Q & A question bank (question only please, do not reply to anyone)

Prev134
Iy4oy4s
2933 posts Member
edited April 2019
With the upcoming Q and A session, let’s create a question bank for the devs to answer. One question per person( only post your question). I’ll start.

Is there anything planned for ships, besides new regular ships coming soon(ie. ship raid, new capital ship, etc)??
Post edited by Iy4oy4s on

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Is max level and/or max gear increase coming in forseeable future?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Any more Solo content planned? Specifically Beckett or his crew?
  • Options
    In the past Q&As Dev's seemed to answer the same questions multiple times. WHY?
  • Options
    Has the reestablishment of Lucasfilm Games impacted the way in which you and EA have been approaching the monetization, or other strategic objectives, of this game recently?
  • Options
    Any plans to bring the resistance and mandalorian show characters into swgoh?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Last year, you mentioned that TW was being rushed for production and you were unable to implement a feature that allowed players to see which team attacked them and saving battles on TW so that others can see it, will you be adding those features again? If not battle replays, can we get the "Who attacked whom?" During the review phase? Due to strategy involved in Grand Arena, and TW of hidden territories, I think we should be able to see who attacked your team during the review phase and a log to see who attacked which and which guild member left a loaded Turn Meter team
  • Options
    You keep touting improved and more professional communication. Can you delve into a individual level as to what that means because since that promise the communication has been pretty bad. And can you speak to how crumb is filling his role as Community Manager when he rarely logs onto the forums and only responds to positive critiques?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Around how many marquees do you plan on releasing per year, and why the change to more reworks this year?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DaBro1197 wrote: »
    You keep touting improved and more professional communication. Can you delve into a individual level as to what that means because since that promise the communication has been pretty bad. And can you speak to how crumb is filling his role as Community Manager when he rarely logs onto the forums and only responds to positive critiques?

This is not true, he is logged in and reads the forums alot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's keep this respectful and on point.

This can be a great idea to help the community get some information we want to see answered.

• Options
    Will we be getting another capital ship this year?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

There was periods where he was going 4 and 5 days. There were people @ing you because he hadn't been on. There is literal proof on this very forum.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

There was periods where he was going 4 and 5 days. There were people @ing you because he hadn't been on. There is literal proof on this very forum.

This is not the place for this talk. Questions only please.

I like the new Geonosis TB idea... but what about the droid attack on the Wookiee’s?
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

This is not the place for this talk. Questions only please.

I like the new Geonosis TB idea... but what about the droid attack on the Wookiee’s?

I asked a very deliberate question and kyno broke in to defend crumb. I was defending myself and my request. Thanks.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Clone wars contend / Rework?
  • Options
    Any hope of bringing literature characters to the game (ex: Aphra, Mister Bones).
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    What is the counter to DR?? and what is the deal with setting such a high standard for DR and not malak. Is this how new char are being introduced?

So now we have this toon thst needs 2 legendary / hero's journey toon to unlock with 10 characters above G11... So is this toon classified as a higher tier then the hero journey toon?

Are we expected to expect such a model for next hero journey events? Where the hero journey toon is not complete and needs someone else to complete him/her?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Have you guys had talks with Lucasarts about bringing legacy characters from non-canon OT era like Mara Jade or a Jedi Knight Tusken Leader A'Sharad Jett / Darth Krayt? Have you guys had discussions about bringing legacy toons like her internally? Will we ever see her or characters from her era other than "there is always a possibility"?

I'm trying to ask if you have taken action on bringing these characters to the game in the past three years, or included them in your five year plan rather than "we might if we feel like it"
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and how not to forget... What can we expect from May the First? It is just round the corner...
  • SirOberon
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Has there been any more thought on some sort of sandbox / testing mode? Any method at all to give players a way to test / theorycraft is LONG overdue. GA and TW do not fill this role as at the top levels there is rarely any room for failure. Arena at top levels only gives you 1-3 squads at most you can test against.

I would argue the inability to test vs a variety of teams played a big part in the failure of the GG rework as the only content we could easily test against was top end meta teams, at which level he is not viable. If we were able to easily test vs B tier teams there would probably be more nuance in the reaction as opposed to just is this team meta or not.

Same argument with the Finn rework. I'm curious how well he works vs a variety of B tier squads, but I can't afford to lose battles with him in GA / TW, and there isn't much content available for him vs. B tier squads. That leaves me just treating that team like they are worthless now because I can't easily determine otherwise.

Could Galactic War potentially be reworked at endgame to provide this? I'm aware you previously indicated this could be used in this way, but as a player that has reached endgame the quality of teams that show up in GW makes it worthless. If GW was reworked so the teams that show up there are routinely well formed with synergy that might satisfy this need.
  • Options
    What was the point of adding G12 gear to ls/ds battles when it was the ‘we already have thousands of them’ gear?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SirOberon wrote: »
    Has there been any more thought on some sort of sandbox / testing mode? Any method at all to give players a way to test / theorycraft is LONG overdue. GA and TW do not fill this role as at the top levels there is rarely any room for failure. Arena at top levels only gives you 1-3 squads at most you can test against.

I would argue the inability to test vs a variety of teams played a big part in the failure of the GG rework as the only content we could easily test against was top end meta teams, at which level he is not viable. If we were able to easily test vs B tier teams there would probably be more nuance in the reaction as opposed to just is this team meta or not.

Same argument with the Finn rework. I'm curious how well he works vs a variety of B tier squads, but I can't afford to lose battles with him in GA / TW, and there isn't much content available for him vs. B tier squads. That leaves me just treating that team like they are worthless now because I can't easily determine otherwise.

Could Galactic War potentially be reworked at endgame to provide this?
    They have already answered their thoughts on sandbox a year ago, if you weren't aware,

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822030/#Comment_1822030

If that answer doesn't satisfy you, you can keep your line of question or edit it based on what they said
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They have already answered their thoughts on sandbox a year ago, if you weren't aware,

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822030/#Comment_1822030

If that answer doesn't satisfy you, you can keep your line of question or edit it based on what they said

I remember that, but to be perfectly honest both of their points about GW being somehow useful for this, and people spending too much time in the game if they add it are complete nonsense. Thus my reason for adding more context to my question.
  • mingtheinsatiable
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back in April 2018, CG responded to a community request to remove "challenge gear" from HAAT and HSTR rewards. Unfortunately, this has created a severe gear crunch with respect to crafting Mk 8 BioTech Implants, as the Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage was one of the pieces of "challenge gear" that was removed. There have been a number of posts on reddit and the forums requesting the CG revisit this decision and alleviate this particular chokepoint, all of which (to my knowledge) have been ignored. Can you please, in fact, revisit the decision and reinstate the Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage in HAAT/HSTR rewards?
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    During the last Q&A a year ago, it was stated CG was aware putting characters on single hard nodes was not a great solution and your staff was looking at options. It’s been a full year and you still put characters on single hard nodes. What is CGs plan to fix this 3 year old issue?
  • Options
    Can the daily challenges be updated sometime to actually be challenging and give gear we need? Mace’s challenge in particular has terrible rewards.
  • Options
    Why have there been so many cash grabs as of late and is this what we should expect going forward?

For example, darth malak’s release and weird requirements, 8 battles to 5, rolo/ipd shards, buffing bastilla so darth revan teams need to spend more to regain meta, new equipment that must be bought,
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Jesse36 wrote: »
    Why have there been so many cash grabs as of late and is this what we should expect going forward?

For example, darth malak’s release and weird requirements, 8 battles to 5, rolo/ipd shards, buffing bastilla so darth revan teams need to spend more to regain meta, new equipment that must be bought,

Lol what new equipment?

Darth Malak was certainly a cash grab. Nothing else you said is a “cash grab” however.

- ROLO And IPD shards are decreasing to 1 because TB’s will be more frequent again, they raised the shards because of the lower frequency.
    - Hard battles cap was increased to 8 due to the tough farm for the KOTOR toons, and it was technically supposed to be changed back. They are simply fulfilling that promise.
    - Buffing Bastila just means that Malakless DR teams can’t compete with JKR. Paying money won’t help.

I’m sorry please excuse my need to rant on an Internet forum, so New question: Will you be adding Snoke? Or is he unimportant? Or are you not allowed to yet? Same question for Hux.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dear CG,
    How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Now the real question.
    How did CG come to the decision to drop an event with 1 days notice? (Malak)
This discussion has been closed.