • Options
    More rewards for sandbagging please.
  • Options
    Never stop GA. Everything else is boring and tired.
  • Options
    I absolutely love GA and would also love to have it far more often.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Keep GA, dump TW. That would please me to no end.

Keep vanilla TW, dump GA. I like social features, squad and flight arena are more than enough single player gameplay.

I hate the guild/social activities. Had no idea when I started this game it would turn into guilds. I never even heard of guilds before then! Wish it was all solo. Hate hate hate TW the most.
  • Options
    Only the rewards are a big disappointing for the time spent on it (almost a week )

Time spent on it is like 20 minutes lol