Rework Updates and clarity on timing

Prev134
So I have been waiting for this rework to drop for a long time being a major droid fan. That being said all of your promotional videos and all the gamechanger videos state that the grievous and magnaguard rework post today. In anticipation I stayed up making sure I would be awake for when the game switched over to today's date to take full advantage of the update. 1AM comes around and guess what? No rework drop. If you guys are gonna wait until the end of the day to actually do the update why don't you say that or just say the rework won't drop until the next day. If you're gonna create hype around these events you should let people plan around them accordingly, if you say an update will happen on a certain date it should drop on that day as soon as that day starts, not at some random undisclosed time so I have to lose sleep and keep constantly checking my phone for the update. I was excited for this now I'm just **** I waited up for it.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Game changers dont announce when game updates will drop. They announced when the kits would be revealed:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195959/kit-rework-general-grievous#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195957/kit-rework-ig-100-magnaguard#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195958/kit-reveal-droideka#latest
    We will get an update this week (could be today, but more likely tomorrow, as they usually drop updates on Thursdays) to push the droideka event and most likely make the kits go live as well.

Updates never drop at the start of the day, they usually push them out mid to late day (their time).
  • Options
    In my experience forced updates almost never happen before afternoon their time (PST), certainly never at midnight or whatever.

Besides, whose midnight/change of day should it launch at exactly? If you're in Australia, your midnight is the day before for everyone else. If it launched at midnight PST, then that would be well into the next day for the rest of the world. It's also not gonna be staggered to launch at different times based on timezone else again, Australia, etc would have it hours before anyone else, giving them an unfair advantage.

Why is change of day in your specific timezone more important than anyone else's?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Game changers dont announce when game updates will drop. They announced when the kits would be revealed:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195959/kit-rework-general-grievous#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195957/kit-rework-ig-100-magnaguard#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/195958/kit-reveal-droideka#latest
    We will get an update this week (could be today, but more likely tomorrow, as they usually drop updates on Thursdays) to push the droideka event and most likely make the kits go live as well.

Updates never drop at the start of the day, they usually push them out mid to late day (their time).

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today, 2/19/19 we’re releasing an Android-only patch to migrate players to Google Games in an effort to improve the log-in experience. Players can expect a faster and more efficient login experience with this patch.

Note: this Android-only patch does not contain any new game functionality or content.

We will be force updating the client tomorrow, 2/20/19. If you have any issues, please let us know at Answers HQ.

Thanks for playing!
    Crumbs comfirmed it would be today, also the company is located in California the start of the day there is different and we will likely see the update within the next 6 hours from right now
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Atticon wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today, 2/19/19 we’re releasing an Android-only patch to migrate players to Google Games in an effort to improve the log-in experience. Players can expect a faster and more efficient login experience with this patch.

Note: this Android-only patch does not contain any new game functionality or content.

We will be force updating the client tomorrow, 2/20/19. If you have any issues, please let us know at Answers HQ.

Thanks for playing!
    Crumbs comfirmed it would be today, also the company is located in California the start of the day there is different and we will likely see the update within the next 6 hours from right now

???

That update has nothing to do with the event or reworks, it has to do with the patch they are pushing for the Android update. They push the update 1 day and wait to make it a full push (the forced client update) the next day or 2.

Also 6 hours from right now would be 9am their time, I don't think they have ever walked in the door and pushed a game content update that early. The update you are referring too was already pushed, the forced client update is when Google (or apple) requires everyone to be on the same version of the game to play.

Side note: could you imagine if they did an Android only version rework, this place would burn to the ground....twice.
  • Options

Side note: could you imagine if they did an Android only version rework, this place would burn to the ground....twice.[/quote]

You betcha us apple users would gather pitchforks and torches and go chase down whatever "monster" we see first.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    They said the rework happens on the 20th.
    It is the 20th, so the update should drop in 7 hours

More like 10 hours, the update usually go out at 2-3 their time when they do.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    In anticipation I stayed up making sure I would be awake for when the game switched over to today's date to take full advantage of the update. 1AM comes around and guess what? No rework drop.
    You’re confusing in-game events with content updates. The GG and IG-100 reworks aren’t “events”. The Droideka marquee is an “event”. Most events start when the server resets....although a few like Credit Heist start later. Something like Droideka will end up with a countdown timer on the event page. By contrast, the reworks are part of a content update to the game and those always happen towards the end of the workday PST time. If you’ve played this game for any decent amount of time, you should’ve known the kits wouldn’t be update at server reset....even from how B1 and B2 were handled, you should have known.... or you could have asked on the forums and you would have gotten the answer in 30 seconds, lol. So that one is completely on you if you stayed up late for no reason.
  • Options
    So again why do they treat these situations differently? If you're gonna upload new content why not do it in a consistent manner so players have the opportunity to plan? And what if you haven't been playing the game long enough to know that just "how things are"? I'm well aware of the post for the android update that had no in game content but the same post also made no mention of when the update for grievous magnaguard would be live, it just stated that they would force push "an update" at some point today, no clarification on exactly what the update includes. AS far as the timezones goes that shouldn't matter as the events drop at the same time no matter where you are so any arguments around timezones just don't make sense.
  • Options
    If they took the effort to tell us they were doing an update for ANDROID that literally no-one cares about you'd think they could be a little more organized and transparent on when content becomes available.
  • Options
    PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    If they took the effort to tell us they were doing an update for ANDROID that literally no-one cares about you'd think they could be a little more organized and transparent on when content becomes available.

They announce all updates pretty much as soon as they become available (not before). Even when we have known an update was coming (for example, with the Mod 2.0 Update), we were given information about the changes days in advance, but I don't remember being told which specific day the patch was going live.

That being said, there was a promotional video of the Separatist Droid reworks, and at the end of that video it had a timeline of events, and showed the GG and IG100 reworks for 2/20 (today) and the Droideka Marquee for 2/21-2/22.

So expect an update this afternoon.
  • Options
    ilf4eixftmn7.png
  • Options
    Since TB is running, and there's likely a client restart when it happens, knowing the exact time of the update is quite important, and is unrelated to whatever's in the update itself. The reworks is whatever, well done, but knowing when to stay clear of TB battles where there are no do-overs is the main concern.
  • Options

Why do people keep saying they do updates on Thursdays? A quick glance at the updates section shows that they actually are almost always on Wednesdays the last few months.

Also, they told us 2 weeks ago that it would be today, as you can see in the image someone shared in this thread.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Since TB is running, and there's likely a client restart when it happens, knowing the exact time of the update is quite important, and is unrelated to whatever's in the update itself. The reworks is whatever, well done, but knowing when to stay clear of TB battles where there are no do-overs is the main concern.

The last group of updates there has been an in-game notification providing a window in which the update was expected to be released.
  • Options
    Basically today between 5-8 PM Eastern we will get the content update.

The new content will include:
    Grievous Rework
    Magnaguard Rework
    Droideka Evant (Starting @ Midnight/1AM)

Carth will become farmable
    Juhani will become farmable

Possible Quality of life update as well. This could potentially be one of those “monster” updates where they add a lot of new content.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Basically today between 5-8 PM Eastern we will get the content update.

The new content will include:
    Grievous Rework
    Magnaguard Rework
    Droideka Evant (Starting @ Midnight/1AM)

Carth will become farmable
    Juhani will become farmable

Possible Quality of life update as well. This could potentially be one of those “monster” updates where they add a lot of new content.

QOL will be in the title update I believe. Those are separate from normal content updates and require an update from the game store/google play.
  • Options
    Perro wrote: »

Can't believe I get to correct @Kyno. The update will be today. Per there calendar advertisement they publshed to twitter saying the reworks would be live today.

Kyno just iterated that game changers don't announce updates, and, being vague about actual update deployment (as he is supposed to). The update has been announced for today, but, maybe it will come in two parts: Droid update today, OR farmable tomorrow (along with puzzle). Who knows.
    Personally, until CG announces where to farm OR, I am holding all of my energies!
  • Options
    Instead of all these speculations, it would be better to have a post on the day of the rework saying "hey guys the rework will be launched at..." and then putting the time zone.

Less stress, less people complying. Too smart? I don't think so but hey we are always surrounded by mystery
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be nice if they dropped updates at the correct times. Is this update being launched American time(pacific time) or uk time based? Why is it we can never get a clarification... i wonder if the devs have ever brought a car, been told they can collect it on such a date then got to the dealer and been told they got to wait another day with no explanation.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be nice if they dropped updates at the correct times. Is this update being launched American time(pacific time) or uk time based? Why is it we can never get a clarification... i wonder if the devs have ever brought a car, been told they can collect it on such a date then got to the dealer and been told they got to wait another day with no explanation.

Most of the updates are pushed between 3-5pm Pacific (US) time. Lately they've been pushing an in-game notification about 1-2 hours prior for advance notice.
  • Options

Why do we need a "clarification"? The updates have always been Pacific Time, since that is where they are located. They also do them almost exclusively (as mentioned right above me here) between 3-5PM Pacific. While the *day* has changed, the time never really has.

Also, in this case, they told us two weeks ago which day it would be.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Leo_Rugit wrote: »
    ilf4eixftmn7.png

I’m so confused - @Kyno - can you please clarify whether the GG rework is happening today?

Earlier in this thread you said not today, probably tomorrow, but this clearly states it IS happening today.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Info from Kyno is not official. That image posted of the release schedule is.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The update for sure will be today. (Wednesday) because they will want to have Droideka show up locked in our toons area today so it can be obtained Thursday morning. This way, at reset, the Droideka will be available to do the marquee events and buy marquee packs.
  • Options
    The update for sure will be today. (Wednesday) because they will want to have Droideka show up locked in our toons area today so it can be obtained Thursday morning. This way, at reset, the Droideka will be available to do the marquee events and buy marquee packs.

And added to platoons for p4 :D
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

And added to platoons for p4 :D

Trust me they are making sure you do that haha