GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Why is this thread, a discussion on the droid rework, in arena and character strategy instead of general discussion?
  • Options
    Probably because this is where character strategy is supposed to be. Its Also where the reworked kits are posted...

And Probably the mods can't keep up with all of the posts.
  • Options
    I'm hard thinking, if I should bring Dathcha(L), Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun Di, Ugnaught and Jawa(-Scavenger) to G12+5 just for some good laughing...
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OWEN: What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

GRIEVOUS: Vaporators! Sir -- My first job was programming binary load lifter... very similar to your vaporators. You could say...

OWEN: Do you speak Bocce?

GRIEVOUS: Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language for me... I'm as fluent in Bocce...

OWEN: All right shut up!
    -Turns to Jawa-
    I'll take this one.

GRIEVOUS: Shutting up, sir...

:D
  • Options
    Tbh it seems kinda naive to think reworking some characters a lot of people already have and adding a couple marquee toons should be able to beat the current meta that features the most recent legendary toon.
  • Options
    We've just had a couple of guild members quit the game for good. I myself am questioning the direction this game is going in. Starting to feel like it's an impossible task now to do anything unless you throw bucket loads of cash at it.

I have loved this game from day one but have never felt so negative towards it as I do now. Please turn it round, make it fun, make the arena's interesting again, let the whales have first crack at the new characters by all means, but don't forget about your other player base.

It’s not about whales or F2P, it’s about bad game design, no testing at all and bad business tactics.
  • Options
    GREAT WORK ON THE REWORK CG! Full g12 GG against CLS/Han/Chew, or Revan/Yoda/Ezra or Triumvirate and he gets decimated! You call that a rework?

PS I don't have resources to invest in droids, I'm bone dry in terms of gear and Zetas so I can laugh about this because I'm not being stomped by Grievous squads, but hey this is actually kind of sad.

This was the most anticipated rework you've ever done and you totally failed. I guess we ain't getting a meta character until the big bucks get dropped
  • Options
    So it’s been a long time since I have posted on the forums but felt like this was time to do so.

I was so excited (as were many) for the separatist droid rework in the hopes to bring some much needed diversity to many an arena shard. The second wave of Revan has ruined what was actually a pretty diverse meta and arena has become endless stale mirror matches where more often than not the fastest Revan wins.

I did not want a super OP faction that blew away everything else and changed the meta overnight (I’m looking at you Hans Millenium Falcon) but I did want something PVP viable. I was (and I know many others were) willing to invest money in buying the packs and gearing these droids if they were viable. However why on earth am I going to invest money in a team which can be handily defeated by three characters on defence, that’s not just Revan, CLS+Han+Chewie and the Sith Triumvirate (and probably many other comps) can absolutely shred this team and that is not providing any of us any desire to further invest any gear,Zetas or packs into characters that have no viability.

With all that being said I have 5 suggestions I think could help make this team viable and give us all the diversity we are craving and who knows maybe sell you guys a lot more droid packs in the process.

1) Add another upgrade (or unique) to Magnaguard that states if he is present Grievous cannot be targeted. This mechanic would work similar to how Falcon performs in fleet arena other that it is character specific to Magnaguard and Grievous. We all know by now that if Grievous goes down first you may as well quit the battle. Magaguard is also still massively underwhelming and this would help make him an essential component of the team and also stop Grievous getting shredded in the first couple of turns
    2) Add another zeta to B2 so that he buff immunity cannot be evaded or resisted (should still be cleansable) this would majorly help level the playing field against the buff heavy teams that are currently ripping the droids apart
    3) Increase Grievous damage by at least 10%. We all know by now that Grievous hits nothing like shown off in the footage, if he did I think the team would stand more of a chance and I know he powers up as the battle goes on but even with max gear and the correct 6e mods he is still not hitting anywhere near as hard as he should do. Combined with suggestion 1 this makes this team a far more formidable option on both offence and defence
    4) Stop Grievous unique removing stacks of droid battalion from B1. I have no issue with how this ability works but should not touch B1 as this combined with any team that has one or more AOEs make even zeta B1 pretty useless and ineffective and goes down beyond quickly removing some much needed suvivability from this team.
    5) When Droideka has damage immunity up he should also taunt, this would help prevent the one shot destruction inflicted from a full retribution Jedi team or a CLS team and make the faction more viable as we could then time our AOEs accordingly. Currently AOEs from some characters are likely to backfire big time against counter attack heavy teams.

So there are my suggestions, I don’t think any of these are game breaking or meta defining but it would make the separatist droids PVP viable which I think is all we wanted in the first place.

Very unlikely you will respond but @CG_Carrie saw your reddit post and wasn’t overly impressed so I felt the need to respond. @AhnaldT101 if your reading I’d be interested to hear if you think this would give the droids the boost they need.
  • Options
    So my suggestion to help make droids viable has been merged here in an angry post which no one will see... amazing, thanks for reminding me why I never post on the forums
  • Options
    I feel your pain bud, been around since the beginning of 12/2015 and this entire 'rework' is a fiasco.

If my account weren't so old with so much time invested I'd already be gone.
  • Options
    Hey y’all,
    Personally, I really like Grievous's rework. Okay, to be honest, it’s not the best one, but it’s still really good in my opinion (yell at me for that if you want, I can’t hear you).
    Here’s two things though that I think would make it ten times better.
    1. Make Grievous stealthed at the beginning of the encounter. That would stop Revan from marking him, which usually means game over. Besides, it goes with his character, hiding whenever he can. Sure, b1 can still get marked which is bad, but it eliminates at least one of the possible guys to get marked that you don’t want to.
    2. Let one of the droids have an AOE daze mechanic. Maybe Grievous's AOE can apply it, along with target lock. That would help immensely against some of the heavy counter/assist teams, like CLS.
    So, what does everyone think of that? I honestly think that those two additions to the kit would make them a lot better.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Grievous hiding?? What? When?
  • Options
    I’m 100% ok with cls just rolling right over him, I’m not ok with grevious being portrayed as being able to roll over a revan team and given this pile of crap. The stealth on GG is a good idea I was thinking of as well.
  • Options
    Someone said on a comment of a video that grievous should have an ability where he can't be targeted until all droid allies are defeated
  • Options
    Someone said on a comment of a video that grievous should have an ability where he can't be targeted until all droid allies are defeated

Great idea, but that would negate the mark mechanic.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    I was thinking a way to improve him would be to give him potency up whenever an allied droid/separatist takes damage. I think adding an AOE daze would be a bit too much, since they already have so much AOE and buff removal etc. I don't believe the stealth makes much sense to me, since whenever we see Grievous he always jumps right into the fight.
    One thing I believe really needs to be changed though, is the interaction between Grievous and B1. The fact that B1 loses 8 stacks of battalion every time Grievous takes a turn is waaaay too much. I understand what CG was going for with this, but its a bit excessive. Even if my B1 doesn't get hit by any attacks, his stacks still just go down, because he gains 3 but loses 8 every turn. I'm hoping they can change it so that B1 only loses one stack of battalion to Grievous.
  • Options
    DJC_Chris wrote: »
    So it’s been a long time since I have posted on the forums but felt like this was time to do so.

I was so excited (as were many) for the separatist droid rework in the hopes to bring some much needed diversity to many an arena shard. The second wave of Revan has ruined what was actually a pretty diverse meta and arena has become endless stale mirror matches where more often than not the fastest Revan wins.

I did not want a super OP faction that blew away everything else and changed the meta overnight (I’m looking at you Hans Millenium Falcon) but I did want something PVP viable. I was (and I know many others were) willing to invest money in buying the packs and gearing these droids if they were viable. However why on earth am I going to invest money in a team which can be handily defeated by three characters on defence, that’s not just Revan, CLS+Han+Chewie and the Sith Triumvirate (and probably many other comps) can absolutely shred this team and that is not providing any of us any desire to further invest any gear,Zetas or packs into characters that have no viability.

With all that being said I have 5 suggestions I think could help make this team viable and give us all the diversity we are craving and who knows maybe sell you guys a lot more droid packs in the process.

1) Add another upgrade (or unique) to Magnaguard that states if he is present Grievous cannot be targeted. This mechanic would work similar to how Falcon performs in fleet arena other that it is character specific to Magnaguard and Grievous. We all know by now that if Grievous goes down first you may as well quit the battle. Magaguard is also still massively underwhelming and this would help make him an essential component of the team and also stop Grievous getting shredded in the first couple of turns
    2) Add another zeta to B2 so that he buff immunity cannot be evaded or resisted (should still be cleansable) this would majorly help level the playing field against the buff heavy teams that are currently ripping the droids apart
    3) Increase Grievous damage by at least 10%. We all know by now that Grievous hits nothing like shown off in the footage, if he did I think the team would stand more of a chance and I know he powers up as the battle goes on but even with max gear and the correct 6e mods he is still not hitting anywhere near as hard as he should do. Combined with suggestion 1 this makes this team a far more formidable option on both offence and defence
    4) Stop Grievous unique removing stacks of droid battalion from B1. I have no issue with how this ability works but should not touch B1 as this combined with any team that has one or more AOEs make even zeta B1 pretty useless and ineffective and goes down beyond quickly removing some much needed suvivability from this team.
    5) When Droideka has damage immunity up he should also taunt, this would help prevent the one shot destruction inflicted from a full retribution Jedi team or a CLS team and make the faction more viable as we could then time our AOEs accordingly. Currently AOEs from some characters are likely to backfire big time against counter attack heavy teams.

So there are my suggestions, I don’t think any of these are game breaking or meta defining but it would make the separatist droids PVP viable which I think is all we wanted in the first place.

Very unlikely you will respond but @CG_Carrie saw your reddit post and wasn’t overly impressed so I felt the need to respond. @AhnaldT101 if your reading I’d be interested to hear if you think this would give the droids the boost they need.

@CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb These are some VERY good suggestions to give the Separatists a needed boost. Numbers 2 & 5 might be a little strong but otherwise the others are very fair and should be strongly considered, especially 1 & 4.
  • Options
    Give entire team Damage immunity for one turn to get off the ground running. After that it’s all on you. Can survive any starting onslaught.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    DJC_Chris wrote: »
    So my suggestion to help make droids viable has been merged here in an angry post which no one will see... amazing, thanks for reminding me why I never post on the forums

Welcome to how these forums work unfortunately, just be glad your post wasn't moved to a dead section on the forums to hide it like I see all the time. If There's a mega/Merge, your post will find its way into it no matter the context. Its how they handle feedback :D
  • Options
    Give entire team Damage immunity for one turn to get off the ground running. After that it’s all on you. Can survive any starting onslaught.

Yep. I suggested this too. Simple, solves the Mark issue, team still beatable. Just not on the first move of the match.
  • Options

Wow, that is a great idea!
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Now, since I am a firm believer in Hanlon's razor, and given CG's history with proving said razor to be the case regarding their "extensive internal testing" numerous times in the past, I'm going to wait and see what "fixes" come about to the numerous bugs that plague this GG "Revan-killing" team (no NS pun intended).

Never attribute malice to what can be explained with stupidity.

I think there is an interesting philosophical debate here. Should Hanlon's be amended to say "Never attribute malice to what can be explained with stupidity unless there is a profit motive"?

Cause here's the thing. This isn't a one time occurrence. Over the course of 3 years a company that is making 100s of millions of dollars off this game has committed a dozen or more potentially ethically questionable actions that have been shrugged off with Hanlon's razor each time. Are we to believe that this highly successful venture is run by such staggeringly stupid people that they are unable to learn from previous mistakes and repeat history on a frequent basis? That's somewhat mind boggling.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. The actions frequently taken by @CG_Carrie and her team are just plain unethical. But I guess that comes with the territory when you’re working with the villain of gaming (EA).
  • Poppa_Smurf
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
  • Options

Then how about other poor teams tries to beat Grievous on offense..?
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Still beatable as it's dispellable. It just prevents a turn 1 loss. Revan can make you lose on the first turn.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Still beatable as it's dispellable. It just prevents a turn 1 loss. Revan can make you lose on the first turn.

This makes some team other than revan relying on opening salvo suffers, really, like wiggs, or han.

For revan team maybe yes since I dont own revan or effective GG team, but think about the other teams in TW/GA that other ppl mustered and trying to beat a defending GG team.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

This makes some team other than revan relying on opening salvo suffers, really, like wiggs, or han.

For revan team maybe yes since I dont own revan or effective GG team, but think about the other teams in TW/GA that other ppl mustered and trying to beat a defending GG team.

Yes it would be a counter to speed teams, which the game desperately needs. No more Revan or CLS Han Chewie instagib.

I'm not saying its a perfect solution, but it would give GG a niche. And most of all, its simple.
  • Options
    I believe these two modifications would make GG just a little more viable to appease the fans who have been waiting three years for this rework, and most importantly make arena interesting again!
    These would both be a part of GG's kit

1. Marked allies have +100% defense
    2. Target locked enemies can't assist

I believe that these two intuitive modifications would make GG more viable on defense, and greatly help to save arena. Cmon CG you have your cash cows, now do something for the fans! It's not like it wont make you money as well.Please do the right thing...
  • Options
    I think that these could be welcome additions to Grievous, but would they be in his lead or a unique?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    They aren’t going to change Grievous. The devs still adamantly believe that Grievous and his team are gods, and that the community is just too stupid to mod him and use him properly, and thus are not considering any changes to his kit or the kits of other droids. That’s basically what they told Ahnald when he asked them about it.