How the falcon made me lose interest in GA.

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    You and the OP won’t let go of this “p2w” stuff will you? Despite many people telling you they got the Falcon unlocked without spending a penny?

Ok let me explain something to you.

A few people unlocking something for free, due to being crystal hoarders doesn't mean that every free to play needs to be a crystal hoarder. What's the right amount to save? When and how do you plan to spend the crystals that you have hoarded? Do you even care to factor in good/bad drop rates?

It also required foresight, which clearly should not be part of your criteria for something being f2p or not. The falcon's actual requirements were not officially announced until a couple of weeks prior to the event. Up to this point it was all nothing but speculation. Yes the Bounty Hunters were used for Chewbacca OT and it seemed obvious that BH ships could be used for OT falcon, but that could also be a misleading move to make people waste some energy. The truth is that NOBODY could trully be 100% certain.

Remember last year, right around this time when Revan was announced to be at works? Many speculated that ST, SA, Nihilus, Sion and even HK but more importantly the first two were going to be needed very soon for the unlock of Revan. It was even 'leaked' on discord that data miners had confirmed this. I remember everyone talking about farming them, and many even did. Turns out things went completely the other way.

At the end of the day the idea is that there will always be a tiny percentage of the population who are, dare I say, smarter, more disciplined and have a sense for these things, but you cannot judge the entire population based on that criteria.

The equivalent argument would be that we're all in a classroom and a teacher shows up and gives us 50 pages of material to memorize for next week's test. Everyone fails miserably but a bunch of kids who have photographic memory end up acing the test. When the rest of us complain about the test being too hard and the volume of the material being unrealistic to memorize in the given amount of time, you point to the kids with the photographic memory and you use them as an argument to 'prove' that the test was easy.

I hope this demonstrates why people day that the falcon was p2w and that the AVERAGE, and average is key here, player couldn't have gotten it without spending at least 80 dollars for the bundle.

Whoa! All this text and still the HMF is not a p2w ship. Why? Because it was very easily acquired without spending a dime. You didn'teven need to have any hoarded crystals to unlock it. Yes, I know that you personally made some bad farming decisions, and didn't unlock a HMF of your own. However, that doesn't make HMF p2w.

Dude just go into your shard and count how many falcons there are. You probably have no more than 20-25, if it was as easily aquired as you think, then there would also be alot more around

https://swgoh.gg/fleet-meta-report/100/#all
    24% of all registered swgoh.gg users who rank top100 have the falcon. It's not really a super exclusive ship.

My shard has 15, also top 100 means that at least 5-10 whales are somewhere in there and some who would at least spend 80 on the bundle

weak leaderboard, that's pretty sweet.
    Anyway, you asked him to check his leaderboard like that would somehow prove your point, so i'm not sure why you're dismissing those swgoh.gg stats like they're all spenders. Why bring up how many people would probably have a falcon on his leaderboard in the first place if you're gonna dismiss it anyway if it's not to your liking? O_o
    Mine has well over 50 falcons on it btw.

I didn't doubt that his shard may be different, but you guys have a distorted idea of what's f2p friendly possibly because you place very high in both arenas and you have an abundance of crystals to go around.

The fact is that we've had so many legendaries in the past few months, Revan, 3PO, Chewbacca, falcon and you simply choose to ignore how hard it is to keep up with all of those for players who aren't able to finish as high as you in arena. So if you want to talk about trusting people, then trust me when I tell you that getting the falcon was alot more complicated that a "simple choice", like sure I had the choice to get it and I was like "ehh no biggie". It's clearly evident that many of us didn't have the ability to get it EVEN after we tried.

Had I stopped farming for Revan and 3 PO in order to put all my crystals into two ships that were not even 100% certain to be required I would have missed out on Revan. So please try to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you're trying to judge them. I know some of you finish very high in arena which allows certain things to be easier for you and I DO take it into account, you make more in one arena than I make in both if you're finishing in top 10 of character arena so take that into account
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    You and the OP won’t let go of this “p2w” stuff will you? Despite many people telling you they got the Falcon unlocked without spending a penny?

You are also counting how many days the BH ships were farmable. This is a clear mistake. If you count days from when the ships became farmable up to the day the falcon left the day, then perhaps with average luck you could get it to 5 stars. Depending of how many refreshes you could afford and how well you could balance things out with ALL THE OTHER FARMS that we have for legendaries. I count the days from the second it was announced that we in fact would need these ships up until the second the event ended and by no means could anyone get it f2p in that amount of time. In order to classify something as f2p of not, at least 51% of f2p should be able to get it with relative easy, which clearly wasn't the case. Probably not even 5% of f2p got it in my shard and some got it by paying and I know that for a fact.

Since you have done the match and calculations obviously just how many shards was it possible to attain since the "offical announcement till the day the event was over ? with say 2 refreshes on each ship node..which is F2P doable ? was 5* possible ?

But yeah from the "official announcement" your right....maybe not.... but as someone who posts here means you read the forum, maybe other sources you can't "honestly" say you had no idea at least "something" was coming... even casual players who don't post anywhere eventually lurk a little and should have had some foresight that something was coming and start the process to 5*

I actually like your statement...because it's true from the "official" announcement you probably could not get everything to 5* "maybe".... your actually correct....
    At the day of the announcement PeterBahama already had Slave 1 and HT at 7*, XB at 6* and IG-2000 at 3*. If you do the math, he could have easily farmed those 95 shards in time - even if hewon no crystals in fleet arena (but he ranked high back then, and a high daily income of crystals - which only makes his consistent false claims and multiple threads about this seem quite ... 'interesting').

Just do the math.

Uhh what?! I never said I had HT 6 stars, it was only a few shards ahead of IG
  • Options

You are also counting how many days the BH ships were farmable. This is a clear mistake. If you count days from when the ships became farmable up to the day the falcon left the day, then perhaps with average luck you could get it to 5 stars. Depending of how many refreshes you could afford and how well you could balance things out with ALL THE OTHER FARMS that we have for legendaries. I count the days from the second it was announced that we in fact would need these ships up until the second the event ended and by no means could anyone get it f2p in that amount of time. In order to classify something as f2p of not, at least 51% of f2p should be able to get it with relative easy, which clearly wasn't the case. Probably not even 5% of f2p got it in my shard and some got it by paying and I know that for a fact.

Since you have done the match and calculations obviously just how many shards was it possible to attain since the "offical announcement till the day the event was over ? with say 2 refreshes on each ship node..which is F2P doable ? was 5* possible ?

But yeah from the "official announcement" your right....maybe not.... but as someone who posts here means you read the forum, maybe other sources you can't "honestly" say you had no idea at least "something" was coming... even casual players who don't post anywhere eventually lurk a little and should have had some foresight that something was coming and start the process to 5*

I actually like your statement...because it's true from the "official" announcement you probably could not get everything to 5* "maybe".... your actually correct....
    At the day of the announcement PeterBahama already had Slave 1 and HT at 7*, XB at 6* and IG-2000 at 3*. If you do the math, he could have easily farmed those 95 shards in time - even if hewon no crystals in fleet arena (but he ranked high back then, and a high daily income of crystals - which only makes his consistent false claims and multiple threads about this seem quite ... 'interesting').

Just do the math.

Idk where you got that my XB was 6 stars, my XB is nowhere near 6 stars even as we speak, probably talking to the wrong person
  • Options
    @Waqui when the falcon event ended, on the final day I looked at my shards and I even with the bundle for 80 bucks I would still be 20 shards short to unlock. Which means I'd have to spend probably another 30-40 dollars on refreshes to unlock it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Waqui when the falcon event ended, on the final day I looked at my shards and I even with the bundle for 80 bucks I would still be 20 shards short to unlock. Which means I'd have to spend probably another 30-40 dollars on refreshes to unlock it.

Yes, you chose not to focus your efforts to farm IG-2000. We've been through this before. My point still stands: You could have farmed those 95 shards for free.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I didn't doubt that his shard may be different, but you guys have a distorted idea of what's f2p friendly possibly because you place very high in both arenas and you have an abundance of crystals to go around.

The fact is that we've had so many legendaries in the past few months, Revan, 3PO, Chewbacca, falcon and you simply choose to ignore how hard it is to keep up with all of those for players who aren't able to finish as high as you in arena. So if you want to talk about trusting people, then trust me when I tell you that getting the falcon was alot more complicated that a "simple choice", like sure I had the choice to get it and I was like "ehh no biggie". It's clearly evident that many of us didn't have the ability to get it EVEN after we tried.

Had I stopped farming for Revan and 3 PO in order to put all my crystals into two ships that were not even 100% certain to be required I would have missed out on Revan. So please try to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you're trying to judge them. I know some of you finish very high in arena which allows certain things to be easier for you and I DO take it into account, you make more in one arena than I make in both if you're finishing in top 10 of character arena so take that into account

Maybe it's a definition problem again, just like with "p2w".
    This game isn't f2p friendly because it's super easy for f2p players, it's f2p friendly because f2p players can do pretty much everything if they're "skilled" enough. You don't need to pay to perform well in this game, that's what makes the game f2p friendly.
    That doesn't mean that every f2p player or the average f2p player can compete for top ranks or will unlock all legendary/journey characters and ships. Be realistic, if every tom **** and jane could unlock all legendary/journey toons ships, why on earth would anyone pay to play?
    If your definition of "f2p friendly" is different to what i just described, then we're just not talking about the same thing eventhough we're using the same word.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Just do the math.

Idk where you got that my XB was 6 stars, my XB is nowhere near 6 stars even as we speak, probably talking to the wrong person

Ok. I may remember wrong then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. In this discussion, you classify HMF as p2w, but in a previous thread of yours you admitted, that you could have unlocked HMF, if you had prioritized your farming differently instead of farming your favourit characters:
    Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused. In this discussion, you classify HMF as p2w, but in a previous thread of yours you admitted, that you could have unlocked HMF, if you had prioritized your farming differently instead of farming your favourit characters:
    Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.
    And the choice between a once every three months Legendary and a pair of toons you can farm every single day is a no-brainer if you care about fleet arena.
  • Options

I was hypothesising, I did the math and it wouldn't have been enough, even if I stopped farming Embo and Jango (btw Jango is on the same node as HT which is why I started the node in the first place, so basically just Embo), I would still need to do at least 1 extra refresh a day on these nodes and then buy another 320 energy so that's an extra 200 crystals each day which is far more than I could spare
  • Options

A few people unlocking something for free, due to being crystal hoarders doesn't mean that every free to play needs to be a crystal hoarder. What's the right amount to save? When and how do you plan to spend the crystals that you have hoarded? Do you even care to factor in good / bad drop rates?

I hope this demonstrates why people day that the falcon was p2w and that the AVERAGE, and average is key here, player couldn't have gotten it without spending at least 80 dollars for the bundle.
    Thanks for explaining @PeterBahama . I take issue with a great deal of the points in your post, but I don’t have the time or inclination, to address them all (many of them I’ve already addressed in the past, anyway).

But the first and last paragraphs, and one from another post do merit some attention.

1) I’m not a crystal hoarder, and I got HMF for free. I will confess I’m earning average 475 per day from squad arena, but I very rarely have >1000 crystals stored up. I can count on one hand the times I’ve finished top 50 in fleet arena, though, so I’m definitely not a 2 arena payout guy.

2) in my fleet shard the entire top 50 has HMF. I usually hover somewhere between 120 and 60, and I would estimate half of my battles are against other HMF owners. So not only did I not p2w, I don’t even w!

3) this only demonstrates why you say HMF was p2w. I’m not disputing that more ftp players will have missed out on HMF than got it, but that doesn’t make your claims that it was p2w any more valid.
  • Options

A few people unlocking something for free, due to being crystal hoarders doesn't mean that every free to play needs to be a crystal hoarder. What's the right amount to save? When and how do you plan to spend the crystals that you have hoarded? Do you even care to factor in good / bad drop rates?

Thanks for explaining @PeterBahama . I take issue with a great deal of the points in your post, but I don’t have the time or inclination, to address them all (many of them I’ve already addressed in the past, anyway).

But the first and last paragraphs, and one from another post do merit some attention.

1) I’m not a crystal hoarder, and I got HMF for free. I will confess I’m earning average 475 per day from squad arena, but I very rarely have >1000 crystals stored up. I can count on one hand the times I’ve finished top 50 in fleet arena, though, so I’m definitely not a 2 arena payout guy.

2) in my fleet shard the entire top 50 has HMF. I usually hover somewhere between 120 and 60, and I would estimate half of my battles are against other HMF owners. So not only did I not p2w, I don’t even w!

3) this only demonstrates why you say HMF was p2w. I’m not disputing that more ftp players will have missed out on HMF than got it, but that doesn’t make your claims that it was p2w any more valid.

Well as soon as you said that you average 475 crystals from arena daily it basically puts you way above average. Although you don't save them, this only showcases that you spent them, probably on energy refreshes. This means your legendary farms were far more developed than most f2p. You had the luxury to be done with 3PO and Revan when the BH ships became farmable which means you probably had nothing better to farm anyways. I've said it many times that I was still farming for 3PO and Revan, getting on the BH ships on day 1 means that I should have paused Revan and 3 PO farms. This would almost certainly mean that I could cut it too close with Revan. I am sure you can see the problem with that.

What bothers me and the main reason why I keep on with this debate, is that people make it sound like it was just a choice. So simple as saying that I basically CHOSE not to get the falcon, which is simply absurd. I want people to recognize and admit that getting the falcon was a matter of:

1. Being fairly certain about it's requirements before they were officially announced, which takes a certain amount of faith, staying informed and perhaps foresight and good prediction skills.

2. Being able to at least place high enough in both arenas so that you don't have to jeopardize Revan by completely abandoning his farming. Or have a saved up crystals in anticipation for similar panic farms.

The average f2p player doesn't place as high in arena, the average f2p player doesn't have the luxury of saving up big piles of crystals due to the above reason. The average f2p player simply cannot risk spending excess resources on meare rumors and speculation. To say something is f2p friendly it means that the AVERAGE f2p should be able to get it with relative easy. No need for resource stockpiling, no need for educated assumptions and risks, no need for placing higher than the average f2p player.

There will ALWAYS BE f2p who are better off than most f2p, those who have gotten lucky with mod drops that allow them to compete with whales in arena. Those who are smarter, luckier and more skilled, but is it reasonable to judge ALL f2p by those standards? Is it fair to judge my sprint times by comparison to Usain Bolt? Or judge my swimming times by comparing them to Michael Phelps, or my basketball skill by comparing it to LeBron James? It's simply a fallacious attempt to dismiss my argument before it's even made. Comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges is crucial to a good argument.

But look no further, do you know the devs as being particularly charitable? If they intended for the Mil.F to be f2p friendly wouldn't they just state the requirements from day 1? But they didn't, they made those ships farmable but never said anything about mil.f until week later. This comes to show you that they were betting on people's ability to misjudge their intentions and encourage spending. I'm sure that was their strategy from the get go. They didn't sit in a conference room and think: "Hey we need to release the falcon but we can't make any money it, I'm sure if we make the BH ships farmable now everyone will predict it and start farming them on day 1". They KNEW that money would be made because most people are simply not good at planning ahead, whether they are f2p or p2p. If they fooled alot of the p2p what makes you think they wouldn't fool the f2p?
  • Options
    Every time I engage in debate with the OP he sticks me on ignore.

Truth hurts?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    (the weirdest thing, I can't see this thread in the ships area it is supposed to be located in on the forums?)

Broken ship that's ruined arena and GA for many people that was hard to farm as no information was known that was only farmed by the people defending it, or being defended by people who paid for it, The real people to listen to are the people with the falcon who agree it is a broken ship.

I could have paid to win and bought the falcon and kept my top spot in fleet arena that I have held for 9months, but I decided against paying to win with the falcon.

Luckily my investment into ships allows me to still beat weaker versions of it, but anyone with AA and all the requirements maxed I stand 0% chance to beat, there is no if's and's or's about it. You have Falcon in the right team, you win. GGnoRE.
  • Options

Truth hurts?

Didn't you see my reply? Pretty big to miss
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    (the weirdest thing, I can't see this thread in the ships area it is supposed to be located in on the forums?)

Broken ship that's ruined arena and GA for many people that was hard to farm as no information was known that was only farmed by the people defending it, or being defended by people who paid for it, The real people to listen to are the people with the falcon who agree it is a broken ship.

I could have paid to win and bought the falcon and kept my top spot in fleet arena that I have held for 9months, but I decided against paying to win with the falcon.

Luckily my investment into ships allows me to still beat weaker versions of it, but anyone with AA and all the requirements maxed I stand 0% chance to beat, there is no if's and's or's about it. You have Falcon in the right team, you win. GGnoRE.

Basically you summed it up right. I know that basically 99% of those who defend the falcon are people who got it, I am trying to change minds and I know how hard it is.

Anyone who says that the falcon can be beaten is totally being ignorant. They probably have seen one of the early "falcon counter" videos and they got convinced that it can lose but since they already own it and they have been using it, they are completely oblivious to what it's like to fight against it without having it yourself.

The only way you can beat a falcon is if they aren't using the right lineup or if it's 5 stars. The strategy of using TFP and Poe to blow it out of battle before it can get that cursed buff that makes it unbeatable, only works if BOTH ships crit, which doesn't happen too often. Also because Poe is alot faster than TFP you need to actually remove mods from Poe so he can go second which guarantees a critical but reduces he damage overall. Even then you are not guaranteed that TFP will crit.

Then we have the strategy of using Cassian's ship to reinforce and dispell all buffs on the enemy team. That of course fails miserably because if they are using HT like they should, that stupid ship regains taunt the first time it loses it so you can't really burst the falcon anyways.

The only way that strategy could stand a chance is if they are either making a mistake by not using HT which most of the times doesn't happen, or you would have to be incredibly lucky to have HT locked AND Vader must be present to dispel the second taunt but he must have tons of TM to go right away AND the rest of your squad must have TM to kill falcon before it regains the buff.

Essentially it's impossible.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

haha, still pushing the alternative meaning of "pay2win" i see. You know it's just going to result in "p2w" not being considered bad anymore if you keep using in this manner right?
    "the real people to listen to" are the ones who agree with you i assume? haha
    The real people to listen to are the ones without the falcon who aren't complaining ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »

haha, still pushing the alternative meaning of "pay2win" i see. You know it's just going to result in "p2w" not being considered bad anymore if you keep using in this manner right?
    The real people to listen to are the ones without the falcon who aren't complaining ;)

For some it was a "p2w" ship, for others like myself - not so much, but truth is if you don't have it, you're screwed! It's that much OP.

Do you agree with the statement: A 7 star falcon with AA capital ship, HT, ghost, biggs or bistan's u wing as a starting lineup, with phantom and the others as reinforcements, (all pilots at g12 or better), cannot be defeated by anything that anyone has come up with thus far and with having the falcon itself to use against it?

Just curious on what you think on this statement
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

For some it was a "p2w" ship, for others like myself - not so much, but truth is if you don't have it, you're screwed! It's that much OP.

Pretty much this! :) You have to have and use the Falcon to be relevant. Its a simple fact right now. If they didn't make the ship OP so much that it is a requirement to play, I'd not call it p2w. Cause then I'd not have had to have paid in order to win. Cause I could still win using what i'd like, same as all of us.

There is no defending this falcon or defending the fact that the falcon was a p2w ship. It existed so they could make money off people who didn't have the BH ships ready. And they had to make it super strong, just like Revan, to make more money off people.
  • Options

Truth hurts?

I’ve not seen this thread for 5 days. I wonder if one of the mods is doing something, maybe thinking I’m being a bit harsh towards you so they block me from seeing your posts etc? Also, when I’ve looked up your profile it tells me I don’t have permission to see any of your discussions.

@Kyno is that something mods can do?

I’m pretty sure PeterBahama can take it!!!

I see your point re: farming. And I do realise I’m not the “average” FTP player. When new stuff comes out it is a relatively easy decision for me to go after it immediately. That said, I have not gone back to finish off XB or IG2000 yet, hoping I don’t regret that in a couple of months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Truth hurts?

I’ve not seen this thread for 5 days. I wonder if one of the mods is doing something, maybe thinking I’m being a bit harsh towards you so they block me from seeing your posts etc? Also, when I’ve looked up your profile it tells me I don’t have permission to see any of your discussions.

Kyno is that something mods can do?

I see your point re: farming. And I do realise I’m not the “average” FTP player. When new stuff comes out it is a relatively easy decision for me to go after it immediately. That said, I have not gone back to finish off XB or IG2000 yet, hoping I don’t regret that in a couple of months.

It was an issue with the spam filter, should be cleared up now.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Truth hurts?

Oh, so that explains what happens when I see threads in the "most recently posted here" Section of the forums when looking over the sub categories, yet go into said subcategory and its nowhere to be seen, lol.

Seen this a couple times now where threads just mysteriously disappear x3
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Truth hurts?

Oh, so that explains what happens when I see threads in the "most recently posted here" Section of the forums when looking over the sub categories, yet go into said subcategory and its nowhere to be seen, lol.

Seen this a couple times now where threads just mysteriously disappear x3

Yes, and unfortunately we see them as normal threads, and cant tell the difference until we check the filter.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Basically you summed it up right. I know that basically 99% of those who defend the falcon are people who got it, I am trying to change minds and I know how hard it is.

I am not defending Han's Falcon. I'm claiming that a 5* HMF was easily obtainable in general - unless you were a relatively new player. Many players farm Slave 1 to 7* right from they unlock ships, and many had HT at 5* or more already when HMF was first hinted. Furthermore, many players farmed XB as soon as it became farmable, since it was a great ship for the starting line-up along with HT. Having those 3 ready at 5* for the HMF event was no problem at all (again: unless you were a relatively new player). This leaves IG-2000, which was the last of the four to become farmable. If you began farming it as soon as it became farmable, you would have it ready at 5* easily. If you waited until rumors of the need for BH ship for 'something' it would required only a few of the least expensive 25 crystals refreshes. If you waited until the requirements for HMF were officially announced you still had 11 days to farm 95 shards and would require 75 crystals a day for refreshes and a couple extra for 100 crystals (not every day).

Any experienced player could have unlocked a 5* HMF for free.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I am not defending Han's Falcon. I'm claiming that a 5* HMF was easily obtainable in general - unless you were a relatively new player. Many players farm Slave 1 to 7* right from they unlock ships, and many had HT at 5* or more already when HMF was first hinted. Furthermore, many players farmed XB as soon as it became farmable, since it was a great ship for the starting line-up along with HT. Having those 3 ready at 5* for the HMF event was no problem at all (again: unless you were a relatively new player). This leaves IG-2000, which was the last of the four to become farmable. If you began farming it as soon as it became farmable, you would have it ready at 5* easily. If you waited until rumors of the need for BH ship for 'something' it would required only a few of the least expensive 25 crystals refreshes. If you waited until the requirements for HMF were officially announced you still had 11 days to farm 95 shards and would require 75 crystals a day for refreshes and a couple extra for 100 crystals (not every day).

I did unlock it at 5* for free, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculously OP and the only viable way to beat it is if you use your own Falcon.
    However, it prooves the OP wrong, when he claimed, that HMF was p2w.

I don't really care weather it's OP or not. I'll leave that discussion to others. My only point is, that it was available for free at it's first occurance.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

I did unlock it at 5* for free, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculously OP and the only viable way to beat it is if you use your own Falcon. This was a bad move from CG, because it both killed what little variety was left in ship arena (in my shard at least) and killed the encouragement for players who don't have it!

Killed the variety in my shard too, I look at threads all over and its funny to see all the top teams in arena are Revan, and in ships Falcon.

There is literally 0 choice and diversity going on in game everywhere, lol. You either use this meta or accept low rewards.

Was fun at least in all the other meta's I've been a part of, Traya, Palp, ect. There was always teams that could still beat them and you could still place high without the meta. Never used Hounds Tooth, still placed first.

Haha, Dark times for the game.
  • Options
    There is literally 0 choice and diversity going on in game everywhere, lol. You either use this meta or accept low rewards...
    Tell that to the guys making it into the top 5 without the meta. Yes, it's taken them some time to figure out the strategy, but it's not a fluke. It's like when HT and Nest first came out - the cries of "OP! broken! unbeatable" were loud and many. But as players started to figure out the strategy, they died down.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/