GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Prev13456710
Vinger
15 posts Member
edited February 2019
My 4 separatist droids are G12 and Grievous is full G12+ along with B1 and B2.

I used Nest as a replacement for Droideka for now... Revan is marking her and she essentially becomes a damage immune tank for the team, similar to what Droideka would be.

So I have free range to do damage with my 4 separatist droids. Can't beat a single Revan team in my arena shard. Not one...

The damage is too low. The most I've seen GG hit for was a 35k crit, with 51k health and 192% crit damage. He is usally hitting for 12-15k non-crit. My B1 is aoe'ing for around 15k, hitting harder than Grievous. It's a joke.

I've been rotating mods trying to see if health is better or speed is better, so far they all suck. I really don't think Droideka is going to come in and make a bunch of magic happen with this team. I would stay away from spending any resources on them.

It's possible something in GG's kit isn't working as intended, perhaps the defense down on his leadership. He is trash right now. Don't bother.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Watching Arnold do test runs was ugly. On first glance it looks like these droids are a waste of resources.
  • Options
    Do you have a link to his video? I was looking for his test runs but can't find them.
  • Options
    My BB8 is putting out 16K damage... which is more than General letdown.
  • Options
    I have tried nearly 20 battles now and unless Droideka is some miracle droid, there is no way this team is dethroning Revan. I haven’t even come close to killing a single Jedi past triggering Savior. My GG should be a beast on offense right now. I have his health at 61k before any bonuses from droid allies. The largest hit I saw was a test team where I have a double Zeta’d T3 giving him offense up. That special attack landed for 56k. Not anywhere close to what we were led to believe.
    I have Zetas on GG leadership, B1 and B2. I’ve tried every combo of BB-8, T3, IG-88 and even R2 (all zeta’d Droids) to ramp up the protection. All of them get slaughtered. I have thrown in Chewy to give Guard to B1 and still get destroyed.
    I really hope this is a case of the typical rollout cadence for CG. Push something out at the end of the night and let the beta testers (SWGOH Community) bash their heads against the wall for about 24 hours and try to make their product work. Only to find out some one forgot to flip the switch on GG’s offensive stats or some other ridiculously simple issue they can fix. I pray for a Bastila leadership style screw up where the kit was just straight broken. As of right now I flushed 3 Zetas and a ton of gear down the toilet.
  • Options
    I tried a 77k health build and it was even worse... GG has to be super fast AND high hp to even have a chance of killing something. Low speed/high hp builds won't work.
  • Options
    Well I guess I better just focus on farming Carth/Juhani then....
  • Options
    That sums up my expirence perfectly. Feeling like I wasted 3 zetas and a stockpile of gear....
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dang. How are you at 77k? I am missing one G12+ piece and expect another 10-11k from that after all my mods for a max heath in the 72k range. Impressive. Are you factoring in the 25% from droid allies in that number?
  • Options
    I feel you guys. I definitely feel like I wasted a lot of resources. I'm F2p so 3 zetas tons of carbantis hurts a lot.
  • Options
    Vinger wrote: »
    My 4 separatist droids are G12 and Grievous is full G12+ along with B1 and B2.

I used Nest as a replacement for Droideka for now... Revan is marking her and she essentially becomes a damage immune tank for the team, similar to what Droideka would be.

So I have free range to do damage with my 4 separatist droids. Can't beat a single Revan team in my arena shard. Not one...

The damage is too low. The most I've seen GG hit for was a 35k crit, with 51k health and 192% crit damage. He is usally hitting for 12-15k non-crit. My B1 is aoe'ing for around 15k, hitting harder than Grievous. It's a joke.

I've been rotating mods trying to see if health is better or speed is better, so far they all suck. I really don't think Droideka is going to come in and make a bunch of magic happen with this team. I would stay away from spending any resources on them.

It's possible something in GG's kit isn't working as intended, perhaps the defense down on his leadership. He is trash right now. Don't bother.

You forgot to say molten hot garbage.
    Or
    Anakin Skywalker episode 3 burned garbage.
  • Options
    Forget about theory crafting. My BB-8 was taking more damage from General Grievous unique than he was dealing out to the other team. Lol!

If it’s a light side droid he’s dead meat. Especially fast ones like BB-8.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for warning... has sep droids at 9th gear each, wanted to upgrade, but I will wait now
  • Options
    There's an issue that they've identified. Stand by for a fix
  • Options
    The whole team is bugged, GG to start is Not applying his Max HP for dmg at all, his unique is not working because he is not gaining stacks of anything and it not applying the mark or allowing him to take his bonus turns and he is also able to kill his own B1 and that is not supposed to happen. B1 is not applying the correct number of stack each turn, he is supposed to get 3 a turn then after using his special gaining stacks up to the number of other Sep on his team so say you have everyone but droideka you should be getting 3+3 but he is only getting 3 per turn and also he is not healing protection, he is only healing hp. B2's unique is not giving the correct turn matter gain to the rest of them and last but not least Mguards unique is not working period. He is not stacking with GG and is not getting his bonus turn ever. I'm going to make a copy of this and make a post about it but Ya the whole team is bugged atm so not so much a trash team as much as a trash release of the rework.
  • Options
    There's an issue that they've identified. Stand by for a fix

“Between B1 and Revan”. Don’t know how that will help Grievous with damage output, but we’ll see I guess.
  • Options
    Wow, what a giant waste of resources...
    :o
  • Options
    Lol well i hoped this will happen :D am not a fan of Grievous lol
  • Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    I agree that it looks like the whole Separatist droid faction isn't working correctly, not just B1. If they are working correctly then this is a monumental SNAFU after all the waiting and campaigning and the fact there are no decent counters against Revan. The game's in a bit of a mess right now and it's pretty much down to making Revan too powerful and too easily accessible.

Oh don't worry, there will be a Revan counter in a few weeks. Except only the superwhales will get it, because they had to put one of the requirements on a friggin ship hard node to make sure no ftp can even come close...
  • Options
    Just fought my first GG led team (all the droids barring Droideka - they had Thrawn in there instead). Just sat back and watch it destroy itself as CLS and co just counter attacked it to death

Certainly atm it doesn't look very impressive, hopefully it is just a bug with the powers or the interactions.

They had managed to reach lvl 97 in the squad arena, so either they are much better on offence then defense or they had just swapped them for their regular team to try it out
  • Options
    Be thankful, they could have released it on friday. :wink:
  • Options
    Great business model that CG uses. They advertise roughly two weeks out changes to the game through third party channels (game changers) as if Disney or EA doesn't have money to promote this dumbster fire they call a game. Then on the date changes are supposed to be implemented to the game, the changes don't occur until well into the night time hours for the majority of their player base (aka their cash cows) in the UK/USA it is already close to bedtimes. Thus meaning they wait until the end of the business day on their end to release the new content/patch/fix/ect, turn off the lights and close the door. Only to find out the next day, so and so didn't do their job right and the new X is broken.

Unfortunately this will always be the case because there is always some poor sucker willing to part with their CC number. Until that changes, the business model at CG isn't going to change and you are always going to have a frustrating time playing a broken game.

Good luck

This is exactly their MO. Release broken, untested junk because they know that there are enough players who will spend anyway.
    Then act shocked when it is full of bugs.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Great business model that CG uses. They advertise roughly two weeks out changes to the game through third party channels (game changers) as if Disney or EA doesn't have money to promote this dumbster fire they call a game. Then on the date changes are supposed to be implemented to the game, the changes don't occur until well into the night time hours for the majority of their player base (aka their cash cows) in the UK/USA it is already close to bedtimes. Thus meaning they wait until the end of the business day on their end to release the new content/patch/fix/ect, turn off the lights and close the door. Only to find out the next day, so and so didn't do their job right and the new X is broken.

Unfortunately this will always be the case because there is always some poor sucker willing to part with their CC number. Until that changes, the business model at CG isn't going to change and you are always going to have a frustrating time playing a broken game.

Good luck

This is exactly their MO. Release broken, untested junk because they know that there are enough players who will spend anyway.
    Then act shocked when it is full of bugs.

The whole Sep rework is just a distraction anyway...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    So, the Quoted "Revan killers" actually are terrible, and easily lose to teams most people have, more people have CLS then Revan. They want to remove our Finn Revan killer, change Revan AI so as to not target Traya to hurt the Traya tank teams, and add in a squad that just passes for a squad...

After you put in more gear then multiple squads combined (1,200 Carbs, 800 Frigging' stun guns, 850 stun cuffs)...

Multiple zeta's that more squads need in their lifetime....

And all your G12+ and G12.5 gear.

To be beaten by a weak cls team.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Devs - "People have too much gear saved"
    CG - "Rework Grievous" to the tune of that you-tubers song
    Devs - "We set the intern on it for half an hour, all done"
    CG - "To the marketing team"

Cue the marketing team

Marketing - "we will hype, the forum shills will love this"

Cue you lot gearing GG

You lot - "he is still ****"

CG -

tumblr_o1oq24XX2f1v3v7kro4_500.gif

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Edited for the love of stars. - :smile:
    Post edited by Lozsta on
  • Options
    Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?