Q & A question bank (question only please, do not reply to anyone)

Replies

• RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Q: Training droids mechanic doesn't affect gameplay after the first few weeks as you never run out of them. I have 117,206 training droids level 1 and 150,546 training droids level 2. Wouldn't it make sense to eliminate them completely? Or convert them all to shards as a one-time gift to everybody?
  • Options
    Any plans to sort out the awful match making in GA the only people happy with it are whales winning every GA they enter
  • Options
    Have you ever thought about a community poll that lets the players vote on the one or two things they want from the game? In this example CG says “the idea with the most unique community votes gets development priority”.

You would probably need to put some parameters on it but let the players have a real voice in the content and see where it goes. As many times as I’ve seen “bring back hard GW” or “please give us X character” it would be nice to have an annual Players Choice event that got them worked into the development schedule. Just a thought. Thanks :)
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    Would it be possible to get stun gun salvage added to the guild store? Stun cuff and carbanti salvage are available in the guild store but, for some reason, stun gun salvage is excluded. There are enough gear walls, especially with the new kyrotech pieces, that stun guns shouldn't be excluded anymore.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Will the new kyrotech gear be added to guild store? If so, when?
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Are there any planned updates for stores with character shards like the galactic war store that would give us access to some more/different characters?

Also, can we please get some kind of increase to drop rates from the holotable, or even a guaranteed 1 in 3 instead of rng? (It may not seem like much to some people, but I find it takes every ounce of joy from the game when I have a day where thirty Sims yields zero drops of something I'm looking for. I know a guaranteed 1in 3 means I'm only getting 10 of 20, or 10 of 50 of a piece I need, but at least I would feel like I'm making progress daily.)
  • Options
    Many people complain about events that are RNG dependent. In other cases, people have complained about events simply taking too long. Examples of the latter include Mythic assault battles where the 8 encounter is much harder than previous encounters, such that in order to know if it's possible to win (or if you want to try a new strategy) the game requires you to play through 7 other stages that are not a test, since anyone who can beat the 8th stage could beat the previous 7. Yet playing through those 7 stages takes time. if you want to maximize your chances in stage 8, it might take more than 10 minutes per attempt, sometimes as many as 20, just to arrive at stage 8 with the best chance to win. Examples of RNG dependent events include Chewbacca's Bounty Hunter events. In that event, teams that ultimately succeed in the event might have no chance in any given attempt if the wrong character is targeted first or the wrong debuff lands on the wrong toon in the initial volley.

This is all to say that these events aren't player-friendly. The events don't have to be made easier to be made more player friendly. If stage 8 is the test, why play the first 7 for 15 minutes? If RNG during the initial volley determines the success or failure of an attempt, what fun is the player having starting the event over and over - especially when one is forced to watch the intro scene every time?

So all this is to say that suggestions like allowing the player to place one single stealth or taunt on one toon before starting the Chewy event, and a separate Tenacity UP buff on the same or another toon, if each of those buffs only lasted until the beginning of each toon's first turn, accomplishes the same thing as restarting the game until the key first action or two in your strategy chain can at least be attempted. It doesn't cause more attacks to miss or do less damage. You literally get nothing you wouldn't get without good RNG, but you get it without hours of restarts.

The question, then, is what priority is EA/CG giving to thinking about making events with pre-loaded TM or many intro-encounters more player friendly without reducing the difficulty? Will any of these past events be modified to allow players to focus on the challenges and not the busy work? And will future events have thought put into how to structure opening challenges so that the player gets to focus on the most fun and challenging aspects of the game?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    In the 4/10 road ahead, you stated that "variety" and a "balanced arena" were the arena meta goal. Then 5 days later, reworked Malak's kit to intentionally eliminate several optional counters.

Please explain how you reconcile these two seemingly opposing views.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we get the dislike button on the forums again?
  • Options
    If hard node attempts are going to stay at 5 for the foreseeable future would the dev team consider moving some of the more commonly needed or older shards to other areas of the game? There are far too many hard node only farms, and I believe many players would be grateful for a system of farming where newer characters are released to hard nodes and then rotated to other farming locations on a regular schedule.
  • Options
    During the last Q&A a year ago, it was stated CG was aware putting characters on single hard nodes was not a great solution and your staff was looking at options. It’s been a full year and you still put characters on single hard nodes. What is CGs plan to fix this 3 year old issue?

Great question I had one similar to this
  • Options
    Q- I think something that would go a long way for the player base - kraken- to just above newbie is a focus on Guild prizes or rewards.

Guilds are a uncelebrated force that drives this game imo. I speak for myself and others that I know have stayed playing because of their relationships in guilds.

Many responses and actions from previous Devs and Cms have been received negatively from the community - need players with better rosters - recruit them! Albeit not wrong but not realistic either. An outcome of new raids and guild events break up guilds rather than strengthening them. Again that’s the way the cookie crumbles but does it have to be?

There are many smart minds here and I’m sure in the office that can reward guilds in a way that is not game breaking but will also cool some fires in the community.

I guess this is more a suggestion than a question but why not. A small example would be - prizes for most donations or rewards for having 45+ certain toons required for a guild event. Like 45 hoth bros for LSTB gives a bonus to a person individually and collectively as a guild. It gives added incentives for everyone beyond just the need for them.

I am truly just spitballing but I think the benefits would be greater As a community for a small reward.

Any other thoughts on this can pm me as we re not trying to clutter this place up.
  • Options
    Some consequences of new kits are clearly intentional (the requirement to gear sith empire characters to use with Darth Revan / Malak) and some are clearly unintentional (the Emperor Palpatine counter to Darth Revan).

Was the return of stronger dependence on good speed mods in the Darth Revan / Malak meta an intended consequence of the kits or unintended? Either way, will future character kits continue to strive towards the goal of mods 2.0 to boost the importance of other mod stats?
  • Options
    Recently there have been new characters released into the game or reworks (Malak, JKA, etc.) who require an immediate rework in order to balance the game which has caused unnecessary drama in the community.

How does the development team plan to prevent newly released characters/reworks from needing immediate reworks?
  • Options
    Q- Why did you all (Devs) take such a hard line on no refunded zeta with Finn? Why can’t it just be precedent - if you change a toon’s kit you get the refund , no questions asked.
  • Options
    Can we get more pve content with rewards that help players that have many toons that need the exact same gear please? (Would have been separate requests but only.get one question)
  • Options
    Why is Jek Porkins they only character confirmed to never be added to the game?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Q: When will you fix the CLS loop in hSTR p3?
    Q: To piggyback off a previous question about the new kyrotechs, will these be added as raid rewards? If so, when? As of now, they do not do what was claimed, which was to lessen the carbanti/gun/cuff bottleneck, as they are used in conjunction and just add something else we have to farm.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Why is Jek Porkins they only character confirmed to never be added to the game?

Does the inclusion of Porkins in the recent "Age of Rebellion" comic change this stance?
  • Options
    Is there any plans to improve drop rates of 6 or 7 carbantis in the challenges from .001% to something more reasonable? Like 1%?
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Is there any plans to improve drop rates of 6 or 7 carbantis in the challenges from .001% to something more reasonable? Like 1%?

Better yet set it to a guaranteed 6 each attempt
  • Options
    Will we ever get a review period for Territory Battles (such as we do for TW)?

Will we ever get preset squad management for ships?

Will we ever get a title picture for Jyn Eros?
  • Options
    Q- How far away is level cap increase? What I’m really asking is - how far away is changing/upgrading the challenges ?
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Any plans on reducing the omega crunch? We are not accumulating enough omega mats to keep up
  • Options
    Q- with 4 tbs will we have one every week? Please say yes.
  • Options
    Q- Cadences. What are they for
    - Galactic chases will these ships ever be farmable from a node or will they only be through purchase in chromium and the event?
    - Mythic battles
    When should we expect to see them again?
    Will it be a concrete rule like legendarys and journeys.

Or

More like credit heist on paper- when we “need” it.
  • Options
    Q- Haat. Any plans to eliminate the clickable cut scenes when autoing? And any plans to eliminate the 7 hit mechanic on GG in phase 1 ?

(The juices are flowing this morning!)
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    wtbjwyjnm61l.png

Can we include this challenge gear back into the Tank Raid reward pool while keeping the other two challenge gear out? There is a large demand for this piece of gear in the game, and a lot of the player base is running out of this since they were taken out of the tank rewards
This discussion has been closed.