Carth the Coward

124Next

Replies

• Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    arbennian wrote: »
    From what I heard, nothing from KOTOR is canon in Disney's Star Wars. So your argument is a straw man. Regardless, the intention of this event is to follow his path back to the Dark Side. In that sense I say Carth as a requirement doesn't follow.

It's pretty clearly at least pseudo-canon at this point. Anybody familiar with KOTOR can tell by watching Clone Wars or Rebels that Dave Filoni is acting like it's all canon.

Was it mentioned in the Clone Wars?

Places and concepts that originated from KOTOR often appeared. Onderon probably being the one that appeared the most. Darth Bane was not himself Old Republic, but his books were from the primary writer of KOTOR, and in the old canon he was heavily influenced by Revan. Some lines of dialogue from Maul at one point are clear references to the "Sith Code," which was the foundational principle of Sith philosophy which was, again, created in KOTOR. And the way the Force itself was treated in Clone Wars was far more consistent with the KOTOR approach than it was with what Lucas has said about the nature of the Force. So the guiding creative force behind animated Star Wars is clearly a massive KOTOR fanboy.

I'm not very familiar with the Old Republic, but I remember that Yoda visits Moraband and encounters a spirit or vision of Darth Bane towards the end of Clone Wars. And one episode of Rebels takes place on Malachor and features a bunch of ancient lightsabers (including crossguard versions akin to the design of Kylo's saber) amidst the scorched remains of a Jedi and/or Sith army. So yeah, there are a few easter eggs for KOTOR fans.

Bane has nothing to do with KOTOR.
    There was unfinished episode in clone wars that concerned Revan.
  • Options
    G20 wrote: »
    I agree. Its a business. People forget that. When you work, do you work for free? Do you expect CG employees to work hard everyday to produce a game you enjoy for free? Smh

Beyond ironic
    Does anyone else get it?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Tried playing KOTOR on iPhone. WOW is it awful

I would agree that playing games designed for the PC and consoles on a phone is an awful experience.

KOTOR 1 wasn't designed for a PC though (it was on it, but you can tell that it was designed to favor Xbox)
  • Options
    I say it again: Carth never joined with Darth Revan on the Star Forge.